Runs the Tesseract 3.03 open source OCR engine to find text in images captured by the device camera.
This app runs OCR on your device--without uploading your images to a server--and is suitable for recognizing individual words or short phrases of text. Translation (powered by Microsoft/Google) can be run after OCR.
The default single-shot capture runs OCR on a snapshot image that's captured when you click the shutter button, like a regular photo.
When the "continuous preview" checkbox is checked, the app shows a dynamic, real-time display of what the device is recognizing right beside the camera viewfinder. The continuous preview mode works best on a fast device.
USING THIS APP
- Point the device at some text and touch the on-screen shutter button to start OCR.
- To copy text to the clipboard or share text, long-press on the text after pressing the shutter button.
- For recognizing individual Chinese/Japanese/Korean characters, set the page segmentation mode to "single character."
- Various factors can cause the OCR to fail: uneven illumination, stylized text, or text without enough contrast from the background. Try to have good lighting.
- Hold the device steady, and be sure the picture is in focus.
- If you need to scan a large block of text or an entire document, consider using a flatbed scanner or a document scanning app such as TextFairy instead.
- This app supports several languages not supported by Google Goggles/Google Translate.
- Supported languages for OCR: Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Azeri, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
- Arabic OCR requires a large amount of RAM. If your device doesn't have enough RAM, the app will quit during OCR.
- This is an open source project. The source code is available at https://github.com/rmtheis/android-ocr.
- Since the release of this app, Google Goggles has added a "continuous mode" and Google Translate has added OCR-based translations. There is also one VC-funded startup that has used this app as a starting point.
- Thanks to the contributors: Spoorthi, Hunvil, Jingjing, Xuyuan, and Mandar.
My latest translation app:
You might want to download this app if: You are interested in trying out the very latest version of Droid Scan, with new features that will appear later in the stable versions of our app, and you don't mind testing new software that may have some rough edges.
Status: This is an early release of Droid Scan 5.7.5, featuring minor fixes for the 5.7.4 series. Your feedback is welcome by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, you can display and edit your existing Augmented Reality scenarios by transferring an AREL package to the app's documents folder via iTunes. Transforms of rendered content, such as translation, rotation and scale, can be adjusted directly inside Toolbox.
The application also allow you to calibrate the device camera.
This application is NOT intended for end-users: it is a demo for developers that want to test features of unofficial Android Bluetooth API.
★★ PLEASE READ THIS ★★
Cloudii is free to use but with very limited functions. In order to use all services and features you have to buy Cloudii via In-App purchase (2.49€).
★★ MAJOR OVERHAULT ★★
Cloudii has received a major overhault. I has not only been revampt but also rewritten from scratch! Every single line of code!! This results in a more stable and awesome app. I've added a lot of features such as:
[+] setup multiple download folders
[+] setup multiple Instant Upload folders
[+] search for files
[+] move and copy files and folders to other locations
[+] export and import your accounts to a local file
[+] synchronize accounts instantly between devices using PUSH
[+] browser local filesystem as well
[+] more service
★★ SERVICES ★★
[+] Google Drive
★★ FEATURES ★★
[+] Multiple accounts for multiple services
[+] Keep your files automatically up-to-date with a powerful synchronization feature
[+] Backup and restore your accounts on all your devices with ease
[+] Administrate your online and local data
[+] One consitent UI for all services
[+] Dead simple account managment
[+] Instant Camera-Upload
The new Cloudii version is only available in english! Looking forward to get as many translations as possible in the near future.
Patrick Österlund for the Swedish translation
Salva Solé for the Spanish translation
Riccardo Delle Monache for the Italian
Hello World with AdDroid ad integrated.
AdDroid (previously called AdShare) is a service for Android developers to help each other promote their apps. There are live examples of ads in the AppToolkit apps available on the Android market, just search AdDroid.
Engine code is stored in google code, so you can check it out.
*1.22 Replaced comment system.
*1.21 Dashboard with average fps by model/animated/quantity of sprites/test type
*1.11 Solved some issues
*1.1 Added help and feedback
More from developer
In this application the client performs a POI local search. The result list will be showed and a detailed view of a POI item can be showed after selecting one POI.
Have fun with this demo application!
(only test data now)