*** DOES NOT WORK WITH Nexus 1 RUNNING GINGERBREAD DUE TO GPS ERROR: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=15500 ***
SolidSync Network/Bluetooth GPS turns your Android-powered mobile phone into a Bluetooth GPS receiver using the Android GPS and Bluetooth systems.
It creates a Bluetooth serial port and then sends GPS NMEA data to any compatible Bluetooth-enabled or network enabled device: this could be a laptop or desktop computer, or even another phone!
See http://solidsync.com/bluetoothgps for more details and to review the help guide.
Using SolidSync Network/Bluetooth GPS you can connect another Bluetooth-enabled or network-enabled device (for example, a desktop or notebook computer or even another cellular phone) to your Android device and use your Android device as a location data source.
- See the current location information in a simple display.
- Make GPS data available to any other device that can receive GPS data over a Bluetooth serial connection.
- Make the GPS data available to any other device that can receive GPS data over a TCP/IP network connection, and manage connected clients.
- Configurable update intervals.
- Run the service in the background
- Control which NMEA messages get transmitted.
- Replay trips saved with SolidSync Trip Tracker.
- Tested with applications including ESRI's ArcGIS, Wireless InSSIDer, Google Earth, and others.
# Minor bug fixes
# User interface upgrades to better support trip replay functionality
# Documentation upgrades