Have Jan read aloud texts from your e-book, navigation, translation and other apps in a Dutch male, high quality and natural-sounding voice powered by SVOX.
When combined with TTS-enabled apps, Jan can:
- give directions, allowing you to keep your eyes on the road while you're driving
- read a notification containing the caller / sender's name, and read the content of an incoming call / sms / mms / email
- read aloud your favorite e-books or pdf documents
- help you learn Dutch by reading aloud the correct pronunciation
and much more… the possibilities are limitless!
Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com for a list of compatible apps and voice demos.
NEW! Pronunciation correction feature: correct the default output according to your preferences!
== INSTRUCTIONS ==
1. Install and run the voice app once
2. Install free SVOX Classic Text-to-Speech Engine
3. Go to Android Settings -> Voice Input & Output -> Text-to-Speech settings.
Activate SvoxClassic at the bottom of the screen.
Select SvoxClassic as the Default Engine.
4. Run the voice app, click “Continue”, then follow the instructions.
5. Your SVOX Voice main screen will be now visible. Don’t forget to try the new pronunciations correction feature (‘pencil’ icon)!
6. Download other free / paid apps to combine our voice with. For example, you could try: Google Navigation (on Android 2.2 and later, only with Navigation < 5.9), Moon+ Reader PRO, Voice Actions Plus, TalkToMe Classic, Book Speech Audio Books, Transzilla, Good Morning, WakeVoice...
Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com/faq/ for a list of frequently asked questions.
And now … enjoy your new SVOX voice!
== PRONUNCIATION CORRECTION FEATURE - HOW TO ==
1. Run the voice app
2. Click on the ‘pencil’ icon. The pronunciation correction screen will now be shown.
3. Tap on the Android menu key and select ‘Help’
== NOTES ==
1. Google Navigation requires that the Text-to-Speech voice matches the phone language. You can change the phone language in Android Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Select language
Compatible with Google Navigation version < 5.9
2. On Android 2.1 and earlier, only some apps, like Google Translation, support changing voi
Some of our users offered to help us out with better translations. For those intereseted in helping, please translate the phrases located at http://wp.me/p19U61-21 - it would mean a LOT to us. We are waiting for you emails and will give credit to contributors!
Useful translated phrases for the following situations: travel & transportation (airport, airplane, bus stop, bus, train station, train, taxi stand, taxi), food and accommodation (hotel, hotel room, restaurant), emergency situations (police, officer, ambulance, hospital, doctor, pharmacy or drug store), spoken interaction (greetings, small talk) and basics, such as telling the time, week days, learning alphabet pronunciation and a great list of numbers.
The supported translatons are for spanish, portuguese, polish, german, french, italian, chinese, koreean and japanese. Further releases will add dictionaries for hindi, arabic, portuguese, russian and others. The possibility to switch the base language will also be available, so that foreign tourists traveling to major english-speaking cities, like London or New York, can have a valuable guide.
For chinese and japanese we currently have a limited number of categories (numbers, week days, telling time, greetings, small talk). Airport, train, bus, taxi, hotel, restaurant, police and hospital will be added in a future release.
Text to speech functionality is also provided either trough the phones TTS engine* or trough a cloud web service. A user can click on a phrase and hear a voice with native accent speak it. This makes it easier to talk to foreigners in order to obtain tourist info.
The translator comes with integrated high quality spanish translation, no Internet connection required. The translate system will have more tourist information in the next release, many new phrases will be added in addition to different countries and languages.
We provided a feedback form so you can tell us directly if you encounter a problem. We also appreciate any suggestions you might provide, like new categories, or corrections for phrases.
Next release will add support for arabic and korean, as you suggested in the feedback.
*** IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER ***
* There are phones that do not support text-to-speech. We are not to be held reliable in this situations.
* To check whether your phone has text-to-speech capabilities go to Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.On models with Android 1.6 go to Menu -> Settings -> Speech synthesis.
* Also you can reach text-to-speech settings by clicking the "TTS Settings" menu item of our application.
* If Pico TTS engine is not installed, please install it by clicking "Install voice data".
* We also recommend installing the eSpeak engine from Android market, as there are languages that need it (they are not supported by Pico TTS).
* Our application asks you to install them when they are needed (when you click on phrase) but we recommend having them installed from the beginning, especially if you don't have permanent access to the Internet.
* To select the default speech engine, speech rate, or to specify your default settings, go to Text-to-speech settings as described above.
And some translations:
- What time is it? - ¿Qué hora es? (spanish)
- Do you speak english? - ¿Hablas Inglés? (spanish) - Sprachen Sie Englisch? (german)
- I am a tourist - Yo soy un turista (spanish) - Je suis un touriste (french) - Ich bin ein Tourist (german) - Io sono un turista (italian)
- Where can I find a taxi? - ¿Dónde puedo cojer un taxi? (spanish) - Où est-ce que je peux trouver un taxi? (french)
- I would like to order dinner now - Vorrei ordinare la cena ora (italian) - Je voudrais commander le dîner maintenant (french)
관광객, 사전, 언어, 번역, 観光, 辞書, 言語, 翻訳, 旅游, 字典, 语言, 翻译, 旅遊, 字典, 語言, 翻譯, tourist, dictionary, language, translate
Thanks again for giving our app a try!
PS: try to long press on translations to share!
In full version you will find:
The 100 most useful words and phrases which TalkPhone will say for you if you don’t speak German or forget the appropriate word.
It’s easy! Phrases are divided into 5 categories: Social expressions/Saying hello & goodbye/Personal information/Numbers/Time expressions.
To use the app, choose a phrase in English, click and play the recording. The translation will appear on the screen of your mobile.
Try also TalkPhone German Travelling & TalkPhone German Shopping and communicate without any effort.
Using the multilingual speech translation engine developed by the National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT), the application works with proper nouns associated with Narita International Airport, the names of tourist spots, station names and the names of products, etc.
This is an ideal application that offers more convenience in traveling.
Using the following the language pairs the application provides translation.
Japanese to English, English to Japanese
Japanese to Mandarin, Mandarin to Japanese
Japanese to Korean, Korean to Japanese
Japanese to Indonesian, Indonesian to Japanese
Japanese to Thai, Thai to Japanese
Japanese to French, French to Japanese
Japanese to Spanish, Spanish to Japanese
The languages which support speech translations (speech input and speech output) are as follows,
- Speech translation
Hold the Android unit close to your ear and speak, much the same as talking on the telephone.
The Android will vibrate when it is close to your ear, speak when the vibration stops.
When you have finished speaking, take the Android away from your ear.
When you have removed the Android from your year, the output will be displayed in order from the top down.
Alternatively, press the microphone icon at the bottom of the screen and start speaking.
When you are finished speaking, press the OK button.
To key in text for translation, tap the pencil button on the left. The input screen will then appear. Select the keyboard for the language you want to use and input the text.
- Speech recognition output
This is what you have just said. The text can be edited by tapping the recognition results.
- Reverse translation output
If the text displayed here has the same meaning as what you have said, the translation is approximately correct.
- Translation output
This is the translation of what you have said. Holding your finger on the translation result will enable it to be copied.
To change languages, tap the language you want.
This will display the selected language screen.
To use this application, you must turn the Android vibration setting to ON.
To do this, go to Settings on your Android, then Sound. Make sure that Vibrate is checked.
In the event that the server is not available, the application or some of its functions will not be usable. Please bear this in mind.
Telecom charges associated with using this application are the responsibility of the user. Please be aware that global roaming charges can be very expensive.
Logs may be used for improving the translation technology.
+ Clear audio recordings by a native American girl!
+ Very easy to use!
+ App2SD supported (app can be moved to SD card)
+ No internet/roaming required! Works offline!
+ Organized in 3 categories
+ compressed audio files
Only simply speak can automatically translate other languages.
Talk Translator is a good travel helper.
Support more than 20 languages.
Listen to the translations (text to speech).
Speech engine simply setting.
Review talk history message and support text to speech.
Supported languages :
More from developer
IMPORTANT! Your device not speaking sometimes will happen on tablets and custom ROM builds for the different phones because Android cannot find the TTS data. If this happens you need to install the data manually. Here's the link for it.
Included in "Talkadroid Lite"
• Create your own custom ringtones and alarms
• Download and use 35+ Premium SVOX voices
• Mess with your friends!
• Email someone an audio letter
• Save and load your favorite phrases on the fly
• Includes a built-in soundboard for those with speaking difficulties to carry on quick conversations
• Everything you could ever want in a Text to Speech app, and then some!
Upgrade to the Full Version of Talkadroid and get even more features!
*** Go to Menu -> 'Get More Voices' to Preview the 35+ new voices available by SVOX!
NOTE: If you already purchased any SVOX voices in Talkadroid Lite or anywhere else, they will automatically show up in Talkadroid.
Keywords & Meta:
Text to Speech, Talkadroid, Talka Droid, Type to Speak, Type and Say, Custom Ringtones, Ringtone Maker, TTS, Soundboard, ACLS, Speech Difficulties, Type to Talk, talkdroid, text to speach, txt
- Upload Your own Sound Files
- Unlimited number of Customizable Sound boards
- Set Custom Sound Board Backgrounds
- Save Sounds as Ringtones
- Built-in Web Search for Audio Files
- Unlimited number of Customizable Soundboards & Buttons
- Image Buttons
- Voice Button Recording
- Text to Speech Buttons
- Set Custom Sound Board Backgrounds
- Save Sounds as Ringtones
- Built-in Web Search for Audio