** The voice search is activated by long holding the microphone button, and the mapping of microphone button is actually hard coded in JellyBean itself. This is currently tracked issue here: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=36026
The only work around is if you are root, and it is described here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=32999600&postcount=38 **
This is a similar application to Headset Blocker execpt it also works for ICS and JELLYBEAN
Have you find you phone playing music randomly, or hanging up during the middle of your call because it thinks your headphones is trying to control it?
This application is designed for Android 4.0-4.1 (ICS to JellyBean)that finally fixes this issue.
Once turned on, it blocks the signal from your headset. You will no longer be able to play/pause, skip songs using your headset control.
1) Press the big black button in the middle of the app
2) Watch the app do its magic as the droid puts on its wizard hat
Completely Free, No Ads, Proguard Obfuscated
Uses minimal CPU with Alarm Manager implementation
This application is useless on devices running below 4.0
If you have any other suggestions, questions or issues, feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to respond asap. Please don't use reviews for complaints as I will be unable to respond to your issue.
- Added Widget
- Changed Package Name
- Small Refactors
Headset Indicator makes status bar notification when a headset or headphones are connected.
If supported by device, notification shows if microphone is available.
This app is especially useful for some custom ROMs, devices doesn't have default notifier like some Xperia, Nexus devices.
Be sure to ENABLE notification, open app then click "Enable Notification"
You can personalize the following behavior for music, call and idle mode:
Idle mode (When between calls and playing music)
Launch Music player or Radio (Select a specific player, including radio, to launch and control or just keep the last one used)
Redial last number
This application has been designed for use with the standard Android music player, but also tested for Walkman Player and a variety of other music players. If your application doesn’t work as expected? Please try to activate/deactivate the headset control in the music player itself since this might be in conflict with this application.
The SmartKey application supports Android 4.0 and above and is designed for Sony Xperia™. It will also support other Android devices although its functionality can be limited.
This application is developed for wired headsets only.
Disclaimer: For coming Android releases there might be changes in how the headset control is handled. This may/may not interfere with this application. This application may be upgraded accordingly, provided it can be handled from the application and not the Android system only. Please enjoy your Sony headset with this headset control application, making living easier.
ATTENTION! Starting Android 5.x (Lollipop) applications can not answer incoming calls anymore (at least without rooting the device). For this reason Handsfree will not work on new devices or after upgrading the OS and I see no reason to further develop the app. Thanks everybody.
This app creates a menu in your notification area when you connect earphones or a Bluetooth headset to your device.
* Choose which apps to put on the menu and sort them as you like
* Turn on the screen when a headset is connected
* Auto-start an app when headset is connected
* Icon alignment (left, right, space evenly) in notification
* Can create a widget that is made visible when a headset is connected
* Icon pack support
* Bluetooth device blacklist
Materia design icon and misc graphics by Adam Lapinski (https://plus.google.com/+AdamLapinski_Yeti)
* RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Start when phone starts
* BLUETOOTH: Check Bluetooth state
* INTERNET: Used to report crash data to Crittercism (error reporting service)
* READ_LOGS: Allows collecting logcat data to be attached to crashes and handled exceptions.
* GET_TASKS: Allows augmenting crash reports with information on the activity running during a crash.
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows the app database to be saved to SD-card
* WAKE_LOCK: Nedded for turning on the screen on headset connection
* REORDER_TASKS: to bring other apps to foreground / auto-launch
No personal information is gathered by this app. Only crash reports are sent to me so I can fix bugs and improve the app.
1. Bluetooth Radar View
2. Firewall Alerts
3. Perform Bluetooth scan of your android device
4. Logs all Bluetooth events.
5. Password protect the firewall and it's sensitive data.
6. Option to make chosen remote devices as trusted.
Alerts you when:
1. Local apps try to perform bluetooth actions.
2. Remote bluetooth devices connects/pairs with your device.
3. App with bluetooth capabilities is installed/updated
To get started , install the app ,open it and then exit the app. Firewall will run in the background and guard your device.
Detailed Help included in App.
More Questions? mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When headphone is inserted, this widget can toggle your headset audio off, to have the sound come out of your built-in speaker or even connected bluetooth.
An indicator dot tells you if sound is going to come through the headphones when there's media sound playing.
Free with no ads
Branch of https://code.google.com/p/toggleheadset2/ for personal use, with bug fixes...
Removed call detection features and on-boot settings. Supports both headphones and headsets. Playing music to bluetooth when headphone/headset plugged in is now possible.
This app just tells Android to pretend as if the headphone is not plugged in even though it is.
Icon with Android asset studio + Tango icon theme + GIMP
If headphone/headset is plugged in with bluetooth A2DP attachment, the volume control might be either bluetooth media or the ordinary media audiostream. That's Android getting confused about where the music is actually being played, because this app pulls the rug from underneath it.
If you have a HTC device with a self-toggling headphone jack, the widget will be updating itself too much.
The way this app works results in conditional unpredictable behavior, particularly with phone calls. Hence, this app is alpha and will stay that way.
Should probably merge this into another app someday, but for now it's useful for various things...
HDMI not tested, don't have the equipment
* * *
A review indicates that this allows the use of the integrated speakers with 1seg (ワンセグ) on the KDDI HTC J One.
This is an open source project originally intended for use with the now legacy Android 1.6 (donut) release and 3.5mm headphone jack HTC multi adapters on the G1 due to android issue 2534. It was originally based on an abandoned project at code.google.com called toggleheadset.
Since initial release, lots of people have downloaded and used this application to fix hardware problems with their phones - specifically cases where the headphones connector detection doesn't work and your audio doesn't automatically switch to the correct output automatically. This has been a surprisingly common occurrence.
To install you need to place on your homescreen to use it by holding your finger down on the homescreen, selecting widgets and selecting togglheadset2. See http://code.google.com/p/toggleheadset2/wiki/InstallAndUse
Thanks to Adam King for changes to support 2.1+
* Triggers: App, Time, Day, Location, Hard/Soft State, Event, Shortcut, Widget, Timer, Plugins
* Actions: 200+ built-in, plugin support
* Tasks: loops, variables, conditions
* Scenes: design your own screen overlays
* App Creation: create your own standalone apps to share or sell! (Android 2.3+)
Starter Guides: http://tasker.dinglisch.net/guides.html
Queries, Problems: see Menu / Info / Support in-app
It's not possible to fix problems reported via Play Store Comments...
****** Actions By Category ******
[not all actions available on all devices]
* ALERT: Flash, Notify LED/Sound/Vibrate, Cancel Notification, Popup Timed/WithTaskIcons/Names, Torch, Vibrate, Vibrate Pattern
* APP: Calendar Insert, Go Home, Kill App, Load App, Open Map (/StreetView/Nav)
* AUDIO: Alarm/Call/DTMF/Media/Notif./Ringer/System Volume, Haptic Feedback Toggle, Mic Mute, Notification Pulse, Notification(<4.1)/Ringer Vibrate (<4.2 or root), Silent Mode, Speakerphone, Sound Effects toggle
* DIALOG: 28 System Settings dialogs
* DISPLAY: Auto-Brightness, Close System Dialogs, Keyguard, Keyguard Pattern, Display Brightness, Display Off Timeout, Display Rotation, Set Wallpaper, Stay On, Status Bar (expand/collapse)
* FILE: Browse Files, Directory Create/Delete/Move, File Copy/Delete/Move/Open, Write To File, Read Line, Read Paragraph, Zip/Unzip File
* INPUT: Button, Dpad (root only), Type (root only), Input Method Select, Soft Keyboard (show)
* MEDIA: Media Button Events (grab), Media Player Control, Music File/Dir, Play/Forward/Back/Stop, Photo/Series/TimeSeries, Record Audio, Record Audio Stop, Ringtone, Scan Card
* MISC: (Broadcast) Action Intent, Component Intent, Get Location, GPS Status (<2.3 or Cyanogen/submod), Run (ASE) Script, Say, Say To File, Shut Up, Search For, Set Clipboard, Reboot (root only), Set CPU (root only) Set Timezone
* NETWORK: Airplane Mode (<4.1 or root), Autosync, BT, BT ID, Compose Email, Browse URL, HTTP GET, HTTP POST, Mobile Data (on/off), Mobile Data 2G/3G (Cyanogen only), USB Tether, WiFi Toggle, Wifi Disconnect/Reassociate/Reconnect, Wifi Sleep, Wifi Tether, Wimax Toggle
* PHONE: Call, Call Log, Call Block/Divert/Revert, Compose MMS/SMS, Contacts, End Call, Radio, Send SMS, Send Data SMS, Silence Ringer, Take Call
* TASKER: Change Icon Set, If, End If, Goto Action, Perform Task, Profile Toggle, Query Action, Set Widget Icon, Set Widget Label, Stop, Wait, Wait Until
* VARIABLES: Set, Clear, Inc, Dec, Query, Randomize, Split, Join, List
* 3RD PARTY: Android Notifier, Astrid, BeyondPod, JuiceDefender Data/Toggle, Gentle Alarm, NewsRob, OfficeTalk, SleepBot, SMS Backup+, TeslaLED, WidgetLocker
****** States ******
Airplane Mode, BT Connected, Calendar Entry, Docked, Headset Plugged, Incoming Call, Keyboard Out, Light Level, Media Button, Missed Call, Mobile Network, Device Orientation, Power, Various Sensors, Signal Strength, Unread Text, Variable Value, Wifi Network, Wifi Near
****** Events ******
Alarm Clock/Done, Date Set, Time/Date Set, Timezone Set, Display: Off/On/Unlocked, File Closed/Deleted/Modified/Moved/Opened/Attributes Changed, Camera/Search Button Long-Press, Card Mounted/Removed/Unmounted, Gesture,Missed Call, Phone Changes, Received Text, SMS Send Success/Failure, Battery Changed/Full/Low/Overheating, Device Boot, Device Shutdown, Storage Low, Locale Changed, New/Removed/Updated Package, Wallpaper Changed, Button Gadget Clicked, New Window, Notification, Notification Clicked, Zoom Click, Variable Cleared/Set, K9 Email Received, Gentle Alarm, Kaloer Clock, OpenWatch, Reddit Notify, Screebl, Widget Locker
Android Permission Blocker is the cheapest, easiest way to take back control of all of those permissions apps require. Why does a flashlight app need access to your contacts? Why does a news app require permissions to read your SMS text messages? With Android Permission Blocker, you no longer need to worry about these questions. Instead, simply download the apps you want, and block the permissions you don't want the app to have. It's that simple. After a reboot, the app will no longer have access to those permissions.
How does Android Permission Blocker work, you ask? Simply stated, this app uses root permissions (which is why you need a rooted phone) to modify the android subsystem to no longer provide specific permissions to apps as requested by you. NOTE however that SOME APPS WILL CRASH if they do not have the permissions they need. This has nothing to do with how Android Permission Blocker blocks permissions, but rather how apps behave when a permission it requests is not granted. Since app developers expect that all permissions they request will be granted, they do not verify they got the permission before using it. Therefore, when you block a permission, some apps will crash when they attempt to access it. When that happens, you can either re-enable that specific permission, or, if you would prefer the app not have that permission at all, uninstall the app.
Note Android Permission Blocker currently only blocks permissions for "non-system" apps. Non-system apps are all the apps that you install, not the apps that come pre-installed on your phone in the "system" directory. Also note that the app can not yet prevent other apps from running at start-up. We are working on a solution to this and will release a new version once we have one.
Any questions - please send an e-mail!
This tool can scan for surrounding visible bluetooth devices. It shows the device type, supported services and the signal strength. It can also be used to locate a device based on the signal strength. Devices like Headsets are usually only visible during the pairing phase. Thus you might not be able to track your lost headset even if it is still connected.
*** PLEASE NOTE: Devices with Android below 4.3 can not be supported by the new features. You will receive the last working version before the changes. Any other device with Android 4.3 or higher will receive the new features like new UI and LE scanning. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused by the last updates. ***
- Support for Bluetooth LE scanning (including LE attributes and characterstics)
- Database support. All scanned devices are now stored in a database and can be reviewed. Stored data includes the time a device is first seen and when it was last seen.
- List currently paired devices
- Scan for visible devices
- Shows Device Name, BDADDR (like MAC), Class of Device, Vendor and Signal Strength
- Query SDP services from devices
- Query Bluetooth LE attributes and characteristics
- Pair / Unpair to devices
The Database can be exported to a csv file on the external storage. Filename is: btcrawler-.csv
The csv has the following order: Device Name, Device Address, Class of Device, Pairing Status, Last Signal Strength, First Time Seen, Last Time Seen, Vendor.
The Database can also be wiped. For both functions hit the menu button.
Over the time I will add more features as I find more ways to mangle the API a bit more.
(People call btCrawler often also: BluetoothScanner, Bluetooth Scanner, Bluetooth Sniffer, BluetoothSniffer, Bluetooth Wardriving, Bluetooth Diagnostic, Bluetooth Tool)
Act responsible like a hacker, not like a cracker or skiddie!
Graphics from http://www.clker.com/ Mainly from OCAL, thanks!
!!! Please read... YOU NEED AN EXTERNAL BLUETOOTH GPS HARDWARE DEVICE TO GET IT WORKS !!!
The app requires GGA, GSA, GSV and RMC (or ZDA+VTG) to works properly.
If you leave comments, whether works or not, you are welcome to state also which hardware devices combination you are using. This may help debugging and also serve as a reference for other users.
### I always receive questions about how to use this app to connect their Notebook or PC, Mac, or tethering another Android ...etc. I have to clarify that the purpose of this app is to connect the Android device with an external Bluetooth GPS device, in order to "replace" the android's internal GPS locations.
If you dont understand what the purpose of the app, please don't dl.
Please install at your own risk.
### Please understand that the app frontend is just a frontend, mainly for controlling and configuration purpose, and providing some handy info. so don't expect it has many functions, shows every details and in any desired format...etc.
**** Please first enable Allow Mock Locations in Setting ****
* can't guarantee all device+apps work, pls email me details :)
Now you can start/stop the service from other apps by sending the service or broadcast Intent :
Start - googoo.android.btgps.action.SERVICE_START
Stop - googoo.android.btgps.action.SERVICE_STOP
Toggle - googoo.android.btgps.action.SERIVCE_TOGGLE
* Note: You should first make sure you setup all the preferences and you can start the service correctly through the GUI frontend.
* try the workarounds (in preference) if failed to connect (eg, service discovery fail, connection refused)
Please report error or send me logcat if you got FC or any problems, with screen cap of any error messages, nmea log.
There are thousands combinations of [android version x mobile hardware x bluetooth gps hardware ]. Sorry that it is impossible to provide support on a particular hardware model. Even a GPS-A works with Mobile-A, but GPS-A may not work with Mobile-B, but Mobile-B works with GPS-B. However, after upgraded the android version, this combination does not work anymore, but the other combination works again. I always got such reports. I don't have any those hardwares, and even for some of them, I never heard before and cannot google any information about them. Hope you understand.
some android 4.2.x may have problem with the bluetooth stack.
Performance on all devices is not guaranteed.
The program uses your battery!
The program is distributed "as is", the developer responsible for the loss of data and device health does not carry.
Known bug: sometimes it is a full loss of sound in the system - requires an reboot device
Send reports and bugs to: email@example.com
* Automatically turn on Bluetooth when on a call.
* Automatically turn on Bluetooth when the phone is charging.
Keywords: bluetooth bt mobile data 2g 3g 4g lte cdma
This app is licensed under the MIT license.
Copyright (C) 2012 Futon Redemption
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of
this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in
the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to
use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies
of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do
so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE
Adjusts your phones volume when connected to Bluetooth and restores volume on disconnect.
This app is perfect for people that always adjusting the volume on their phone immediately after connecting to Bluetooth in the car. This app will do that for you automatically.
Also has an option to launch a Car Home when you connect to Bluetooth.
Donate version is available if you want to help support this project.
Constantly updating and improving the application. If you want a feature for the app, please go to the github and open an Issue for that feature or bug. No Adds in the app and will stay that way.
There are a lot of apps that do this exact same thing, but I wanted one Free and without any adds. I coded one for myself and here it is.
Use this with car stereos that do not support audio streaming.
Added a Widget for easy access.
This app is Open Source, code is Public Domain:
If app shows errors please comment on github page with detail on the issue. As well as any feature request.
Do you know a language other than English? Help me localize this app for other languages!
Is there a face missing that you absolutely need? Email me and ask for it!
Dev note: I'll fix bugs when I feel like it. Problem? If you want to get a hold of me via reddit, my username is rkcr.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are having an issue with the app, PLEASE EMAIL ME! It's difficult to diagnose issues if all you do is leave a comment.
Explanation of permissions:
Internet - Used for crash tracking only. (You can verify yourself; the app is open source: https://github.com/dlew/android-ragefaces)
Write external storage - Used to share files with other apps on the device.
This app is open source! Check it out here: https://github.com/dlew/android-gfycat/
It's integrated with a point system which estimates the chance of winning, giving you a way to determine (or randomly configure) the difficulty of your game!
All permissions are used for syncing updates of the scoring system for the app through the account system.
This app is open source - check it out! https://github.com/dlew/android-sotm
The app has no launcher; it just shows up in share menus when you try to share a link.
Attribution: Launcher "arrow" designed by Calvin Goodman (http://www.thenounproject.com/calpoog) from the Noun Project.
Instead of having to go through a few steps (e.g., through your People application, then pick the contact, then pick the address) it just launches a quick picker for a contact and forwards it to the Maps app quickly.
This app was written for Lindsay because she deserves it.