** The voice search is activated by long holding the microphone button, and the mapping of microphone button is actually hard coded in JellyBean itself. This is currently tracked issue here: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=36026
The only work around is if you are root, and it is described here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=32999600&postcount=38 **
This is a similar application to Headset Blocker execpt it also works for ICS and JELLYBEAN
Have you find you phone playing music randomly, or hanging up during the middle of your call because it thinks your headphones is trying to control it?
This application is designed for Android 4.0-4.1 (ICS to JellyBean)that finally fixes this issue.
Once turned on, it blocks the signal from your headset. You will no longer be able to play/pause, skip songs using your headset control.
1) Press the big black button in the middle of the app
2) Watch the app do its magic as the droid puts on its wizard hat
Completely Free, No Ads, Proguard Obfuscated
Uses minimal CPU with Alarm Manager implementation
This application is useless on devices running below 4.0
If you have any other suggestions, questions or issues, feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to respond asap. Please don't use reviews for complaints as I will be unable to respond to your issue.
- Added Widget
- Changed Package Name
- Small Refactors
NOTE: The HTC music app may not recognize the headset double click so you will need to use another music player, like Google Play Music, in addition to this app.
Please contact email@example.com with any problems or suggestions!
Headset Indicator makes status bar notification when a headset or headphones are connected.
If supported by device, notification shows if microphone is available.
This app is especially useful for some custom ROMs, devices doesn't have default notifier like some Xperia, Nexus devices.
Be sure to ENABLE notification, open app then click "Enable Notification"
★ Block Internet access on a per-app basis
★ Separate mobile data (GPRS/3G/4G) and WiFi access control
★ Restore the blocked networks by tapping the notification icon
★ No root required
It would be useful to add e-book reader apps to the blocked apps list so "Net blocker" can
help to disable the Internet connection when you are reading. It helps to reduce waste on your data plan usage
and save the battery life.
To block networks for specified apps
1. Open "Net blocker"
2. Tap app that you would like to block it from accessing the Internet access
3. Check the network types that you'd like to block
4. "Net blocker" app will automatically disable the Internet connection when the blocked app is running in the foreground
5. A new notification icon will tell you which networks are blocked
6. Tap the notification icon to restore the Internet connection, tap again to disable the Internet
"Net blocker" only blocks the networks when the blocked app runs in the foreground.
It won't prevent blocked apps from accessing the Internet when the app runs in the background.
For Android 4 or greater users, you can restrict background network accessing by going to
Launcher > Settings > Data usage > tap app that you'd like to block > check "Restrict background data" option.
We have been selected as a Google I/O 2011 Developer Sandbox partner, for its innovative design and advanced technology.
This app creates a menu in your notification area when you connect earphones or a Bluetooth headset to your device.
* Choose which apps to put on the menu and sort them as you like
* Turn on the screen when a headset is connected
* Auto-start an app when headset is connected
* Icon alignment (left, right, space evenly) in notification
* Can create a widget that is made visible when a headset is connected
* Icon pack support
* Bluetooth device blacklist
This app is a WORK IN PROGRESS. It WILL have bugs. I WILL fix them. I also have a "regular" job so please have patience.
* RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Start when phone starts
* BLUETOOTH: Check Bluetooth state
* INTERNET: Used to report crash data to Crittercism (error reporting service)
* READ_LOGS: Allows collecting logcat data to be attached to crashes and handled exceptions.
* GET_TASKS: Allows augmenting crash reports with information on the activity running during a crash.
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows the app database to be saved to SD-card
* WAKE_LOCK: Nedded for turning on the screen on headset connection
* REORDER_TASKS: to bring other apps to foreground / auto-launch
No personal information is gathered by this app. Only crash reports are sent to me so I can fix bugs and improve the app.
It doesn't work with:
- LG Optimus One P500.
- Samsung Galaxy S
- Samsung Galaxy Mini
You can personalize the following behavior for music, call and idle mode:
Idle mode (When between calls and playing music)
Launch Music player or Radio (Select a specific player, including radio, to launch and control or just keep the last one used)
Redial last number
This application has been designed for use with the standard Android music player, but also tested for Walkman Player and a variety of other music players. If your application doesn’t work as expected? Please try to activate/deactivate the headset control in the music player itself since this might be in conflict with this application.
The SmartKey application supports Android 4.0 and above and is designed for Sony Xperia™. It will also support other Android devices although its functionality can be limited.
This application is developed for wired headsets only.
Disclaimer: For coming Android releases there might be changes in how the headset control is handled. This may/may not interfere with this application. This application may be upgraded accordingly, provided it can be handled from the application and not the Android system only. Please enjoy your Sony headset with this headset control application, making living easier.
If your device is running Android 4.1 "Jelly Bean" or higher, you don't need this app anymore! You can just press and hold on notifications and your device will tell you who is generating them.
Currently detected frameworks include:
- Moolah Media
THIS APP DOES NOT *BLOCK* THESE ADS. It only tells you which applications are causing them. You must uninstall the applications this app identifies to stop the ads.
THERE IS NO OFFICIAL PAID OR "PRO" VERSION OF THIS APP. If you find an app with a similar name, description, and screenshots, odds are strong they have simply taken the source code and republished it as their own without any significant changes.
If you experience crashes, using Android's "Report" feature is likely to get it fixed. Leaving comments without any useful information is not :)
This app is open source - see the development page for full source code.
If you are looking for the app that uses AirPush or other push notifications, you can easily find the app and uninstall.
Besides push notifications, using this app is a great way to see what advertising agencies apps use, and what tools they have integrated.
Does the normal scan not detect the spam ads? Enable the notification monitor and you can easily see which program puts a notification in your notification area.
Another cool feature that we added is the live scanner. This scanner scans newly installed and updated apps for selected addon categories and displays a notification if they are found. This feature is reserved for users that have donated.
If you are getting shortcut spam on your homescreen, we've added a new icon ad monitor that should detect that too.
**To support us you can now easily donate through inapp billing.**
** Beta testers: If you want to beta test new functionality join our Google+ beta test group: http://goo.gl/P1TkpR and follow the instructions to receive beta updates through Google Play. **
The current list of addons we detect: (note: addon definitions are updated from the server, so there may be more than on this list. Check the help function to see all the addons we can detect)
AirPush, Airpush Hidden (Suspected), Appenda, Beluga Boost, Custom PushAds (Appbucks), Custom PushAds (Bobgame), Custom PushAds (Feelingtouch), Custom PushAds (Letang), Custom PushAds (Nulldroid), LeadBolt, Moolah Media, Senddroid, TapIt
AdFonic, Adinch, AdKnowledge, Adlantis, AdMaker, Admarvel, AdMob, Admoda, AdSense, Aduru, AdWhirl, AirAd, Amobee, Appbrain, Burstly, BuzzCity, Cauly, Chartboost, Daum, Domob, Everbadge, GreyStripe, Huntmads, InMobi, Inneractive, JumpTap, Komli, Madhouse, Madvertise, MDotM, Medialets, Mediba, Millenial, MobClix, MobFox, MOcean, MoPub, Nexage, OneRiot, Papaya Offers, Pontiflex, Quattro, RevMob, Sellaring, Smaato, StartApp, Tapjoy, Vdopia, VSERV, Youmi, Zest
Apsalar, Claritics, Flurry, Google Analytics, InApp, Localytics, Medialets, MixPanel
aChartEngine, ACRA, ActiveAndroid, AndEngine, Android NDK, Angle, Basic4Android, BugSense, Corona, Crittercism, Dropbox, Facebook, FMOD, Fortumo, Getjar, Immersion Motiv, jMonkeyEngine, libgdx, Marmalade, MonoDroid, NullWire, OpenStreetMap, PayPal, PhoneGap, PowerVR Shell, RoboGuice, RobotMedia Android Billing, Ruboto, Titanium, Twitter4j, Unity3d, Urban Airship, Xtify, Zong
Beintoo, HeyZap, OpenFeint, Papaya Social, ScoreLoop, ScoreNinja, Skiller, Swarm
Airpush Icon, LeadBolt Icon, SendDroid Icon, StartApp Icon
Amazon Licensing, Google Licensing Service, SlideMe SlideLock
*** Known issues ***
Samsung Galaxy 3 keeps talking to me when on my home screens saying folder is open or similar.
This seems to be an ICS/Samsung bug. It happens for some people and also with other apps that use the accessibility service such as Tasker, Light Flow and others.
Try to fix it:
Samsung S3: - Go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Talkback "ON" - Select "Settings" from the bottom of the page - Uncheck all Talkback options - Switch Talkback "Off" again - Go back to Settings -> Application manager -> All - Disable Google TTS (text to speech) - Disable Samsung TTS (text to speech)
More issue details here: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=23105
We can't guarantee that our results are 100% correct. Sometimes addons, like pushnotifications, are integrated in larger sdk's, and the developer doesn't need to use them, although we detect them. We strive to be conservative about marking apps as suspected, but errors can occur.
Popup blockers can help you keep popups you find annoying or dangerous from invading your computer system. However, they also block popups that you may want or need to use. Because of this, it is necessary to know how to disable popup blockers. There are dozens of popular popup blockers in use by the online population, but most popup blockers are built into the browser you're using. These browser settings are all a bit different from one another, so find the browser you're looking for and keep reading.
This Block all Popups Tips guide you how to Block all Popups, tips Block all Popups, and more!. You can learn how at here.
This application creates small notification icon next to the system clock.
It's allow you to run the popup manager from any application to easily Jump between apps and kill apps.
Stop popup manager bug (crash)
Add application shortcut bug
Resolution optimized for all android devices
* Dialog style improved
* title position fixed
* Shortcut butoon fixed
* Layout structure fixed
* New useful module - Applications Shortcuts
* Open applications bug fixed (somtimes crashed)
* Forward task kill improved
* Horizontal layout fixed
Spam Blocker prevents you from unwanted calls and sms from any sender. Turn the features on and enjoy your privacy. And all this for FREE. That too with NO ADS. If you have any suggestion to filter call/sms, please feel free to contact developer. This app may be conflicted with Go SMS and other apps monitoring incoming sms.
* AUTO DETECTS SPAM SMS SENDER BASED ON IT'S NUMBER AND SMS CONTENT
* Blacklist sms sender by writing the number or choosing one of the previous sender from inbox.
* Blacklist caller by writing the number or choosing one of the previous callers from call log.
* Whitelist sms sender. Use this option when you need to receive sms from a sender with a non-numeric number such as "LM-044024" and delete all other spam senders. Also, you can use this option when you want to receive sms from all your contacts plus some other few known numbers.
* Ignore sms/call from blacklisted numbers, keep a separate log of it.
* Ignore all calls/sms from those not it contact list.
* Detect and delete spam automatically based on sender and content.
* Notification in status bar about new spams. Can be disabled from app settings.
* Option to move blocked sms to inbox, reply to it and call back it's sender.
* Option to call back ignored call or reply to it by sms.
* Simple User Interface and easy to use
UPDATE VERSION 2.0
* Resolved problem in selecting numbers to blacklist, whitelist and clearing
* Introduced help section, for any guidance required to use the app
* Introduced filtering of incoming calls/messages on the basis of starting of number, ending of number, a number containing specific digits, even regexes.
* For auto-detection of spams, introduced filtering based on ip-address
* Auto reply ignored call with predefined SMS
* New and improved UI
UPDATE VERSION 2.1
* Major bug fix in spam sms detection
UPDATE VERSION 2.2 and 2.3
* UI Bug Fixes
UPDATE VERSION 2.4
* Custom Blacklist Keywords and Regex for detecting Sms as Spam
UPDATE VERSION 2.4.1
* Major Bug Fixes
UPDATE VERSION 2.4.2
* Bug Fix in notification on multiple spams
UPDATE VERSION 2.4.3
* Help section elaborated
UPDATE VERSION 2.4.4
* Bug fix on notification when Blacklisting a new word
* Minor Tweaks in User Interface when choosing number for blacklisting/whitelisting.
* Other Minor bug fixes in working of the app.
UPDATE VERSION 2.5.0
* Scan Inbox(already received messages) for spam messages and delete them.
* Help section updated accordingly.
* Share and recommend app with your friends.
UPDATE VERSION 2.5.1
* Improved user experience while Scan Inbox feature
* Bug fix of bug found in last few updates which occurs when spam call was received
UPDATE VERSION 2.5.2
* Bug Fixed while blacklisting caller from caller list
UPDATE VERSION 2.5.3
* App preferred install location changed to SD card
Explanations for all permissions:
DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS : to disconnect the call
READ YOUR TEXT MESSAGES (SMS OR MMS), EDIT YOUR TEXT MESSAGES (SMS OR MMS): to read inbox numbers, restore messages
RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES (SMS): to get notified on incoming message
READ/MODIFY YOUR CONTACTS: to read contacts to see message or call is from them or not.
READ PHONE STATUS AND IDENTITY: to get notified for calls
REAR/ WRITE CALL LOG: to read call log if they are to blacklisted
Disclaimer: Developer is in no way responsible for any unwanted important deleted sms/ ignored call in any way.
Your feedback is highly appreciated and for any desired improvements or feedback feel free to mail the developer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please report a bug (if found) to developer and if no response or update comes in 3-4 working days feel free to rate as you wish. But please wait for the developers response in the first sight.
It is common for advertising networks to collect information on how you use your device. Your information is then used for targeted marketing campaigns.
Some common and aggressive methods include:
• Pushing ads to your Android notification bar
• Creating unauthorized shortcuts on your home screen
• Modifying the default browser, homepage and bookmarks settings
• Subscribing you to emails and text messages when an ad is clicked
• Making phone calls and downloading malicious files when an ad is clicked
TrustGo Ad Detector safeguards you from malicious advertising and has the ability to detect ads from over 100 mobile advertising networks around the globe.
TrustGo Ad Detector is part of the TrustGo Antivirus & Security family.
To download the free, full version of TrustGo Antivirus & Security, go to http://tr.im/428tv
TrustGo Antivirus & Security provides the best all-around protection for your phone from malware, spyware and trojans. Remotely locate your phone, lock your phone, set off an alarm or simply wipe your personal information if your phone is missing or stolen.
Learn more at http://www.trustgo.com.
Got questions? Drop us an email to email@example.com.
Connect with us to find the latest updates:
*NEW: Improved support for when Hangouts is set as your SMS app (it does not work with regular Hangouts messages)
SMS Popup provides a convenient popup dialog when a message is received that allows you to quickly read and reply to messages. It also provides in-depth customization of message notifications including contact specific sound, vibrate and LED settings.
NOTE: SMS Popup does mark message as "read" - if the notification tray icon does not disappear, make sure you disable the system messaging app notifications and use SMS Popup's notifications instead. Please see FAQ for more information.
Full feature list:
-convenient popup window on incoming message
-quickly reply, delete or close the message
-built-in "quick reply" for even faster messaging directly from popup window
-have your messages read to you using text-to-speech
-reply to messages using the system voice recognition
-customize notifications including sound, vibrate pattern, LED color (if available) and notification icon
-also customize notifications for individual contacts
-setup notification reminders (repeating notifications if you miss the first one)
-optional privacy mode to hide sender name and message contents
- I free up memory (RAM) and boost your phone’s speed by letting you kill redundant background tasks
FREE UP STORAGE
- I clear out your storage by enabling you to delete junk files such as cache files and downloaded APK files
SMART APP MANAGER
- I make it easy to batch uninstall unused and unwanted apps
CONTROL YOUR PRIVACY
- I let you find and uninstall malicious apps that have unnecessary permissions (Call, SMS, Location, Camera, and Contacts)
- I’ll help you dispose of old, irrelevant sent and received phone call records cluttering up your phone
TIDY YOUR SMS
- I make it easy to get rid of long inconvenient lists of sent and received SMS records (This feature is not available to devices with Android KitKat and above, due to system restrictions.)
- Call me to quickly boost your phone's performance from the home screen with simple widgets
- Schedule automatic maintenance checks so I’ll always keep your device running fast
- Customize my looks with your favorite theme
This app is FREE so give it a try! Please don't forget to leave us a rating.
** If you recently took an update from Samsung and it broke access to switching between LTE and 3G, it's Samsung fault, as they permanently blocked developers from accessing it. Please don't give me 1-2 stars for something I can't fix, but others still find useful**
--- What do this app do? ---
► Toggle between 3G and 4G with a few clicks for nearly any device regardless of manufacturer.
► View all statistics your carrier uses to determine signal quality and 3G to 4G hand offs for CDMA, LTE and HSPA/HSPA+ in real time.
► Easy to read 3G and 4G statistics in percentages based on the max/min values instead of just decibels.
► Quick access to info you can reference when you need to complain to your carrier about poor reception in your area.
► Find dead spots around your home/office that affect phone calls, but not data (or data, but not phone calls).
► Reception quality can be misleading with bars only. See all the data Android and your carrier hides from you to determine signal quality and how it varies.
► Access to low level information about your previous and current wifi connections, including the current signal in decibels.
Annoyed at the lack of network signal information for your Android phone your carrier hides from you?
Can't switch between 3G and LTE easily with your phone?
Wish you could know more about the statistics your carrier uses to determine many bars your phone has and the tower it connects to?
Want to see what your 3g and 4g signals are at the same time and also switch between them easily?
Try out this free app and see all that information you've been missing when you could only look at number of bars and one signal under status settings. Also includes hidden configuration settings (cell radio configuration, wifi config, battery info) normally invisible to users.
Compare your signal quality based on percentages instead of just decibels. Now, you can instantly see how great each signal reading is for your device based on a scale of 0% (worst) to 100% (best). Percentages are configured to give the best reading for your carrier by default.
Use the info contained in this app to monitor your current signal and find dead spots around your home and office. Also useful for complaining to tier 2 tech support with your carrier when your signal sucks. Be informed and use what they know to your advantage!
**If you want this app in another language, please contact me either on the forums or with the listed email here to help. Translating can be done by anyone via https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/advanced-signal-info **
More information about the app can be found here until it's integrated into the app itself:
App works best for phones with either a CMDA or LTE data connection, but I offer as much GSM info as I can provide. If it does not work with your device, please contact me at my email and I can work with you to find out the issue.
Note: not all information may be available depending on the OEM/OS. Info not displayed will show as "N/A".
If the advanced area button causes the app to crash, it's your device and not me, sorry (not much I can do other than remove the button for your device only). It's an activity added to the pure Android OS and can be restricted by manufacturers (such certain Samsung ones).
== PERMISSIONS ==
↑ because the app won't show anything useful without those ↑
↑ for the tiny banner ad I have ↑
↑ Used only as a fallback for devices that can't access additional settings.
I don't collect or store any personal information.
Source Code: https://github.com/yareally/SignalInfo
Do you know a language other than English? Help me localize this app for other languages!
Is there a face missing that you absolutely need? Email me and ask for it!
Dev note: I'll fix bugs when I feel like it. Problem? If you want to get a hold of me via reddit, my username is rkcr.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are having an issue with the app, PLEASE EMAIL ME! It's difficult to diagnose issues if all you do is leave a comment.
Explanation of permissions:
Internet - Used for crash tracking only. (You can verify yourself; the app is open source: https://github.com/dlew/android-ragefaces)
Write external storage - Used to share files with other apps on the device.
This app is open source! Check it out here: https://github.com/dlew/android-gfycat/
It's integrated with a point system which estimates the chance of winning, giving you a way to determine (or randomly configure) the difficulty of your game!
All permissions are used for syncing updates of the scoring system for the app through the account system.
This app is open source - check it out! https://github.com/dlew/android-sotm
The app has no launcher; it just shows up in share menus when you try to share a link.
Attribution: Launcher "arrow" designed by Calvin Goodman (http://www.thenounproject.com/calpoog) from the Noun Project.
Instead of having to go through a few steps (e.g., through your People application, then pick the contact, then pick the address) it just launches a quick picker for a contact and forwards it to the Maps app quickly.
This app was written for Lindsay because she deserves it.