** The voice search is activated by long holding the microphone button, and the mapping of microphone button is actually hard coded in JellyBean itself. This is currently tracked issue here: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=36026
The only work around is if you are root, and it is described here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=32999600&postcount=38 **
This is a similar application to Headset Blocker execpt it also works for ICS and JELLYBEAN
Have you find you phone playing music randomly, or hanging up during the middle of your call because it thinks your headphones is trying to control it?
This application is designed for Android 4.0-4.1 (ICS to JellyBean)that finally fixes this issue.
Once turned on, it blocks the signal from your headset. You will no longer be able to play/pause, skip songs using your headset control.
1) Press the big black button in the middle of the app
2) Watch the app do its magic as the droid puts on its wizard hat
Completely Free, No Ads, Proguard Obfuscated
Uses minimal CPU with Alarm Manager implementation
This application is useless on devices running below 4.0
If you have any other suggestions, questions or issues, feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to respond asap. Please don't use reviews for complaints as I will be unable to respond to your issue.
- Added Widget
- Changed Package Name
- Small Refactors
Headset Indicator makes status bar notification when a headset or headphones are connected.
If supported by device, notification shows if microphone is available.
This app is especially useful for some custom ROMs, devices doesn't have default notifier like some Xperia, Nexus devices.
Be sure to ENABLE notification, open app then click "Enable Notification"
warning: if media button is disabled you will not be able to accept calls with your headset remote control.
Compared with the same type of apps, there are no difficult settings or complicated operations in "call block". We offer you a dynamic designed main interface, so you can get to know your blocking mode instead of getting into the settings.
We offer four block modes, the dynamic interface will change automatically, so you can know the current mode easily (block modes available: Block all, Block blacklists only,Accept whitelists only, Accept contacts only)
This app also provides answering modes. There are four modes: Power off, Busy, No service, The number is not in service. (Only featured in Simplified Chinese version)
There is a general switch that you can change blocking mode to non-blocking mode immediately without getting into the settings.
* All calls from the blocking number list will be blocked. You can check details in call block record.
* All SMS from the blocking number list will be blocked. You can check details in SMS block record.
* Add numbers into black and white lists here. You can choose to block both or either of calls and SMS from Blacklist. The calls and SMS from numbers in Whitelist are defaulted unblocked, but you can modify as you want. The block rules can be modified in block mode.
* One column is call block record where the information of blocked calls will be displayed here, you can delete the records. The other column is SMS block record where the information of blocked SMS will be displayed here, you can delete the records.
* The Simplified Chinese version has one more feature which allows the user to select answering modes. There are four modes:Power off,Busy,No service,The number is not in service.
* When block occurs,an icon will notify you on the taskbar. Touch to check block information.
Your suggestions and requests would be highly appreciated, please make comments on market review or send email to us.
NO SUPPORT for wired headsets just solve problem on bluetooth headset
This Voice Command app is for Android 4.1 and 4.2 and others that have problems to use Google Search (Google Now) with their Handsfree - BlueTooth Headset.
Sometimes you have a bug with the voice command tool from android. It only starts a grey screen and nothing happens. This is an test application for avoiding this bug.
If its not working please email us the android version - headset - and smartphone.
It's the alpha version so no design - no description - or something else.
Thanks for helping.
Constantly updating and improving the application. If you want a feature for the app, please go to the github and open an Issue for that feature or bug. No Adds in the app and will stay that way.
There are a lot of apps that do this exact same thing, but I wanted one Free and without any adds. I coded one for myself and here it is.
Use this with car stereos that do not support audio streaming.
Added a Widget for easy access.
This app is Open Source, code is Public Domain:
If app shows errors please comment on github page with detail on the issue. As well as any feature request.
* Triggers: App, Time, Day, Location, Hard/Soft State, Event, Shortcut, Widget, Timer, Plugins
* Actions: 200+ built-in, plugin support
* Tasks: loops, variables, conditions
* Scenes: design your own screen overlays
* App Creation: create your own standalone apps to share or sell! (Android 2.3+)
Starter Guides: http://tasker.dinglisch.net/guides.html
Queries, Problems: see Menu / Info / Support in-app
It's not possible to fix problems reported via Play Store Comments...
****** Actions By Category ******
[not all actions available on all devices]
* ALERT: Flash, Notify LED/Sound/Vibrate, Cancel Notification, Popup Timed/WithTaskIcons/Names, Torch, Vibrate, Vibrate Pattern
* APP: Calendar Insert, Go Home, Kill App, Load App, Open Map (/StreetView/Nav)
* AUDIO: Alarm/Call/DTMF/Media/Notif./Ringer/System Volume, Haptic Feedback Toggle, Mic Mute, Notification Pulse, Notification(<4.1)/Ringer Vibrate (<4.2 or root), Silent Mode, Speakerphone, Sound Effects toggle
* DIALOG: 28 System Settings dialogs
* DISPLAY: Auto-Brightness, Close System Dialogs, Keyguard, Keyguard Pattern, Display Brightness, Display Off Timeout, Display Rotation, Set Wallpaper, Stay On, Status Bar (expand/collapse)
* FILE: Browse Files, Directory Create/Delete/Move, File Copy/Delete/Move/Open, Write To File, Read Line, Read Paragraph, Zip/Unzip File
* INPUT: Button, Dpad (root only), Type (root only), Input Method Select, Soft Keyboard (show)
* MEDIA: Media Button Events (grab), Media Player Control, Music File/Dir, Play/Forward/Back/Stop, Photo/Series/TimeSeries, Record Audio, Record Audio Stop, Ringtone, Scan Card
* MISC: (Broadcast) Action Intent, Component Intent, Get Location, GPS Status (<2.3 or Cyanogen/submod), Run (ASE) Script, Say, Say To File, Shut Up, Search For, Set Clipboard, Reboot (root only), Set CPU (root only) Set Timezone
* NETWORK: Airplane Mode (<4.1 or root), Autosync, BT, BT ID, Compose Email, Browse URL, HTTP GET, HTTP POST, Mobile Data (on/off), Mobile Data 2G/3G (Cyanogen only), USB Tether, WiFi Toggle, Wifi Disconnect/Reassociate/Reconnect, Wifi Sleep, Wifi Tether, Wimax Toggle
* PHONE: Call, Call Log, Call Block/Divert/Revert, Compose MMS/SMS, Contacts, End Call, Radio, Send SMS, Send Data SMS, Silence Ringer, Take Call
* TASKER: Change Icon Set, If, End If, Goto Action, Perform Task, Profile Toggle, Query Action, Set Widget Icon, Set Widget Label, Stop, Wait, Wait Until
* VARIABLES: Set, Clear, Inc, Dec, Query, Randomize, Split, Join, List
* 3RD PARTY: Android Notifier, Astrid, BeyondPod, JuiceDefender Data/Toggle, Gentle Alarm, NewsRob, OfficeTalk, SleepBot, SMS Backup+, TeslaLED, WidgetLocker
****** States ******
Airplane Mode, BT Connected, Calendar Entry, Docked, Headset Plugged, Incoming Call, Keyboard Out, Light Level, Media Button, Missed Call, Mobile Network, Device Orientation, Power, Various Sensors, Signal Strength, Unread Text, Variable Value, Wifi Network, Wifi Near
****** Events ******
Alarm Clock/Done, Date Set, Time/Date Set, Timezone Set, Display: Off/On/Unlocked, File Closed/Deleted/Modified/Moved/Opened/Attributes Changed, Camera/Search Button Long-Press, Card Mounted/Removed/Unmounted, Gesture,Missed Call, Phone Changes, Received Text, SMS Send Success/Failure, Battery Changed/Full/Low/Overheating, Device Boot, Device Shutdown, Storage Low, Locale Changed, New/Removed/Updated Package, Wallpaper Changed, Button Gadget Clicked, New Window, Notification, Notification Clicked, Zoom Click, Variable Cleared/Set, K9 Email Received, Gentle Alarm, Kaloer Clock, OpenWatch, Reddit Notify, Screebl, Widget Locker
Charts show the changes of strength level and speed of mobile connection. Log and Statistics display the data about cells which were used by a mobile device. After importing of CLF file containing cell locations data can be displayed.
If you are using dual SIM device the app will work only with the SIM inserted in the first slot.
The application doesn't show neighboring cells data on Samsung devices due to firmware limitations.
There is an issue with the Samsung Galaxy S2 that prevents Mobile Signal Widget PRO from working correctly. There is nothing I can do to fix this.
"Freezing": This was a feature I added to detect when the widget update service had been killed, it is not a bug in the widget. If my widget detects that it has "freezed", check that you are not running any task killing applications.
PRO version features:
5 appearance options, including transparent background.
Tap to configure - Change widget appearance without re-adding.
V1.2 - Fixed operator and signal strength not returning.
New 2x1 widget featuring separate bars for signal and Wi-Fi strength.
More options, more widget sizes and skins!
Android Permission Blocker is the cheapest, easiest way to take back control of all of those permissions apps require. Why does a flashlight app need access to your contacts? Why does a news app require permissions to read your SMS text messages? With Android Permission Blocker, you no longer need to worry about these questions. Instead, simply download the apps you want, and block the permissions you don't want the app to have. It's that simple. After a reboot, the app will no longer have access to those permissions.
How does Android Permission Blocker work, you ask? Simply stated, this app uses root permissions (which is why you need a rooted phone) to modify the android subsystem to no longer provide specific permissions to apps as requested by you. NOTE however that SOME APPS WILL CRASH if they do not have the permissions they need. This has nothing to do with how Android Permission Blocker blocks permissions, but rather how apps behave when a permission it requests is not granted. Since app developers expect that all permissions they request will be granted, they do not verify they got the permission before using it. Therefore, when you block a permission, some apps will crash when they attempt to access it. When that happens, you can either re-enable that specific permission, or, if you would prefer the app not have that permission at all, uninstall the app.
Note Android Permission Blocker currently only blocks permissions for "non-system" apps. Non-system apps are all the apps that you install, not the apps that come pre-installed on your phone in the "system" directory. Also note that the app can not yet prevent other apps from running at start-up. We are working on a solution to this and will release a new version once we have one.
Any questions - please send an e-mail!
If your device is running Android 4.1 "Jelly Bean" or higher, you don't need this app anymore! You can just press and hold on notifications and your device will tell you who is generating them.
Currently detected frameworks include:
- Moolah Media
THIS APP DOES NOT *BLOCK* THESE ADS. It only tells you which applications are causing them. You must uninstall the applications this app identifies to stop the ads.
THERE IS NO OFFICIAL PAID OR "PRO" VERSION OF THIS APP. If you find an app with a similar name, description, and screenshots, odds are strong they have simply taken the source code and republished it as their own without any significant changes.
If you experience crashes, using Android's "Report" feature is likely to get it fixed. Leaving comments without any useful information is not :)
This app is open source - see the development page for full source code.
BETA FORUM > Malwarebytes Anti Malware Mobile
to download the latest beta version, giving feedback and suggestions, please visit the beta forum: https://plus.google.com/communities/102401317912771252555
SUPPORT FORUM > Malwarebytes Anti Malware Mobile
•For question, feedback and suggestions, please visit the support forum: http://www.malwarebytes.org/contact_consumer
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile
• Detects and eliminates malware, including spyware and Trojans
• Scans your apps for malicious code or Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs)
• Alerts you if a link to a malicious website is detected in an incoming text message (SMS).
• Stops unauthorized access to your personal data
• Scans your Android device for security vulnerabilities
• Identifies applications that are tracking your location
Take your anti-malware protection to go
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile guards your identity and personal data on-the-go. So you and your Android smartphone or tablet are safe from malware and unauthorized surveillance. Wherever you are. Whenever you go.
Make your smartphone smarter
Is that app or downloaded photo safe? With Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile, you never have to worry again. Powerful anti-malware and anti-spyware technology protects your Android device. Detecting Trojans, spyware, and other Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) before they can steal your identity, eavesdrop, or degrade your mobile experience.
Choose what you keep private
Cybercriminals, and even legitimate companies, can collect private information from your Android device. Where you go. Who your contacts are. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile identifies what your applications are doing, and which private information is being accessed. So you can control who knows, and what they know.
Close the security holes
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile automatically recognizes security vulnerabilities in your Android device’s settings. Then it makes recommendations on how to close those holes.
Make your smartphone lighter
Mobile security software is typically bloated with location features (Remote Lock, Locate on a Map, etc.). These features can already be found in your Android Device Manager—why duplicate them? Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile preserves your device’s performance by adding only the necessary security features. And you can update its database over a WiFi network to reduce your data usage.
• Scans applications and files for malware and spyware
• Scans automatically when files or apps are accessed (real-time) or only when activated manually (on-demand)
• Scans native memory and SD card
• Schedules automatic scans
• Detects Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs)
• Updates the protection database automatically
• Updates over a WiFi network if preferable
• Identifies every application’s access privileges in detail
• Breaks down access privileges by category: Contacts, Identity Information, Simple Message Service (SMS), and Security Settings
• Identifies security vulnerabilities on your device, suggests remediation
• Links seamlessly to Android Device Manager’s device location features so the device can be located, locked, or reset if it is lost or stolen
• Identifies which applications are currently running
• Identifies installed applications
• Enables custom whitelisting of approved apps
Malwarebytes on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Malwarebytes
Updated on Aug 25, 2014
Content rating: Everyone
This is an open source project originally intended for use with the now legacy Android 1.6 (donut) release and 3.5mm headphone jack HTC multi adapters on the G1 due to android issue 2534. It was originally based on an abandoned project at code.google.com called toggleheadset.
Since initial release, lots of people have downloaded and used this application to fix hardware problems with their phones - specifically cases where the headphones connector detection doesn't work and your audio doesn't automatically switch to the correct output automatically. This has been a surprisingly common occurrence.
To install you need to place on your homescreen to use it by holding your finger down on the homescreen, selecting widgets and selecting togglheadset2. See http://code.google.com/p/toggleheadset2/wiki/InstallAndUse
Thanks to Adam King for changes to support 2.1+
Addons Detector detects addons used by your installed applications. It has all the tools to find push notification ads and icon ads.
If you are looking for the app that uses AirPush or other push notifications, you can easily find the app and uninstall.
Besides push notifications, using this app is a great way to see what advertising agencies apps use, and what tools they have integrated.
Does the normal scan not detect the spam ads? Enable the notification monitor and you can easily see which program puts a notification in your notification area.
Another cool feature that we added is the live scanner. This scanner scans newly installed and updated apps for selected addon categories and displays a notification if they are found. This feature is reserved for users that have donated.
If you are getting shortcut spam on your homescreen, we've added a new icon ad monitor that should detect that too.
**To support us you can now easily donate through inapp billing.**
** Beta testers: If you want to beta test new functionality join our Google+ beta test group: http://goo.gl/P1TkpR and follow the instructions to receive beta updates through Google Play. **
The current list of addons we detect: (note: addon definitions are updated from the server, so there may be more than on this list. Check the help function to see all the addons we can detect)
AirPush, Airpush Hidden (Suspected), Appenda, Beluga Boost, Custom PushAds (Appbucks), Custom PushAds (Bobgame), Custom PushAds (Feelingtouch), Custom PushAds (Letang), Custom PushAds (Nulldroid), LeadBolt, Moolah Media, Senddroid, TapIt
AdFonic, Adinch, AdKnowledge, Adlantis, AdMaker, Admarvel, AdMob, Admoda, AdSense, Aduru, AdWhirl, AirAd, Amobee, Appbrain, Burstly, BuzzCity, Cauly, Chartboost, Daum, Domob, Everbadge, GreyStripe, Huntmads, InMobi, Inneractive, JumpTap, Komli, Madhouse, Madvertise, MDotM, Medialets, Mediba, Millenial, MobClix, MobFox, MOcean, MoPub, Nexage, OneRiot, Papaya Offers, Pontiflex, Quattro, RevMob, Sellaring, Smaato, StartApp, Tapjoy, Vdopia, VSERV, Youmi, Zest
Apsalar, Claritics, Flurry, Google Analytics, InApp, Localytics, Medialets, MixPanel
aChartEngine, ACRA, ActiveAndroid, AndEngine, Android NDK, Angle, Basic4Android, BugSense, Corona, Crittercism, Dropbox, Facebook, FMOD, Fortumo, Getjar, Immersion Motiv, jMonkeyEngine, libgdx, Marmalade, MonoDroid, NullWire, OpenStreetMap, PayPal, PhoneGap, PowerVR Shell, RoboGuice, RobotMedia Android Billing, Ruboto, Titanium, Twitter4j, Unity3d, Urban Airship, Xtify, Zong
Beintoo, HeyZap, OpenFeint, Papaya Social, ScoreLoop, ScoreNinja, Skiller, Swarm
Airpush Icon, LeadBolt Icon, SendDroid Icon, StartApp Icon
Amazon Licensing, Google Licensing Service, SlideMe SlideLock
*** Known issues ***
Samsung Galaxy 3 keeps talking to me when on my home screens saying folder is open or similar.
This seems to be an ICS/Samsung bug. It happens for some people and also with other apps that use the accessibility service such as Tasker, Light Flow and others.
Try to fix it:
Samsung S3: - Go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Talkback "ON" - Select "Settings" from the bottom of the page - Uncheck all Talkback options - Switch Talkback "Off" again - Go back to Settings -> Application manager -> All - Disable Google TTS (text to speech) - Disable Samsung TTS (text to speech)
More issue details here: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=23105
We can't guarantee that our results are 100% correct. Sometimes addons, like pushnotifications, are integrated in larger sdk's, and the developer doesn't need to use them, although we detect them. We strive to be conservative about marking apps as suspected, but errors can occur.
Popup blockers can help you keep popups you find annoying or dangerous from invading your computer system. However, they also block popups that you may want or need to use. Because of this, it is necessary to know how to disable popup blockers. There are dozens of popular popup blockers in use by the online population, but most popup blockers are built into the browser you're using. These browser settings are all a bit different from one another, so find the browser you're looking for and keep reading.
This Block all Popups Tips guide you how to Block all Popups, tips Block all Popups, and more!. You can learn how at here.
★ Block Internet access on a per-app basis
★ Separate mobile data (GPRS/3G/4G) and WiFi access control
★ Restore the blocked networks by tapping the notification icon
It would be useful to add e-book reader apps to the blocked apps list so "Net blocker" can help to disable the Internet connection when you are reading. It helps to reduce waste on your data plan usage and save the battery life.
To block networks for specified apps
1. Open "Net blocker"
2. Tap app that you would like to block it from accessing the Internet access
3. Check the network types that you'd like to block
4. "Net blocker" app will automatically disable the Internet connection when the blocked app is running in the foreground
5. A new notification icon will tell you which networks are blocked
6. Tap the notification icon to restore the Internet connection, tap again to disable the Internet
"Net blocker" only blocks the networks when the blocked app runs in the foreground.
It won't prevent blocked apps from accessing the Internet when the app runs in the background.
For Android 4 or greater users, you can restrict background network accessing by going to
Launcher > Settings > Data usage > tap app that you'd like to block > check "Restrict background data" option.
For Android 5(Lollipop) or greater devices, you have to convert this app to a system app for toggling the mobile data connection.
We have been selected as a Google I/O 2011 Developer Sandbox partner, for its innovative design and advanced technology.
Do you know a language other than English? Help me localize this app for other languages!
Is there a face missing that you absolutely need? Email me and ask for it!
Dev note: I'll fix bugs when I feel like it. Problem? If you want to get a hold of me via reddit, my username is rkcr.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are having an issue with the app, PLEASE EMAIL ME! It's difficult to diagnose issues if all you do is leave a comment.
Explanation of permissions:
Internet - Used for crash tracking only. (You can verify yourself; the app is open source: https://github.com/dlew/android-ragefaces)
Write external storage - Used to share files with other apps on the device.
This app is open source! Check it out here: https://github.com/dlew/android-gfycat/
It's integrated with a point system which estimates the chance of winning, giving you a way to determine (or randomly configure) the difficulty of your game!
All permissions are used for syncing updates of the scoring system for the app through the account system.
This app is open source - check it out! https://github.com/dlew/android-sotm
The app has no launcher; it just shows up in share menus when you try to share a link.
Attribution: Launcher "arrow" designed by Calvin Goodman (http://www.thenounproject.com/calpoog) from the Noun Project.
Instead of having to go through a few steps (e.g., through your People application, then pick the contact, then pick the address) it just launches a quick picker for a contact and forwards it to the Maps app quickly.
This app was written for Lindsay because she deserves it.