Filter stories by
• Ask/Show HN
• Today, Yesterday & Week's best stories
• Share stories and comments
• Articles are presented in a readable mode using readability.
• Options to open other links in built in or external browser
• Poll result as a bar chart
• Tap on the "Time ago" in the comment to collapse the comment and replies
• User's HN profile (Tap on user id)
• Option to collapse comment, and thread
• Swipe down to refresh top stories
Found a bug, got stuck, have a suggestion? Drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on:
Twitter - http://twitter.com/premii
• Post comments
• View Hacker News stories and comments, beautifully laid out
• Also view articles in ViewText, Google, or your system browser (you can set each as default)
• Upvote stories (long-press on story) and comments (long-press on comment).
• Collapse and expand comments by tapping on them
• Choose from 3 text sizes
• Switch between stories and comments with one tap
• View "more" stories than only the HN frontpage
• Share the article's URL to your installed apps (Instapaper, Pocket, Twitter,...)
• See which articles you have already visited
Please report any issues to me via Twitter (@manuelmaly) or via mail (link is below).
Get the source code here: https://github.com/manmal/hn-android/
- Search capability
- Tablet support
- Folding comment threads
- Share articles and comments easily
- Submit new stories
- High contrast for ease of reading
- Light and dark themes
- Control text size
Best of all; it's open source! We welcome pull requests. Check it out at https://github.com/bishopmatthew/HackerNews
Submit issues through GitHub, and we'll respond with timeframes for features and fixes.
If you like the app, please consider Matthew Bishop if you're looking for an Android developer (for freelance or hire)! Please direct all inquiries to email@example.com
• Beautiful and intuitive material interface
• Filter stories by top, new, show or ask
• Multiple account logins
• Submit your own links or original content
• Share stories from and to other apps
• Upvote, downvote and comment on stories
• Collapsible comments
• Color coded comment threads
• Night & AMOLED modes
Logging in to the Hacker News website after logging in to Yarn will invalidate your login on Yarn. This is because Yarn stores your login cookie, instead of your password, which Hacker News invalidates when you log in via their website
For news, updates and access to the beta, join the Google Plus community at https://plus.google.com/communities/113925577732023099124
Yarn for Hacker News is an unofficial app. Hacker News and the Hacker News logo, trademark and trade dress are registered trademarks owned by Y Combinator.
** Hacker News Android has been open sourced **
The app supports features such as:
- Browse Top Articles, New Articles and Ask Hacker News.
- Read article, comment and vote.
- Infinite scrolling.
- Collapsible threads.
- Share articles to Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Night Mode
DISCLAIMER: This app is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by Y Combinator.
Open sourced on github!
view it here: https://github.com/dinosaurwithakatana/hacker-news-android
Comment count issue:
This is due to hacker news sending back the total parent comment count through their API, this is a technical limitation from their end. The true comment count is shown when you drill into a story. Sorry about this!
The Hacker News (THN) is a privately owned Indian company based out of New Delhi, India and has been providing training and knowledge-based solutions since October 2011.
Originally founded in November 2010 by Mohit Kumar, The Hacker News has been internationally recognized as a leading news source dedicated to promoting awareness for security experts and hackers. Supported and endorsed by administrators and members of various underground hacking groups and communities worldwide, The Hacker News (THN) has become a worldwide leader in information security.
With the need for information security solutions becoming more critical, The Hacker News (THN) has compiled a team of experts to bring you the best in information security training. We are proud to offer premier information security consultation and training services across the globe. Our mission is to make the internet more secure, more aware and more reliable.
Our team is comprised of a group of technologists who are dedicated to making the internet more secure. Since almost every organization in the modern world is connected to the internet in some way, steps must be taken to ensure that their networks remain safe and secure.
At The Hacker News (THN), We pride ourselves in becoming a center of excellence in learning. Our industry experts and faculty are dedicated to guiding and inspiring our students to achieve their goals as service professionals.
All of our instructors are experts in their field and maintain respected reputations within the security community. Many of our instructors run successful companies, websites and defense teams. With hundreds of actual penetration test assessments logged in secured environments, you can be assured that our faculty understands the intricacies and challenges of hacking highly secured networks. Superior quality securing training classes are our priority.
The Hacker News (THN) offers a wide variety of services that include penetrating testing, network vulnerability assessments, security training and vulnerability assessment product installation. Our company’s goal is to help and assist our customers in becoming security conscious.
With The Hacker News’s extensive experience and being recognized as a global leader in the field of information security, you can be assured that you’re in the right hands.
● Automatic Article Update.
● New Article Update Notification.
● Access to Blog with one click.
● Add Home Screen Widget of the Hacker News Application.
● Best Hacking News from the world wide news source.
● Mark Your Favorited Post and News and Stared Article and access it easily.
● Option to View articles in List or Grid View.
Email Author: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Developer : email@example.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/thehackernews
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/hackintech
Website : http://thehackernews.com
Website : http://hackingtech.in
* Full Hacker News reading experience with dedicated sections for top stories, newest, show HN, ask HN and jobs
* Search for any stories on Hacker News (powered by Algolia)
* Save, share and export stories
* View articles with your browser of choice
* Modern material design, fast and simple browsing of articles and comments
* Multi-level navigation of story/comment/reply
* Two-pane reading layout for tablet users
* Multiple themes supported
* Wide-range support for Android devices
The project is hosted at https://github.com/hidroh/materialistic
This project makes use of public API provided by Hacker News at https://github.com/HackerNews/API
All articles and comments in the app are displayed as is, provided by Hacker News, and not owned by the publisher of this app.
Feel free to give feedback and/or contribute to this app.
With this app, you can:
- Browse the Top, New, and Ask HackerNews sections.
- Read articles and comments.
- Infinite scrolling
- Easy sharing of articles to Facebook, Twitter, Pocket etc.
- Beautiful Holo UI that even works well on tablets.
- Commenting and submitting
* Save Offline (Comments and Story)
* Homepage news
* Ask HN
* Home screen Widget
* Night Mode (Inverse Color Mode)
* Save for Later (Bookmarking)
* Text via ViewText.org
* Instapaper Integration
* Read It Later Integration
* Share news stories via FB, Twitter, SMS
Latest Hacking News has been internationally recognized as a leading source dedicated to promoting awareness for security experts and hackers.
In our tutorials we only EVER hack our own systems as a proof of concept and never engage in any black hat activity.
We get numerous emails on a daily basis asking us to do any of the following:
1.) Hack your friends Facebook/E-mail account
2.) Provide keys to copyright software
3.) Hack someones' website
If your email falls into any of the above categories we will not help you.
It's opensource :D
- Endless scrolling
- Handle HN links in browser so you can choose to open a link with HNews
- Handle browser share page, you can now send links to HN with HNews
- Urls and Replies are sharable
- Supports HckrNews.com
- News list caching ( not caching the website the news point at )
1.1: - fixed icon
1.2: - Handle HN links in browser so you can choose to open a link with HNews
- Handle browser share page, you can now share links with HNews
- Long-click to upvote/downvote
- Long-click to open a link in the frontpage
1.2.1: - fixed share text
1.2.2: - fixed broken dialog
1.2.3: - added option to share urls/replies
1.3: - added support for HckrNews.com
1.3.1: - added news caching
1.3.2: - fixed broken infinite scrolling
1.3.3: - bugfixes
1.3.4: - fixed broken HN link handler ( thanks Matthew for report )
Instapaper for Android provides a mobile and tablet-optimized Text view that makes reading Internet content a clean and uncluttered experience. Read offline, even on airplanes, subways, on elevators, or on Wi-Fi-only devices away from Internet connections.
- Saves most web pages as text only, stripping away the full-sized layout to optimize for tablet and phone screens
- Distraction-free reading environment gets out of your way so you can focus on the content
- Everything you download is then available **OFFLINE**, so you can read whenever you want, even on airplanes, subways, or Wi-Fi-only devices away from internet connections
- Optimized tablet interface
- Adjustable fonts, text sizes, line spacing, and margins
- Dark mode and brightness control for night reading
- Sort your list of unread items by popularity, date, article length, and shuffle
- Folders for organization
- Share via web browser and any app that supports sharing
- Rotation lock
- Download up to 500 articles on your phone or tablet, and store unlimited articles on the Instapaper website
- Folders for organization
- Dictionary and Wikipedia lookups
- Tilt scrolling, page-flipping
- Preview links in the built-in browser without leaving the app
- Search, via in-app purchase
Pocket is your perfect mobile companion for commutes, travel, or curling up on your couch.
★ Webby Award for Best Productivity App and Best User Experience 2014 ★
• Unlimited storage to keep all the articles and videos you save in one place.
• 3 full-screen reading modes for Day and Night.
• Save data with wi-fi only syncing.
• Organize easily with powerful search and tagging.
• Works with your favorite apps and sites like Twitter, Flipboard, Feedly and more.
• Easily share anything from Pocket to Evernote, Twitter, Facebook or a Friend.
• Desktop Browser extensions for Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer lets you save anything from your Desktop to your Phone and Tablet in a one click. Available at http://getpocket.com/welcome
Learn more about us at http://www.getpocket.com/
Questions about requested permissions? See http://getpocket.com/permissions
Readability turns any Web page into a clean view for reading now or later on your computer or Android device. With the Readability app, you can catch up reading you've saved with the free Readability add-on for your Web browser. Already a favorite on Kindle e-readers, now you can enjoy the benefits of Readability on your Android devices.
Store It. Share It. Read It.
To start saving articles from the Web to Readability, visit the Readability website using your favorite browser and install the free Readability add-on.
Make it a favorite, send to your archive, share with your friends, and more
Readability automatically turns Web pages into a clean, elegant, single-column reading view. With beautiful typography provided by Hoefler & Frere-Jones, the reading experience in Readability is second-to-none. Too busy to read right now? Save any Web page to Readability and it automatically saves on your Web browser or Android device. Once synced, your articles will be there for you--whether you're online or offline. Customize the reading view by adjusting type size, text style, and contrast to your liking.
Readability also provides built-in native sharing support. Post favorite articles along with your own comments on Facebook, Twitter, or by e-mail to your friends. Enjoy an unlimited, search-able archive that syncs on the Web. As soon as you're done reading an article, simply tap it to archive. You can even add articles to your Reading List by e-mail. Copy and paste up to 20 URLs into the body of an e-mail and send that to a personalized address, provided free by Readability.
Click on the Videos or More tab to see links to latest videos relevant to the subject linked from around the web and latest blog feeds also relevant to the subject in hand.