Filter stories by
• Ask/Show HN
• Today, Yesterday & Week's best stories
• Share stories and comments
• Articles are presented in a readable mode using readability.
• Options to open other links in built in or external browser
• Poll result as a bar chart
• Tap on the "Time ago" in the comment to collapse the comment and replies
• User's HN profile (Tap on user id)
• Option to collapse comment, and thread
• Swipe down to refresh top stories
Found a bug, got stuck, have a suggestion? Drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on:
Twitter - http://twitter.com/premii
• Post comments
• View Hacker News stories and comments, beautifully laid out
• Also view articles in ViewText, Google, or your system browser (you can set each as default)
• Upvote stories (long-press on story) and comments (long-press on comment).
• Collapse and expand comments by tapping on them
• Choose from 3 text sizes
• Switch between stories and comments with one tap
• View "more" stories than only the HN frontpage
• Share the article's URL to your installed apps (Instapaper, Pocket, Twitter,...)
• See which articles you have already visited
Please report any issues to me via Twitter (@manuelmaly) or via mail (link is below).
Get the source code here: https://github.com/manmal/hn-android/
- Search capability
- Tablet support
- Folding comment threads
- Share articles and comments easily
- Submit new stories
- High contrast for ease of reading
- Light and dark themes
- Control text size
Best of all; it's open source! We welcome pull requests. Check it out at https://github.com/bishopmatthew/HackerNews
Submit issues through GitHub, and we'll respond with timeframes for features and fixes.
If you like the app, please consider Matthew Bishop if you're looking for an Android developer (for freelance or hire)! Please direct all inquiries to email@example.com
Open sourced on github!
view it here: https://github.com/dinosaurwithakatana/hacker-news-android
Comment count issue:
This is due to hacker news sending back the total parent comment count through their API, this is a technical limitation from their end. The true comment count is shown when you drill into a story. Sorry about this!
With this app, you can:
- Browse the Top, New, and Ask HackerNews sections.
- Read articles and comments.
- Infinite scrolling
- Easy sharing of articles to Facebook, Twitter, Pocket etc.
- Beautiful Holo UI that even works well on tablets.
- Commenting and submitting
It's opensource :D
- Endless scrolling
- Handle HN links in browser so you can choose to open a link with HNews
- Handle browser share page, you can now send links to HN with HNews
- Urls and Replies are sharable
- Supports HckrNews.com
- News list caching ( not caching the website the news point at )
1.1: - fixed icon
1.2: - Handle HN links in browser so you can choose to open a link with HNews
- Handle browser share page, you can now share links with HNews
- Long-click to upvote/downvote
- Long-click to open a link in the frontpage
1.2.1: - fixed share text
1.2.2: - fixed broken dialog
1.2.3: - added option to share urls/replies
1.3: - added support for HckrNews.com
1.3.1: - added news caching
1.3.2: - fixed broken infinite scrolling
1.3.3: - bugfixes
1.3.4: - fixed broken HN link handler ( thanks Matthew for report )
** Hacker News Android has been open sourced **
The app supports features such as:
- Browse Top Articles, New Articles and Ask Hacker News.
- Read article, comment and vote.
- Infinite scrolling.
- Collapsible threads.
- Share articles to Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Night Mode
DISCLAIMER: This app is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by Y Combinator.
• Beautiful and intuitive material interface
• Filter stories by top, new, show or ask
• Multiple account logins
• Submit your own links or original content
• Share stories from and to other apps
• Upvote, downvote and comment on stories
• Collapsible comments
• Color coded comment threads
• Night & AMOLED modes
Logging in to the Hacker News website after logging in to Yarn will invalidate your login on Yarn. This is because Yarn stores your login cookie, instead of your password, which Hacker News invalidates when you log in via their website
Yarn for Hacker News is an unofficial app. Hacker News and the Hacker News logo, trademark and trade dress are registered trademarks owned by Y Combinator.
Latest Hacking News has been internationally recognized as a leading source dedicated to promoting awareness for security experts and hackers.
In our tutorials we only EVER hack our own systems as a proof of concept and never engage in any black hat activity.
We get numerous emails on a daily basis asking us to do any of the following:
1.) Hack your friends Facebook/E-mail account
2.) Provide keys to copyright software
3.) Hack someones' website
If your email falls into any of the above categories we will not help you.
Email Service :- Coming soon .. !!
Additional Information :- Coming soon .. !!
The Hacker News (THN) is a privately owned Indian company based out of New Delhi, India and has been providing training and knowledge-based solutions since October 2011.
Originally founded in November 2010 by Mohit Kumar, The Hacker News has been internationally recognized as a leading news source dedicated to promoting awareness for security experts and hackers. Supported and endorsed by administrators and members of various underground hacking groups and communities worldwide, The Hacker News (THN) has become a worldwide leader in information security.
With the need for information security solutions becoming more critical, The Hacker News (THN) has compiled a team of experts to bring you the best in information security training. We are proud to offer premier information security consultation and training services across the globe. Our mission is to make the internet more secure, more aware and more reliable.
Our team is comprised of a group of technologists who are dedicated to making the internet more secure. Since almost every organization in the modern world is connected to the internet in some way, steps must be taken to ensure that their networks remain safe and secure.
At The Hacker News (THN), We pride ourselves in becoming a center of excellence in learning. Our industry experts and faculty are dedicated to guiding and inspiring our students to achieve their goals as service professionals.
All of our instructors are experts in their field and maintain respected reputations within the security community. Many of our instructors run successful companies, websites and defense teams. With hundreds of actual penetration test assessments logged in secured environments, you can be assured that our faculty understands the intricacies and challenges of hacking highly secured networks. Superior quality securing training classes are our priority.
The Hacker News (THN) offers a wide variety of services that include penetrating testing, network vulnerability assessments, security training and vulnerability assessment product installation. Our company’s goal is to help and assist our customers in becoming security conscious.
With The Hacker News’s extensive experience and being recognized as a global leader in the field of information security, you can be assured that you’re in the right hands.
● Automatic Article Update.
● New Article Update Notification.
● Access to Blog with one click.
● Add Home Screen Widget of the Hacker News Application.
● Best Hacking News from the world wide news source.
● Mark Your Favorited Post and News and Stared Article and access it easily.
● Option to View articles in List or Grid View.
Email Author: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Developer : email@example.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/thehackernews
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/hackintech
Website : http://thehackernews.com
Website : http://hackingtech.in
Hacker News is a full-featured Android client for the Hacker News website (news.ycombinator.com).
- View the top stories, new submissions, and Ask HN posts.
- Login with your HN account.
- Up/downvote and add comments directly within the app.
- View articles in the browser or text-only on viewtext.org.
- Share links to articles or discussion threads.
This app is not in any way affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Y Combinator.
* Save Offline (Comments and Story)
* Homepage news
* Ask HN
* Home screen Widget
* Night Mode (Inverse Color Mode)
* Save for Later (Bookmarking)
* Text via ViewText.org
* Instapaper Integration
* Read It Later Integration
* Share news stories via FB, Twitter, SMS
* Modern material design, fast and simple browsing of articles and comments
* Multi-level navigation of story/comment/reply
* Two-pane reading layout for tablet users
* Multiple themes supported
* Saving stories for later viewing, export/share your saved stories
* Option to view article inside app or using a browser of your choice
* Option to share your favourite articles
* Wide-range support for Android devices
The project is hosted at https://github.com/hidroh/materialistic
This project makes use of public API provided by Hacker News at https://github.com/HackerNews/API
All articles and comments in the app are displayed as is, provided by Hacker News, and not owned by the publisher of this app.
Feel free to give feedback and/or contribute to this app.
- Browse Trending, Newest or Ask HN categories with the clean interface. No orange!
- View articles from different websites via the in-app browser
- Easily share news with social networks or read-later services like Instapaper, Pocket, etc.
- View comments in an hierarchical layout
- No Ads.
HNReader is entirely open source! Visit GitHub to browse its source code:
Tablet UI is coming soon!
Also, feel free to contact me via email or twitter (@oguzbilgener). Contributions are appreciated. Thanks!
• Pulls the first 30 items in https://news.ycombinator.com/news
• Opens WebView for the selected item with options of sharing and opening in default web browser.
• Share and open in browser options when selecting an item from the list.
• Two panel view for screens bigger than 7".
• Show next 30 items.
• View comments.
• View user profile page
Source code available here: https://github.com/jgasteiz/HNReader
Report issues in https://twitter.com/jgasteiz