Filter stories by
• Ask/Show HN
• Today, Yesterday & Week's best stories
• Share stories and comments
• Articles are presented in a readable mode using readability.
• Options to open other links in built in or external browser
• Poll result as a bar chart
• Tap on the "Time ago" in the comment to collapse the comment and replies
• User's HN profile (Tap on user id)
• Option to collapse comment, and thread
• Swipe down to refresh top stories
Found a bug, got stuck, have a suggestion? Drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on:
Twitter - http://twitter.com/premii
- Search capability
- Tablet support
- Folding comment threads
- Share articles and comments easily
- Submit new stories
- High contrast for ease of reading
- Light and dark themes
- Control text size
Best of all; it's open source! We welcome pull requests. Check it out at https://github.com/bishopmatthew/HackerNews
Submit issues through GitHub, and we'll respond with timeframes for features and fixes.
If you like the app, please consider Matthew Bishop if you're looking for an Android developer (for freelance or hire)! Please direct all inquiries to email@example.com
• Post comments
• View Hacker News stories and comments, beautifully laid out
• Also view articles in ViewText, Google, or your system browser (you can set each as default)
• Upvote stories (long-press on story) and comments (long-press on comment).
• Collapse and expand comments by tapping on them
• Choose from 3 text sizes
• Switch between stories and comments with one tap
• View "more" stories than only the HN frontpage
• Share the article's URL to your installed apps (Instapaper, Pocket, Twitter,...)
• See which articles you have already visited
Please report any issues to me via Twitter (@manuelmaly) or via mail (link is below).
Get the source code here: https://github.com/manmal/hn-android/
* Clean UI utilizing Material Design
* Night Mode
* Link and Comments in same view
* Comment Collapsing
* Ability to open hacker news links in the application
source here: https://github.com/dinosaurwithakatana/hacker-news-android
You can file issues on the github page, contributions are always welcome!
Comment count issue:
This is due to hacker news sending back the total parent comment count through their API, this is a technical limitation from their end. The true comment count is shown when you drill into a story. Sorry about this!
** Hacker News Android has been open sourced **
The app supports features such as:
- Browse Top Articles, New Articles and Ask Hacker News.
- Read article, comment and vote.
- Infinite scrolling.
- Collapsible threads.
- Share articles to Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Night Mode
DISCLAIMER: This app is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by Y Combinator.
• Filter stories by home, top (powered by Algolia), new, show, ask or jobs
• Multiple account logins
• Submit your own links or original content
• Share stories from and to other apps
• Upvote, downvote and comment on stories
• Collapsible comments
• Color coded comment threads
• Night & AMOLED modes
• Read articles in readability
• Search posts (powered by Algolia)
Logging in to the Hacker News website after logging in to Yarn will invalidate your login on Yarn. This is because Yarn stores your login cookie, instead of your password, which Hacker News invalidates when you log in via their website
For news, updates and access to the beta, join the Google Plus community at https://plus.google.com/communities/113925577732023099124
Yarn for Hacker News is an unofficial app. Hacker News and the Hacker News logo, trademark and trade dress are registered trademarks owned by Y Combinator.
* Full Hacker News reading experience with dedicated sections for top stories, newest, show HN, ask HN and jobs
* Search for any stories on Hacker News (powered by Algolia)
* Save, share and export stories
* Modern material design, fast and simple browsing of articles and comments
* Two-pane reading layout for tablet users
* Wide-range support for Android devices
Flexible reading experience:
* Multiple themes supported, adjustable font size
* Navigate comments and replies in a single page/through multiple pages
* View articles with your browser of choice
The project is hosted at https://github.com/hidroh/materialistic
This project makes use of public API provided by Hacker News at https://github.com/HackerNews/API
All articles and comments in the app are displayed as is, provided by Hacker News, and not owned by the publisher of this app.
Feel free to give feedback and/or contribute to this app.
- Updates you with latest hacking news for ethical hackers
- Provides you free tutorials including ebooks and online courses
- User friendly and fast
- Full information on Tech
- Let's you to share news and tutorials to your friends
- Includes Push Notification to keep you update on latest events
Follow LatestHackingNews :
Facebook : http://on.fb.me/1lI4Srg
Twitter : http://bit.ly/1I0vMov
Google + : http://bit.ly/1rnv9bX
YouTube : http://bit.ly/1QO0iEp
For more details : http://bit.ly/1rQJPza
We never track your details or data from your mobile. In our tutorials we only EVER hack our own systems as a proof of concept and never engage in any black hat activity.
We get numerous emails on a daily basis asking us to do any of the following:
1.) Hack your friends Facebook/E-mail account
2.) Provide keys to copyright software
3.) Hack someones' website
If your email falls into any of the above categories we will not help you.
★ Top Stories
★ New Stories
★ Best Stories
★ Show HN
★ Ask HN
Bookmark all your favourite stories from Hacker News and keep them as long as you want!
This app is open source! Contribute by following the website link below.
INTERNET - Automated crash reporting and fetching data from Hacker News
The Hacker News (THN) is a privately owned Indian company based out of New Delhi, India and has been providing training and knowledge-based solutions since October 2011.
Originally founded in November 2010 by Mohit Kumar, The Hacker News has been internationally recognized as a leading news source dedicated to promoting awareness for security experts and hackers. Supported and endorsed by administrators and members of various underground hacking groups and communities worldwide, The Hacker News (THN) has become a worldwide leader in information security.
With the need for information security solutions becoming more critical, The Hacker News (THN) has compiled a team of experts to bring you the best in information security training. We are proud to offer premier information security consultation and training services across the globe. Our mission is to make the internet more secure, more aware and more reliable.
Our team is comprised of a group of technologists who are dedicated to making the internet more secure. Since almost every organization in the modern world is connected to the internet in some way, steps must be taken to ensure that their networks remain safe and secure.
At The Hacker News (THN), We pride ourselves in becoming a center of excellence in learning. Our industry experts and faculty are dedicated to guiding and inspiring our students to achieve their goals as service professionals.
All of our instructors are experts in their field and maintain respected reputations within the security community. Many of our instructors run successful companies, websites and defense teams. With hundreds of actual penetration test assessments logged in secured environments, you can be assured that our faculty understands the intricacies and challenges of hacking highly secured networks. Superior quality securing training classes are our priority.
The Hacker News (THN) offers a wide variety of services that include penetrating testing, network vulnerability assessments, security training and vulnerability assessment product installation. Our company’s goal is to help and assist our customers in becoming security conscious.
With The Hacker News’s extensive experience and being recognized as a global leader in the field of information security, you can be assured that you’re in the right hands.
● Automatic Article Update.
● New Article Update Notification.
● Access to Blog with one click.
● Add Home Screen Widget of the Hacker News Application.
● Best Hacking News from the world wide news source.
● Mark Your Favorited Post and News and Stared Article and access it easily.
● Option to View articles in List or Grid View.
Email Author: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Developer : email@example.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/thehackernews
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/hackintech
Website : http://thehackernews.com
Website : http://hackingtech.in
With this app, you can:
- Browse the Top, New, and Ask HackerNews sections.
- Read articles and comments.
- Infinite scrolling
- Easy sharing of articles to Facebook, Twitter, Pocket etc.
- Beautiful Holo UI that even works well on tablets.
- Commenting and submitting
- Feedly http://feedly.com
- Feed Wrangler http://feedwrangler.net
- Feedbin http://feedbin.me
- Fever http://feedafever.com
"Press for Android is a news reader that actually cares about design" - The Verge
"Press is still the best for RSS on Android after moving to Feedly" - Android Central
"Press for Android is so good that it doesn’t need a fancy title" - Beautiful Pixels
We designed an app that we want to use and hopefully our attention to detail will be evident on every screen. Follow us on Twitter @25Squares.
- No ads
- Syncs with Feedly, Feed Wrangler, Feedbin, and Fever
- Light theme and dark theme
- Immersive mode when viewing articles (KitKat devices)
- One-tap saving to Pocket/Instapaper
- Offline image caching
- Offline reading support
- Background syncing (with notifications)
- Widgets (Lockscreen support for 4.2+)
- Readability integration
- Vertical or horizontal swiping to navigate articles
- Quickly mark articles as read/unread
- Mark articles as read while scrolling (toggle on/off in action bar)
- Clean reading environment
- Image zooming
- Change reading font style and size
- Article text alignment
- Share the articles you read or star them for later
- Open articles in the app or your default browser
- YouTube API support
- DashClock extension
- See the new swipe gestures in action: http://twentyfivesquares.com/blog/2013/12/18/press-1-5/
- Swipe quickly from left to right to mark article as read
- Swipe quickly from right to left to mark article as starred
- Swipe and pull article list rows to reveal quick actions
- When reading an article:
- Double-tap an image to get a closer look
- Double-tap anywhere else to mobilize the article
- Tap the article title to read it in the browser
Please email us if you have any questions or problems. For ideas on how we can make the app better, check out our UserVoice page (https://twentyfivesquares.uservoice.com/) and let us know.
Help us translate Press into different languages! http://crowdin.net/project/press
*Formerly a Google Reader client
gReader is a simple, fast and intuitive feed/rss reader for Android, featuring beautiful themes, podcast support and full offline support. Read all your rss/feed news in one place, where keeping up with your favorite websites is as easy as checking your email.
More on http://noinnion.com/greader
* The Old Reader: To use The Old Reader you need to create a mobile login in TOR settings
* Please let us know of any issues you encounter via email.
* If you still get ads: Clear the cache of the market and check the license in gReader again (Menu->More->Check License)
* Read the FAQ before commenting: http://noinnion.com/greader/support
* Beta: http://noinnion.com/greader/updates
* Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noinnion.android.greader.readerpro
* Support developers
* Ad-Free version
* Better Widgets
* Better Podcasts features
* Custom Notification
* Feedly Cloud: Feedly Cloud is a new way to browse the content of your favorite sites.
* The Old Reader: The Old Reader is a simple, web-based RSS reader with lots of great sharing features.
* RSS Reader: Use gReader without any online services. All data are saved locally.
* Synchronization: Use gReader at home, at your office, or anywhere you go and keep your feeds, tags and shared items synched in one place.
* 2-Way Sync: Synchronize your read items between gReader and Feedly/The Old Reader. Keep your articles up-to-date
* Auto synchronization
* User Interface: Simple, fast and intuitive
* Tablet-Optimized: Read your news more comfortable on a tablet
* Themes: Light, Black and Dark, Sepia, Blue, Green
* Night Mode: Read your articles with white font on black background. Save battery and increase readability in the night.
* Offline Reading: Reading full article content without internet connection
* Mark read on scroll
* Podcast support
* Voice-Reading (Text-To-Speech)
* Search Filters: Search and filter keywords, save search results
* Folders / Tags support
* Share articles via Email, Facebook, Twitter, ...
* Services: Translation, Mobilizer (Google, Instapaper, Readability)
* Save to Pocket (Read it later) / Instapaper / Readability
* Sort: by newest, by oldest, by feed
* Quick and Swipe actions: faster access to useful functions
* Rich article list (snippet and thumbnail)
* Widget: Icon widget with unread badge
* Easy Reading: Reading mode view, inverse webpage color
* Fullscreen mode: Enlarge your reading space
* HTTPS connection: Use Http Secure to get your feeds
* Backup/Restore: Backup/Restore your preferences
Try it yourself and build your own opinion.
* GET_ACCOUNTS, USE_CREDENTIALS: Allows access to the list of accounts for quick login.
* READ_LOGS: Used for feedback feature. Users could send logs to developer for identifying issues.
* Save Offline (Comments and Story)
* Homepage news
* Ask HN
* Home screen Widget
* Night Mode (Inverse Color Mode)
* Save for Later (Bookmarking)
* Text via ViewText.org
* Instapaper Integration
* Read It Later Integration
* Share news stories via FB, Twitter, SMS
★ Syncs with Feedly
★ Simple, clean, clear and optimized user interface for both phones and tablets
★ Two reading layouts: Magazine and Classic
★ Two working modes: Online and Offline
★ Cache images for offline reading (optional)
★ 2-way synchronization
★ Auto update (default but optional)
★ Easy to view articles by feeds/tags
★ Mark all as read
★ Subscription management
★ Swipe left/right or using navigation buttons to view previous/next articles
★ Auto mobilize articles to view full content
★ Support both portrait and landscape mode
★ Multiple themes: Dark, Light, Gray, and Blue
★ Image gallery
★ Support listening Podcast feeds
★ Fully customizable: Appearance, Synchronization, Image, Notification...
NOTES: Please contact us by email for bugs report. If you have any idea/suggestion, please post it here: http://readerhd.uservoice.com
We will try all the best to give you a great experience when using our products. Thank you.
Search & preview feeds; read offline with images, mobile view, customizable interface.
News reader for RSS/Atom feeds equipped with Feed Search and other great features. Simply search for keywords or site name (e.g. 'sports news' or 'cnn'), tap the result to preview, add and enjoy!
* Feedly Cloud sync ***NEW***
* Read by feed/category/All ***NEW***
* Tablet layout ***NEW***
* Feed Search with Preview will allow you to build your feed library quickly and easily
* Full-screen view with swipe and zoom that can be used as default reading mode
* Supports saving articles to Pocket
* Expandable list allows to read articles without leaving the list as well as read only articles that interest you
* Offline reading with images (configured per feed) ensures that you can read even when not connected
* One-click access to "mobilized" version of article for faster/easier web browsing
* Ability to view article comments and subscribe to comments feeds
* Widgets and shortcuts on home screen
* Resizable widget or pick from one of 3 sizes
* Each widget can be configured to rotate through selected feeds at set interval or manually
* Choose between dark or light theme
* Customizable storage, update frequency, notifications, etc.
* Backup/restore to SD
Note: To use widgets please install the app to internal memory, not SD.
*** If you have a force-close or another bug unique to your device or configuration, PLEASE EMAIL THE DEVELOPER instead of posting in comments. If we cannot reproduce the problem we cannot fix it without your help! Thank you! ***