Unlike the others, this app actually LISTENS to the music using the phone's on-board microphone. Simply start the app, and the BPM is updated once every seven seconds. The app works best with music that has a strong beat.
Select either 60-120 BPM or 100-200 BPM to get estimates in those ranges.
Choose from either the modern or old-fashioned skin.
Switch the app into "nerd mode" to have a look under the hood. Watch as a spectrogram is generated in real-time (choose color or black & white). Below the spectrogram you will see the rate of energy change of the music. Peaks represent beats or other musically significant events. Once every seven seconds, the bottom of the screen displays a chart with the candidate beats per minute. The largest values are the most likely.
Note that the app also works on music without a strong beat, but you may have to snap your fingers, clap, or tap on the screen to the music to help it register energy transitions correctly.
For fun, try beatboxing while running the app!
Tap the screen to see the exact tempo in "Beats Per Second" of the music you are currently listening to. The app also shows the complete scale of tempo markings, such as Allegro, Moderato, Vivace etc... Very handy for all musicians. Additional features are as well duration of your tapping, beats per second and the count of yet tapped beats.
Tap at least 45 seconds to get the most accurate results.
You must press the Tap button either at every beat or at every new measure.
The app will calculate the BpM (beats per minute), MpM (Measures per minute), and the length of a beat and Measure in seconds.
Criticism and suggestions are encouraged.
Who wants to help translating the app into other languages may contact me.
Metronomes are essential for keeping time, improving practice sessions, and for developing a consistent rhythmic feel. With TempoPerfect musicians can accurately set the correct beats per minute (BPM) for any simple or compound tempo. Additional features allow you to subdivide beat patterns to hear tricky patterns like triplets, or accent the first beat in a measure when working in difficult time signatures.
TempoPerfect also includes a tempo guide chart to quickly translate Italian tempo markings, so not only will you practice at the correct BPM, but you'll finally learn the difference between largo, andante, allegro and prestissimo.
Tempo SlowMo is an ideal practice tool for musicians, dancers and language students. Using technology developed for our Chord Detector and Chord Tutor apps, Tempo SlowMo’s sleek and simple design helps you practice playing songs, dance routines or learning a new language by slowing down or speeding up an audio tracks BPM (beats per minute) without affecting its pitch.
5 Stars “Great for playing guitar!”
5 Stars “Elegant and intuitive”
5 Stars “Great for transcribing songs on drums”
5 Stars “Amazing for memorization!”
5 Stars “Great for dance teachers”
5 Stars “Good for fitness too!”
5 Stars “Great for choir practice”
5 Stars “This app is my favorite :) i love it!!!”
Just hit the Music button within the app to reveal the available audio import options. Import an audio file from your music library, Dropbox account or over WiFi network directly to your device. Tempo SlowMo will then load the audio file which you can then play, pause, slow down and speed up to your hearts content.
Tempo SlowMo also has a feature allowing you to drop markers at any point in the track so that you can quickly skip back to that point if there is a particular bit of a track you are trying to master. Special Loop Markers allow you to loop part of a track if you need to master a specific section. Start and End Track Markers allow you to override the point where a track begins and ends.
As well as being able to import audio files from different sources you can also make your own recording and save it for future use.
You can export the changes you made to an audio file to MP3 and upload it to Dropbox or send it as an email attachment.
Please note that this app does not support tracks which are DRM protected.
List of core features:-
● Import tracks from music library sync’d to device
● Change tempo while playing between 20% and 250% or original tempo.
● Plays in background
● Play track on continuous loop
● loop sections of a track
● Export to Dropbox or Email
● Input from devices microphone and slow down/speed up recording
● Import tracks from your Dropbox
● Import tracks from your computer over WiFi
List of additional features available via In-App Purchase:-
● Pitch Changer – alter the pitch in 0.5 semitone increaments between -12 and +12 semitones.
● BPM Tapper – determine the BPM of your track.
● Remove Adverts – The app is free but contains adverts. Use this option to remove the adverts.
List of features which will be available via In-App purchase soon:-
● Playlist – create, update, save and load playlists of tracks. BPM lock feature included which enables you to play an entire playlist at the same BPM.
● Equaliser Control – isolate specific frequency bands with this 10 band equaliser.
● Balance Control – change the volume per channel.
If there are any features you would like to see in Tempo SlowMo please let us know.
★★★ What users said about liveBPM ★★★
John Walden, freelance musician and music technology journalist at musicappblog.com:
"There are three obvious applications for the app. First, it would make a brilliant practice tool for a drummer, allowing them to monitor just how good they are at keeping a steady tempo without the aid of a click track to guide them. Second, sat beside your kit during a performance, it would allow you to judge just how well you are hitting the ideal tempo for each song in your set. It’s not just drummers that can benefit for liveBPM as the third use is in mapping the tempo – and any tempo changes – in commercial recordings. While this is useful for drummers, it is instructional for almost any musician."
"I used this at my last band practice and wasn't expecting it to work. I couldn't believe how quickly and accurately it started tracking the bpm, even despite the very loud volume of our music."
"I am a professional drummer and I have been looking for something like this for years! Unless your playing with backing tracks or recording, Playing with a Click is too Mechanical. This app allows the tempo to breathe, and its like a little angel on your shoulder telling you the band is speeding up or slowing down. It is totally worth the money."
"I have used this about five gigs now and have quit using my previous tempo meter. I used both for a few gigs to test the accuracy. Dead on. Thanks! Every drummer should use this."
"This has been very helpful for recording. thanks!"
"Really this is one of the best bpm detectors I have ever seen. Works perfectly with very fast response."
★★★ Detailed Description ★★★
This is a tool designed for professional use:
- Well-tested beat detection engine guarantees trustworthiness
- Can handle most genres. Produces the best results under the following conditions:
-- The tempo is constant or almost constant
-- Strong impulses are defining the beat (drums, accentuated rhythm instruments like bass/guitar, etc.)
-- Time signature is 4/4, 3/4 or a multiple of either of these
- If the music meets these conditions liveBPM will produce results accurate to within 0.1 BPM
- Tempo curve shows the development of tempo over time
- Multiple zoom modes to show last 2, 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20 or 30 minutes
- Advanced audio spectrum analysis via FFT
- More accessible and usually more accurate than BPM counters that function through tapping
- Relatively low battery drain thanks to high performance code and efficient algorithms
Using it as a musician:
- Use it as an objective tempo reference like a metronome
- It actually has several advantages over a metronome:
-- You are not tied to a click, giving you more flexibility
-- Helps you use tempo changes to enhance your musical expression
-- With blind tests, it can massively improve your timing confidence, which is especially important if you are in a tempo leading role (e.g. drummer)
- Discover how/whether your favorite artists use tempo changes
- Measure and improve your time-keeping skills
- Identify slowdowns and speedups while practicing your instrument
- Always be in control of the tempo during your live gigs and rehearsals
- Power Button: For freezing the tempo curve and minimizing battery drain
- Clear Button: Clears the tempo curve
- Slider: Adjusts the target tempo range (i.e. 80-160 BPM)
- Zoom Buttons: Switch between zoom modes for the tempo curve. (2-30 minutes)
Note: You can check and improve the detection by clapping loud to the beat. Also, results can be improved by plugging in a suitable external microphone
DJStudio is a modern, robust and powerful party-proof DJ application which enables you to scratch, loop or pitch your songs in the palm of your hands.
Designed to be user friendly, social and responsive, you now have the keys to mix and rule the party.
This bundle unlocks the following skins :
★ CDJ-1k skin
★ V-DJ skin
★ Neon skin
★ Paper skin
★ Vintage Analog skin
★ Bling-Bling skin
DJStudio 5 system requirements:
★ Screen compatibility from 3.7" to 10"
★ Compatible since OS 2.2
★ Min 1 core 800Mhz, recommended 2 cores
★ 2 cores required for scratch option
★ Multi-touch since 3.0
DJStudio is an advanced DJ application suitable for everybody whether you are a novice or a pro.
If you like the app, please leave us a review!
If you have issues with this program or if you have some questions don't hesitate to write us an email.
Tempo gives you the features you need without sacrificing usability. Its engine is written from the ground up for high accuracy and stability. Over that is wrapped an attractive and comprehensive single-screen interface. Flashing LEDs also serve as buttons to customize beats, enabling the creation of complex rhythms.
- 8 different time signatures: 1-5/4, 3/8, 6/8, 9/8
- 6 rhythm patterns for simple meters and 3 for compound meters
- Works in both portrait and landscape
- Visual feedback in the form of pulsating LEDs
- Customize accents or turn beats off to create more complex rhythms
- Tap tempo function
- Tempo ranges from 10 to 400
- 3 sounds sets
- Multi-tasking support; playback continues outside of app
Find out the lightning distance within a few taps using Thunder Buddy! You can view the thunderstorm's estimated location on Google Maps. Keep track of all the thunderstorms you ever survived, wherever whenever, in a clean history overview. And last but not least, read interesting facts about thunder & lightning.
A must have app for anyone who enjoys the power of nature during thunderstorms. But also for people who don't enjoy thunder & lightning but want to know the lightning distances & feel safe.
Whatever type of person you are, after downloading this app you will look forward to the next thunderstorm!
-Measure the lightning distance
-View the lightning distance on Google Maps
-Read fun and interesting facts
-Tips to stay safe
-Simple, clean & intuitive design
-Support for all major distance units: Meter (m), Kilometer (km), Foot (ft), Yard (yd), Mile (mi)