Unlike the others, this app actually LISTENS to the music using the phone's on-board microphone. Simply start the app, and the BPM is updated once every seven seconds. The app works best with music that has a strong beat.
Select either 60-120 BPM or 100-200 BPM to get estimates in those ranges.
Choose from either the modern or old-fashioned skin.
Switch the app into "nerd mode" to have a look under the hood. Watch as a spectrogram is generated in real-time (choose color or black & white). Below the spectrogram you will see the rate of energy change of the music. Peaks represent beats or other musically significant events. Once every seven seconds, the bottom of the screen displays a chart with the candidate beats per minute. The largest values are the most likely.
Note that the app also works on music without a strong beat, but you may have to snap your fingers, clap, or tap on the screen to the music to help it register energy transitions correctly.
For fun, try beatboxing while running the app!
Tap the screen to see the exact tempo in "Beats Per Second" of the music you are currently listening to. The app also shows the complete scale of tempo markings, such as Allegro, Moderato, Vivace etc... Very handy for all musicians. Additional features are as well duration of your tapping, beats per second and the count of yet tapped beats.
Tap at least 45 seconds to get the most accurate results.
Heart rate, or heart pulse, is the speed of the heartbeat measured by the number of heartbeats per unit of time — typically beats per minute (bpm). The heart rate can vary according to the body's physical needs, including the need to absorb oxygen and excrete carbon dioxide.
First, you need to decide what BPM you are looking for and what kind of run this is. For example:
*** 5k - very fast run, need high BPM songs for the whole time, and a short playlist (since it usually doesn't take more than 40 minutes to finish).
*** Marathon - very slow run, you need mostly low BPM songs but not too low (in the 120-130 range and maybe a few higher ones to boost morale), and a very long list.
Once you know your target BPM, you can easely use BPM Music with your spotify account to select and play songs for that BPM.
★★★ What users said about liveBPM ★★★
John Walden, freelance musician and music technology journalist at musicappblog.com:
"There are three obvious applications for the app. First, it would make a brilliant practice tool for a drummer, allowing them to monitor just how good they are at keeping a steady tempo without the aid of a click track to guide them. Second, sat beside your kit during a performance, it would allow you to judge just how well you are hitting the ideal tempo for each song in your set. It’s not just drummers that can benefit for liveBPM as the third use is in mapping the tempo – and any tempo changes – in commercial recordings. While this is useful for drummers, it is instructional for almost any musician."
"I used this at my last band practice and wasn't expecting it to work. I couldn't believe how quickly and accurately it started tracking the bpm, even despite the very loud volume of our music."
"I am a professional drummer and I have been looking for something like this for years! Unless your playing with backing tracks or recording, Playing with a Click is too Mechanical. This app allows the tempo to breathe, and its like a little angel on your shoulder telling you the band is speeding up or slowing down. It is totally worth the money."
"I have used this about five gigs now and have quit using my previous tempo meter. I used both for a few gigs to test the accuracy. Dead on. Thanks! Every drummer should use this."
"This has been very helpful for recording. thanks!"
"Really this is one of the best bpm detectors I have ever seen. Works perfectly with very fast response."
★★★ Detailed Description ★★★
This is a tool designed for professional use:
- Well-tested beat detection engine guarantees trustworthiness
- Can handle most genres. Produces the best results under the following conditions:
-- The tempo is constant or almost constant
-- Strong impulses are defining the beat (drums, accentuated rhythm instruments like bass/guitar, etc.)
-- Time signature is 4/4, 3/4 or a multiple of either of these
- If the music meets these conditions liveBPM will produce results accurate to within 0.1 BPM
- Tempo curve shows the development of tempo over time
- Multiple zoom modes to show last 2, 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20 or 30 minutes
- Advanced audio spectrum analysis via FFT
- More accessible and usually more accurate than BPM counters that function through tapping
- Relatively low battery drain thanks to high performance code and efficient algorithms
Using it as a musician:
- Use it as an objective tempo reference like a metronome
- It actually has several advantages over a metronome:
-- You are not tied to a click, giving you more flexibility
-- Helps you use tempo changes to enhance your musical expression
-- With blind tests, it can massively improve your timing confidence, which is especially important if you are in a tempo leading role (e.g. drummer)
- Discover how/whether your favorite artists use tempo changes
- Measure and improve your time-keeping skills
- Identify slowdowns and speedups while practicing your instrument
- Always be in control of the tempo during your live gigs and rehearsals
- Power Button: For freezing the tempo curve and minimizing battery drain
- Clear Button: Clears the tempo curve
- Slider: Adjusts the target tempo range (i.e. 80-160 BPM)
- Zoom Buttons: Switch between zoom modes for the tempo curve. (2-30 minutes)
Note: You can check and improve the detection by clapping loud to the beat. Also, results can be improved by plugging in a suitable external microphone
This application also includes a Tempo & Pitch Calculator which is useful for musicians when sampling and pitch-shifting sounds.
- Tap the beat of a song and get the BPM (and beat interval)
- Tap sound
- Beat/tap counter
- Automatic reset on extreme values/taps or 5 seconds inactivity
- Set preferred number of decimals (0-4)
Tempo & Pitch Shifting Calculator:
- Find the new tempo of a sample after pitch shifting it
- Find the pitch shift that corresponds to a tempo change
- Set preferred number of decimals (0-4)
BPM Tap Full (Ad-free version): http://goo.gl/bh5O0
Studio Metronome includes a visual metronome and is available here:
Free version (ad-supported): http://goo.gl/HL32U
Full version (no ads, 5 soundpacks): http://goo.gl/z8Wsn
On smaller devices set the number of beats per bar and how you’d like the beat subdivided on the Settings screen. When you start the metronome it switches to the Practice screen, with its useful beat indicators. The practice screen has controls for easily increasing and decreasing the tempo in small increments, so you can start slow and build up your speed with one touch of the screen. On larger devices all of these features can be reached on one handy screen using the new Tablet layout.
- Separate layout for larger devices
- Select any tempo from 1 to 300 beats per minute.
- Don’t know how many beats per minute you need? Then use the tap tempo button to select a tempo.
- Displays Italian tempo markings – handy if you’re not sure how fast Vivace should be.
- Subdivide the beat with up to 16 clicks per beat – so you can practice the timing of your triplets.
- Choose whether to accent the first beat of the bar.
- Visual beat indication - mute the sound and use the visualisations to follow the beat.
- The metronome automatically stops playing when there is an incoming call.
- Your settings are saved automatically on exit – so you can carry on where you left off next time you play.
- Change the pitch of the sound to make the metronome easier to hear over your instrument.
Check out Metronome Beats Pro for even more features, including a “live” mode where you can create and play set lists.
Metronome Beats is supported by adverts, which is why it requires the “INTERNET” and “ACCESS NETWORK STATE” permissions.
For more help with using Metronome Beats, see our blog posts:
djay transforms your Android device into a full–featured DJ system. Seamlessly integrated with Spotify and all the music on your device, djay gives you direct access to mix your favorite songs and playlists instantly. You can perform live, record mixes on–the–go, or enable Automix mode to let djay create a seamless mix for you automatically. Whether you are a professional DJ or a beginner who just loves to play with music, djay offers you the most intuitive yet powerful DJ experience on an Android device.
• Spotify integration
• Music library integration (all files on your device, no access to Google Play Music)
• Match: intelligent song recommendation engine powered by The Echo Nest
• Audio FX: Flanger, Phaser, Echo, Gate, Bit Crusher
• Mixer, Tempo, Pitch-Bend, Filter and EQ controls
• Looping & Cue Points
• Colored HD Waveforms™
• Live Recording (local music only)
• Sampler with included sound FX, drums, and an exclusive pack by Snoop Dogg
• Single Deck portrait mode
• Pre-Cueing with headphones (using Griffin DJ Cable)
• Advanced time-stretching (requires quad-core Nexus device)
• Automatic beat & tempo detection
• Support for all major audio formats
• Support for Bluetooth devices
• Support for DJ MIDI Controller (Reloop Beatpad)
Watch DMC Champion DJ Rasp perform on djay for Android:
Spotify integration requires Spotify Premium and an internet connection, a FREE trial is available.
Tempo gives you the features you need without sacrificing usability. Its engine is written from the ground up for high accuracy and stability. Over that is wrapped an attractive and comprehensive single-screen interface. Flashing LEDs also serve as buttons to customize beats, enabling the creation of complex rhythms.
- 8 different time signatures: 1-5/4, 3/8, 6/8, 9/8
- 6 rhythm patterns for simple meters and 3 for compound meters
- Works in both portrait and landscape
- Visual feedback in the form of pulsating LEDs
- Customize accents or turn beats off to create more complex rhythms
- Tap tempo function
- Tempo ranges from 10 to 400
- 3 sounds sets
- Multi-tasking support; playback continues outside of app
Find out the lightning distance within a few taps using Thunder Buddy! You can view the thunderstorm's estimated location on Google Maps. Keep track of all the thunderstorms you ever survived, wherever whenever, in a clean history overview. And last but not least, read interesting facts about thunder & lightning.
A must have app for anyone who enjoys the power of nature during thunderstorms. But also for people who don't enjoy thunder & lightning but want to know the lightning distances & feel safe.
Whatever type of person you are, after downloading this app you will look forward to the next thunderstorm!
-Measure the lightning distance
-View the lightning distance on Google Maps
-Read fun and interesting facts
-Tips to stay safe
-Simple, clean & intuitive design
-Support for all major distance units: Meter (m), Kilometer (km), Foot (ft), Yard (yd), Mile (mi)