Get current and precise weather conditions (METAR) as well as weather forecasts (TAF), which are used by pilots for their flight preparations. You can choose worldwide airport weather stations from the built-in database by either name, ICAO or IATA code. Data will be shown in its original format or fully decoded into easy understandable texts.
** NOTE: in order to display temperatures in Fahrenheit, switch off "Show original units"!
- shows additional information like sunrise/sunset, station location/elevation, timezone, and daylight saving adjustment
- optionally displays all times in GMT or in the station's local time
- supports US and metric units
- display/adding of nearby stations
This Lite version is restricted to 6 stations on the dashboard at any one time.
A Pro version is available and contains additional functionality including:
* Desktop widget(s)
* Multiple dashboards (group your stations)
* Unrestricted dashboard
* Sortable dashboard.
* Auto refreshing.
* Adjustable FRI rules.
* IATA codes.
* METAR history.
It's created by Cybercom Poland for pilots, aviation passionates and people who need accurate weather information. We are a high-tech software consulting company located in Poland. We create software for connected world. Find out more at: http://www.cybercom.pl/
- Database provides above 4000 airports with details like location, elevation, type of airport, using radio frequencies, departures and arrivals;
- METARs, TAFs and NOTAMs
- Marking airports on a map with different colors and icons depending on the weather and type of airport
- CloudView to visualise cloud layers.
- METARs history
- Setting pages with fully customized to your preferences units
- Searching for airports by ICAO, IATA, City, Country or Name
- Dashboard with your favorite airports
- Nearby airports
- Customizable flight's categories (VFR,MVFR,IFR,LIFR)
FAQ: (updated for Wearable and Backup/Restore support!) http://goo.gl/VAMzij
Metam is everything you've wanted for your global aviation weather needs and more:
1. At its core, you create lists of airports important to you, either individual, or along a flight path. Display their METARs in parsed or raw format, access color highlighted TAFs quickly, cryptic Snowtams are decoded for you into plain language, access NOTAMs and forecasts efficiently.
2. Metam offers a side menu full of aviation weather charts and imagery. Current observations, forecasts, flight level winds and temperatures, satellite, radar, operations and more.
3. You can now overlay global METAR, SIGMET, G-AIRMET and CWA data onto maps (Android 3.0+ only). Also radar/precipitation or IR satellite. Also, you can now enter custom ceiling and visibility minimums to quickly see airports that meet your personal or company visibility/ceiling requirements. Tap on any airport or overlay to get the full METAR/TAF/TEXT for that airport/overlay.
4. Need quick access to raw METARs and TAFs on your Wearable? As of version 4, this is supported too. Use "OK Google, start Aviation Weather"!
Metam is and will remain 100% ad free and uses the minimum of permissions to get you what you need. In-app purchase is only included to offer the user a method to donate, if they choose. Using Holo UI, Metam offers a comfortable, familiar experience compatible on devices back to Android 2.3 (except Maps, which requires 3.0 and up).
Weather charts included with Metam:
UNITED STATES (most ADDS products):
* Advisories: SIGMET and Oceanic SIGMET
* Observations: Composite map, PIREP map, METAR map, Satellite, Radar
* Forecasts: Surface Prognostic Charts, Upper Air charts (wind & temps), AIRMET charts, Graphical Turbulence Guidance
ALASKA AVIATION UNIT:
* Hourly observations, graphical forecasts, SigWX charts
* Observations: Static and animated satellite, regional satellite
* Forecasts:European Surface, Europe SigWX/Upper Air, Canada/North Atlantic, Upper Air Wind/Temp, 24 hour SigWX
* Products: US Airport& Airspace Status, Daily North Atlantic Tracks Graphics
Why use Metam?
* Airport input flexibility: Individual airport listings (NZCH WSSS EGLL) or flight path listing (KJFK-KSFO)
Supports IATA: Use IATA code (LHR, JFK) if you prefer
* Flight path input lists all airports along the great circle route within 10 NM of the flight path, supports multiple airport waypoints (airports only, no navaids)
* Four different weather list formats: Formatted weather, METAR only, TAF only or METAR & TAF listings
* Long-press on an airport for: Six hour METAR history, sunset/rise times, show nearby airports and more
* Multiple cloud layer display: Metam shows up to three reported cloud layers
* NOTAM: Cached for offline use, parsed effective times (Android 2.3 and up only)
* Global airport database: Look up ICAO by airport name
* Snowtam decoder: Snowtam codes in plain language
* Widgets: Single airport with raw METAR or parsed.
* METAR & TAF Highlighting:Color codes raw METAR and TAF text
* Displayed unit choices: User chooses
* Ad Free: Metam will never include ads
Precise location: nearby airports
Read/modify/delete USB storage: Google Maps required
Network access/view network connections: download data
Read Google service: Google Maps required
Google Play billing: In-app donation (optional)
Metam User group:
A Widget which can be configured to display either decoded or raw METAR is also available.
New weather stations can be found worldwide by ICAO or IATA-Codes, airport name or city.
On Android 5+ the app uses a modern Material design.
The map has the standard pinch/zoom capability which allows you to smoothly zoom and pan around the United States and see what the weather is like anywhere.
MyRadar shows animated weather, so you can tell if rain is headed toward or away from you, and how fast.
In addition to the free features of the app, a few additional upgrades are available; see severe storm warnings for your area, as provided by the National Weather Service, and real-time hurricane tracking - great for the start of hurricane season!
MyRadar currently only shows weather in the United States, and only in the 48 contiguous states - not Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico.
Download MyRadar today and try it out!
Takeoff is the only aviation weather app to understand that you want to fly safe, in weather that YOU feel comfortable with. Takeoff gives easy-to-see, color-coded warnings and information based on your own personal minimums; Takeoff understands what the sky looks like to you, not to some computer. Combining accurate and reliable data from official sources, Takeoff is a trusted tool used by pilots the world over.
Takeoff makes it easy to find the airport you need
• Find airports near your current location using GPS
• Find airports along a route
• Find airports in a region
• Save a list of your favorite airports for quick access
With list and map-based views of the weather, Takeoff gives you a high level view in any region instantly.
TAKEOFF KEEPS YOU SAFE
75% of fatal weather-related accidents start with pilots voluntarily flying into poor weather. Takeoff helps you to easily and reliably understand if the weather is right for YOU. Get personalized warnings based on cloud ceilings, visibility, total winds, runway crosswinds temperatures, dew point spread, density altitude, and more! By providing clear warnings based on your personal minimums, Takeoff helps you stay disciplined and keeps you from becoming a statistic.
Find what you want without hassle:
• Personalized METAR reports
• Color-coded TAF display
• NOTAMs for airports around the globe
• METAR History
• Winds Aloft, AIRMETs, SIGMETs and PIREPs (U.S. Only)
• Hundreds of weather Graphics, including Animated Radar
• AF/D Page (U.S. Only)
• Metric and Imperial unit support
TAKEOFF SAVES YOU TIME
Takeoff calculates crosswinds for every runway and gives personalized warnings based on limits dictated by YOU. Takeoff even provides shortcuts to common websites to allow you to quickly file flight plans and look up TFRs.
EASILY LOOK INTO THE FUTURE
Simply enable Time Machine with a tap, and drag a slider through time to watch how your airports weather reports change based on forecasts.
IDEAL FOR THE COCKPIT
Takeoff keeps the most recent reports ready and available on your device, so that you always have the information you need, even when you’re offline!
SYNCS TO YOUR DEVICES
With Takeoff Sync, you can synchronize all your devices to keep you safe and up to date wherever you are—absolutely free.
TRUSTED BY PILOTS. DEVELOPED BY PILOTS.
Takeoff was developed by pilots like you, who understand what information you need to fly safely.
⚠ Takeoff relies on NOAA METAR and TAF reports. Airports must report METAR/TAF information in order for Takeoff to provide reports. Takeoff is not a substitute for official flight planning and weather information, and by using Takeoff, you agree not to hold the developers liable for any inaccuracies or misrepresentations. ⚠
- NOWrad Radar: The most timely interactive radar for North America that also does real-time storm cell tracking and map-based weather alerts. Uses the state-of-the-art merging of doppler radars from NOAA, FAA, Environment Canada, and other meteorological agencies
- Future Radar using state-of-the-art TruPoint(sm) technology. Now you can see not only where the rain or snow is, but also where it’s expected to be
- See current condition trends, as well as average and record temperatures
- Temperature, precipitation (rain or snow), UV index, and wind speed graphs
- Combined radar and satellite layers, for the Continental US, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, Caribbean, parts of Mexico
- High-resolution temperature, wind speed, and snow cover layers
- Plot earthquakes in real-time, track hurricanes, typhoons, and tropical cyclones, and use our Exclusive Road Weather index to see weather-related road hazards
- NOAA NWS and Environment Canada Watch & Warning areas on the map
- Alert Notification: Get time-critical National Weather Service warnings for the United States even when you’re not in the Intellicast app. Such as tornado, severe thunderstorm, flood, and blizzard. NOTE: For a full list of critical alerts, please see the in-app help.
- Display Fronts, Highs and Lows on the interactive map.
Our mission is to bring advanced expert weather content and tools to weather sensitive decision makers. We are part of The Weather Company which includes The Weather Channel, weather.com, WSI Corporation, Weather Central, and Weather Underground.
Check us out at www.intellicast.com
and allows you to instantly decode aviation weather information.
How to use MetarDroid :
From home screen search for an airport by entering its ICAO code (ex. EDDF) or multiple airports by entering different ICAO codes separated by spaces (ex. EDDF EGLL EGCC).Tick “Taf” checkbox on the right if you also want to download taf information.
Press “Fetch weather” button to download latest metar information from NOAA website or the “Reset” button to clear text from the search box.
Note: some airports might not be available or recent metar information could be missing. In this case a “No METAR found” message will appear.
If metars are found a list will appear that shows for each station its raw metar information followed by taf information. Also a flight category appears at the top right corner saying if the station is in VFR, MIFR or IFR conditions.
From this screen you can add the station or the group of station as a favourite search by pressing on ( Add this search to favourites) at the bottom of the screen. A Dialog box appears when you can give your search a name you like.
For example if you looked for EGCC EGNX EGGP metar you can save the search as “Northern England”. This search will appear on the home screen.
Simply press on the raw text of the metar or taf to get raw metar or raw taf decoded to plain text. From the decoded metar screen you can still save your search or visualize the raw text of metar again. You can also get more station information by pressing on “Station” button or on the airport name at the top of the screen.
Access the settings menu (by pressing the “menu button” on your device to change some settings for this app.
”Theme color” settings lets you decide from blue or black color combination.
“Default Location” lets you choose a default station to show metar information on the home screen from your favourite location.
Please note that you have to enter a valid ICAO code when dialog box appears or leave the textbox empty to clear this preference.
Please contact me via email for any feedback or suggestion
Discover the first Personal Weather Station made for Android phones and its App!
A Netatmo Weather Station is required. Find out more about the Netatmo Weather Station at www.netatmo.com.
Become a contributor and be part of this unique Personal Weather Station network: measure locally with your Netatmo Weather Station, monitor directly from your phone with the Netatmo app!
-Access your station’s measurements (temperature, humidity, barometer, felt-like temperature, CO2 and air quality) directly from your phone.
-Intuitive and easy navigation! Swipe between outdoor measurements and indoor measurements in one easy gesture.
EVENTS AND NOTIFICATIONS:
-Notifications for peak and variation events (CO2 concentration, extreme temperatures, low and high pressures…).
-Automatically logs events in your personal timeline.
-7 days of forecast, available at your exact Netatmo Weather Station location!
The PRO version contains additional functionality beyond the Lite version including:
* Multiple dashboards (group your stations)
* Unrestricted dashboard
* Sortable dashboard.
* Adjustable FRI rules.
* Auto refreshing.
* IATA codes.
* METAR history.
The Pro version has free upgrades for the life of the product.
The price of the Pro version may increase as more functionality is added, so it's worth considering buying early!
If you have any enhancements that you would like to see included in the Pro version, please email us.
There is also a Lite version of AirReport available.
Please Note - we can't respond to comments posted on the market; PLEASE EMAIL US... we may be able to help you quickly! and it's always great to hear from people who use the app.
This app is not designed to search for cities or towns; to get weather information you need to put in the ICAO airport/base identifier. These are four letter identifiers like KMDT (Middletown, PA), PAKN (King Salmon, AK), and KIAD (Dulles, VA). Or put in IATA identifiers, which are three letter identifiers like IAD (Dulles, VA).
Lastly, since this app is a pet project so there are no guarantees. If you find any bugs or have suggestions for new features feel free to e-mail me.
The new Weather Underground Android app provides the world's most accurate hyper-local weather forecasts in addition to interactive radar, satellite maps and severe weather alerts. Powered by our unique community of weather enthusiasts reporting live data from weather stations in their own backyards, this crowd-sourced data generates forecasts targeted to your precise location.
With severe weather alerts, Weather Underground is your essential app during severe weather events. Our interactive map (WunderMap) displays animated radar and satellite data to track storms, as well as providing specific map presets for tracking hurricanes and wildfires. Customize your experience by dragging and dropping the content modules on the main screen of the app
WHAT MAKES THIS WEATHER APP DIFFERENT TO OTHER APPS?
WE FILL IN THE GAPS
Our 100,000+ personal weather stations report the most localized weather conditions. The data that we collect from our user-owned weather stations fills in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts - meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood.
INTERACTIVE WEATHER & RADAR MAP
The most interactive weather map (WunderMap) on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays including current conditions from our personal weather station network, animated radar, satellite, webcams and severe weather. Customize the map by selecting specific data layers or choose from the various map presets such as severe alerts, fire risk, active fires, hurricane and webcams.
- Sky reports let you tell us if the sky conditions we’re reporting are what you're actually observing. If you see something different you can report the conditions you're experiencing for the benefit of other app users.
- Hazard reports allow you to report any hazardous road conditions you experience to help other people in your area.
ABOUT WEATHER UNDERGROUND
Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 30,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
- Status notification: instantly view your current temperature and condition on the notification bar
- Current conditions from your local weather station include temperature, feels like temperatures, wind speed & direction, humidity, dew point, visibility, pressure, gusts and moon phase
- 10-day Forecasts including text summary
- Hourly Forecasts including sunrise and sunset
- Historical data
- Interactive Map showing all the personal weather stations in your neighborhood with animated radar, satellite, webcams and much more data
- List view of saved Favorite Locations and Recent Searches
- Crowd reporting feature empowers users to verify our data and send their own Sky Reports and Hazard Reports
- Twitter Integration – share weather data straight onto your Twitter handle and follow the latest weather trends on the Wunderground Twitter Feed
- Snow and Winter Sport reports
- Hazard Reports allow users to share dangerous road conditions in their area
- Share severe alerts with your friends and family
- Purchase ad free subscriptions for $1.99 per year
- New widgets: 1x1 and 2x2!
- Choose Light or Dark mode
- Customize your experience by sliding the weather information up and down
- Switch between Best Forecast™ & NWS Forecast
- Weather commentary from Dr Masters
- National Weather Service Radio
Most Android devices still do not have a barometer, ambient thermometer, or hygrometer. See the (probably incomplete) COMPATIBILITY list below for devices that this app is useful with.
For those who desire more, consider donating by purchasing Weather Station Pro. PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE FREE VERSION OF WEATHER STATION FIRST to make sure your device has the sensors for the types of readings you want.
***IF UPGRADING FROM v184.108.40.206 OR LOWER TO v2.0.0 OR HIGHER YOU WILL HAVE TO UNINSTALL THE OLD VERSION AND REBOOT FIRST. A "-24" error code appears during update. This error doesn't affect the app and only appears when you try to update. It is recommended you uninstall the old version of the app and reboot your device before reinstalling. If you don't want to update you can disable auto updates for the app in Google Play.
• No ads
• Depending on device, supports: Ambient Temperature, Pressure, Relative Humidity, Absolute Humidity, Dew Point, Mixing Ratio, Heat Index, Illuminance, |Magnetic Field|, and Barometric, GPS, & Density Altitude
• Graphs with details including 24 hour and 7 day hi & lo markers
• Pro only: 14 day graphing
• Pro only: 14 day hi & lo markers on graphs also
• Pro only: Multi-Series graphing able to graph any number of (normalized) reading types
• Pro only: Ongoing Status Bar Notification (ideal for Temperature but can be used for any of the reading types in the range of -20 to 120)
• Pro only: Sunrise/Set info
• Pro only: Moon info
• Notification alerts
• Records set by your device
• Share screenshots
• Printing support (Android KitKat+)
• Unit choices for temperature/dew point/heat index (°F, °C, K), pressure (mb, inHg, kPa, atm, Torr, psi, hPa, mmHg), absolute humidity (g/m³, kg/m³), mixing ratio (g/kg, kg/kg), and elevation/altitude (ft, m)
• Pressure can be adjusted to mean sea level using the Altimeter Setting
• Use GPS provided elevation/altitude for pressure adjustments
• 5 widget types (4x1, 1x4, and 3 1x1) with 3 style choices (on Android 4.2+ these widgets are also available for the lock screen)
• Widgets are highly customizable including text color and size
• Pro only: Full size widget with icons
• Pro only: Widgets have several color theme choices
• Pro only: Light and dark application themes
• Indicators for rising/falling/steady readings
• 24 hour hi & lo readings on main screen
• Calibration of raw values output by sensors
• Pro only: Experimental battery temperature based calibration for offsetting inaccurate ambient temperature and relative humidity readings
• Export background readings to .txt files
• Pro only: Unlimited Auto Logging of background readings with geo coordinates to .txt files
• Localized numbers and dates & times
• Pro only: Settings and data from Weather Station v2.0.0 or higher can be transferred to Pro on first start
The 'About' section in the app has much more detail on how Weather Station works.
Devices with a hygrometer, thermometer, and barometer:
Note 3 (III)
Devices with only a barometer:
Note 2 (II)
RAZR MAXX HD
XYBOARD 8.2 & 10.1
XOOM 1 & 2
HTC One (M8)
*Precise location... for GPS elevation/altitude; Moon and Sun info and Auto Logging of coordinates
*Modify/delete/read USB/SD card storage contents... for exporting/logging background readings to .txt files; screenshots
*Prevent device from sleeping... for background readings and battery temperature based calibration services; the screen wake lock troubleshooting setting
*Run at startup... to restart background readings and the ongoing status bar notification after a reboot
*Control vibration... on a notification alert
Sensitive Altimeter does not use altitude information from satellite navigation systems.
The application will not display ads, Internet connection is used only to get the weather observations.
For more information, see the project page.
AD PUSHERS AND FAKE "REVIEWERS" PLEASE DO NOT WRITE
4 independent PLL are tracking first harmonics of the string and show the deviation on a scale in cents.
Four different scales available:
-150 .. +150 (10 cents division)
-75 .. +75 (5 cents division)
-30 .. +30 (5 cents division)
-15 .. +15 (1 cent division)