The Pit Pal enables more consistent BBQ through the use of historical tracking of cooks and results taking into account common BBQ variables such as the temperature and duration of the cook, or the sauce/rub combination, or even the type of wood used or the weather at the time of the cook. Tracking these variables allows the pit master to look back at previous cooks and continue to cook and tweak variables until the perfect combination is hit. And then have the data to replicate that combination at any time.
This is a technique that teams on the BBQ competition circuit have been using for years only with a pen & paper or excel spreadsheets. The intent of The Pit Pal is to take this technique, leverage technology to improve on it, and help people with a passion for BBQ produce great food.
* Easy to use interface for entering your cook and food details.
* Quick notes for one-click entry of common events such as mopping, adding coal, adding wood, saucing, foiling, etc.
* Ability to track history for multiple foods during a cook.
* Add temperatures for your cook and track via easy to read charts and graphs.
* Easily export your cooks to Word, Excel, XML, or Text files for sharing, backup, or offline viewing.
* Cook & food notifications for time & temperature.
* Ability to add detailed notes to your cook stored in a cook archive.
* Rate your cooks so you can track the outcome for future reference.
* Take pictures of your end product direct from The Pit Pal which automatically store in cook archive.
*** Direct integration with the BBQ Guru CyberQ WIFI and STOKER WIFI ***
* View your smoker and food temperatures real time direct from you Android device.
* Track and graph your temperatures to see exactly what is happening on your cook.
* Direct access to the guru and stoker web console.
* Temperature notifications utilizing the internal device notification manager.
* FREE Backyard Edition – This is the baseline version. Does not include photos, charting, data export and other pro features. Max cook history of 5. Has a couple non-intrusive ads.
* FREE Competitor Edition – This is the promo version released to Brethren and BBQ Guru and Stoker BBQ customers prior to the official release. It includes all functionality (including photos, charting, etc) up to this release. Max cook history of 5. Has small non-intrusive ads. Will have access to some future enhancements with the ability to upgrade as needed.
* PAID Competitor Edition – This is the full blown version with all functionality, unlimited cook history, no advertising, and access to all future enhancements. It also helps support further development of The Pit Pal and funds future enhancements. We think the price is extremely reasonable considering it probably costs more to buy a pen & paper these days :)
No matter where you are or how big your egg is - the perfect egg timer for perfect eggs is the solution!
The perfect egg-timer is based on scientific proof and because every egg is different, the timer calculates the exact cooking time based on egg size, altitude and temperature.
Usage: In order to measure the exact size of your egg, simply place it on your Android-Phone and set the size using your fingertip for. Determine your current altitude (or let it be determined by GPS), tell your Android-Phone if you kept your eggs in the freezer or at room temperature and how you would like to have your eggs – soft-boiled, hard-boiled or something in-between.
Place your eggs in a single layer in a saucepan. Add enough cold water to just cover the eggs. Bring them to a rapid boil over high heat and start the countdown. The Android-Phone will signal when the eggs are done. The attraction: The egg spy lets you see the changes inside your boiling egg!
-the formula for the perfect egg-timer is based on physical experiments and studies
- Egg-size can be adjusted to the nearest millimetre (inch): Simply place the egg on the Android-Phone scale and set the size with your fingertip. It doesn’t get any more accurate than this.
- Automatic change of measurement units between inch or millimeter and fahrenheit or celsisu, depending on language and international settings.
- determine and enter your altitude manually or let it be determined by GPS automatically.
- The egg-spy shows you the inside of your egg during the cooking progress
- Scientific calculation of cooking time
- Selection of egg size, start temperature and altitude calculation via GPS
- Expert mode with detailed weight- and temperature selection
- Possibility to switch units (Gramm - Ounce, Celsius - Fahrenheit, Meter - Feet)
- Supports EU, US and RU egg classes
Try the free version first and by the pro version if you like it and want to support the developer. Pro version is Ad Free and supports App2SD
-Tired of googling smoking cooking instructions?
-Want a BBQ Smoking Guide for instant access at all times?
With BBQ Smoking Guide, you can instantly calculate the total cook time by sliding the tab from left to right. The slider will indicate the weight of meat that you're planning on smoking. No more GUESSING how long you need to leave the meat smoking!!
Along with a calculator for 52 different meats and cuts including Ribs, Brisket, Chicken, Pork, Turkey, etc BBQ Smoking Guide also provides step by step instructions on how to cook each meat.
This application works with ALL Android devices including Tablets.
Get the free Egg Timer - the only one that can boil multiple different eggs at the same time and uses the Android notification bar to keep you up to date.
If you like the app buy Egg Timer Pro which is Ad Free and supports App2SD.
In case of any issue or suggestion please contact the developer instead of just doing a bad voting!
Explanation of needed permissions:
Location information -
is needed to get the current altitude to calculate the boiling point. At higher altitude the boiling point is lower than at sea level.
is needed to keep processor from sleeping and screen from dimming if selected in the options.
Full internet access, Phone state and Network state are needed for advertisement. Those rights are not required by the Pro version of Egg Timer.
Currently available in winter themed edition.
This convenient timer has various time scales making it usable whether you want to bake a cake, need an egg timer, or are preparing a stew. Smart snapping makes it easy to set up.
This kitchen timer can run in the background. So you will have your phone or tablet available for other purposes. And when your dishes require your attention, you will be alerted by an adjustable ringtone or optional vibration.
★ Easy to setup, just swipe the disc.
★ Winter themed background imagery (optional)
★ Designed to be used on phones and tablets, in portrait and landscape orientation
★ Can be active in the background, you can still use your phone or tablet
★ Wake the phone from its lock, or sleep, when the time has come
★ Override silent mode of your device (optional)
★ Time scales from seconds to hours to support all recipes
★ Selectable alarm tones & optional vibration
★ Can keep the screen on or dimmed, so you can see progress at a glance
★ Adjustable alarm volume (use the volume buttons)
★ Adjustable alarm duration
★ Can be installed on SD-card (on supporting devices)
Enjoy creating delicious dishes, with the KitchenPearl Kitchen timer!
Simply enter the diameter of the egg (or measure it with the integrated measuring function), select the desired hardness and voila: you get your perfectly boiled egg.
The built-in egg timer reminds you, when the egg is ready to eat.
The cooking time is determined by a specific formula and is only accurate if you enter all values as accurately as possible. Whether soft boiled or hard-boiled egg, have fun cooking with this egg boiler!
We take no liability for the calculated values.
- Soft boiled egg (3 minutes)
- Medium boiled egg (4 minutes)
- Hard-boiled egg (5 minutes)
Did you like this app, we would appreciate a positive rating. If you have suggestions, do not hesitate to send us an email and we will try to continue to improve the app. ;)
triomis Egg Timer is a simple application and is not better than a traditional egg or kitchen clock. Only that you don’t have these things always at hand, for example in the vacation home . When you cook eggs or noodles, or bake a cake when frying you may use the clock on your oven. Unfortunately, you hear this no more, when leaving the kitchen. However, your Phone, you have always with us. The triomis Egg Timer reminds you that the eggs or the cakes are ready.
Not only in cooking helps triomis Egg Timer. Always if you want to be reminded of things you can use the timer for example, if your children are playing again with your Phone or watch TV.
The App remembers the time it takes for the water to boil, so next time you cook eggs, you only have to press the START button and the smArt Egg-Timer will show and tell you when the eggs are ready – if you, as a precondition, cook the eggs in a similar way again.
Great benefits and still so simple to use:
- Saves energy, as also the heat-up phase of the water begins to harden the eggs.
- Shorter overall time till eggs are ready.
- Very simple one-click operation.
- Progress-bar showing the hardness of the eggs.
- Different audio responses during the cooking from signal to cooking instructions.
- Computer-voice telling the progress of the cooking (text-to-speech)
- Simple selections of the egg size (S, M, L, XL).
- Selection of egg-size on single gram level for those who want it more accurate.
- Automatic detection of the altitude with GPS.
- Showing the reference time for a soft-boiled egg from the time the water boils.
- Supported languages: Initially German and English (more to come).
In the pro version you will also have the following features:
- Play audios from the Internet (will be extended over time)
- Record your own voice with the App. The voice will be played when eggs have the desired hardness.
Eggs with different sizes and different hardness can be cooked at the same time. Simply change the selected egg-size during the cooking-phase and the App shows the hardness of each egg-size.
Starting to put the eggs into cold water has the following additional advantage:
- Less risk that the eggs will burst
- Boiling-duration independent of the initial temperature of the eggs.
- A smaller pot can be used or more eggs can be cooked at the same time. Because, if the eggs are put into boiling water, there must be enough boiling water that the eggs do not cool down the boiling water too much and thus increasing the cooking time.
After I had been looking unsuccessfully for an egg-timer App which allows me to put the eggs into cold water (that’s how I learned it from my mother), I decided to write my own App.
The main problem actually was, that during the preparation of the breakfast I often missed the point to set the timer when the water boiled (this also happened to my mother). And then the big question was: for how long had the eggs boiled? And in this situation I did not care much about energy saving! But this is all water under the bridge now.
Many eggs have been cooked and eaten before I finally decided to put the smArt App into the market; smArt, the “simple Art” to cook eggs.
Try it out. It is for free!
If you like the App, please share it with others. Because preventing wasting of energy should be in the interest of all of us.
Note: The smArt Egg-Timer actually also supports putting the eggs into boiling water, e.g. if boiling water is already available.
INCLUDES beef, chicken, lamb, pork, seafood and vegetable cuts and heat levels
GRILL TEMPS grilling temperatures from rare to well-done
GRILL TIMES recommended cooking heat level as well as approximate grilling times
GRILL TIPS expert tips for grilling to perfection
USDA recommended cooking temps
Next time you fire up the grill, Grill Simple will tell how long it takes to perfectly cook beef, chicken, pork, seafood, vegetables and fruit. – regardless of your guests’ doneness preference.
Send us other foods you'd like included and we will add them in our future updates. Email: email@example.com
von Dr. August Oetker Nahrungsmittel KG
Mit „Dr. Oetker Rezeptideen“ haben Sie über 1.000 leckere Koch-, Back-, Einmach- und Dessertrezepte überall und jederzeit dabei – ob zu Hause, im Büro oder unterwegs beim Einkaufen.
Sie stehen im Supermarkt und haben noch keine Idee, was Sie zum Mittag- oder Abendessen zubereiten wollen?
„Dr. Oetker Rezeptideen“ erleichtert Ihnen die Rezeptauswahl:
1. Wählen Sie Ihre Kategorie (Backen, Kochen, Dessert oder Einmachen),
2. entscheiden Sie sich für die Rezeptart und
3. wählen Sie die Zubereitungszeit aus.
Diese drei Entscheidungen reichen aus und Sie bekommen tolle Rezeptvorschläge ganz nach Ihren Wünschen. Und wenn Sie mal gar keine Vorstellung haben, was Sie kochen oder backen wollen: einfach Ihr Smartphone schütteln...
Jedes einzelne Rezept wurde von der Dr. Oetker Versuchsküche entwickelt, zubereitet und auf Gelingsicherheit getestet. So können Sie sich jederzeit sicher sein, nach einem Rezept zu arbeiten, das gelingt und schmeckt!
Die App im Überblick:
- Einfache Rezeptauswahl
- Jedes Rezept mit appetitlichem Foto
- Rezeptvorschau mit großem Rezeptbild
- Übersichtliche Step by Step Beschreibung in den Rezepten
- Einfacher Rezeptversand aus der App per E-Mail
- Einfaches Publizieren von Rezepten auf Facebook und Twitter
- Favoritenfunktion (Favoriten sind auch offline verfügbar)
- Einkaufslisten zum Abhaken (Einkaufslisten sind auch offline verfügbar)
- Eieruhr (= „Timer“) als Küchenhilfe
- Monatlich neue Rezepte immer aktuell
- Praktische Suchfunktion
- Sortierung nach speziellen Anlässen (z.B. Party oder Brunch)
- Zufallsrezept durch Schütteln des Geräts
Bei Fragen und Anregungen senden Sie bitte eine E-Mail an: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bitte beachten Sie, dass eine Internet-Verbindung notwendig ist, um die Rezepte innerhalb der Applikation anzeigen zu können.
Ihre Lieblingsrezepte (= Favoriten) und die Einkaufslisten sind aber selbstverständlich auch offline verfügbar.
finger over the screen. Ranging from 1 second to 12 hours. Press the menu
button to get into the settings menu. Can also be used as shower timer.
App can be stored on SD-card.
User manual: http://qweqweq.com/applabs/nonpro.html
* Innovative interface showing time remaining for Iftar/Sehar.
* Monthly view for Ramadan timings.
* Hijri (Islamic) calander
* Alarm options can be set to start selected minutes before Iftar/Sehar.
* Supports different time calculation methods.
* Complete Azan alarm can be heard when App is running in foreground
* Background alarm can be heard on device
Ramadan (Arabic: رمضان Ramaḍān, IPA: [rɑmɑˈdˤɑːn];[variations] Persian: Ramazān; Urdu: Ramzān; Turkish: Ramazan) is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar; Muslims worldwide observe this as a month of fasting. This annual observance is regarded as one of the Five Pillars of Islam. The month lasts 29–30 days based on the visual sightings of the crescent moon, according to numerous biographical accounts compiled in hadiths. The word Ramadan comes from the Arabic root ramida or ar-ramad, which means scorching heat or dryness. Fasting is fardh (obligatory) for adult Muslims, except those who are ill, travelling, pregnant, diabetic or going through menstrual bleeding.
While fasting from dawn until sunset, Muslims refrain from consuming food, drinking liquids, smoking, and engaging in sexual relations; in some interpretations they also refrain from swearing. Food and drink is served daily, before sunrise and after sunset.  According to Islam, the thawab (rewards) of fasting are many, but in this month they are believed to be multiplied. Fasting for Muslims during Ramadan typically includes the increased offering of salat (prayers) and recitation of the Quran.
Ramadan is a time of spiritual reflection, improvement and increased devotion and worship. Muslims are expected to put more effort into following the teachings of Islam. The fast (sawm) begins at dawn and ends at sunset. In addition to abstaining from eating and drinking, Muslims also increase restraint, such as abstaining from sexual relations and generally sinful speech and behavior. The act of fasting is said to redirect the heart away from worldly activities, its purpose being to cleanse the soul by freeing it from harmful impurities. Ramadan also teaches Muslims how to better practice self-discipline, self-control, sacrifice, and empathy for those who are less fortunate; thus encouraging actions of generosity and compulsory charity (zakat).
It becomes compulsory for Muslims to start fasting when they reach puberty, so long as they are healthy, sane and have no disabilities or illnesses. Exemptions to fasting are travel, menstruation, severe illness, pregnancy, and breast-feeding. However, many Muslims with medical conditions insist on fasting to satisfy their spiritual needs, and healthcare professionals must work with their patients to reach common ground. Professionals should closely monitor individuals who decide to persist with fasting.
While fasting is not considered compulsory in childhood, many children endeavour to complete as many fasts as possible as practice for later life. Those who are unable to fast are obliged to make up for it. According to the Quran, those ill or traveling (musaafir) are exempt from obligation, but still must make up the days missed later on.
Ramadhan Ramadan Ramzan Ramazan Taravih Taraweeh Tarawih Taraveeh Quran Fasting