The application allows the user to search pre-configured maps, located on the canterburymaps.govt.nz portal, accessed via a mobile device.
The mapping application contains the following features
for phones ..
* GPS - to locate where you are on the map
* Gallery of pre-configured maps
* Ability to turn mapping layers on/off
* Ability to switch base maps
* Pop-up windows with extra information on the map
* Quick search method for addresses within Canterbury
* Map legend support for the map loaded
* Help pages.
Additional features on tablets:
* Drawing graphics on the map
* Searching for map features on the map
* Identifying features on the map
* Share your map with others
* Measure on the map
* Locate positions on the map with coordinates.
★ 1. POSITION / SHARE ★
Share your location with one touch. The recipients will receive an e-mail or SMS with your current address and a link to online maps. On their smartphone they can open this link directly in the maps app and use it as the destination for driving directions.
With 'One Touch Location' kids can update their parents, partners each other, and friends can use it to find each other.
★ 2. TRACK ★
Track your location continuously on your personal One Touch Location profile page. Once you turn on tracking in the app and send a link to your friends they will know where you are on the move. Before sending you can check your Online Tracking Profile from within the app. GPS tracking that simply works!
★ 3. EXPLORE ★
Discover points of interest that match your interests around you while you are on your way. Perfect, if you are new in a city and looking for cafés or galleries for example.
➜ POSITION / SHARE Features:
● Uses GPS or network location providers
● Shows current address, which can be copied
● Send address, GPS position and link via e-mail or SMS
● Define quick access contacts
● Let the app speak the address
● Facebook integration: Publish directly to Facebook
● Share location on social networks like Twitter
● Add comment to Facebook post (Pro only)
● Up to five quick access contacts (Pro only)
● Set custom e-mail subject, CC and BCC (Pro only)
● More accurate location (Pro only)
● Switch position display (degrees/decimal) (Pro only)
➜ TRACK Features:
● Cloud based & real-time GPS tracking
● Your track is accessible online on your personal tracking profile
● Show your real-time track from within the app
● Share your real-time track via e-mail, SMS or publish it on Facebook or Twitter
● Access protection - you decide who can see your location
● Maps integration
● Fixed update interval of 10 minutes (free version)
● Define the tracking interval from 1 or 5 minutes to 6 hours (Pro or Ultimate only)
● Your track will be visible for 6 (free), 24 (Pro) hours or forever (Ultimate)
● Personalize your tracking profile (Pro only)
● GPX and KML export (Pro only)
● Tracking autostart and Tasker integration (Pro only)
➜ EXPLORE Features:
● Let the app search for points of interest in the background
● Get notified instantly
● Worldwide places database
● Facebook, Maps and Foursquare integration
● Adjust the search radius from 100m to 5000m (Pro only)
● Enter up to three search terms (Pro only)
The app is a perfect companion for
- hikers, mountain climbers and campers,
- runners and cyclists,
- children, kids and teenagers,
- field staff and drivers,
and everyone else who wants to send location traces. Sharing your location with Facebook friends with ‘One Touch Location’ is much easier than with Foursquare, Glympse, or similar apps - no need to register or log in. If you used Google Latitude you will find One Touch Location a useful GPS tool too.
★★★ One Touch Location: Share - Track - Explore ★★★
Free app to share and track your location and explore the world around you! Visit the official homepage at:
We ♥ to get feedback from our customers. If you have an issue or suggestion, please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walking tours included in this application are:
* Museums and Art Galleries (6 sights)
* The Cathedral and Grounds (10 sights)
* City Landmarks, Part I (9 sights)
* City Landmarks, Part II (9 sights)
* Nightlife Venues (7 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app is optimized for Android phone and tablet.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported on device without built-in GPS function).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
For more information please visit http://www.visitbath.co.uk.
From water sports and golf to seaweed baths and horse riding or even some leisurely fishing, the county has so much to offer. From the myths and legends of ancient Ireland to the poetry of Yeats and the music of Coleman, Westlife and Dervish, Sligo’s cultural and literary heritage is world famous and still actively celebrated. Sligo is host to Irelands biggest traditional festival this year. 350,000 visitors – Fleadh Cheoil 2014.
The Visit Bayswater app provides you with information, exclusive offers, recommendations, news and events in the Bayswater area, utilising the latest app technology.
An amazing mix of high-street brands and independent stores means Bayswater is a fantastic shopping destination to indulge in some serious retail therapy. Bayswater is just a stone’s throw from Hyde Park, and from small, boutique hideaways to the hotel big-players, the cosmopolitan area offers a varied mix of accommodation to suit all budgets.
Bayswater is drenched in cultural history and exciting things to see and do. Lovers of performance art will enjoy a stroll to Speakers’ Corner where Karl Marx, Lenin and George Orwell all voiced their ideals. Marble Arch, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey and the National Gallery are just a short walk away.
Bayswater truly comes alive after dark, with a heady mix of fantastic venues. Whether it’s a quiet drink in a traditional pub or a glamorous cocktail in the contemporary bars, you’ll find the perfect place to spend the evening.
It will guide you around the historical Royal Borough on the River Thames, where you can:
• Discover Kingston: Learn more about Kingston; from exploring the markets, finding out about the idyllic riverside or discovering the rich arts and culture scene.
• What’s On: Obtain up to date information about Kingston’s vibrant events programme, including May Merrie, Kingston Food Festival and the International Youth Arts Festival.
• What’s Near Me: This feature is useful for finding out what is near you, whether it is a restaurant or the Rose Theatre, you never know what could be around the corner.
• I’m In The Mood For: If you just want some inspiration why not try this feature for suggestions of activities etc. to match your mood.
• Latest Deals: Get live information about any deals or special offers available from Kingston businesses.
• I Want To Find: Looking for a shop or restaurant, then use this feature to search over 700 businesses including 500+ shops to find the one you need.
Extra functionality includes:
• Locate me – find out exactly where you are and see what’s nearby
• Share details of your visit on Facebook and Twitter
• Augmented reality
The Kingston App is brought to you by Kingstonfirst, the Kingston Business Improvement District.
An initiative between Dublin City Business Improvement District, local creative talent and business owners, the DublinTown app provides you with detailed information on the eclectic mix of shops, restaurants, bars, clubs, hotels, services and cultural attractions while utilising the latest app technology.
Whether it’s the theatre, latest club night, sporting event or festival DublinTown has it all! You’ll find everything you’re looking for day or night with a full events listing updated daily and there’s even some local stories for your reading pleasure.
This FREE app keeps you up-to-date on Dublin Town so get downloading!