The application allows the user to search pre-configured maps, located on the canterburymaps.govt.nz portal, accessed via a mobile device.
The mapping application contains the following features
for phones ..
* GPS - to locate where you are on the map
* Gallery of pre-configured maps
* Ability to turn mapping layers on/off
* Ability to switch base maps
* Pop-up windows with extra information on the map
* Quick search method for addresses within Canterbury
* Map legend support for the map loaded
* Help pages.
Additional features on tablets:
* Drawing graphics on the map
* Searching for map features on the map
* Identifying features on the map
* Share your map with others
* Measure on the map
* Locate positions on the map with coordinates.
Walking tours included in this application are:
* Museums and Art Galleries (6 sights)
* The Cathedral and Grounds (10 sights)
* City Landmarks, Part I (9 sights)
* City Landmarks, Part II (9 sights)
* Nightlife Venues (7 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app is optimized for Android phone and tablet.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported on device without built-in GPS function).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
More from developer
For more information please visit http://www.visitbath.co.uk.
An initiative between Dublin City Business Improvement District, local creative talent and business owners, the DublinTown app provides you with detailed information on the eclectic mix of shops, restaurants, bars, clubs, hotels, services and cultural attractions while utilising the latest app technology.
Whether it’s the theatre, latest club night, sporting event or festival DublinTown has it all! You’ll find everything you’re looking for day or night with a full events listing updated daily and there’s even some local stories for your reading pleasure.
This FREE app keeps you up-to-date on Dublin Town so get downloading!
It will guide you around the historical Royal Borough on the River Thames, where you can:
• Discover Kingston: Learn more about Kingston; from exploring the markets, finding out about the idyllic riverside or discovering the rich arts and culture scene.
• What’s On: Obtain up to date information about Kingston’s vibrant events programme, including May Merrie, Kingston Food Festival and the International Youth Arts Festival.
• What’s Near Me: This feature is useful for finding out what is near you, whether it is a restaurant or the Rose Theatre, you never know what could be around the corner.
• I’m In The Mood For: If you just want some inspiration why not try this feature for suggestions of activities etc. to match your mood.
• Latest Deals: Get live information about any deals or special offers available from Kingston businesses.
• I Want To Find: Looking for a shop or restaurant, then use this feature to search over 700 businesses including 500+ shops to find the one you need.
Extra functionality includes:
• Locate me – find out exactly where you are and see what’s nearby
• Share details of your visit on Facebook and Twitter
• Augmented reality
The Kingston App is brought to you by Kingstonfirst, the Kingston Business Improvement District.
The Visit Bayswater app provides you with information, exclusive offers, recommendations, news and events in the Bayswater area, utilising the latest app technology.
An amazing mix of high-street brands and independent stores means Bayswater is a fantastic shopping destination to indulge in some serious retail therapy. Bayswater is just a stone’s throw from Hyde Park, and from small, boutique hideaways to the hotel big-players, the cosmopolitan area offers a varied mix of accommodation to suit all budgets.
Bayswater is drenched in cultural history and exciting things to see and do. Lovers of performance art will enjoy a stroll to Speakers’ Corner where Karl Marx, Lenin and George Orwell all voiced their ideals. Marble Arch, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey and the National Gallery are just a short walk away.
Bayswater truly comes alive after dark, with a heady mix of fantastic venues. Whether it’s a quiet drink in a traditional pub or a glamorous cocktail in the contemporary bars, you’ll find the perfect place to spend the evening.