Stick Vault Hero is a colorful, single touch, side scrolling, pixelated/retro style, casual saga game. Your character (Hero) needs to pole (stick) vault through a gap in a wall that is placed in front of them, at the right side of the screen. The user needs to estimate the vertical distance that the wall gap has from the floor, so that when they are pressing onto the screen, the stick acquires the necessary length in order to pole (stick) vault the Hero through the gap!
You have 5 free lives to start with. This will help you get a handle of the game's mechanic but there's always the "REPLAY" option, which you can find on the "Game Over" Screen. Unlike other casual games, these 5 lives are not rechargeable because you can keep pressing "REPLAY" in order to keep playing for as long as you wish. During game play, when you crash on the wall, you have the choice to press the “Continue” button which costs 20 coins, the “Give Up” button and restart the level or to switch momentarily to watch a short movie and continue your game play for free.
There are five levels (the five continents) and each one has between eleven and twenty six sub-levels (major cities). Each continent is defined by its own ground color. You start off from the Americas and specifically from San Francisco in North America, to end up in Rio de Janeiro in South America. During your saga in this pixelated/retro style scenery you gain medals (bronze, silver and gold) in order to unlock the rest of the continents. You can switch to another continent at any moment to win more medals and coins. Each medal you win gives you an amount of in-game currency (coins).
There is also a locker room and a heroes’ room that allow you to buy, with the earned coins, various garments and decorations of a wide range of colors and shapes for your character and different head bands that define your avatar’s ethnicity based on flag colors, respectively. Coins can also be earned during game play, as they appear in some gaps for you to pick up while pole vaulting. In the case that you’re struggling to pass a level there is the option of buying power-ups.
- 5 free lives to help you get started with your casual saga.
- A unique representative pixelated/retro style background for each city of the world we chose, which has three states (switching from morning to afternoon to night and again to morning) as you progress in your saga.
- A simplified map of each continent to observe your progress and outlining the cities with the color of the medals earned in your saga.
- A locker room where you can buy and switch between a variety of accessories.
- A heroes’ list that lets you pick the desired ethnicity for your avatar (You can switch any time you like).
- Power-ups to help you pass a level. 1. Bigger Opening, which is self-explained 2. Slower Stick, which makes your pole expand and contract slower & 3. Shorter Level, which allows you to win the Olympic medals in less attempts.
- A 32 achievement list (e.g. Casual Jumper, Coin Collector, Pole Vaulter, World Leader etc. )
- Sharing scores and customized avatars to compete with your friends through Facebook and Google.
ATTENTION: The beta testers declared that the casual games are very addictive and you may spend hours trying to beat it!