Please support my work and GPL open-source software by buying the donation version of this program called aRDP Pro!
Some people have complained of issues after a major upgrade of the FreeRDP library in v3.8.7. I've made sure to upload older versions of aRDP (APK files) going back to at least v3.6.5 here:
If aRDP doesn't work for you, before writing a review, please post your question in the forum:
See below for setup instructions for Windows, and Linux.
If you need an VNC viewer, please search for aRDP's sister project bVNC in Google Play. In addition, a SPICE client named aSPICE is now part of the same project. Finally, if you are an oVirt, RHEV, or Proxmox user, you can check out Opaque VDI on Google Play as well.
Current known issues:
- Does not work for accounts with no password.
- Does not work for users with cyrillic letters in the user name.
aRDP is a secure, SSH capable, open source Remote Desktop Protocol client that uses the excellent FreeRDP library and parts of aFreeRDP. Its features include:
- Remote desktop control of computers running any version of Windows
- Remote desktop control of Linux computers with xrdp installed.
- Master password in the Pro version
- Multi-factor (two-factor) SSH authentication in the Pro version
- Sound redirection in the Pro version
- SDcard redirection
- Console mode
- Fine control over remote desktop session styling
- Multi-touch control over the remote mouse. One finger tap left-clicks, two-finger tap right-clicks, and three-finger tap middle-clicks
- Right and middle-dragging if you don't lift the first finger that tapped
- Scrolling with a two-finger drag
- Force Landscape, Immersive Mode, Keep Screen Awake options in Main Menu
- Dynamic resolution changes, allowing you to reconfigure your desktop while connected, and control over virtual machines from BIOS to OS
- Full rotation support. Use the central lock rotation on your device to disable rotation
- Multi-language support
- Full mouse support on Android 4.0+
- Full desktop visibility even with soft keyboard extended
- SSH tunneling for added security or to reach machines behind a firewall.
- UI Optimizations for different screen sizes (for tablets and smartphones)
- Samsung multi-window support
- SSH public/private (pubkey) support
- Importing encrypted/unencrypted RSA keys in PEM format, unencrypted DSA keys in PKCS#8 format
- Automatic connection session saving
- Zoomable, Fit to Screen, and One to One scaling modes
- Two Direct, one Simulated Touchpad, and one Single-handed input modes
- Long-tap to get a choice of clicks, drag modes, scroll, and zoom in single-handed input mode
- Stowable on-screen Ctrl/Alt/Tab/Super and arrow keys
- Sending ESC key using the "Back" button of your device
- Ability to use D-pad for arrows, and to rotate D-pad for some bluetooth keyboards
- Minimum zoom fits screen, and snaps to 1:1 while zooming
- FlexT9 and hardware keyboard support
- Available on-device help on creating a new connection in the Menu when setting up connections
- Available on-device help on available input modes in the Menu when connected
- Tested with Hackerskeyboard. Using it is recommended (get hackers keyboard from Google Play).
- Export/Import of settings
- Clipboard integration for copy/pasting from your device
- Choosing a different color depth
- Audio support
Instructions on how to enable Remote Desktop on Windows:
Instructions on using RDP with Linux:
- Install the xrdp package on Linux. Then, connect to your machine's IP/host name on the standard port with your Linux user name / password.
aRDP is the sister project of bVNC and they share a common code-base. GPL source code here: