A Free Proximity-based Social, Spiritual, Informational, and Educational Network App For and By Gay Catholics & Christians.
1. Who am I – Words of Hope, Faith and Inclusion for Gay Catholics and Christians from Pope Francis
2. Friends Near - If your mobile phone’s GPS service is turned on, and you allow the app to log in your location, you will be able to see, reach out and connect with others near you whether at home or on the road for work or fun. This feature can help local Gay Catholics and Christian Groups in setting up meetings or just connecting for coffee after your local service or mass.
3. Talk – Chat live with other Gay Catholics and Christians near or far. Start a discussion or join one already in place. Through this feature and the Write/Posting feature, you can post a time when you will be on live talk to address issues or questions of importance to you so that others can plan on joining you.
4. Write – Write and post up spiritual messages or questions that are on your mind to all or to the Pope or to God or anyone on this posting wall.
5. Meet – Find, join and attend one the many Gay Catholics and Christian Meetup Groups taking place nationwide and globally.
6. NY/LA Church – For those living in New York, and Los Angeles, this is a detailed look at the local Catholic and Christian Churches with active LGBTQ outreach, community and support services.
7. Gay Churches – Whether you are looking for Gay-friendly or affirming Catholic or Christian Church at home or on the road - Lists and directories of churches in the US and in some international locations.
8. Seek – Seek and you shall find a list of organizations, groups and initiatives for Gay Catholics and Christians where you can find additional information on subjects that may be of interest to you.
9. LGBTQ Families – A list of resources for Gay Catholic and Christian Families and Gay Marriage; including interactive MAPs showing progress of key initiatives of importance to LGBTQ Families.
10. Listen – A suggested list of radio and audio segments on issues and conversations relating to Gay Catholics and Christians.
11. Pray – A collection of prayers from Pope Francis and others.
12. Bible – For when you needed at home or on the road, the English - American Standard Bible.
13. Blogs – An active list of blogs on subject-areas and news of interest to Gay Catholics and Christians.
14. Watch – A suggested list of videos relating to Gay Catholics and Christians.
15. Inspir-Tunes – For those times, when we can all use some inspirational music, a diverse collection of inspiration tunes from the US, Brazil and other locations can be found here.
16. Twitter – CatholicLGBTQ – Our group’s twitter feed on timely news relating to Gay Catholics and Christians.
This free app was developed and created by a team of volunteers from "NYC's Gay Catholics and Christians Social Group". The group started as a small "After Sunday Night Mass" meetup discussion group to connect, dine and discuss how that Sunday's homily or recent LGBTQ news applied and impacted our lives as Gay Catholics and Christians.
The small group grew a bit, and today we are over 200. We come from all over the Tri-State area (NY, NJ, & CT); we are Lesbians, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Catholics and Christians of all ages and many different nationalities, and we are all at different stages of our spiritual search.
The features included here were all features that our team of volunteers wished they had now or had had along their spiritual journey, and our hope is that the app can help 1 person, and that maybe, that 1 person can help 1 other person.
The app is dedicated to Pope Francis, who through his words and questions, has inspired many LGBTQ believers to stay or come back to the table: An Open Table that our Lord Jesus Christ set for ALL of his Children, but a table that a few have tried for a very long time to keep closed to us and our LGBTQ Families