From the start of pregnancy to early parenthood, this app has been developed with the NHS to navigate your choices for maternity care in England.
• set your due date
• explore maternity units near you
• self-refer for care at your chosen maternity unit
• access information for all stages of your maternity journey
• make personalised plans for your care during pregnancy, birth and beyond
• keep track of your appointments and make notes
• access local contacts and information in specific NHS areas
• use the content without specifying an NHS area.
Mum & Baby has been developed in partnership between women, their partners, families and maternity staff from NHS trusts in North West London.
ORCHA, the Organisation for the Review of Care & Health Applications, has awarded its prestigious kitemark to the Mum & Baby app. When reviewed against 180 different criteria the app achieved 86%, the highest rating of any pregnancy and birth app tested by ORCHA.
Reviews and updates
The contents of the Mum & Baby app will be reviewed quarterly and updated accordingly by the North West London Local Maternity System - an approved panel of clinicians and service users to ensure that information given remains accurate, up-to-date and relevant for user.
The first version of Mum & Baby was launched in 2014 and was built through the initiative of Dr Sunita Sharma, Lead Consultant of Postnatal Services at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, supported CW+, the charity of Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (CWPLUS Registered Charity No.1169897). The app was subsequently expanded and updated, led by midwife project managers in the North West London ‘early adopters’ team in 2018 and 2019. This project would not have been successful without the ongoing support of CW+ and Imagineear and the North West London Local Maternity System.