Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
Being continuously inhabited for at least 3,000 years, Athens busts of energy and waits to be explored. Whether you are eager to wander through the picturesque courtyards and lanes of Plaka, visit the oriental bazaars and food markets of Monastiraki, or enjoy a frappe and spoon sweet in the wonderful patisseries and kafeneia, our tailor-made tours guide you through the city.
Forget about lengthy text based content and pay attention to the site itself while listening to the narrated information.
PocketGuide, the world’s leading audio city guide application, gives you tours by voice, revealing the best stories, insider hangouts and must-see sights in close to 100 major cities and tourist destinations. The app determines your location and a recording of your personal tour guide describes where you are – you don’t need to touch your phone or read from the screen. All the tours are developed by local experts who know their cities inside-and-out. You can choose from different themed tours, or just wander around the city and let PocketGuide inform you when an interesting site is nearby. The app can also record your trip: With one click you can create an amazing 3D video of the sights you see on your travels.
You can use the GPS-activated voice tours for free as long as your phone is online, but that means you will have to pay roaming charges. If you pay to download the tours, you can use them offline, and save on the cost of roaming. We charge a small fee for downloading the offline features because we need to reimburse the tour guides and cover our development costs. Other features you can get for free include a map that works offline and free use of the 3D tour.
• TOURS OFFERED BY LOCAL EXPERTS - Browse more than 400 tours guided by people who make sure you see the most exciting places.
• AUDIO GUIDED TOURS - It will guide you with clear audio cues and once you approach a sight it automatically starts to tell you about it
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - During your tour you can take photos and add comments; from this PocketGuide automatically creates a 3D video which you can easily share with your friends
• FIND GREAT PLACES - If you are tired, let our guides recommend you the best nearby restaurants and cafés
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE - Once you download a city, the whole content works in offline mode so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• OFFLINE MAP - Get a free offline map and navigate in the city easily while avoiding roaming charges.
Enjoyed the tours? Keep on traveling? Download PocketGuide's other versions available in other cities of Europe.
Packed with insider tips and in-the-know advice, this free Athens city guide will help you avoid all the tourist traps so you can experience the city like a local.
GuidePal’s intelligent and inspiring mobile city guides are created by a unique collaboration between city locals and leading travel journalist who handpick only the best their city has to offer.
Our travel guide provides an authentic experience all via the latest app technology, and will give you insider information on the best attractions, sights, shops, restaurants, nightlife (bars and clubs) and museums.
It’s all about travelling like a local with GuidePal.
- Offline map of Athens
- 100% offline – no roaming charges
- Augmented reality
- Sharing functions
- Travel itinerary
- Available for Android, iPhone, Blackberry and WP7 (Windows phone)
Up for more traveling in Greece or to other parts of the world? Check out one of GuidePal’s other 55+ city guides.
Features of Triposo’s guide to Athens:
* Complete background information
* A detailed sights section
* Mini guides for day trip destinations.
* An offline map of the city
We make great, interactive travel guides.
To make our guides we use the content that is freely available. Open content sites like Wikitravel, Wikipedia, World66 and Openstreetmap are among the best resources for any traveler. Our mission is to make that content relevant for you. So we mix and mash and annotate - and we distill great, relevant travel guides out of it.
We like open content. In fact some of us were involved in World66, one of the first open content travel guides on the web. Triposo's travel guides are very much a re-mix of open content out there.
Currently we're using content from: Wikipedia, Wikitravel, World66, Open Streetmaps, DMOZ and Chefmoz
We're big fans of these projects. If you stumble across some inaccurate information in this guide, we would appreciate it if you correct it on the web site of these projects.
A great holiday is the product of great planning, and GreekGuide.com gives you access to a world of insider tips, local secrets and holiday ideas at your fingertips to discover the city. Our specialized travel editors have thoroughly researched our content to give you an insider’s view of each destination, through local secrets and insider tips.
GreekGuide.com is a complete travel guide application that allows you to find whatever you need easily and quickly. Enjoy Athens like a local!
- Find the best suggestions for accommodation, food, entertainment, shopping and sights not to miss, along with insider tips to make your trip memorable.
- Access practical information even when offline.
- Find hidden gems and go off the beaten track, or enjoy being part of the crowd on planned routes and excursions.
- Get ideas and suggestions for short trips and organized tours for 1, 2 or 3 days.
- Tailored trip advice for singles, couples, families and seniors.
- Discover the most up to date directory of the Greek tourist industry with constantly revised content covering all tourist destinations.
Your personal on line guide to the city that was the cradle of civilization!
Athens. The city with the most glorious history in the world, a city worshipped by gods and people, a magical city. The enchanting capital of Greece has always been a birthplace for civilization.
Greece Athens is both a website and an application that will guide you through this amazing, unique city and all its beauties.
Greece Athens provides you with a series of services that offer you:
An extended list of categories with information for over 800 suggestions for accommodation, bar, restaurants, clubs, travel agencies, car rental, shops, yacht rental and a lot more.
Comprehensive and extensive information regarding all points of interest in the city (archaeological places, museums, beaches, graphic villages, etc) that will make your stay in Athens even more interesting.
Rich photographic material and videos (at least 12 photos in each category) so you can have a clear “picture” of all the places you are interested in visiting.
The option to find a complete guide regarding accommodation, villas, hotels, rooms to let while at the same time you have the option to book online the hotel of your choice. No matter how last minute your decision to visit Athens may be you can still find the ideal location to host your stay!
The application is:
Free for all users
Reliable with up to date information and friendly for android users.
A light application despite the extensive amount of information (texts, photos and videos) which does not occupy much of your phone’s space.
Download the application now and let Greece Athens be your guide at the palm of your hands during your stay in this amazing city with one of the richest histories!
Ο προσωπικός σας online οδηγός στην πόλη που αποτέλεσε λίκνο πολιτισμού!
Αθήνα. Η πόλη με την πιο πλούσια ιστορία στον κόσμο, μία πόλη που τη λάτρεψαν επώνυμοι και ανώνυμοι, μία μαγική πόλη. Η γοητευτική πρωτεύουσα της Ελλάδας που υπήρξε η γενέτειρα της δημοκρατίας και το λίκνο του πολιτισμού.
Ο online ταξιδιωτικός οδηγός Greece Athens είναι μια ιστοσελίδα και μία εφαρμογή που θα σας παρέχει όλες τις απαραίτητες πληροφορίες για την πόλη των Αθηνών.
Το Greece Athens σας παρέχει μία σειρά από υπηρεσίες που σας προσφέρουν:
Μια εκτενή σειρά κατηγοριών με πληροφορίες για πάνω από 800 προτάσεις για διαμονή, μπαρ, εστιατόρια, club, ταξιδιωτικά γραφεία, γραφεία ενοικιάσεως αυτοκινήτων, καταστημάτων για αγορές, ενοικίαση γιωτ αλλά και ακόμη περισσότερα.
Εκτενής αναφορές και πλούσια κείμενα με πληροφορίες αναφορικά με σημεία ενδιαφέροντος (αρχαιολογικούς χώρους, μουσεία, παραλίες, γραφικά χωριά, κλπ) που θα κάνουν την διαμονή σας στο νησί ακόμη πιο ενδιαφέρουσα.
Πλούσιο φωτογραφικό υλικό καθώς και βίντεο (τουλάχιστον 12 φωτογραφίες σε κάθε κατηγορία) για να έχετε μία ξεκάθαρη “εικόνα” των σημείων που σας ενδιαφέρουν.
Τη δυνατότητα να βρείτε ένα πλήρως ενημερωμένο κατάλογο καταλυμάτων, ενοικιαζόμενων δωματίων και ξενοδοχείων ενώ παράλληλα μπορείτε να πραγματοποιήσετε online κρατήσεις. Όσο και τελευταίας στιγμής να είναι η απόφαση του ταξιδιού σας, μπορείτε να βρείτε τον ιδανικό χώρο που θα σας φιλοξενήσει!
Η εφαρμογή είναι:
Δωρεάν για όλους τους χρήστες
Αξιόπιστη με έγκαιρες πληροφορίες, φιλική προς τους χρήστες του Android
Είναι ελαφριά εφαρμογή παρά τον μεγάλο όγκο των πληροφορίων, των εικόνων και των βίντεο που δεν θα επιβαρύνει τη μνήμη της συσκευής σας.
Κατεβάστε την εφαρμογή και αφήστε το Greece Athens να είναι ο οδηγός κυριολεκτικά στην παλάμη του χεριού σας κατά τη διάρκεια της παραμονής σας στην πόλη με την πιο πλούσια ιστορία!
The newly designed Athens Map app for Android phones and tablets makes navigating your places faster and easier. Find the best spots in town and the information you need to get there.
We spend several years to produce it. Now it is available on Android.We use vector map to greatly reduce the size of map data.Just download this app,no additional data should be downloaded.
Athens Map is a best turn-by-turn GPS navigation that you can try for free. High quality maps from Google map and other provider.
Athens Map Features:
• User tracking
• Route drawing on map
• Saving route coordinates
• Background mode
• Track running, walking, jogging, biking, driving
• Supports all android devices
• Find where to go
• Learn about places
• Get a personalized experience
• Tracking location via GPS/WIFI/cellular
Athens Airport app will provide you with complete insights on Athens, the various hotels as per your budgets, attractions like National Garden, New Acropolis Museum, Mount Lycabettus and many more. The hotels here showcase the ancient hidden royalty and are exclusively made. Divani Caravel Hotel, Plaka Hotel, Best Western Esperia Palace Hotel just to name a few. Athens Airport app will solve all your questions to tourism in Athens and help you in spending a relaxed and tension free holiday at the same time.
There are also a number of shopping places in the city, The Mall Athens in Athens is one of the biggest shopping centre here. There are various other malls to shop from. A day tour around the city will unveil to you the beauty and the value of the city which can be easily planned with this Athens Airport App.
This Athens Airport app is easy to use, it allows you to navigate through the maps of a city, get to know about the main city attractions, hotel tariffs and locations along with the flight details that will take you in and out of the city. It provides you with all the useful information that you might need. Just download this app and make your trips a worthwhile experience.
1. Provides you with a list of hotels of a city along with their websites
2. Gives you a description of each tourist spot of a city along with an image
3. You can navigate through the maps and find your way out
4. It will make you self dependent on trips and help you enjoy more
So, just download the Athens Airport App and let yourself free on holidays. Hope you have fun!
The app is designed to let a kid enjoy coloring pictures made available and thereafter sharing it on many platforms. If you have any issues with the app, or have any suggestions drop me a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Currently open Pharmacies and Gas Stations (including recent prices), Open Public Services, Hospitals and EOPYY Doctors of all kinds, Restaurants, Bars and Nightlife, ATMs and Banks, Wine Cellars and Patisseries, Museums and Archæological sites (including admission fees!), Super Markets.
- AthensBook has been and remains the only mobile application in Greece featuring live traffic conditions for more than 400 road segments, 24/7.
- Favorites are available in a number of categories with additional features, including social functionality under development!
- Use the Menu button on your Android™ device for a plethora of filtering and sorting options that turn this application into a daily companion, whether you're visiting or living in Athens. On the Main Menu of the 'Book you can 'Switch Location', to one of a number of predefined locations in and around Athens, or use your current location to browse for places near you.
- Add more places from the option on the main menu (use your menu button or tap the + option) or flag wrong/closed ones by long tapping to let us know that a place does not exist anymore.
Important: If you are using a Honeycomb device, please upgrade to ICS, if possible. Given its limitations and extremely small userbase we won't be explicitly supporting Android 3.x.
If you experience any issues please let us know via www.athensbook.gr. Stay in touch, be informed about current and future developments as well as daily notices about events and trends via our facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/athensbook) and twitter (@athensbook).
With this application you don't just have a presentation of the business directory of the city of Athens, but a really useful tool that will assist you in finding what you want regarding accommodation, food, cafe bars, your entertainment and your shopping.
Play with the filters and do your searches in Athens a game.
- Simple to use
- Ideal for quick search
- Handy for discerning travelers
- Based on the needs and desires of the user
The Go! Athens Application contains:
- Modules with rich material for the whole island
- Full Map and maps per category
- Go! Search Filters with many options
The Go! Athens Application is what you need for the city of Athens ... and it's totally free!
- Travel tips from thousands of travelers – with attractions, restaurants, shops, hotels, and nightlife.
- Browse place information (stored locally) offline.
- Augmented Reality Viewer to locate the attractions near you.
- Simple navigation from your current location to the selected address
- Full text search in categories and city boroughs
- “You Are Here” marker on maps: current location indicator.
- Easy and uncomplicated navigation
You see, it’s all about travelling like a local.
This is the most complete app you want when it comes to information about Athens.
Get the latest updates, news, information, videos, photos, events and amazing deals for Athens app fanatics.
Download this app now!
Discover everything you want to know about Athens! Download and get this app to have these exclusive features!
- A continuous, up-to-date unstoppable gush of news and information about Athens.
- Read an watch exclusive Athens articles, images, audio and videos.
- The latest Athens products and deals!
- Read the latest articles and feedback on Athens.
- Never be left out with Athens best deals.
- Share Athens news, photos, events, and other news through Twitter, Facebook and e-mail.
* All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
* This Athens app will add a new icon onto your home screen that links to a mobile web page which helps fund and promote the development of this Athens app. If you do not want to use this useful resource, you can either ignore it or delete it. If you do use it, we greatly appreciate your support.
Discover and download this free Athens app now!
This is the mappa map for Athens (Greek: Αθήνα, Athína), the capital city of Greece. The sprawling city is bounded on three sides by Mt Ymettos, Mt Parnitha and Mt Pendeli; whilst inside Athens are twelve hills [the seven historical are: Acropolis, Areopagus, Hill of Philopappus, Observatory Hill (Muses Hill), Pnyx, Lycabettus, Tourkovounia (Anchesmus)], the Acropolis and Lykavittos being the most prominent. The streets of Athens (clearly signposted in Greek and English) now meld imperceptibly into Piraeus, the city's ancient (and still bustling) port.
Places of interest: Syntagma Square (Plateia Syntagmatos), Plaka to the south, Monastiraki to the west, Kolonaki to the east and Omonia to the north.
Take a look at: The Acropolis; Plaka, Monastiraki and Thissio; Kifissia; Nea Smyrni; Kolonaki; Metaxourgeio - The Municipal Gallery in Avdi Square; Omonia and Exarheia - National Archeaological Museum; Pangrati and Mets; Piraeus; Psiri; Syntagma Square (Plateia Syntagmatos); Zografou.
The mappa map covers the metro, bus routes, trams and rail links.
Top 5 reasons to get your offline mappa map for Athens, Greece:
1. SIMPLE - No geeky features. It’s a map!
2. ENTIRE LOCATION AVAILABLE OFFLINE - download the entire city and POI database to your phone and travel without an Internet connection. You won’t get any nasty roaming charges. Your map will work anywhere.
3. VECTOR DATA - means that you get maximum detail, maximum zoom and maximum coverage with a tiny map file that takes moments to download and uses hardly any space on your phone.
4. POINT OF INTEREST DATABASE BUILT-IN - Search a dozen categories including, restaurants, bars and hotels, also handy places such as hospitals, taxi ranks and public transport stops. We’ve also included a fuzzy partial search for POI and street names to make it fast and easy.
5. EXCELLENT COVERAGE - Maps are the very latest OpenStreetMap with superb coverage and detail. And you will get free updates to the app and map forever as long as we add new versions.
Install your offline mappa map for Athens now!
More from developer
The International Olympic Academy functions as a multicultural interdisciplinary centre that aims at studying, enriching and promoting Olympism. The foundation of such an institution was inspired by the ancient Gymnasium, which shaped the Olympic Ideal by harmoniously cultivating body, will and mind. On the eve of the 21st century, the centennial anniversary of the revival of the Olympic Games coincides with the global scale changes that are affecting every aspect of human thought and activity.
The mission of the International Olympic Academy is:
• To function as an International Academic Centre for Olympic Studies, Education and Research.
• To act as an International Forum for free expression and exchange of ideas among the Olympic Family, intellectuals, scientists, athletes, sport administrators, educators, artists and the youth of the world.
• To bring together people from all over the world, in a spirit of friendship and cooperation.
• To motivate people to use the experiences and knowledge gained in the IOA productively, in promoting the Olympic Ideals in their respective countries.
• To serve and promote the Ideals and principles of the Olympic Movement.
• To cooperate with and assist the National Olympic Academies and any other institutions devoted to Olympic Education.
• To further explore and enhance the contribution of Olympism to humanity.
You can find more about the International Olympic Academy at the following links:
• Website: http://www.ioa.org.gr/
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ioaofficial
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/IOA_Official