Indian Snakes App is a field guide and educative material for learning about the Snakes of India and identifying snakes. This is a dynamic app which is powered by the data from IndianSnakes webserver. This application is powered by the data from India's most authentic snake website: www.indiansnakes.org.
Indian Snakes is a community based effort where registered users contribute scientific data in the website which are moderated by Experts while snake enthusiasts and learners can get the updated data right into their Android devices.
Core features of the application version 1.10:
1. Serves as a field guide to learn about snakes of India
2. Beautifully designed list and grid views which can be grouped by alphabetical order or by families.
3. A detailed view in which vital information of snakes like: Common name, Regional names, Scientific name, distribution of snake, pictures, Look-Alike snakes, Identification characteristics, habitat information, diet of snake, bite symptoms, detailed scalation information etc.
4. You can mark your Favorite snakes!
5. Best optimised for Cell Phones
6. OFFLINE MODE - Unique feature wherein you can get your application ready for a field trip with no internet and yet use the app completely in offline mode!
7. LOCATION FILTER - Yet another unique feature wherein user can filter out and check all snakes present in the current location using GPS or user can drop a pin to find out snakes in a different location!
8. Dont want to download data again - Mark your favourite snakes and clear non-favourite cache to save space
9. Filter by text fields are also available.
10. Filter by States in India - Textual distribution.
11. Filter by common name snake category like vipers..
12. Optimisation for all Android Devices
13. Worried about phone memory - you can clear your cache anytime
14. Filter by toxicity and snake family.
15. Since website gets constant updates, use the update button occasionally to update the app data
Community Power - The data is provided and maintained by a strong snake community who are sound with knowledge on herps. The data undergoes strong peer review process. The community framework guarantees users of not just quantity data but also quality scientific data.
And this is not the end, just the beginning!
Write to: email@example.com for feature requests / critics / feedbacks.
Application developed and maintained by Ramakrishna Mission, Shivanahalli: www.rkmission-shivanahalli.org in collaboration with yelahanka-tech, Bangalore - www.yelahanka-tech.com and DHI, group of patriotic IT enthusiasts, http://dhi-ti.com/ for IndianSnakes