IndoorAtlas offers the world leading indoor positioning technology. It enables accurate cross-platform indoor positioning of smartphones by fusing all available information sources, including:
• Geomagnetic fingerprint maps
• Pedestrian Dead Reckoning with gyroscope and accelerometer
• Wi-Fi signals
• Bluetooth beacons
• Barometric height information
• Visual inertial odometry (VIO) from ARCore
IndoorAtlas Positioning provides a convenient way to test our features before you start creating your own app using IndoorAtlas SDK. Some of the features include:
- Indoor positioning
- Augmented Reality (AR) Wayfinding
- AR Points of Interests (POIs)
in your chosen location/venue. After installing, the app can be started with a link created on the IndoorAtlas Web application, which makes the app to use the maps from that account. Thus, IndoorAtlas Positioning does not require the tester to login.
If you don't yet have a fingerprinted venue, please go to www.indooratlas.com and register a free account. Then you can setup your venue in your account and fingerprint it, after which the venue is ready for testing.
In addition to returning the accurate position within a floor plan, the platform handles automatic floor selection and indoor-outdoor detection. The system is highly scalable serving customers such as Samsung SDS and Yahoo Japan! in hundreds of active locations around the globe.
On a high level, the IndoorAtlas platform consists of an SDK running on the device, which
* Downloads signal maps including POIs, geofences and Wayfinding graph from IndoorAtlas cloud on-demand i.e. when user goes near IndoorAtlas-enabled venue on your IndoorAtlas account.
* Computes the position of the device by matching sensor data against signal maps. No network connection needed after signal maps have been downloaded.
* Computes transformations and locations of the AR objects under the hood, so you can easily render AR POIs and Wayfinding arrows.
IndoorAtlas also offers complete solutions for some verticals, visit www.indooratlas.com for more information.