TRACK MY FISH – CITIZEN SCIENCE EDITION
Track my fish Citizen Science Edition is the app for fishers that want to turn their catches into serious science. Modelled on the world leading Suntag program, Track My Fish works for Tagging programs and Recreational Catch and Release fishing to turn catch data into a better understanding not just of fish but the trends in the fishery.
Track My Fish Citizen Science Edition is designed for fishing groups that want to improve their fishery through gathering defendable data. Individuals can also use Track My Fish but there are better products for tracking fishing diary. If you do want to know more about the fish you catch and the fishery then Track My Fish is the first step to achieving that goal.
• Fish as a part of unlimited groups or events or privately for yourself
• 260 Built in species with the option to add your own
• Total Length and Fork Length
• Line, Bait and Cast Nets supported
• Record fish even when signal is low with offline mode (a great way to save battery on the water)
• Record non fishing things such as on the water observations
• Report fish health issues
• Visual diary that tracks fishing, trophy fish
FOR FISHING GROUPS & RESEARCHES
• There are 12 types of fishing groups from competitions to researchers that can create their own private fishing groups with the app for fun or serious fishing
• Set challenges for the group
• Automate fishing events and collating records
• Support for non-fishing events such as fish stock releases or habitat upgrades
• Share the fun among the group with fishing feeds specific to your group
• Notify members for important dates
HOW WE USE DATA
If you fish privately your data is your own and can be exported at any time.
Most events will share glory photos as a part of fishing.
If you fish as a part of a group that uses data for scientific or other monitoring purposes your data will be analysed on aggregate. What won't be analysed is your GPS locations, where location is analysed it will be done at the region level for non-tagging catches or at 2km square regions for tagging data.
HOW WE USE LOCATIONS
Our app doesn’t share any fishing spots, our analysis doesn’t share them and our public reporting doesn’t either.
We have over 30 year’s experience in dealing with the most sensitive fishing data. We understand that fishers need to know how their fishery is tracking without compromising their day to day fishing.