Kazimir Malevich in your pocket: Paintings, Biography & Stories for free!
A natural born leader, always penniless and provocative, a world-famous celebrity, a talented liar and a real street fighter, oddly enough, all this is about a single person. A name to him is Kazimir Severinovich Malevich.
In addition to his outstanding artistic talent and a powerful charisma, Malevich was gifted with eloquence — his students and admirers simply hung on his words. On his path to Suprematism, Malevich was carried away by many other "-isms", even cheating on his supreme love with Impressionism during the latter years of his life.
New app from Arthive "Malevich" gives an up-close look at Malevich as the artist, art theorist, philosopher, innovator, and the man, woven from contradictions. The app includes:
- Biography, facts & legends about his life, death and work;
- Quotes by his fans & critics;
- Stories about the objects designed by the artist;
- A short glossary of Malevich;
- Theoretical aspects of Suprematism;
- Malevich in numbers: the first fee, the last Square, how many times he failed the art school entrance exams, how many days he spent in the Crosses prison;
- Almost 400 reproductions of his artworks with brief description, detailed editorial annotations to 11 of his most important paintings;
- Filters to sort the pictures by style, genre or subject;
- Large thematic collections (squares, circles, crosses, faceless paintings etc.);
- Finally, versions of how Malevich created Black Square and commonly held misconceptions associated with this painting.
The information in Arthive application is more complete than in most encyclopedias and more accurate than in any online gallery.
Clear structure (Main section, Biography, Artworks, Stories), easy navigation and minimalistic design with emphasis on pictures.
The App`s main screen is the usual social media feed. We continuously supplement the information, and you can immediately see all the updates.
The application will be useful to anyone interested in the phenomenon of Russian avant-garde and the history of world art as a whole.