All data products (cygnets) in the NASA Space Weather application are user selectable, allowing customized display configurations that include only the cygnets of interest to each user. NASA Space Weather App has a catalog of over 200 unique space weather analysis data cygnets ranging from the solar domain all the way to the earth’s ionosphere. A new History Mode allows users to view and animate historical data for each of the cygnets.
Development of the iSWA (Integrated Space Weather Analysis) system and the NASA Space Weather Android App has been a joint activity between the Office of the Chief Engineer at NASA Headquarters and the Applied Engineering and Technology Directorate and the Science and Exploration Directorate at NASA Goddard. The iSWA system is located at NASA Goddard.
The Community Coordinated Modeling Center is funded by the Heliophysics Division in the Science Mission Directorate at NASA Headquarters, and the National Science Foundation.
Get information about our app and updates on our Google+ page:
Special thanks to Microtel LLC for supporting the initial development of this app.
What's going on aruond the Sun and the Earth ?
So, the KSWC finally developed this space weather mobile APP.
It is expected that this APP is a portal site of the space weather, and provides the observation data, forecasting models and SWx monitors in real time.
The KSWC was formally established as such in 2011, and 14th member of ISES(International Space Environment Service).
The KSWC has dreamed of "the safety Korea without space weather disaster" by accurate forecasts and prompt alerts.
- The main features -
1. Space weather now
2. 3-day forecast of space weather
3. forecasting models and observation data
4. Space weather effects(Aviation, satellites, GNSS, Power Grids, Communications)
5. NEWS and announcement of of KSWC
- The KSWC(Korean Space Weather Center) of RRA(Radio Research Agency) -
- E-mail -
- Automatically alerts when auroral activity is high enough
- Current auroral activity based on Kp and history graphs
- Auroral oval map customized for all locations
- NOAA Kp predictions within the next few hours
- 3-day aurora forecast
- Solar wind and IMF data
- Configure when you can be alerted based on sky darkness
- Filter out alerts based on current cloud cover
- Several local K-indices available for the most up-to-date activity
- Moon phase calendar included
When first launching Aurora Alert, it will find your location from GPS or cell networks, and then configure your settings based on the results. Users can then adjust any settings, if they wish. Aurora Alert will then update in the background, as often as you wish, and will alert you to possible aurora sightings when the conditions are favorable. You’ll never miss a chance to see the northern lights again!
Aurora Alert is configured to run as efficiently as possible. Automatic updates will download only 5KB of compressed data per update, which spares users of downloading needless data against their limits. It also runs only when it needs to, and no more, which helps save battery life and frees up for RAM for other apps. Note that since Aurora Alert needs to update in the background, certain task killer apps can prevent it from updating. So if you run any task killers, Aurora Alert will need to be on the ignore list in order to keep updating.
For more screenshots, see the website link below. Your feedback would be appreciated.
• Highly responsive interactive map optimized for 3G and WiFi performance
• Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
• NOWrad, the gold standard for radar in the weather industry
• Highest resolution satellite cloud imagery available
• Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index
• Color coded weather alerts arranged by severity
• Fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Integrated compass overlay
• Most accurate 10 day forecasts with both daily and hourly detail
• Ability to easily save your favorite locations
• Full featured and user tested
• Weather Widget for unlock page
• Earthquake Plotting
• Storm Track Plotting
• Tropical Track Plotting
• Status bar alert acknowledgement
• Alerts over map on/off switch in settings
• Additional Small Widget
• Widget Configuration (Daily or Hourly view)
• Watch/Warning (Alert) boxes on map.
• Spanish language support; NOTE: Language used in the app will reflect the overall language being used for the device
• Ability to acknowledge Alerts from within the app
• Audio, LED, and vibrate for Alert Notifications
• Feature tips to help users more fully take advantage of app features
• User controllable alerts - Allow the selection of all alerts or just critical alerts
• Single activity scrolling menu
Recent auroral activity and forecast data is provided by NOAA POES and Geophysical Institute at UAF.
- Recent Auroral Activity from NOAA POES
- Aurora Forecast from Geophysical Institute
- Push Notification Alerts
- Supporting graphs
- Stunning new layout
Aurora Forecast works with Android running version 2.1 or later and all iOS running version 4.0 software or later.
[What people are saying]
"I really like this app. We live in Alaska and love it. We saw the aurora last night and it was beautiful. Thanks for creating duh a great app!!."
"Luckily we saw a tremendous Aurora display last night in Sweden, where we learned of your App."
" For me it is one of my most useful and handy apps I have."
"All I was waiting for is push notification alerts!! Thank you."
"Great app! ★★★★★ I'm glad I've found this app!"
"Tonight’s northern lights were incredible, thanks to solar explosions"
"I just love it!!!!!
- Please visit us and share your photo and feedbacks.
Web : www.tinacinc.com/AuroraForecast
Twitter : @AuroraForecast
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/AuroraFcst
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Then this App is your trusted friend!
It simply makes you aware if it could be possible to see the greatest nature show.
The service is still in beta.
Stay warm outside people and bring with you some hot chocolate mug!
UPDATING BUG IS NOW FIXED.
This app gives you updates and alerts for the short-term Aurora Borealis (and Aurora Australis) forecast from the University of Alaska Fairbanks Geophysical Institute. Great for knowing when to get outside to see the northern lights.
You can also view the most recent satellite data for both the North and South poles, as well as the most recent short term predictions on a map for 5 areas:
(Do a long press on the image to select.)
Ideas and requests for features which you would like to see in the app should be either emailed to me, or left in the comments. Thanks!
Install this package, then restart AuroraNotifier. There should then be a "+" after the app name and your location should be marked with a red dot on the globe.
Data source: http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/
Solar Geomagnetic Activity:
K < 4 - Quiet (Green Sun Icon)
K = 4 - Raised (Yellow Sun Icon)
K > 4 - Storm (Red Sun Icon)
Click on widget to see activity graph image.
More info: http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/planetary-k-index
SWx Monitor V2 Link : http://goo.gl/Xz1OF
See the space weather! You can see the current sun and the environments of near-earth space through this App. This app visualizes the current space weather conditions from ground & space observation.
SWx monitor will be updated continuously, please keep eyes on.
THIS IS A PAID WIDGET THEME FORAmber Weather .FREE TO DOWNLOAD BUT NEEDS PAYMENT WHEN APPLY!
We make it Free to download since Themes need PAY in app not on Play Store.
The Weather live in Space theme was influenced by Star Wars and Star Trek;
The Space widget skin design draws obvious inspiration from the Sci-fi movie known as Star Wars / Star Trek and
used as symbol of the space and planet.
Also you need to install Amber Weather Version 0.9 or above to use this widget.
∙ Track Mid-Missouri storms with a highly responsive interactive map optimized for 3G and WiFi performance
∙ Get accurate 10 day forecasts with both daily and hourly detail
∙ Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
∙ NOWrad, the gold standard for radar in the weather industry
∙ Highest resolution satellite cloud imagery available
∙ Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index
∙ Get your First Alert to severe weather with color coded alerts arranged by severity
∙ Fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
∙ Integrated compass overlay for 3GS models
∙ Ability to easily save your favorite locations
∙ Full featured and user tested
Get notifications about increases in geomagnetic activity - triggered when the AuroraWatch status level changes; this indicates the relative likelihood of viewing an aurora in the UK.
See the current alert status.
Read last 24 hours recent history.
Report aurora sightings (requires logon).
Forecast model from SWPC.
AuroraWatch UK is in Beta - please email email@example.com with any issues.
The app does not alert historically. If your phone is off or out of range when the status goes up but the level goes back down before the next data update you will receive no notification.
The AuroraWatch UK (Android) app is developed and maintained by Smallbouldering Projects, it is not an 'Official' app.
AuroraWatch UK alerts data is provided by Lancaster University, UK using data from the SAMNET and/or AuroraWatchNet magnetometer networks: Read more about this here: