All data products (cygnets) in the NASA Space Weather application are user selectable, allowing customized display configurations that include only the cygnets of interest to each user. NASA Space Weather App has a catalog of over 200 unique space weather analysis data cygnets ranging from the solar domain all the way to the earth’s ionosphere. A new History Mode allows users to view and animate historical data for each of the cygnets.
Development of the iSWA (Integrated Space Weather Analysis) system and the NASA Space Weather Android App has been a joint activity between the Office of the Chief Engineer at NASA Headquarters and the Applied Engineering and Technology Directorate and the Science and Exploration Directorate at NASA Goddard. The iSWA system is located at NASA Goddard.
The Community Coordinated Modeling Center is funded by the Heliophysics Division in the Science Mission Directorate at NASA Headquarters, and the National Science Foundation.
Get information about our app and updates on our Google+ page:
Special thanks to Microtel LLC for supporting the initial development of this app.
What's going on aruond the Sun and the Earth ?
So, the KSWC finally developed this space weather mobile APP.
It is expected that this APP is a portal site of the space weather, and provides the observation data, forecasting models and SWx monitors in real time.
The KSWC was formally established as such in 2011, and 14th member of ISES(International Space Environment Service).
The KSWC has dreamed of "the safety Korea without space weather disaster" by accurate forecasts and prompt alerts.
- The main features -
1. Space weather now
2. 3-day forecast of space weather
3. forecasting models and observation data
4. Space weather effects(Aviation, satellites, GNSS, Power Grids, Communications)
5. NEWS and announcement of of KSWC
- The KSWC(Korean Space Weather Center) of RRA(Radio Research Agency) -
- E-mail -
For all astronomers, this is a great app for real-time information about the Sun. The app is currently more focused on solar flares, but expansions are already underway. No more looking at 10 websites to find all the information.
Some points that the app contains:
* User login including a forum
* Notification of a flare
* Comprehensive charts with automatic update, Touchable
* All sunspots in a list
* Latest report from NOAA
The whole APP ist OpenSource and you can find the code on https://github.com/ligi/Solar-Activity-Monitor
Thanks to http://mikrokopter.de for the impulse, http://www.swpc.noaa.gov for the Data and Clemens -Nebukad- Wronski for the Graphics!
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/de/ (Creative Commons / Non Commercial / Share Alike)
Addtitonally to this Licence it is not allowed to use this project in any violent manner! This explicitly includes that lethal Weapon owning "People" and Organisations (e.g. Army & Police) are not allowed to use this Project.
UAS UAV GPS Accuracy Solar Storm MikroKopter MultiRotor MultiKopter Navigation
Also displays real time weather warnings like high waves on different maps provided by the japan meteorological agency.
- over 200! space dose rate sensors on a map.
- values from sensors update frequently!
- Realtime weather warning maps for japan.
- Location of and information on all 17 nuclear power plants.
- Easily configure what is beeing displayed on the map with toggle buttons at the bottom.
- Displays the 20Km and 30Km evacuation zones around fukushima
- Track your location while moving around in japan.
This app uses a subset of already freely available weather maps from
Special thanks to Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies (CIMSS), Space Science and Engineering Center, University of Wisconsin-Madison.
+Up to two days of weather maps
+Infra red, Water vapor and other processed formats
+Totally Free and free of adds
With updated every minute charts, access to the reports issued by NASA and other agencies, solar wind simulator and much more content.
13 buttons with all necessary information to be aware of everything that happens to our sun and how it affects us.
- Daily reports issued by NASA and other agencies.
- Graphics updated each minute:
------ X-ray flux
------ KP Index
- Simulator solar wind forecast
- Global UV absorption
- Aurora graphics
------ more than 40 images of our sun daily updated
------ more than 22 charts showing all the latest information
-Solar Flare Monitor
Now it's easier to navigate "reports" menu.
NOAA Scales Activity
Solar circle sunspot, x-ray flux and ap progression
XRAY flux, of course. ProtonElectron, Kp Index, Magnetometer, Satellite Environment Plot, STEREO A High energy proton, STEREO A impact proton, STEREO A impact electron, Impact, Solar Wind (6h), Magnetometer (6h) Magnetic and Solar Wind... and so much more...
And also, we are suscribed for you to the NASA feeds. Now you can get the latest news related to space weather also on SolarWx. No subscription, without filling your inbox email, directly here, on SolarWx.
Solar Wx, your space weather center!
Weather forecasts contains details of up to 9 days ahead, and up to 4 periods a day. Weather data are provided by yr.no, and updated several times a day. How often you want to retrieve the latest weather data is up to you.
Application supports geo-positioning, and can retrieve the latest weather forecast for your current location.
Detailed forecast-information includes temperature, type of weather, wind speed, wind direction, expected rainfall, barometric pressure, sunrise, sunset and the length of day in hours and minutes. With one click, you also have direct access to hour-by-hour graph from yr.no through its pages.
All widgets with clock, can also be used as a shortcut to start programs. This saves you space on the desktop. All applications installed on the phone can be started with this feature.
New widgets released regularly, and requests for new widgets or features are considered on an ongoing basis. Free access to all future releases.
Currently supported languages: Norwegian, Swedish, English, Czech, Dutch, Danish, French, Italian, Russian
Some of the available settings:
- Widget-background / 50% transparent / completely transparent background
- Launcher when clicking on the Clock
- Different date and time formats (12H/24H)
- Celsius / Fahrenheit
- Optional unit for wind speed, altitude and rainfall
- Day and night icons
- Update automatically, every 3, 6, 12 or 24 hours or manually
Solar storms release particles that can destroy computer circuits.
The intensity of solar storms is expected to peak in 2013.
In 1859, the largest recorded geomagnetic storm occurred. Telegraph systems all over Europe and North America failed, shocking telegraph operators, telegraph pylons threw sparks and telegraph paper spontaneously caught fire.
That was in 1859.
Get daily updates of solar flares
Detailed information about alerts
Worldwide ozone levels
Daily updates of sunspots and solar activities
Zoomin on any country and see either the visual images in daylight or the infrared. The app stores your latest selected country and settings for convenience.
Checkout http://sat24.com for additional information or weather data.
• Highly responsive interactive map optimized for 3G and WiFi performance
• Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
• NOWrad, the gold standard for radar in the weather industry
• Highest resolution satellite cloud imagery available
• Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index
• Color coded weather alerts arranged by severity
• Fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Integrated compass overlay
• Most accurate 10 day forecasts with both daily and hourly detail
• Ability to easily save your favorite locations
• Full featured and user tested
• Weather Widget for unlock page
• Earthquake Plotting
• Storm Track Plotting
• Tropical Track Plotting
• Status bar alert acknowledgement
• Alerts over map on/off switch in settings
• Additional Small Widget
• Widget Configuration (Daily or Hourly view)
• Watch/Warning (Alert) boxes on map.
• Spanish language support; NOTE: Language used in the app will reflect the overall language being used for the device
• Ability to acknowledge Alerts from within the app
• Audio, LED, and vibrate for Alert Notifications
• Feature tips to help users more fully take advantage of app features
▪ Future Radar
▪ Satellite/Radar combined layer
12/24 hr+Color on all info displayed
System Stats Info + pop-up
Weather & Forecast
2 Forecast layouts(user choice)
+tap bottom right->preferences
+tap bottom left->system information dialog
+tap weather icon->forecast
+tap Hour->launch anything!(more coming)
+tap Minutes->launch anything!
Widgets on Android work a bit differently than a normal application. Unlike regular programs they don't just install themselves in the application tray so you have to add them manually. They will not open or launch.
Here's how to add a widget on your Android home screen.
STEPS HOW TO ADD A WIDGET
1.On your Android home screen, tap any blank or “empty” area with size 4x2 and hold down your finger.
2.An “Add to Home screen” window will pop up. From that window, tap “Widgets”.
3.You’ll be presented with a list of all the installed Widgets on your Android device.
4.Select the clock to add to your home screen by tapping it.
"Time frozen/not updating"-> taskiller killed the clock(exclude it from taskillers)
When phone starts, clock starts in less than a min too.
ROM users-> make sure the clock is NOT moved on SD card.
Widgets are not supposed to be on SD card. Move it back to the phone storage.
Weather hint: For world destinations with two words in the name, type in the box the words with a plus sign.
For example "Buenos Aires" type "Buenos+Aires",remember the "+" sign -no spaces, don't include the quotes.
Check our website for more help.
EXCLUDE IT FROM TASKILLERS!!!
Be polite, this is a free app :-)
VIDEO HOW TO ADD WIDGETS
Electric Tourbillion Theme supports 4*1, 4*2, 2*1 sizes. It delivers the most accurate weather information from anywhere at any time.
Eletric Tourbillon GO Launcher Theme
Eletric Tourbillon GO Locker Theme
Electric Tour Toucher Theme
❤Hot to use the theme
After you download and installing the theme,
1. Enter GO Weather EX --> Theme --> Installed --> choose the theme your desired --> Apply
2. Choose pay with Google Checkout or Free with Getjar Gold
3. If you choose Getjar Gold, there will be several apps listed. Just download whatever apps you want until you have enough golds to purchase the theme.
4. After purchase, go back to Installed --> choose the theme --> Apply
❤How to add a System Widget?
1. Long press empty home space or click Menu --> Add --> Widgets --> Find GO Weather EX Widgets anc choose the size your desire
2. Make sure you have enough space for placing the widgets
Your new, ad free, AccuWeather Platinum is here! We listened to your feedback and created a weather app that’s even more information and feature rich, and offers the same Superior Accuracy™ and great experience across all Android smartphones and tablets, including Nexus 10!
We worked closely with Google to include everything you want from AccuWeather and the Android platform, like customizable My AccuWeather forecasts and multi-location widgets, and optional weather graphs.
Weatherproof your day with these features and without any advertising*:
• Push notifications for severe weather alerts in the United States – now also included on tablets!
• For worldwide locations, when AccuWeather forecasts snow, ice, rain, wind, or the probability of thunderstorms, you will see an orange exclamation point displayed within the location’s current and 25-day screens.
• Customizable My AccuWeather lifestyle forecasts for specific health concerns and outdoor activities. Categories include: Outdoor Fitness, Travel, Respiratory Health, Fishing and Game, and Do-It-Yourself.
• Home screen widget displaying two-day forecasts with severe weather warnings for your GPS location, and a time clock. Resizable, multi-location widgets are also now available with even more weather detail!
• Radar for all of North America and Europe, and worldwide satellite overlaying interactive Google Maps™. A snapshot view of the maps for your saved locations is now available!
• Current news and weather videos, with many available in both English and Spanish.
• Social media sharing so you can share your location’s current conditions, hourly, or 25-day forecasts using the social media apps you already have on your device.
You also get the accurate, local weather forecasts and the customization you expect from AccuWeather, minus the advertising:
• Accurate and local forecasts for nearly 3 million locations worldwide. Forecasts update every 15 minutes with information for the next 25 days – all in 27 different languages.
• Current weather conditions update every 15 minutes with the very latest humidity and precipitation percentages, dew point, visibility, UV index, wind speed gusts and direction, times for sunrise and sunset, and RealFeel® – AccuWeather’s exclusive weather forecasting system that analyzes multiple weather factors to determine how the local temperature actually feels.
• Local weather forecast summaries that provide an overview of the next five days’ weather forecast along with a description of the most dramatic weather event expected during the five days.
• Status bar on the home screen displaying the current temperature for your current or home location.
• Ability to store an unlimited amount of locations.
• Choice between metric or imperial units, 12-hour or 24-hour time display, and portrait or landscape view.
Please note: Sunrise and sunset times are found in Daily Details which can be viewed by tapping on daily forecast. Also, AccuWeather Holo Dark and Light widgets display RealFeel® and can occupy only 4x1 space as before. We have added “Dew Point” and “Probability of precipitation” as per popular requests.
Download AccuWeather Platinum and start experiencing the most accurate and local weather forecasts available without any advertising*!
*AccuWeather has content partnerships with ABC and FOX television stations in certain markets. The partnerships are intended to give users the best possible news and weather information. It is possible you may see an ABC or FOX logo associated with these news stories inside the AccuWeather Platinum app.