This app has been created to be SIMPLE : it’s simple to set up your workout, it’s simple to use so you can forget about it during your training and just follow the sounds. And when you’re done, you can share your results with your friends on Twitter and Facebook !
First it was developed for HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) workouts, a famous method to burn fat in a short & intense workout. But our users showed us you can use it every time you need a timer : crossfit, running, cycling, HIIT, Tabata, yoga, stretching, fitness, weightlifting ... and even cooking !
And now you can even use it with a fitness card game called "HIIT the Game" ! http://bit.ly/HIITTHEGAME
* WHAT’S HIIT ? *
High-intensity interval training (HIIT) is an enhanced form of interval training, an exercise strategy alternating periods of short intense anaerobic exercise with less-intense recovery periods. HIIT is a form of cardiovascular exercise. Usual HIIT sessions may vary from 4–30 minutes. These short, intense workouts provide improved athletic capacity and condition, improved glucose metabolism, and improved fat burning.
This definition comes from wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-intensity_interval_training) where you can find a lot more informations. It explains some very popular program, like the TABATA. HIIT is also a common practice in Crossfit trainings.
* HOW TO USE THE APP ? *
You can use it during all trainings with intervals or other timed repetition
Basically, this is how it works : on the first screen you will set up your workout phases durations (preparation time, work, rest, rounds and cool down) and you will choose your sound.
Then hit “Go !”, work and just follow the whistle !
You can listen to your own music, just make sure you can still hear the sound.
At the end of the workout, a new feature allows you to share your workout with your friends on Twitter and Facebook.
** Load preset : you can load one of our existing preset (Fat Loss, Tabata) or one you saved previously
** Save preset : you can save the workout you just set up
** Link to our Facebook page : you can like the app, share your experience with other users, share your workouts, make suggestions for new features, …
** Vibrate mode
** 3 seconds warning click
** Step Counter included in the training screen
New features are added regularly, thanks for your feedbacks and your votes in our forum (http://hiit.uservoice.com/forums/54804-general)
Join us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hiit-interval-training-android-app/104610142924377)
and follow us on Twitter @hiit_android
And if you love the app, you can purchase the AD FREE version, for only 1.99 $ :-)
* PHONE PERMISSIONS *
Now automatically pause and resume if a phone call arrives.
This is why PHONE_STATE permissions are required. But the app never collects and stores phone numbers from users phones.
Get training fast: Set your timer quickly in the basic mode. Or choose from ready-made timer presets to get going with zero effort.
Build all your training plans: Construct any type of timing using the advanced mode. Program any number of sets and timers, nest sets inside each other for big workouts, use variable timers for pyramid sets.
User your presets over and over: All your timers are automatically stored in the app for later use. Copy presets to quickly create new variations.
Customize your cues: Use your own alert sounds, colors and interval titles.
Let you device be your coach: Switch on text-to-speech to have your device call out interval changes.
More features in Impetus plus:
Rhythm your training: Play your music playlists in sync with the work and rest intervals.
Share and backup your presets: Export your presets to files for backup and sharing with your friends.
Support the development and open all features by buying Impetus Plus.
* Clear and comprehensive timer display with portrait and landscape modes
* Home screen shortcuts to presets for quick access
* Configurable countdown before next interval
* Configurable auto pause on incoming call (call state permission is used ONLY for this functionality)
* Optional auto pause on any stage of the training set
* Option to start the timer by shaking the device
* Can be run in the background
* Mute option for background music player on alerts
* Installable to SD card
Have You ever wanted to burn body fat and get perfect abs?
Try interval workout to burn belly fat and then Caynax Aerobic Weider Six (A6W) app to form perfect 6 pack.
High-intensity interval training (HIIT), also called High-Intensity Intermittent Exercise (HIIE) or sprint interval training, is an enhanced form of interval training, an exercise strategy alternating periods of short intense anaerobic exercise with less-intense recovery periods. HIIT is a form of cardiovascular exercise. Usual HIIT sessions may vary from 9–20 minutes. These short, intense workouts provide improved athletic capacity and condition, improved glucose metabolism, and improved fat burning.
HIIT session consists of a warm up period of exercise, followed by six to ten repetitions of high intensity exercise, separated by medium intensity exercise, and ending with a period of cool down exercise. The high intensity exercise should be done at near maximum intensity. The medium exercise should be about 50% intensity. The number of repetitions and length of each depends on the exercise. The goal is to do at least six cycles, and to have the entire HIIT session last at least fifteen minutes and not more than twenty.
There is no specific formula to HIIT. Depending on your level cardiovascular development, the moderate-level intensity can be as slow as walking.
The original protocol set a 2:1 ratio of work to recovery periods, for example, 30–40 seconds of hard sprinting alternated with 15–20 seconds of jogging or walking.
HIIT is considered to be an excellent way to maximize a workout that is limited on time.
Because of exercise intensity this type of workout is not intended for everyone. You should consult:
- health doctor to determine if You are capable to perform such exercises
- professional trainer to create workout schedule for You.
You can use this app for workouts like: Tabata, Fartlek, Kettlebell, jumping ropes, meditation, yoga and other fitness workouts that could use timer.
- Enhanced timer
- multi view /multi window support
- Workout schedule for next 30 days
- Workout reminder
- Option to change workout time for calendar days
- Workouts list with option to create, delete and edit workouts
- Workout schedule for whole week
- Voice feedback - TTS countdown with option to edit spoken texts (PRO only) - You might need additional TTS software like IVONA Text-to-Speech HQ.
- Beeps countdown with option to use built-in beeps or set any sound (PRO only)
- Countdown: every second, every 'n-th' second, first 'n' seconds, last 'n' seconds, remaining last 'n' seconds (some option available only in PRO version)
- TTS/Beep information about workout stage
- Rewind backward and forward (PRO only)
- Built-in sample workout for Tabata na Fartlek.
- READ_PHONE_STATE - used to detect incoming phone call and pause workout. Ad networks use device ID number (that is hashed using SHA-1 algorithm) to identify users.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - to start reminder service after phone start.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, INTERNET - ads, crash reports.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE/READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - backup/restore workouts list.
- WAKE_LOCK - to ensure that workout works when screen is off.
Great training timer for Crossfit training, HIIT, interval timer, tabata, round timer, running, c25k timer, etc.
- Merge several sets into large workout
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Warning ticks
- Advanced sound settings
- Skip forward in workout
If you have questions, encounter bugs or have suggestions for improvements, please do not hesitate to mail me at: email@example.com
Internet access is used for ads and license check.
The app reads phone state in order to pause workout on incoming phonecalls.
Interval training will help you to get in better shape and increase your vo2max levels. Test have showed that interval training is better for fat loss than normal cardio.
- Easy to setup
- Big timer interface
- Install to SD
- The timer remembers the settings last used and uses them as a default for the next training session.
- Color coding for preparation, work and rest periods.
- Beebing sound between work and rest periods. Beep volume is controlled by your phones media volume control.
WAKE_LOCK = Keep the screen on while working out
INTERNET = for Advertisements
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE = for Advertisements
READ_PHONE_STATE = for Advertisements
ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION = AdvertisementsACCESS_FINE_LOCATION = Advertisements
*** GET THE PRO-VERSION FROM
** If you like this application, please give it a favorable review. If you DO NOT like it, please send me an email how to improve the program. All improvement ideas are taken to consideration ***
All bugs and improvement ideas can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or at the facebook page
With intervals of effort and pause.
There is a default timer set so you can start right away. The timer is very simple to configure for your own workout techniques.
Set the number of rounds, seconds of effort, seconds of pause and start training.
The settings are automatically saved.
Start getting fit right away. This cardio application will help you burn calories in an accelerated manner.
* press the menu button to exit the Tabata timer
SECONDS FREE AT A GLANCE:-
• Quickly create timers for interval training, tabata, circuit training
• Save, group, import and share timers (available in Pro version only)
• Text to speech
• Use timers from the timer repository (limited in free version)
• Full control over every interval
• Assign music to intervals or timers
• Large display
• The choice of personal trainers up and down the country
• Much, much more...
• LARGE DISPLAY AND COLOR CODING
Seconds boasts a stylish and clear timer display that can easily be read from a distance. You may switch to landscape mode by rotating your device. You may also apply a color to the background of the timer for each interval to provide extra visual cues.
• SIMPLE YET POWERFUL
Seconds provides timer wizards to allow you to create timers for common interval training methods. Included so far are wizards for HIIT timers, round timers and circuit training timers. You may even construct timers out of other timers with the new Compound Timer wizard.
• MUSIC INTEGRATION
Seconds allows you to match the intensity of your music to the intensity of your workout. On a per interval level, you can select a song, album, artist, genre, playlist, podcasts or audiobooks. If this is not to your taste you can simply assign music to the entire workout.
• SOUND SCHEMES AND TEXT TO SPEECH
Seconds comes with a variety of sound schemes. These range from simple beeps, through to MMA airhorns and boxing bells. For situation where you can't see the screen of your device Seconds can read out the name of the intervals in your timer.
The app originally worked for a 20 minute workout with short intervals, as this was found to be an ideal way to train (See this Lifehacker post for details: http://lifehacker.com/5989669). Now the app supports interval lengths and timers of your choosing. It will also remember the last interval you chose so you don't have to change it frequently.
If you have any issues or want to report bugs, please let me know and I'll do my best to fix them.
- you can set "ready time", "workout time", "rest time", "repeat"
- you can on/off all sound effects on "OPTION"
- you can set sound volume on "OPTION"
- you can save your timer set, and play later
- when you finish the last round, the time and set name will be saved automatically
so you can check when you've done your workout (check "DAILY HISTORY")
- you can remove the saved set or history by sliding that item
- you can change the 'cover image' on "OPTION"
select an image that can inspire your workout
: on a tablet, bigger screen, better use of cover image
at first, this timer was made for me and friends, but I'm considering to improve the functions
some ads will be shown : free app~ ;)
We’re proud to introduce this handy interval timer that helps you keep track of your work and rest periods during your HIIT interval training and workouts. This app is an awesome training timer, whether you're working on cycling, running, lifting weights, exercise, workout, stretching, boxing, MMA or HIIT, this interval timer will prove to be an invaluable asset for your HIIT interval training.
This app can be used as HIIT timer, tabata timer, round timer, and anything else about interval training you want to track.
Running foreground, background or with device locked, Interval Timer allows you specify an overall time as well as program High/Low intensity interval and rest time between sets.
Key Features of Interval Timer:
- Customizable sets, high/low intensity interval and rest for your own need
- Continue to run even when screen is locked
Customizable Features of Interval Timer:
- Number of Sets
- Countdown Time
- Set Time
- Low Interval time
- High Interval time
- Rest Time
- First Interval (low or high)
- Sound Volume
- Timer Sounds
- Auto Lock
- Pause during Rest
- New Each Set
This app incorporates all of the recommendations we have received over the years from our users to bring you the best app possible. Thank you for your input!
NOTE - This is a complete overhaul of the past Gymboss app, with an entirely new user interface, so any programs you have saved on any previous versions will be deleted upon updating.***
Please leave comments to help make this application better.