Egg timer? Reminder alarm? Alarm for a healthy sleep after dinner? Cooking Timer?
Originally, "Multi Timer" was planned as simple kitchen timer (originally "KITchen TImer", thus "Kitty"), but as it grew up, it became a universal timer app.
(The reasons of the rights that "Multi Timer" needs are given at the end of this description)
Do you want to:
* be able to run multiple timers concurrently, clearly arranged?
* be able to start timers with only one touch (from the homescreen, even the dock for immediate access)?
* manage pre-configured timers with own icons and sounds?
* have optimal use of different layouts of Smartphone and Tablet?
* have an app that is without advertisement even in the free version?
* see the remaining time of the next timer in the notification tray?
* ... and other nice-to-haves
My main point was: simple and fast handling, and ease of use.
- "Multi Timer" has three groups: a quick start group in the main activity, where you can put the most-used timers to start them by tapping them once. A group of running (or paused) timers, and a group of expired timers.
- you can link timers onto your homescreen to enable single-tap starting (and stopping) of a timer.
- sounds and icons are managed using repositories, so that they can be easily assigned to timers.
- timers can be grouped visually by color and icon, and sorted by name, duration or usage frequency.
- nearly every activity has a small help popup, describing the purpose and options of the current activity.
- time can have a pre-warning alarm, that can be used either as pre-warning (not to start a new task before the timer ends) or as implicit double-duration-timer (for example soft and hard-boiled eggs).
- Android backup is supported for the databases (at least I hope, as it's not easy to test - it runs infrequently)
- the main screen and the screen with running timers can be locked, so that you can put the smartphone in your pocket with active screen, to make looking at the remaining times easily!
FREE-Version limtation: the free version is limited to a single timer running at a time. Using In-App-Purchase, you can get rid of the limitation (costs: 1€). This is your way to appreciate my work ;)
Concerning the required app rights and the reasons for them: camera (to take own photos as icons), microphone (for own sounds), Touchscreen (optional brightness control), call state (mute timer when a call comes in).
Keywords: egg timer, kitchen timer, alarm
More from developer
NOTE: IN PORTRAIT MODE, SWIPE TO THE LEFT ON THE TOOLBAR TO SEE MORE BUTTONS
Take advantage of Jotter's (optional) 100% palm reject and write naturally. You will be able to rest your hand on your screen the way you naturally do with paper.
VISUAL SEARCH: Easily navigate between pages of a notebook using the page preview and navigation feature.
Pinch, zoom and two-finger scrolling while maintaining palm rejection functionality.
Drag and drop page re-ordering.
Add images to notes from phone gallery or camera.
Create PDF files from hand-written notebooks.
Easily upload notebooks as PDFs to Google Docs (free Google Docs app must be installed).
Strong encryption ensures that your thoughts and drawing stay private.
Optionally disable the back button while writing to make it even easier to rest your hand on the screen without being kicked out of the application.
Landscape mode makes it easy to write without accidentally hitting any of the capacitive touch buttons, especially with the AT&T Galaxy Note with 4 capacitive buttons. Capacitive buttons can be orientated to the right or left of the phone.
Choose from one of several background colors. Background colors are unique to each notebook and can be changed anytime.
Share notebook pages with Facebook, GMail, Evernote, Cloud Print, Google Docs, SocialHub and more.
Add and remove background lines anytime. Export notebook pages with or without background lines.
When the diary background type is selected for a notebook, now pages have the current date and time inserted. Date and time can be erased with the eraser tool.
Pressure-sensitive writing and drawing.
Left-handed writing compatibility mode.
Jotter keeps backups of all notes; one for the last 2 hours, one for the last 1 day, one for the last 1 week and one for the last 1 month.
Ability to change/specify Jotter's storage root folder. Save your notebooks in an external SD card if you want.
Jotter's forum is at http://forum.intulon.com/viewforum.php?f=11
Multiple widgets can be individually programmed to display different timers.
Pause and resume timers right from a widget.
Timers stay in effect even after a phone reboot.
Edit existing timers.
Drag and drop to re-order timers.
Common uses: General reusable timer, countdown timer, date timer, alarm (date and time).
Digital and regular fonts.
Note: To have MultiTimer alert you without running in the background, simply exit the app with the back button (not the home key!).
Ray turns your HTC One into an easy-to-use universal infra-red remote control.
Ray was designed for HTC One but may work on other HTC Android devices with built-in IR transmitter. Please download the demo version (free) and ensure it works properly with your device before upgrading to the full version.
* Add as many devices as you want (after upgrading)
* Swipe between devices - makes it easy to switch from one device to another
* Custom button labels
* Built-in symbols for play, pause etc
* Export your programmed remote control settings to share with friends or for backup
* Check http://forum.intulon.com/viewforum.php?f=5 for shared remote control settings and layouts
* Build as may custom layouts as you want
* Color-coded devices makes it easy to know when you are on a device without reading the device name
IMPORTANT! Please ensure Ray works with your remote control before upgrading to the full version.
Enjoy Ray ;-)
For those worried about in-app purchase:
Ray's implementation of in-app purchase is as pain-free as it gets. The app does not contact Google Play server every time it runs to verify license. Also, if you reset your device or re-install the app, you do not pay again for the in-app purchase, as long you log in to Google Pay with the same account the original purchase was made with.
See how to nudge here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPizwK_HUDQ
Hardware requirement: accelerometer.
Set up locations by adding your current location or searching a built-in map. Add items you need to be reminded about and associate any number of defined locations with it. When you get within (configurable) distance of the location, Loca will pop a notification up.