Thanks for trying the FIRST-EVER app that is helping sports parents and coaches share objective feedback and data on their players. (Worth mentioning that we are sports parents and coaches too.)
Many of the 70MM sports parents in our country are looking for feedback from their kids’ coaches. But coaches don’t have the time or tools to let every parent know how their child is doing. The result is an expectation gap between many parents and coaches that leads to hyper-stressed sidelines and arguments over who gets more playing time, who gets the starting position or who made the travel team.
To solve this problem, we launched our one-of-a-kind player feedback app that allows coaches and parents to share goals, objective feedback and data throughout the season and especially at the dreaded tryout time. To do this, we worked with experts in each sport, and the guidelines provided by national governing bodies to define skills in a sport-, age- and gender-specific way…..for the FIRST TIME EVER. Now our app is helping team coaches and parents share feedback, improve player development and increase fan engagement.
How it works for Coaches:
1. Coaches download the free app and set up unlimited team rosters. An email invitation will automatically go to the Team Parents to download the app. Coach can add team trainer, assistant coach or manager who will also receive an email invitation and share access to the team account.
2. At the beginning of the season, iSport360 shares team goals (which are based on sport, age and gender) to get coach and parents on the same page. You can access, view and share these goals with team at any time.
3. From the start of the season, coach uses iSport360 to share those incredibly valuable bits of post-game (or post-practice) feedback for any and all players (since coach doesn’t have time to talk to every individual parent and player after every game). We call it “Sharing Today’s Feedback” and it should take no more than 2 minutes to send after the game or practice.
4. Coach uses the ONE-OF-A-KIND iSport360 player assessment (which takes 90 second to fill-in) to share objective feedback with parents at key points in the season (we recommend pre-season, mid-season and post-season….and especially can be used for tryouts).
5. Coach can view a sortable “Team Assessment Report” which shows player scores. This report can be sorted based on different skills and is incredibly valuable for player rankings, tryouts and for rec leagues creating balanced teams.
How it works for Parents:
1. Parents will receive an invitation from the coach to download the iSport360 app where you can see your players and their teams. Only you can see feedback on your player.
2. At the beginning of the season parents will receive iSport360’s goals for the team (which are based on sport, age and gender) to get everyone on the same page.
3. From the start of the season, coach can share those incredibly valuable bits of post-game (or post-practice) feedback for your player (since coach doesn’t have time to talk to every individual parent and player after every game).
4. Coach will share objective player assessments using iSport360’s ONE-OF-A-KIND tool. But parents can conduct player assessments on their own kids or have your child do a self-assessment. When those are done, view side-by-side comparisons and track progress.
5. Now here’s the fun part: Parents can share positive feedback (in the form of emojis) with any other player on the team. So share the positive energy generously and track your child’s emoji count too.
Sincere thanks for your feedback on this early version of our software.