Imagine walking on a sidewalk with little to no trees and empty storefronts only to find that on the next block over there is a vibrant, tree-lined street with fine shops and sidewalk cafes. If only you knew.
The Walkspan app puts the ability to heighten your walking experience in your hands. If you are a member of the walking generation or a baby boomer finding your new life in the city, this prototype app will enhance the quality of your life by providing a visual map that helps you walk in spaces that meet your walking criteria. Whether you are on the hunt for a new restaurant, doing an errand, walking for fitness, or simply getting to the subway, the Walkspan app has you covered. With 10 different color-coded maps showing the most to least walkable sidewalks, you will find blocks that are better suited for your needs.
Also useful for tourists for a more pleasant and interesting walk!
- Geolocation to pinpoint where you are
- Search to show your destination
- Drop down list of Manhattan neighborhoods
- Walkability layers classified by beauty, utility, safety, comfort, access, vibrance, interest and legibility
- Toggle between Standard and Satellite maps
Available for Manhattan only - other major US cities to be available soon.