K3M #1st Maritime Community Mobile Reporting & Information Sharing Application!
“Kesedaran Keselamatan Komuniti Maritim” (K3M) refers to Maritime Community Security and Safety Awareness. This innovative mobile application allows the maritime community to lodge reports or request emergency assistance directly to the Royal Malaysian Navy (RMN) Operation Centre or the Malaysian Enforcement Agencies (MMEA).
K3M App facilitates reporting and requesting assistance anywhere, anytime, within the Malaysian waters.
The RAKAM innitiative and K3M App was inspired by Tan Sri Admiral Ahmad Kamarulzaman, Chief of Navy RMN, based on operational experience and leveraging on virtual engagement as well as crowd sourcing.
This App includes
- SOS - User sent emergency signal and location for immediate assistance. The SOS signal will be directly sent to the RMN operation center.
- Report - User can report and call for assistance, to include sea robbery, piracy, foreign intrusion, pollution, vessel defect, transnational threats or other emergencies. Users can select simple report format and even attach video and pictures for evidence.
- Directory - List of important contact information of Navy and Malaysian Enforcement Agencies.
- Weather Forecast - Provides updates on weather information for maritime community - safety at sea.
- Tide Table - Provides updates on daily tide information in Malaysia ports as per location required.
- Blast Info - Security or safety advisory or announcements for maritime community operating in Malaysian's Water.
- K3M Prihatin - Allows user to place donations to the national heroes fund (Tabung Pahlawan) as a gesture of appreciation to our veterans and their families who are in need.
- Forum - Allows the user to share experiences and chat with other members of this app.
- Social Media connectivity
The K3M Mobile App supports the RMN and Malaysian Government initiative in mitigating maritime security and combating illegal activities within the Strait of Malacca, South China Sea and Sulu Seas.
Feel free to use the K3M Mobile App and we appreciate your feedbacks for improvements. It is our commitment to contribute to the security and safety of our maritime community!
Published by Royal Malaysian Navy