• A zoomable, scrollable map-based display.
• Current traffic speeds and closed-circuit television (CCTV) traffic camera images in six metro areas (Council Bluffs, Des Moines, Iowa City/Cedar Rapids, Quad Cities, Sioux City, and Waterloo/Cedar Falls).
• Electronic roadway sign messages.
• Commercial vehicle restriction information.
• Highway rest area locations on map.
• Real-time updates on road conditions, road work, construction, and road closures.
• List view of incidents, road work, road conditions, and rest areas.
The Iowa 511 app reports information for interstates, U.S. routes and state highways in Iowa. It does not include information for county roads or city streets.
Remember, the primary responsibility of every driver is the safe operation of his/her vehicle. Iowa law prohibits all persons from using a handheld electronic communication device to write, send or read a text message while driving a motor vehicle. Teen drivers with restricted licenses are prohibited from using any electronic communication or entertainment device while driving. While traveling, mobile communication devices should be used only when the motor vehicle is at a complete stop off the traveled portion of the roadway. Do not text and drive (it's the law) or use this app while driving.
We welcome your feedback on this app. Please send your suggestions, questions or bugs in an email to 511Feedback@dot.iowa.gov.
Outdoor enthusiasts can now experience nature like never before with this official mobile guide powered by Pocket Ranger® technology. This all-inclusive app offers an environmentally friendly way to explore the parks. Users can decide which park to visit using a comprehensive list of activities or search for nearby parks or parks within a particular region. Advanced GPS Map technology invites users to track trails, mark waypoints, and locate landmarks in the great outdoors, while interactive features guide users through the parks and keep them informed.
Park goers can access rich GPS features, such as:
• Advanced GPS Maps, which allow users to access trail data, record tracks from hikes, runs, or bike rides, and view elapsed time and distance traveled.
• Easy-to-cache GPS Terrain Map tiles, which ensure that navigation remains possible in the event of lost mobile reception.
• Photo waypoint feature allowing users to snap a photo and mark and record the coordinates of plant life, animal species or landscape views. Post or share these remarkable finds with family and friends with the click of a button.
• Friend Finder feature that allows users to keep track of friends and family around the parks.
• Built-in compass to help direct users through the parks.
• Potentially life-saving Alert feature that supplies users’ GPS coordinates to designated contacts in case of an emergency.
Pocket Ranger® technology also provides plenty of other standard features that make exploring the great outdoors a breeze, including:
• Thorough information on all State Parks including general policy, contact information, activities, trails, park maps and much more.
• Detailed, cacheable maps of park facilities, trails and campgrounds.
• Up-to-date news and information on park advisories and weather information.
• Sharing features that allow users to share current positions, waypoints and recorded tracks via Facebook, Twitter, or email.
• A Calendar of Events, updated in real time, listing all State Park events with the ability to filter by desired park. Users can also create their own schedule that can include any event from any park.
• Access to online reservations that make it easy to secure overnight visits.
• Plus so much more!
• SECURITY ASSURANCE: THE POCKET RANGER® PLATFORM DOES NOT AND CANNOT MINE FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION, PHOTOS OR CONTACTS.
With the Pocket Ranger® in hand, prepare to bask in the vast natural wonders of Iowa’s outdoors!
Like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/pocketranger
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/pocketranger
• The enhanced pro features on the app are designed to function in areas with little to no mobile reception; however, some of the features require mobile data reception in order to function properly.
• Obviously, if you choose to call, text or email through the application, you understand that you are responsible to your service provider for any charges that may apply to communications sent from your device. POCKET RANGER DOES NOT HAVE ACCESS TO OR CONTROL OF THESE COMMUNICATIONS.
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Croatia is a small, tourist country with beautiful, indented coast and 1246 islands, 8 national parks and 11 nature parks. Its beauty has already attracted the Europeans, and now it is attracting people from all over the world. Although it has a population of a little more than 4 million, Croatia has over 60 autochthonous wine varieties thanks to a long history of wine production dating from around 300 years B.C.
The application shall give the numbers and interesting facts about Croatian wine production, give information on wine events in Croatia and in the world, teach some basic rules on how to taste wines and pair them with food and help you with a little gastronomy dictionary in English, German and Italian to be well informed when in Croatian restaurants. The Cro-wine application also offers a place where you can leave your personal wine reviews available only to you. But, the most important part of the application is a wine list of Croatian wines recommended by a four-time winner, Croatian sommelier who has participated on numerous world and European sommelier championships. There are several criteria in choosing wine: according to food, wine type, region, variety, autochthony or price. The user gets all the technical information about the chosen wine, label picture, description, recommendation for pairing with food, awards that the wine won, web page of the winery as well as the link to the web shop in case there is the possibility to buy wine online.
Apart from autochthonous wine varieties, special attention on the Cro-wine app is given to traditional food. All the traditional meals have a short description next to their names.
The application is aimed to Croatian tourists, and all the others who wish to know more about this important part of Croatian culture.
☆ Multilingual intrface! ☆
Guide 4T is a mobile app that helps you find nearby attractions, hotels, most popular restaurants, nightclubs, sights, museums, ATM, pharmacies.
This smart and intelligent mobile city guides are created to help plan your trip.
☆☆☆ Features of City Guide:
☆ Sights & Attractions list
- multilingual description with photo
- direction and route on map
☆ Weather forecast
☆ Offline Currency Converter
☆ Multilingual interface (english, chinese, spanish, german, japanese, korean, russian, french, portuguese)
☆ Place Finder with complete information about object (adress with map, users rating, route, website, phone number)
Restaurant / Bar / Night club / Lodging / Hotel / Museum / Pharmacy / ATM / Bank / Gas station
☆ City Trips added and recommended by users ☆
- Interactive map & route with POI
- Trip photos
- Description, distance
☆ Event manager with with full information about the event
☆ Interactive map of the city
☆☆☆ What people are saying about our guides:
- Yriy: "Thing Excellent idea!"
- Zeynepalp: "Very nice Istalbul guide"
- Kaka: "Jakarta city guide Great !!!!"
- Frank: "Bueno Me gustó esta app tiene futuro si recibe actualizaciones constantes" (Well I liked this app has a future if it receives constant updates)
- Luis: "Buena Me gusta la interfaz, es fluido y encuentras de todo." (Good I like the interface, is fluid and find everything.)
- Victor: "Muito bom, informa o tempo a visibilidade humidade, eventos q vao acontecer no Rj bem atualizado. Perfeito" (Very good, tells time visibility humidity, events happen in vain Rio de Janeiro. Perfect)
Bordeaux (French pronunciation: [bɔʁ.do] ; Gascon: Bordèu; Basque: Bordele) is a port city on the Garonne River in the Gironde department in southwestern France.
The city of Bordeaux, with a population of 242,945 inhabitants, is the 9th largest city in France. The Greater Bordeaux, called Communauté Urbaine de Bordeaux is the 5th largest urban area in France after Paris, Lyon, Lille and Marseille, with a population of 719,489 inhabitants. Its metropolitan area aire urbaine has a population of 1,114,000. It is the capital of the Aquitaine region, as well as the prefecture of the Gironde department. Its inhabitants are called "Bordelais" (for men) or "Bordelaise" (for women).
The city's nicknames are "La perle d'Aquitaine", "La Belle Endormie" (Sleeping Beauty) in reference to the old center which had black walls due to pollution. Nowadays, this is not the case. In fact, a part of the city, Le Port de La Lune, was almost completely renovated.
Bordeaux is the world's major wine industry capital. It is home to the world's main wine fair, Vinexpo, while the wine economy in the metro area moves 14.5 billion euros each year. Bordeaux wine has been produced in the region since the 8th century. The historic part of the city is on the UNESCO World Heritage List as "an outstanding urban and architectural ensemble" of the 18th century.