Indian Printing, Packaging and Allied Machinery Manufacturers’ Association (IPAMA), founded in 1988 and was registered in Delhi in 1991. IPAMA is an independent organisation serving the needs of the Printing, Packaging and Allied Industries in a rapidly changing marketplace. IPAMA operates from its own sprawling building with ultra-modern facilities at NOIDA in the neighborhood of New Delhi capital of India.
IPAMA is today in the centre-stage, playing a pivotal role in the policy making of exports and imports, in collaboration with Government agencies, CII, FICCI, ASSOCHAM and FIEO.
As a registered apex body under the Societies Registration Act, IPAMA is dedicated to disseminating information on the state of the technology, market perspectives and various developments taking place around the world, relevant to the Indian Printing, Packaging, Converting and Allied Machinery manufacturing industries through its quarterly journal IPAMA Bulletin, besides holding international standards exhibitions “PRINTPACK INDIA” and National Exhibitions
IPAMA represents more than 80 percent of the graphic arts industry. With 315 Direct members on its roster, it is recognised by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India.
As an active member of the Committee for Indian standards for Printing, Packaging and Allied Industry, under the aegis of Bureau of Indian Standards, IPAMA played a very vital role in formulating standards for Indian products related to Printing and Packaging Industry. IPAMA represents the Manufacturing Sector on the Development Council for Printing and Packaging Industry and is also on the Consultative Committee of the Commerce & Industry Ministry. IPAMA is a core member of the National Committee on Capital Goods and Engineering, of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII). The guidelines laid down by the Bureau for standardization of Printing, Packaging Machinery and other Allied products, were subscribed by IPAMA. Today, Indian graphic arts machinery and products have largely earned global acceptance mainly due to IPAMA’s constant and continuous serious efforts.
The main activities of IPAMA:
- IPAMA continues to play pivotal role in the policy making of exports and imports, in collaboration with Government agencies, CII, FICCI, ASSOCHAM and FIEO
- Dissemination of information on latest developments in design and machine manufacturing, through its quarterly magazine, Press Release, Circulars, Seminars, etc.
- Finding new avenues of market
- Organizing national and international exhibitions
- Educational Training facility and Research centre
- True spokesman and real service provider to the Indian Graphic Arts Industry
- Taking up any cause of members with Government and non-Governmental organizations
- Synergized with World Federations like Asia Print and Global Print for promoting solidarity and cooperation amongst global and regional fraternity and support each other in the process of organizing Print Exhibitions in member countries
Organizing Trade Mission to Asian countries, Japan, USA, Germany, Britan, Italy Switzerland, etc.
- Promoting Brand India image and exploring possibilities of entering into joint ventures and business collaborations, etc with Asian Countries.
- Maintains Relevant data bank related to members, exhibitors and visitors to Printpack Shows and provides the same to members and exhibitors on complimentary basis. IPAMA encourages its members to get ISO certification to standardize the industry and provides one time subsidy of Rs.15,000/- to the members for the same
- Founder Member of the World Federations e.g. Global Print, Asia Print.
- Members advertising in exclusive IPAMA’s publications are entitled to discount in tariff.
- Provides IPAMA’s publications including quarterly magazine to members free of cost.