Irfan-ul-Quran is an interactive application of the Holy Qur’an, consisting of the beautiful translation by Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr. Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri. This is a fully explanatory translation into modern and accessible English (along with Urdu, Norwegian, and other languages*), which at the same time maintains strict linguistic accuracy in relation to the original Arabic.
- The most scientifically accurate translation to date
- Contemporary and self-explanatory
- Context inherent within each translated verse – no need for separate commentary
- Facility of Ayat Bookmarks
- App is fully customizable
- Multiple Color Themes
- Read Arabic text with translation
- Create tags and notes for the verses you want
- Share verses with others
- Copy text
- Text Size of your choice
- Translation Selection
- Search for words and get search results in Quran verses, themes and your saved notes
- Search for verses directly by entering chapters and verses, such as "2:45"
- Find all saved tags and notes in one place
- Edit tags and/or notes
- Delete tags and/or notes
- Categorize your notes by associating them with specific tags
- Share your notes with others
Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri, started an Urdu translation of the Holy Quran by name of ‘Irfan-ul-Quran’ whose 22 paras were completed till 2005. On July 20, 2005, Shaykh-ul-Islam completed the transition of the remaining paras during his stay in Canada. The translation of the Holy Quran has published in its entirety in the sacred month of Ramazan 1426 hegira.
Irfan-ul-Quran is a unique translation of the Holy Quran, which is distinct from other available translations in a number of ways. Following are the chief characteristics of Irfan-ul-Quran, which distinguish it from others:
• This translation is uniformly understandable for every mental level and has a unique style of description characterized by idiomatic language and simplicity.
• Though this being a translation, it has the quality of exegesis inherent in it. The readers do not have to look for commentaries in order to get further explanations of the Quranic verses. It is self-explanatory.
• This not only helps in understanding the meanings of the Holy Quran but is also instrumental in strengthening the faith of the reader.
• It is full of spiritual taste and fosters pious action.
• This translation is such a masterpiece representing Divine Reverence and the respect for the Holy Prophet (saw) as takes special care of all manners and stations.
• It is an embodiment of spiritual gnosis and strength of faith.
• It is the most modern Urdu translation of reconstructive value in keeping with the demands of the contemporary age.
• It is such a magnum opus marked by scholarly depth and rich symbolism which also contains rational meditation and practicality as distinctive aspects.
• It not only describes the Quranic geography but also mentions the historical background of the past nations.
In order to convey the real message of the Holy Quran to the Western world, the English translation of the Holy Quran was dire need of the hour. By the grace of Allah Almighty, this arduous task has been accomplished. Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr. Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri’s English translation of the Holy Quran by name of ‘The Glorious Quran’ has been published.