Ads everywhere and subscription is a joke Latest update has ads running through the news headlines and pop ups, really distracting and irritating. Also, the developer has never heard of a tablet, app forces portrait mode, which is ridiculous. The latest thing is full screen pop up ads, which are beyond irritating, and a cap on articles. The Irish Times seems to forget that better quality news is available in better apps for free. New permissions are way over the top. This app fails miserably.
Seems nice when it works But most of the time the Times does not seem to load, Samsung 4 using Lollipop
Poor Very happy with old app... New version does not work. Takes an age to load. Need an update or revert back to last version
Poor Since updates a while back most of the categories don't load. This has been a problem for a while so not the kind of service that encourages a subscription. Very annoying but otherwise I find the interface and app good when it works
Get past the article limit Love the app..but 20 articles per week when ads are displayed ..that sucks. Delete the data in setting/apps to reset it when you reach the 20 article limit..
Restriction on articles. Only 20 articles available per week. International stuff comes from Guardian, no restriction. Get local stuff from Indo, no restriction. But IT local journalism is better.
• Latest bug fixes
• Further bug fixes for push notifications
• New sections have been added, including opinion, life & style and culture
• Video and podcasts are now available
• Facility to comment
• New option to save articles
• Introduction of ‘back to top’ button at end of each article
• Appearance of links to related content in articles
• Improved navigation and layout
• Improved display of images
• Push notifications