- the Wikipedia encyclopedia "to go"
- very efficient offline Wikipedia reader for Android
- download as many Wikipedia encyclopedias as you like
- WikiDroyd offers offline databases for more than 40 languages
- Read and search your local Wikibooks without being online
- Supports features like history, favorites, random articles, sorting, etc.
- Optionally you can download the WikiDroyd Speech Plugin to support text to speech output
* Take all the Wikipedia knowledge with you even without an internet connection, with Android's ONLY app to offer downloadable offline databases in over 30 languages!
* Make reading Wikipedia fun with our random article function right from the first page of the app!
* Discover meaningful encyclopedia articles and learn more about your surroundings with Wiki Encyclopaedia Gold's "articles near me" feature
- Pre-set the languages you use the most as your "favourite languages", then easily switch language to read the same Wikipedia article in one of those languages!
- Switch and search between online or offline Wikipedia Encyclopedia, or online Wiktionary ® dictionary
* Wiktionary dictionary allows you to search for words in any language and will provide the translation to that word as well as the meaning! It is a perfect two-in-one dictionary and translator.
- Suggest/Autocomplete feature for faster searching
- Show/Hide Wikipedia editing tools for contributing to Wikimedia's project
- "Search on page"
- Day/Night mode settings (Black text on white background or white text on black background)
- Share articles directly from your Wiki app!
- Mobile/Desktop mode
- Set Text Size
- Save Wikipedia or Wiktionary dictionary article to phone's memory / Reading list
Supported Wikipedia languages include: English, Nederlands, Deutsch, Svenska, Français, Italiano, Español, Русский, Polski, Tiếng Việt, 日本語, Winaray, Sinugboanong Binisaya, Português, 中文, Українська, Català, Norsk (Bokmål), Suomi, فارسی, Čeština, 한국어, Magyar, العربية, Română, Bahasa Melayu, Српски / Srpski, Minangkabau, Türkçe, Bahasa Indonesia, Қазақша, Slovenčina, Esperanto, Dansk, Lietuvių, Euskara, Български, עברית, Hrvatski, Slovenščina, O‘zbek, Volapük, Eesti, हिन्दी, Galego, Nynorsk,
==If you are having trouble downloading the offline wiki encyclopaedia databases, please go to the left menu, DOWNLOAD WIKI, RECOVER PURCHASE. From here you will be able to recover your offline wiki automatically and re-start failed downloads. Any further problems, please email us! ===
Download Wiki Encyclopedia Gold, today and share the app with your friends to qualify for a free offline database!
This free version comes with the top 2 million english wikipedia articles (about half the total number). Needs 3.6 GB space on your device to install.
Search and browse through the content of all articles even when you are offline. Powerful micro search engine optimized for smartphones searches the entire contents of all articles as you type.
• Highly compressed database
• Powerful micro search engine optimized for smartphones
• Search everything - search for articles by content not just titles
• Instant search - search results update as you type your query
• Optimized search ranking to help you locate the right article
• History and Bookmarks
• Search within article
• Font size adjustment
The best offline Wikipedia app on Android!
• A quick search multiple online & offline dictionaries at once
• Download free dictionaries such as StarDict-compatible dictionaries from the market and internet
• Quick Search Box
• Long-click to share search results: Send results to other apps
• Word jump: Click a word to go to search results for that word
• Word suggestion: See auto-completions for partially entered words.
• Search history
• Customize color of dictionary
• Voice recognition
• Supports ColorNote App: ColorNote dictionary integration
• Supports E-book Reader integration
Supported offline dictionaries:
• English Wordnet offline dictionary (included)
• English thesaurus offline dictionary (included)
• English <-> Japanese StarDict offline dictionary (Download Add-On)
• English <-> Chinese StarDict offline dictionary (Download Add-On)
• English <-> German StarDict offline dictionary (Download Add-On)
• English <-> Spanish StarDict offline dictionary (Download Add-On)
• Bible offline dictionary (stardict)
Supported online dictionary
• Wikipedia encyclopedia (included)
How to download StarDict dictionary from the internet.
• Download the file to your PC
• Copy compressed file (tar.bz2, *.tar.gz, *.zip) to sdcard /dictdata directory
• Dict - Menu - Direct Download - Enter URL
E-Book Readers integrated with ColorDict
• FBReader, Moon+ Reader, Cool Reader, ezPDF Reader
• Supports Dictionary API for third-party developers
Wiktionary is a web-based dictionary that anyone can edit, available in over 150 languages.
Features: Save article to read later or offline, Share articles using Android "Share" function, Read article in a different language, Listen to word pronunciations, Full screen search ... and more
Send us your feedback on Twitter @WikimediaMobile.
Power Control Plus is a widget that lets you turn on / off almost any setting on your device, right from your home screen or notifications bar. Every aspect of Power Control Plus widgets are customizable, including color, size, behavior and more.
- Tablet compatible!
- 7 different widget sizes, including vertical widgets
- Notification bar widgets - toggle settings with one click on Android 4.0+.
- 9 different indicator light colors
- Over 30 settings available to toggle (list below)
- Power Control Plus doesn't run in the background, to save battery life
- Edit your widget right from the home screen
- Change background transparency
- Add labels to buttons on the widget
- Add a shortcut to any app on the widget
Full list of settings you can change / toggle:
- Airplane mode
- Flashlight (Android 2.2 and 2.3 only, update for Ice Cream Sandwich coming soon)
- 4G (EVO 4G only)
- GPS (Does not work on Android 2.3+)
- Silent mode
- Auto-rotate screen
- Vibrate mode
- Vibrate and silent mode
- Bluetooth scan for devices
- Brightness (triple)
- Screen timeout
- Wi-Fi sleep policy
- Sound effects
- Haptic feedback
- Bluetooth discoverable
- Keep screen on while plugged in
- Open shortcut
- Input method
- 2G - 3G (only a shortcut to the settings screen)
- Battery (meter, and a shortcut to Battery Use)
- Scan SD card
- Quick Boot / reboot / power off
- Silent mode (and mute media)
- Lock screen
- Wi-Fi tethering (Android 2.2+)
- USB tethering (Android 2.2+)
The below settings are available to toggle, but are buggy and unsupported due to Android security restrictions. Please do not contact us if one of them does not work.
- Cellular data connection (APN switch)
- Cellular data connection
- Live search suggestions
- Voice search
- Link queue - just long press on a link to add it to the queue
- Save an unlimited amount of pages to your storage for offline viewing anywhere
- Supports all Wikipedia languages
- Jump to a random article
- Add bookmarks + home screen shortcuts to articles
- Device search integration
- Full screen mode
- Quick language swap button
- Non-obtrusive advertising
- Speed + reliability
- Includes a tablet-optimized interface for Honeycomb tablets
- Open images from imgur without opening the browser
- Vote, comment, save, and hide any post
- Collapse comment threads
- Multiple account support
- Comments and posts are rendered with HTML; that means /r/f7u12 faces, spoiler tags and other subreddit-specific customizations look exactly as they do on the site
- and more!
Feedback? Developer's reddit username: isaacwaller