The information in this publication is provided as medical information only. Any such information is supplied with the understanding that the publisher is not involved in rendering legal or medical advice or in setting the standard of care. If legal or medical advice is sought, the services of a qualified professional should be obtained.
inPractice provides insight and practical recommendations for the care of patients with cancer.
Subject Matter: Solid Tumors and Hematologic Malignancies
Physicians and other healthcare professionals including:
• Oncology and hematology specialists
• Other specialists managing patients with solid tumors or hematologic malignancies
• Nurses, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants caring for patients with solid tumors or hematologic malignancies
• Primary care practitioners managing patients with solid tumors or hematologic malignancies
• Expert-authored, comprehensive oncology/hematology reference work
• Continuously updated to incorporate latest findings and best practices
• Complete drug database (by Lexi-Comp; includes all FDA-approved drugs)
• National and international guidelines
• Relevant PubMed abstracts (MEDLINE)
In Practice—Not Just in Theory
Translates the constant stream of the latest developments in oncology/hematology into clinically applicable information.
• Search and find practical recommendations for your patient care questions
• Know that the evidence supports your decisions
Integrates insightful Conference Coverage, drug developments, journal citations, and guidelines to keep you abreast of the developments you can apply to practice.
Education With Relevance
Earn CME credit for the topics you’re searching anyway. (To claim credit, just visit the free, companion Web site.)
• Easily share information with colleagues or trainees
• Integrated bookmark function for quick return access to key topics
• Companion Web site included
How to Gain Access:
Free, one-time registration or use your existing Clinical Care Options member ID.
ABG interpreter- triple acid base (including anion gap), PaO2/FiO2 ratio
APACHE 2 Score
BODE index calculation
PORT score (pneumonia severity index / PSI)
tidal volume calculations by ideal body weight
TNM staging for lung cancer
Oxygen content and O2 extraction calculations.
Wells score for deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE)
serum and urine osmolarity
free water clearance and deficit
Fractional Excretion of Sodium (FENa)
GFR estimates using Cockcroft-Gault and MDRD eGFR
Glasgow Coma Scale
Body Mass Index (BMI calculator)
Ideal body weight calculations using ARDSNET and reverse BMI
TIMI for NSTEMI
Corrected reticulocyte count
absolute neutrophil count (ANC)
Corrected sodium (for glucose)
Rockall score for GI bleed
TPN calculations and total caloric intake by parts
fluid requirements to correct hyponatremia or hypernatremia
Predicted improvement in INR with FFP
PFT (spirometry, DLCO and lung volumes) Normal values
Cardiac output by fick
steroid unit conversion
General Unit conversion such as kilogram to pounds (weight), distance and volume
due date by LMP (last menstrual period) and by date of conception - pregnancy wheel/timeline
Narcotic analgesic dose conversion for different opioids and dosing intervals
QTc and short QT interval calculations
Maddrey's Discriminant Function
CIWA for alcohol withdrawal
Conventional to SI unit conversion for select agents
This is for medical students, internal medicine residents, respiratory therapists, nurses and doctors working in the pulmonary field.
This has not been clinically verified at this time and is better suited for academic purposes than clinical practice.
Keywords: lung; cancer; TNM; stage; pulmonary; calc; calculator