By other words, this app works like a Samsung Galaxy S3 Smart Stay feature but can detects eyes too.
* Compatibility mode: can run on almost all android devices
* Run in background
* Face detection
* Eyes detection
* Do not runs when screen goes off
* Application binding: you can choose behaviour for individual application
* When service or preview window is active, you can see a single dot (which can have different color and brightness) at the top right corner of the desktop, just behind the time. It is normal. It is a one and only possible one way to grab content from the camera of some android devices (like HTC One, Galaxy Nexus etc).
* If your front camera have low resolution or small viewing angle, try to use eyes detection instead of face detection.
* This application uses your phone's camera only during the face scanning. By default, it is 3 frame every 5 seconds. Between these intervals, you can run any other application which can lock and use the camera. Use application binding and App Launch Widget to run selected camera-dependent app.
## ↓↓Scroll down↓↓ to read Notes on Uninstall. ##
Do you feel inconvenient to lock your device using the power button?
Are your afraid of wearing out the power button? (My n1 was repaired coz of that :< )
'Lock Screen App' is a tiny app that can help you lock easily (without power button).
•Lock device with one touch
(Same effect as pressing the power button)
•Not a widget so it does not run as service in the background
•Auto-kill itself after locking to save your Battery & Memory
•Tiny in size (<100k)
Features (Donation Version Only):
•Little bit faster
•Lock by long-pressing search button **not work on xpad/apad and device without search key**
•Get updates earlier
★★ Please buy the donation version to support the dev! ★★
(You could find it using 'View more applications'/ the link in the app's settings page)
Thank you! :D
1.New / Updated Moto devices may not be supported
Moto disallows lock screen in their OS updates, so it would not work on moto devices after updates and new device like Droid 3. I have reported it to moto, but they did not agree to fix!
2. For device running Android 4.X, sometimes flashing (screen on then off again) may happen, try to enable 'Force Lock' in Lock Screen Settings to fix it.
3.It has been tested to work on Galaxy Nexus and Android Simulators (2.2,2.3, 4.0.2, 4.0.4, 4.1, 4.2 & 4.3)
However, the dev cannot guarantee that it could run / uninstall on all devices [coz I don't have all the devices].
If you encounter problem with you device, feel free to drop me an email!
### How to uninstall? ###
Locking Screen in Android requires the user of device administration function, you must deactivate device administration *BEFORE* uninstall to avoid error!
To do this:
•Go to "Lock Screen Settings" (in launcher) -> "Remove Device Administrator"
Alternatively, you may do it via
•Go to Settings -> Location & security (or Security) -> Select device administrators -> Uncheck this app.
After that, uninstall it in Play Store, in case of error during uninstall in Play Store, do it at Settings->Apps->Lock Screen-->Uninstall
[To use other hardware keys to unlock your device, try 'Widget Locker' / 'No Lock' app (not developed by me)]
Note if something goes wrong while updating from previous version, uninstall the app and then reinstall it!
Remember to stop and restart the service when you made a modification otherwise the changes will not be recognized.