This app provides, for the current weather conditions and a given engine configuration (engine model, gas, etc.), a jetting and exhaust length recommendation for IAME Parilla Leopard RL, X30 (Tillotson or Tryton carbs) and X30 Super 175 engines to get the best performance.
In order to get the weather values, the application can use the GPS to obtain the position and altitude, and the network connection to get the temperature, pressure and humidity from the nearest weather station. Nevertheless, the application can run without GPS and internet connection, in this case, the user has to enter the weather data.
The application is made up of four tabs that are described next.
- Results: In this tab, a recommended jetting and exhaust length setup are shown. These data are calculated depending on the weather conditions, the motor and track configuration given in the following tabs. The following values are given: high needle, low needle, pop-off pressure and exhaust length. Besides this information, the air density and density altitude are shown too. In addition, this tab lets do a fine tuning adjustment for the high and low needles to adapt to your concrete motor and carburetor.
- Weather: you can set the values for current temperature, pressure, altitude and humidity. The values of this screen can be manually set or can be loaded by the application reading the data from the nearest public weather station (from the GPS tab).
- Engine: you can set in this screen the information about your engine, carburator and track, that is, the engine type (Leopard, X30), the oil mix ratio and the type of the circuit (short or long tracks). Depending of the track type, the jetting setup will be adapted.
- GPS: This tab allows to use the GPS to get the current position and altitude, and connect to an external service to get the weather conditions of the nearest weather station (temperature, pressure and humidity).
The application works with different measure units: inHg, mb, mmHg, hPa, atm for pressure, ºC and ºF for temperature.
If you click in "More from developer" you can find the other karting tools from ISEnet:
- Kart Chassis Setup, that helps you set up your chassis easily, for all brands: CRG, Tony Kart, Maranello, Birel, Intrepid, Energy, etc.
- Other carburation apps for go karts:
+ Rotax Max EVO and non-EVO.
+ TM KZ / ICC / Shifter (K9, K9B, K9C, KZ10, KZ10B).
+ Honda CR125 powered shifter go-kart.
+ Modena KK1 & KK1R
+ IAME Shifter, Screamer & SuperShifter
+ Yamaha KT100.
- Air Density Meter: if you don't find a specific jotting app for your engine, you can use this app to create jeting charts.
- Apps for MX bikes (KTM, Honda CR & CRF, Yamaha YZ, Suzuki RM, Kawasaki KX).
We're working in new carburetion apps for other kart motors (LKE, Maxter, TKM, Vortex, WTP, etc.) and a new tech apps for Alfano / Mychron visualization. Please send us and email if you want to be notified when these tools are published.
ERRORS AND SUGGESTIONS:
Please understand that because of the variety of phones, android versions, operators, etc. it's very hard to develop bug-free applications. If you find any bug, please, send us an email to email@example.com explaining, as detailed as you can, the error that you've detected. We'll try to fix it or give an answer as soon as possible.
The application needs the next permissions:
- Your location: it lets the application get the position and the altitude using the GPS to know which is the nearest weather station.
- Storage: it's used for storing the config preferences.
- Network communication: it's used for invoke the external service which provides the current weather conditions
- Phone calls (read phone state and identity): it allows to get the system identifier in order to validate the license status of the installed application.