* automatic chart switching depending on current position and zoom level
* scrolling through all charts available for the current location by "press and hold" zoom buttons
* display of number of available charts for current location in the zoom buttons
* display of outlines of installed charts in active chart
* chart rotation (True North, True Course, Compass Heading, original chart orientation)
* support of non-mercator projections (Polyconic, Transverse Mercator, UTM, ...) by polynomials
* support of geodetic datum other than WGS84/NAD83 by applying northing and easting
* tracks, way points, routes
* follow route automatically
* intuitive route editor
* gpx import and export of waypoints and routes
* gpx export of tracks
* recording of tracks in active and standby mode
* compass (magnetic heading, true heading, true north indicator)
* different dashboard layouts (basic data, detailed route data, detailed GPS data including graphical status info)
* Man Over Board (MOB) functions
* import and storage of installed charts in external folders
* support of encrypted charts including activation via EMAIL
* switching between chart sets (support of large number of installed charts)
Marine Navigator doesn't come with pre-installed nautical charts. Instead it is able to import BSB/KAP raster navigational charts or to use native Marine Navigator MNX-charts (see menu->help for instructions). BSB/KAP charts are available for free download on the Internet:
* http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/mcd/Raster/index.htm (Suite of NOAA nautical charts that covers the coastal waters of the U.S. and its territories)
* http://www.mar.mil.br/dhn/chm/box-cartas-raster/raster_disponiveis.html (Suite of CHM nautical charts that covers the coastal waters of Brazil and its major rivers)
* http://www.linz.govt.nz/hydro/charts/digital-charts/nzmariner (NZMariner is the product name of New Zealand's Official RNC folio.)
* http://www.openseamap.org (Openseamap charts are based on Openstreetmap data enriched with additional nautical information. The charts cover selected european coastal waters).
Native Marine Navigator MNX-charts are offered by selected chart distributors. The charts are maintained by the distributor. They are not free. Further regions are coming):
* http://www.visitmyharbour.com/download-android-charts (Chart sets for UK/IRL, IBERIA, Belgium and Netherland)
* http://maps.soltek.se (Charts for Sweden and Finland)
Try before you buy: You can test the basic functions of Marine Navigator by downloading Marine Navigator Lite. If you like the app and are looking for a comprehensive set of navigational functions purchase this full version.
Search any list of top ten favorite cities in the country (or the world), and you'll almost always find San Francisco or SF as the locals say. The clanging cable cars, Victorian row houses, quirky neighborhoods and drop-dead gorgeous waterfront make this city by the bay a traveler's paradise. But one of the best ways to experience San Francisco is live like a local for a day. Rent a bike and head into Golden Gate Park. Drop by the Japanese Tea Garden or California Academy of Sciences (this being San Francisco: the world's greenest museum, with a 'living' roof). Cruise over to the Ferry Building and graze on organic oysters, local cheese and sustainably grown fruit for lunch before catching a ferry to Sausalito, Tiburon or Alcatraz (even locals love 'The Rock') for a meander. After eating yet another local, sustainable meal (think heirloom tomato salad, duck confit, truffle risotto) for dinner at any one of San Fran's eighty gazillion neighborhood restaurants, find a late-night cafe and talk politics, take a streetcar to AT&T Park for a SF Giants game, check out an indie band or just pick a neighborhood and explore. But this guide isn't just about San Francisco. Use the Gogobot San Francisco Bay Area City Guide to explore Silicon Valley, the Peninsula, the East Bay (Berkeley, Oakland, etc), and the North Bay.
What users love about the Gogobot San Francisco Travel Guide:
✓ EXPLORE the San Francisco Bay Area to the fullest.
✓ PLAN your next trip easily and discover where friends have been!
✓ BOOK a hotel on the go with just a tap.
✓ CREATE stunning photo postcards and reviews of places you've visited.
✓ GET INSPIRED with postcards and reviews by friends and travelers like you
✓ JOIN a community of passionate travelers from around the world.
Gogobot Tribes are communities of travelers who share common interests. Are you a trail-blazing jet-setter with an adrenaline addiction? The Adventure Tribe may be for you. Feel at home in high-end hotels in exotic locations? Check out the Luxury Tribe for great tips. Always on top of the latest local hotspots? The Trendsters Tribe and Nightlife Tribe is where you'll find your groove. With 19 Tribes, and more on the way, travel advice has never been more personal!
Share your travel experiences with your friends. Turn your photos into digital postcards and customize them with filters to make them look beautiful. You can share your postcards with friends via Facebook, Twitter, email or SMS. You can also browse beautiful postcards from around the world on the "Featured" feed.
What users are saying:
“Love this app, love the idea of tapping into my Facebook friend network for travel tips. Also love making postcards :)” – Paul, Australia
"I used to use Frommer's and Lonely Planet - now I use Gogobot for my ultimate travel guide." – Erica, NYC
"If you like TripAdvisor, Gogobot will blow your mind" – Michael Arrington, TechCrunch
"Its like Yelp for travel!" - Connie, San Jose, CA
Employers want leaders with broad skills who can think for themselves and solve problems in whatever form they take. Therefore, a school entrusted with preparing tomorrow’s global leaders must offer more than a rigorous academic program.
Leadership in the evolving global economy requires the ability to recognize and adapt to change, the flexibility to adopt of new technologies, insight into relationships with other people and cultures, creative problem solving within environmental constraints and a sound mind and body.
We hone the development of these characteristics through a process that students can rely on to succeed at every stage of life.