Rischio Sismico shows the map of Seismic Risk of Italian municipalities and the latest earthquakes in Italy.
Seismic events are taken directly from the portal of Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia. Earthquake data are published as GeoRSS approssimatively after 30 minutes from the earthquake.
Tha map of Seismic risk is taken from the National Geoportal of Ministero dell'Ambiente and it is provided from a WMS server.
The application has been developed independently by the author without any relationship with the INGV or the Ministero dell'Ambiente.
This application has the following features:
* Shows the map of Seismical Hazard of Italian Municipalities: areas in red are those with higher risk of earthquake, while areas in green are those with the lowest risk.
* Shows the latest seismic events in Italy (from INGV), both in map and in grid.
* Shows the detail of an earthquake simply long pressing on the correspondent icon (star).
* Refresh of latest earthquakes: just press the Refresh menu.
* Overlay with Google Maps™ Road or Satellite tiles.
* Zoom, Pan.
* Selection of shapes representing municipalities by rectangle and point (just press the selection tool button and select one or more municipalities).
* Grid visualization of municipalitities data.
Rischio Sismico is built with the "ItacaMap for Android", a programming framework that enables Java developers to build rich and high performance GIS applications for Android smartphones and tablets. ItacaMap is basically composed of a custom WMS/WFS server (OGC WMS 1.1.1 compliant) and a number of client libraries and application for different platforms (e.g.: Android, Silverlight, HTML5, Windows 8, etc.).
More information at the developer web site.