Pilot Weather (US)
- Weather.com App
- FAA NOTAM and TAF Searches
- Flight Planning Apps
- Supplies from Gliem, Sporty's and King Schools
- Information on Rating Requirements
- Log Book Apps
Resources for Buying a Plane
- NTSB Damage History Search
- FAA Registry Search
- Find a Plane on
And much, much more...
Keywords: aviation, pilot, flight, airplane, weather
Help us make this App a great pilot and aviation tool by sending us your suggestions too.
This app is no longer maintained. Thank you for your interest.
Pilot Club is an aviation news app featuring crew-centered news, with commentary about current events and issues of interest to the aviation community.
Keywords: pilot, club, news, aerospace, aviation, crew, airliner
Use this app to access your SkyDemon subscription on your Android device, unlocking SkyDemon's powerful features while on the move.
FLIGHT PLANNING FEATURES
- SkyDemon vector charts are the clearest aeronautical charts you'll ever use, with dynamic airspace clipping and choice of map layers
- Route planning is as simple as touching consecutive waypoints and dragging to make changes
- Virtual Radar shows how your route relates to airspace, terrain, obstructions and other features
- Pilot Log facility calculates headings and groundspeeds from actual wind data, and shows useful frequencies
- Plates and other documents for relevant airfields are displayed automatically as you plan
- Intuitive pan, pinch and rotate support with no loss of map clarity or text legibility
- File a VFR flightplan for your route directly to air traffic controllers
- Automatic TAF and METAR briefing as you plan a route, with graphical decoding
- Both narrow-route and area NOTAM briefings available, updated as you plan
- Advanced NOTAM graphical interpretation and depiction on the main map
- Warnings for airspace and other potential hazards to your flight, updated in real time
- Airfield Admin Information shows useful contacts and other details for airfields featured in our charts
- Forecast winds aloft are automatically retrieved for the flight time and displayed on the map
- Create an advanced flight performance profile for each aircraft you use
- ATS Routes mode offers an alternative chart presentation for flight along airways
- Accurate fuel, weight and balance calculations including flight costings
- Create an unlimited number of user-defined waypoints
- Analyse your track logs for posterity
- Choose between many different vector chart styles
- Extensive European chart coverage as standard
GPS NAVIGATION FEATURES
- Intelligent warnings for approaching airspace, NOTAM, obstacles, terrain and other hazards
- Virtual Radar shows a side-on projection of all approaching features and how your trajectory relates to them
- Vector map automatically follows the aircraft in north up, track up or course up orientation
- Clear and concise instruments show you flight statistics and help keep you on track
- An HSI/ILS instrument helps you keep to your planned route and line up early for approach
- Pilot Log shows progress through your route, ETAs, ATAs and useful frequencies based on your current position
- Direct To allows easy re-routing in a hurry by picking from a selection of nearby airfields
- Live updates of TAF and METAR while in flight, with associated alerts*
- Extended runway centrelines appear automatically on the map as you near your destination airfield
- Permanent display of position relative to nearest well-known waypoint, for position reporting
- Easy changing of the planned route while in flight by touching
* Internet connection required for live weather update while in flight
Flight connection guru
Aviability knows about almost all flights and airports in the world. Just select origin and destination airports and you get plenty of connection options found specifically for your request. Aviability finds air trips with short total duration and tends connecting flights of the same airline or multiple airlines belonging to the same alliance.
If connection possible, Aviability finds it!
Fast as jet airplane
Select origin and destination airports and get flights in less than a second depending on your Internet connection. Use calendar or just move departure date forward or backward by one day to investigate entire week flight options for a minute.
The arrow indicates the current leg. Allow several seconds for TRK and GS values to appear. When the TRK and GS values for the current leg stabilize, tap the arrow to capture them. After the values are captured for the third leg, MeasureTAS calculates and displays the true airspeed. Units (Knots, MPH, KMH) can be changed at any time.
The algorithm used in MeasureTAS was developed by Doug Gray and published in 1998. A copy of that paper is available here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4ZPZof_t62mWjM3Y0YtS3MtMDA/edit?usp=docslist_api
Upgrade to the Pro version for the following features:
-Raw and translated SNOWTAMs for airports worldwide
**for a limited time only 59p!**
Before you start your journey all you need to do is create a session; this includes adding contacts, message, destination and finally a radius around the destination. Once your phone enters the radius around your destination, EnRoute will automatically send the text message to your selected contacts. Next it will then notify you by vibrating and/or speaking to you. After it will then save the session, so you are able to select it again and only need to add a radius around the destination.
The uses of EnRoute are limitless, need to text your buddy's a few minutes beforehand to let them know you're nearly there to pick them up? need to text your mom that you got to your friends house safe?
The application is very simple to use:
First you choose who you wish to send to from your contacts.
Next you add a message, this can be from the template list or a new message.
Now you need to add a destination to where you are planning on going to.
Lastly you add a distance radius around the destination, what this does is creates a perimeter around the destination, once breached the text message will send!
The application will then alert you of this by vibrating and speaking to you.
So, what permissions does this application need?
ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION - To find where you are
ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - To find where you are
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - To check connectivity
INTERNET - To display the map
READ_CONTACTS - So you can choose a contact from your phone
WRITE_SMS - Once message is sent it is writen to your outbox (disable by default)
READ_SMS - Need to be able to read sms to write
SEND_SMS - Used to send a message to contact
VIBRATE - One of the methods of notifying that a text has sent
WAKE_LOCK - Needed for text-to-speech service to launch when phone is sleeping
You will be charged for texts by your normal network provider and of course never use this application while driving!
Two modes are available for setting the flight course or the heading.
Set the WD direction and speed. And, according to the mode chosen, set the intended flight course, or the heading, and get the resulting heading, or course, and the ground.
Two modes are available for setting the flight course or the heading.
Set the WD direction and speed. And, according to the mode chosen, set the intended flight course, or the heading, and get the resulting heading, or course, and the ground
Give the Wind Direction and Speed, the True Air Speed
and the intended Course, it calculates
the Heading (HD) you must fly and the
actual ground speed (GS).
- Automatic mode
- Memorize values
- Decimal precision
- Various display themes, including a night vision mode.