IAM Medical Guidelines will familiarize you with a curated selection of Clinical Practice Guidelines.
The app is a single container; you choose what to add. Most recently we offer a channel on guidelines for cancer screening from the Canadian Task Force on Preventive Health Care.
Other channels provide guideline content on:
1. Prevention of exacerbation of COPD and recommendations for the diagnosis and treatment of Asthma, from the Canadian Thoracic Society.
2. Breast Cancer Survivorship. In addition to recommendations for surveillance, these provide direction on comprehensive survivorship care including interventions for common long-term and late effects of breast cancer and its treatment.
3. Deprescribing. These guidelines will support health care providers and patients in reducing or stopping medications that may be harmful or no longer needed. This channel is presented as a set of decision trees for deprescribing antihyperglycemics, antipsychotics, benzodiazepine receptor agonists, cholinesterase inhibitors and proton pump inhibitors.
We simplify study by:
• Featuring only guidelines published by recognized authorities
• Selecting the recommendations most important to the intended audience of each guideline, using a Delphi process
• Working with guideline authors to condense each recommendation for easy scanning on the “Topics” page
• Using Push Notification where appropriate to reinforce learning
• Optimizing the text for easy reading on small devices, while maintaining access to the full original content
We encourage study by:
• Promoting reflective learning, using the research-proven Information Assessment Method. In the case of the deprescribing guidelines, the reader can augment their learning by completing a reflective IAM questionnaire after they run the algorithm.
App content is downloaded to your device only when you add a new channel, so you can study anywhere – the subway, in-flight, or at the cottage.