Google Play Editors’ Choice March 2014
"Pocket Casts is a Gorgeous Cross-Platform Mobile Podcast Manager" - Lifehacker
“It looks great, and is near perfect" - Beautiful Pixels
"We've been using v4.5 for a little while now, and it's a damned fine upgrade, and well worth the $3.99 if you've been waiting to give it a shot" - Android Central
AUTO DOWNLOAD: Pick any podcast you like, set it to auto-download while you sleep. Save your cell data for when it matters.
SYNC & BACKUP: Sync your subscriptions, playback and filters between Android and iOS devices, and backup your data to the cloud. You can now drop your phone in a toilet and not lose your podcasts. We dare you.
FILTERS: Want a list of every unplayed, downloaded podcast? Right here. How about a list of video episodes that you haven’t downloaded yet? Easy. Sorting your shows by custom categories? Done.
CHROMECAST: Cast your episodes straight to your TV with a single tap.
STORAGE: Set your episode storage location and how many episodes of a podcast you want to keep. We’ll clean up the rest. News mode added for the contemporaries among us.
VARIABLE SPEED: Play audio all the way from 0.5x to 3.0x, no dodgy plugins to download, no fuss, just pure unadulterated speed.
DESIGN: We've kept a close eye on the Android design guidelines while making your podcasts the focus.
VIDEO & AUDIO: Pocket Casts lets you toggle video podcasts to audio and back again for when you’re on the move.
CONTROL: Control your podcasts from the widget, notification center, lock screen, headphones, Bluetooth, Android Wear and even Pebble with custom skip intervals.
SLEEP TIMER: Fall asleep to your favorite boring podcasts.
THEMES: Dark and light themes, to suit your location and mood.
REFRESH: Instantly refresh all your podcasts before other apps even have a chance to do 1! Our server monitors your podcasts, so your phone doesn't have to.
OPML: Import or export your subscriptions easily to and from our app.
TABLET SUPPORT: It’s an equal opportunity app, with support for both phones and tablets.
SHARING: Share your favorite podcasts, episodes and positions in episodes. Sharing is caring.
DISCOVER: Find great new content with curated featured podcasts, currently trending podcasts, networks and much more.
SUPPORT: Provided via email, Twitter, Facebook and Google+. Heck we occasionally even log in to Reddit to say hello. We also have a rocking User Guide for those that prefer a little hand-holding.
There are many more powerful, straight forward features help you make Pocket Casts yours and in case you were wondering, here’s what Pocket Casts DOESN’T have: ads, episode limits, pushy trials, feature bloat or plugins.
It. Just. Works.
With nearly 3 million downloads, BeyondPod’s streamlined interface and powerful controls give you
easy access to millions of audio and video episodes from small publishers like local radio stations to "big name" publishers like CNN, ESPN, BBC, CBC.
• ACCESS hundreds of thousands of free audio and video podcasts from all over the world.
• PLAY your content everywhere - online or offline.
• CUSTOMIZE your playlist the way you like.
This is a "Lite" version with 7 day full feature trial
• DISCOVER A WORLD OF PODCASTS IN YOUR HAND
Discover thousands of free audio and video shows from all over the world. Search for feeds or browse our extensive library of popular Podcasts.
Import your own files (music, audio books, lectures & more) and play them with our powerful player.
• PLAY PODCASTS YOUR WAY
Adjust the playback speed, set a sleep timer, use "volume boost", or "cast"
to your TV - we have all the tools to enjoy your content the way you like it.
• FOCUS ON WHAT MATTERS
BeyondPod’s configurable "skip/replay" buttons let you easily skip over
parts that you’re not interested in, or replay parts you missed.
• CAST TO THE "BIG" SCREEN WITH CHROMECAST
Cast your audio or video episodes to your TV via Chromecast directly from
• SMART PLAYLISTS
BeyondPod’s Smart Playlists automatically create playlists based on your listening
preferences. You can build a playlist for your daily commute, another for 'At the Gym' or 'On the Train' etc.
• COMPLETE CONTROL
Decide which episodes to download, when and over which connection as well as how long
to keep old episodes. Choose to automatically update a single feed, all the feeds in a
given category, or all feeds.
• CUSTOMIZABLE CONNECTION SETTINGS
Save bandwidth and battery by scheduling your downloads at a specific time, only when connected to WiFi,
or only when the phone is charging.
• HOME SCREEN WIDGET AND PLAY LIST SHORTCUTS
Resizeable Home Screen Widget gives you quick access to your player and playlist. Start your favorite
Smart Playlists directly from your home screen.
• INTEGRATED WITH FEEDLY
Complete Feedly integration allows you to access older episodes that are no longer part of the publisher's feed.
You can also easily import your Feedly subscriptions as well as synchronize read and starred posts between a PC and your phone.
Like to live on the cutting edge? Subscribe to our BETA channel on Google Play!
Details at: http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA
-Lifehacker finds DoggCatcher to be "The Best Podcast Manager for Android"
-Android Central's Editors' Choice podcatcher of the year
-Android Central's Readers' Choice runner up podcatcher of the year
-Easy to subscribe new podcasts
-Auto download and cleanup of media files
-Offline playback of audio and video podcasts
-Customizable audio playlists
-Supports devices of all sizes
-Build in variable speed playback
-Home screen widget for easy access to playback controls
-Automatically updates podcasts on your schedule
-Automatically download new media
-Automatically deletes media
Add podcasts by
-Browsing Top 100 DoggCatcher podcasts
-Searching podcast and news directories
-Importing from OPML
Integrated Audio/Video Player
-Plays downloaded audio/video
-Streams audio over network (wifi/cell)
-Remembers play position of media file
-Plays video formats supported by Android - http://developer.android.com/guide/appendix/media-formats.html
-Audio playlist for continuous playback of new media
-Video/News playlists for easy navigation of new media
Community and support
-Frequently updated - http://mantis.doggcatcher.com/changelog_page.php
-Very active user community in forums - http://www.doggcatcher.com/forum
-Support via forums and email
-Battery/data plan friendly - can limit downloads based on network/power connections
-Media download queue can be viewed and managed
-Bluetooth support (A2DP/AVRCP)
-Supports authenticated feeds (username/password)
For any questions about application permissions, please see http://www.doggcatcher.com/permissions
Community and support at doggcatcher.com
* Cloud refresh: our servers will push updates to your phone and thus save traffic and power. (login required)
* Cloud backup subscriptions (login required)
* Google plus account integration
* Built in variable speed playback: you can set different playback speed for each podcast (Android 4.1+ required)
* Import supported media files (such as audio books) as virtual podcast
* Import itunes subscriptions from OPML file
* Supports streaming and offline playback
* Customizable headset media button actions
* Customizable rewind/fast forward/beginning skip time: global or for each podcast
* Customizable notification buttons
* Automatic download
* iTunes based search
* Sleep Timer
* Auto cleanup
* WiFi filter
* Chromecast support
Help translating Podcast O2 to your language:
Join to our Tester community
Application available Language:
Russian (Thanks to Alexander Davydov)
* Your Accounts
This permission lets Podcast O2 provide the option to log in or sign up with Google.
Features: Video playback (now in beta!), Companion web app, Tablet+Chromecast+Android Wear, Speed control, Sleep timer, Material design, Search 3 million episodes, Personal recommendations, Homescreen+lockscreen widgets, Interactive notification, Play local files, Flexible settings.
Android Central: "Just looks amazing ... packed with useful features ... tell it what you're interested in and watch it work its magic"
LifeHacker: "Guides you to smart, interesting podcasts"
Tested: "Right from the start, I found the experience of using Player FM enjoyable"
All About Android: Winner, app arena http://goo.gl/wXjkIW
GigaOm: "Makes podcasts look cool again"
Minimal permissions are used - some background here: http://goo.gl/hYHVSx
CLOUD SYNC ON MULTIPLE PLATFORMS
Like Spotify or YouTube, your subscriptions sync in the cloud so you can setup once for life and use the app on multiple devices. The cloud model also saves you bandwidth and battery by fetching feeds in the server instead of checking every publisher's server for updates.
FOLLOW TOPICS, NOT JUST SHOWS
Get fresh recommendations on your favorite topics, ready for immediate streaming or download. Our catalogue goes deep, with 500+ niche topics to follow. Not just "Tech", but "Android", "Gaming", "Programming", etc. Follow your favorite TV show, sport, industry, etc.
Subscriptions and Play Later lists proactively downloaded for offline use, with auto-cleanup. All highly configurable.
Browse shownotes for all episodes in the publisher's feed and immediately stream any episode or save it for later even if you're not subscribed. You can even search full shownotes for over 3 million episodes.
Resume where you left off, mark played, browse your history.
Your subscriptions import and export as OPML in case you ever want to move to another app #sadface.
WORKS GREAT WITH ...
Chromecast, Android Wear, Samsung Gear S (#Gear_Rich_Notifications), enhanced sound on Dolby® Digital Plus™ compatible devices, LG Quick Circle™, Music Boss integration on Android Wear, Podlove Subscribe button.
FREE FOREVER WITH NO ADS
Manage up to 20 subscriptions, enable Gold trial directly in the app for unlimited subscriptions + other benefits (Gold launches later this year but you can activate the trial now).
ACTIVELY DEVELOPED AND SUPPORTED
We're always working to improve the app. We love your feedback and respond quickly to every mail, so get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or suggestions! We're also active and respond on Twitter, Google+, Facebook. Join our Google+ beta community for news and early access to new features (currently Play Later re-ordering). http://goo.gl/gW4zxn
Listen, Download, Share the Best Podcast in the World:
- TED Radio Hour
- Welcome to Night Vale
- Radiolab from WNYC
- 60 Minutes - Full Audio
- Android Central
- Stuff You Should Know
- Don't Tell Me! Podcast
- Fresh Air Podcast
- Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
- The Moth Podcast
- Philosophize This!
- This American Life
Import your Itunes Podcast
Subscribe news Podcasts
Share your favorite Podcast
All this quickly and simply...
MOTEUR DE RECHERCHE
Recherchez vos émissions par radio ou par mot clé.
Abonnez-vous à vos émissions préférées, recevez automatiquement tous les nouveaux épisodes et écoutez les sur votre mobile ou votre tablette.
Accédez ainsi à toute l’actualité en France et dans le monde, à toute la culture et toutes les musiques : chanson française, pop, rock, rap, électro, jazz, musique classique…
L’écoute hors connexion
Pour plus d’infos sur les Nouveaux Médias de Radio France, suivez le blog : http://nvx.radiofrance.fr
Full featured Podcast Manager (podcatcher) and RSS feed reader
* DISCOVER thousands of free audio and video shows from all over the world.
* PLAY your content everywhere - either online or offline.
* CUSTOMIZE your playlist to match your listening preferences.
This is a "Lite" version with 7 day full feature trial!
* Sophisticated podcast download engine gives you complete control of how many podcasts to download and how long to keep the old versions. Downloads new content in the background, so you spend more time enjoying your feeds, and less time waiting on them.
* BeyondPod provides full control over what is being downloaded over your data connection. Update a single feed, feeds in a given category, or all feeds. Download a single podcast, the latest podcasts, or all podcasts for a given feed. Nothing happens without your knowledge. Podcast downloads can be scheduled to occur at a specific time, only when connected to WiFi, or only when the phone is charging. BeyondPod also offers an option to automatically (1) Turn WiFi on, (2) Update your feeds, (3) Turn WiFi back off.
* BeyondPod's integrated podcast player support variable playback speed and tracks what podcasts you have listened to. There is also a configurable TiVo style "commercial skip" that lets you easily skip over content that you are not interested in.
* BeyondPod's Smart Playlist automatically generates playlists based on your listening preferences. (For example: First play the 2 newest podcasts of feed A, Then play the oldest podcast of Feed B. etc.). If you follow multiple podcasts Smart Playlist is an excellent way to always listen to what you want.
* BeyondPod's Home Screen Widget gives you one-button access to your podcasts, SmartPlay, and SmartPlay updates directly from your phone's Home screen.
* Integration with Feedly allows you to easily import your Feedly subscriptions. BeyondPod will also synchronize the "Read" and "Starred" status of individual posts so you can read the same feed on both PC or Phone.
* Assign feeds to various categories (such as News, Sports, or Technology) for convenient filtering by topic.
* Use BeyondPod to discover new podcasts and RSS feeds. Search for feeds, import feeds from a variety of popular directories, Feedly, or from external OPML files.
* Import any local files (music, audio books, voice notes etc) and make them playable in BeyondPod audio/video player as if they were podcasts.
* BeyondPod supports Chromecast - cast your audio or video episodes to connected Chromecast devices directly from BeyondPod.
* Use the Sleep feature to automatically turn the podcast playback off after predetermined period of time.
* BeyondPod supports both wired and Bluetooth headsets.
Like to live on the cutting edge? Subscribe to our BETA channel on Google Play! (details at: http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA)
This is a "Lite" version of Cast++ Podcast Player supports up to 3 subscriptions!
* Discover & Subscribe your favorite podcasts in many ways by
- Searching by keywords
- Browsing podcast categories
- Browsing popular podcast list
- Importing podcasts from RSS URL directly
* Integrated Audio/Video Player
- Streams the audio/video episodes over network
- Plays downloaded audio/video episodes
- Shows front cover and notes of the playing episode
- Toggle video episodes to audio
* Instant Refresh Podcast Feeds
Our servers update the podcast feeds in time. Your phone could refresh all podcasts you subscribed in the same time instantly. (Other apps take much time and create huge traffic to update the feeds one by one.)
* Integrated Multitask Download Manager with Powerful Controls
Download more than one podcast audio/video files in the same time by the integrated podcast download manager. You can start, pause and continue the download tasks easily.
Please email us if you have any issues! Thanks for your support.
Cast++ Podcast Player, Enjoy Your Podcasts!
[Popular Podcasts for Android in Cast++ Podcast Player]
This American Life
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
NPR: TED Radio Hour Podcast
NPR Programs: Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! Podcast
NPR Programs: Fresh Air Podcast
Doug Stanhope's Podcast
Stuff You Should Know
The Moth Podcast
NPR: Planet Money Podcast
TiÃ«sto`s Club Life Podcast
The Dave Ramsey Show
NPR: Car Talk Podcast
Stuff You Missed in History Class
ESPN: The B.S. Report with Bill Simmons
Hardwell On Air Official Podcast
The Adam and Dr. Drew Show
Daft Punk | Random Access Memories | The Collaborators
NPR: How To Do Everything Podcast
StarTalk Radio Show by Neil deGrasse Tyson Â» Shows
Above & Beyond: Group Therapy
Science Friday Audio Podcast
Ross Tucker Football Podcast
MSNBC Rachel Maddow (video)
The EntreLeadership Podcast
A State of Trance Official Podcast
NPR: All Songs Considered Podcast
NBC Nightly News (video)
Joel Osteen Audio Podcast
Ice Age 4: â€œSid Shuffleâ€
How Did This Get Made?
The Jillian Michaels Show
NPR: Snap Judgment Podcast
Comedy Central Stand-Up
The Splendid Table
NPR: Pop Culture Happy Hour Podcast
ESPN Radio: Best of Mike and Mike
The Rich Eisen Podcast
The Official Mark Levin Audio Rewind
Grammar Girl Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing
Jenni Hogan's Next Big Thing
Comedy Bang Bang: The Podcast
Think Entrepreneurship | Interviews with Entrepreneurs | Entrepreneur Tips, Advice, and Inspiration
AVICII - LEVELS PODCAST
Common Sense with Dan Carlin
Talk of the Nation
Let My People Think Broadcasts
60 Minutes - Full Audio
MSNBC Rachel Maddow (audio)
The Glenn Beck Program
The Grantland Network
The Economist: All audio
NPR: Ask Me Another Podcast
Joyce Meyer Radio Podcast
Mars Hill Church: Mark Driscoll Audio
Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
MSNBC Hardball with Chris Matthews
Coffee Break French
The Dan Patrick Show: Podcast
Joyce Meyer TV Audio Podcast
Andy Stanley Leadership Podcast
The Alex Jones Show - Infowars.com
The Economist: Money talks
Your Move with Andy Stanley Podcast
Stuff To Blow Your Mind
On the Media
Here's The Thing
ESPN: Baseball Tonight with Buster Olney
You Made It Weird with Pete Holmes
Motley Fool Money
Dada Life: The Podcast
APM: A Prairie Home Companion's News from Lake Wobegon
On Being with Krista Tippett
NPR Topics: Story of the Day Podcast
NPR: Intelligence Squared U.S. Debates Podcast
The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe
ESPN: Fantasy Focus Baseball
Timothy Keller Podcast
This Week in YouTube (HD)
New content and older podcasts. Hours and hours of listening pleasure.
All National, Regional and Local BBC Radio stations including:
BBC Radio 1
BBC Radio 2
BBC Radio 3
BBC Radio 4
BBC Radio 4 extra
BBC Radio 5 live
BBC Radio 5 live sports extra
BBC Radio 1Xtra
BBC Radio 6 Music
BBC Radio Asian Network
BBC Radio Cymru
BBC Radio Scotland
BBC Radio nan Gaidheal
BBC Radio Wales
BBC Radio Berkshire
BBC Radio Solent
BBC Radio Humberside
BBC Radio Leeds
BBC Radio Leicester
BBC Radio Merseyside
BBC Radio London
BBC Radio Manchester
BBC Radio Norfolk
BBC Radio Oxford
BBC Radio Sheffield
BBC Radio Suffolk
BBC Radio Tees
BBC Radio Newcastle
BBC Radio Wiltshire
Full program list for each station, listing both the most recent podcasts and also podcasts up to a year old.
See menu settings to change app theme or view your saved podcasts.
BBC Radio Podcasts is free!
Forget heavy and expensive applications with a plenty of unuseful features. uPods make all job done for you. Collect your podcasts and listen them with our powerful media player. We are sure that you'll find our playlists more than comfortable.
Maybe you want to transfer podcasts to PC or other device? It's not a problem, we keep it in an ordered way on the phone's disk. Just copy folder with nice sorted podcasts files to needed device. Don't want to download? Our streaming option allow you to listen to all episodes of selected podcast without download any files! Simply select necessary episode and you'll get all podcast feed in your playlist, you don't need search for them in whole app. Just enjoy of auto-generated easy to use playlist!
Need to find some podcast? Try out our iTunes based search!
Access to all iTunes podcasts directly from your Android phone! Just click search button and get fifty most interesting results! Don't know what exactly you search? We brought to you hundreds most popular podcasts built in! Choose category from menu and get access to the best podcasts in the world! Moreover no longer need to check for updates in your Favorites, uPods will do it for you! Simply select update interval and you'll get all last episodes exactly in a time.
* Organize everything
- Simply add your most loved podcasts to Favorites and keep yourself updated with latest episodes of your favorite podcasts.
* Easy, clean and intuitive user interface
- You always know where you are in app, no need to learn something new, just start to use.
* Download podcasts and play it anytime you want
- Download episodes in queue and listen whenever you desire.
* Fully automated cleanup of media files
- Take care of your space on disk, set how many episodes you want to keep, and have app to clean old staff for you.
* Landscape support
- Use app the way want.
* Audio, video, notes and even pdf support
- For those who cares.
* Stream audio over WiFi or cellular network
- Can't wait for downloading, just stream.
* Full tablet support
- If you are an owner of tablet, you will be glad to use our app on your device.
* Playlists based audio player
- Comfortable auto-generated playlists, even if you stream.
* Browse iTunes-like categories
- We designed our application with hundreds best podcasts that are already in.
* iTunes based search
- Search the most biggest iTunes database for staff you need and get fifty the most interesting results.
* Multilingual interface and full RTL support
- uPods translated to English, Russian, Spanish, Hebrew, Korean, Chinese and Arabic. We work hard to make usability of app comfortable for you.
Over 10 million people use Pocket to easily save articles, videos, and other web content for later. With Pocket, all your items go to one place, so you can view, organize and share them anytime, on any device, even offline.
Don’t lose track of the interesting things you find by emailing yourself links, keeping a long list of bookmarks, or simply letting tabs pile up in your browser for later. Just save them to Pocket, and they’ll be ready whenever you are.
WHAT CAN I SAVE FOR LATER?
Save articles, news stories, blog posts, videos, recipes, and any web links that you find online or from your favorite apps.
If it’s in Pocket, it’s seamlessly synced across your phone, tablet, and computer. Perfect for commutes, travel, or curling up on your couch.
BETTER VIEWING EXPERIENCE
Read articles and watch videos in a beautiful easy-to-view layout that improves the viewing experience of any page.
Pocket even works when you’re offline. Access links and articles you’ve saved even without an Internet connection. You can also set Pocket to only download when connected to Wi-Fi to reduce data usage.
Archive or Favorite links you’ve read or watched. Add Tags to organize related content into topics or categories and stay in sync across all your devices.
USE WITH YOUR FAVORITE APPS AND SITES
Whether you’re browsing online or on-the-go with apps like Flipboard and Feedly, Pocket lets you save great content wherever you find it. You can save for later with a single click from any share menu on your phone or your computer using our Browser Extensions or bookmarklets for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. After you’re done reading or watching, send the articles and videos you enjoyed to another friend’s Pocket, or share to Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, or email.
Save as many articles, videos and links as you want. Pocket will highlight the best and most relevant items in your list, organized by topic, source, and length, so that you can always find something interesting to read or watch.
Upgrade anytime to Premium for a more powerful Pocket experience. Pocket Premium unlocks a permanent library for the articles and webpages you save; gives you full-text, topic, tag, and author search to help you find exactly what you’re looking for; and delivers suggested tags that take the work out of organizing your list.
Learn more about us at http://www.getpocket.com/.
Questions about requested permissions? See http://getpocket.com/permissions
Pocket is compatible with all Android devices running Android 2.3+.
Support all kind of news and blog formats (including not limited to RSS, ATOM, Podcast)
Offers advanced, cutting-edge capabilities, including the most comprehensive podcasting support available today.
Support downloads Podcast for offline playback
Support download full article (mobilize) for offline reading
Add your own news source and choose from predefined feeds and podcasts
Easy Search: You can search for a news source by simple keywords
Integration with Google Reader: Import all your RSS feeds from Google Reader into RssDemon is easy
Import/Export from and to OPML: You can easily import feed from OPML and Export through backup
View article comments/image
Full application Backup / Restore (all settings, feeds and articles)
Highly customizable UI and support multiple theme colors with both dark and light background (
Smart notification to alert user when new article become available
Easy share: Share feed article and news on many sources. Sharing it via Facebook, Twitter and Email is easy (Requires Facebook and Twitter Android app installed)
Easy sorting: User can define Sort Article by Unread/Read First, Date ASC/DESC and Title
User can create news shortcut on desktop
User can choose to use SDCard for cache storage and even move application to sdcard (app2sdcard)
Feed grouping: With feed grouping, user cans easily categorize and locate feed; user can switch between Group View and Flat View
Hide unread: Don't like to see unread feed or article, this option make it easy to navigate
Offline reading: RssDemon download and cache article and image locally for easy offline reading.
Automatic download for new article: User can also choose to download mobilize article and podcast automatically by application for any new article/podcast
HTTP-Auth/Password: for protected feed, user now can enter a http auth and password
To start, follow a few topics, and Flipboard creates your personal magazine. You can always add more as you find new topics, magazines or interesting people to follow.
Read world class publications like The New York Times, PEOPLE magazine, Fast Company, and Vanity Fair on Flipboard -- find any source with the search bar. You can also connect Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to Flipboard and easily flip through pictures and posts from friends.
Save stories you enjoy or express a point of view. Use the + button on anything you find to collect it into your own magazine. You can see all your magazines in your Flipboard Profile. For more on how to make your own magazine, visit www.flipboard.com.
Download Flipboard and get started today—it’s free!
Plus more great features:
• Collect stories you love into your own magazine. Tap the “+” button on any story, select ‘create a magazine’ and collect favorite stories, images or videos.
• Manage all your magazines in a convenient dashboard at https://editor.flipboard.com/
• Read The Daily Edition to quickly check the news you need for your day, with stories hand-picked by our editorial staff.
• Go to your Flipboard to check what’s happening now. Use the home button on the phone (or Cover Stories on tablets) to see highlights across everything you’re following.
• Enjoy Flipboard in 24 localized editions—for Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latin America, Malaysia, Netherlands, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, U.S., U.K., U.S. Latino.
• On tablets, explore hundreds of staff picks in the Content Guide (tap the red ribbon at the top), including must-read magazines and blogs, gorgeous photography and special curated sections devoted to the news of the day and other interests.
• Use the Flipboard widget for quick access on your Android device.
• Add content from the web to your Flipboard magazines through the bookmarklet at share.flipboard.com.
KEEP UP ON FLIPBOARD:
For tips and other helpful information visit our website http://www.flipboard.com and follow us via @flipboard on Twitter, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/flipboard and Google+ at https://plus.google.com/+Flipboard.
To learn more about how to use Flipboard, visit our Support Page. http://flipboard.com/support
If you are having technical issues or have any questions, contact us at http://flip.it/support.
This trial version provides you full access to all the great uPod features for seven days – get the uPod License for unlimited access.
▪ Audio playback with speed control¹
▪ Video playback including audio only option
▪ Chromecast support
▪ Support for bluetooth headsets and headset controls
▪ Offline show notes
▪ Drag-and-drop playlist
▪ Cross device sync for playback positions, playlist and nearly everything else
▪ Coverart centric, podcast colored user interface
▪ Effective inbox workflow for assorting new episodes
▪ Automatic, resumable downloads
▪ Automatic media file cleanup
▪ Lock screen and notification playback controls
▪ Podcast subscription management
▪ Podcast specific settings
▪ News mode (only keep newest episode(s) of a podcast)
▪ Discover/search new podcasts
▪ OPML import and export
▪ Responsive layout (looking great on phone and tablet support)
▪ Material design (Lollipop/Android 5)
▪ you need a Google account for uPod to work
▪ ¹) Audio playback speed control requires the installation of an additional app like e.g. the free "Prestissimo". See http://upod.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/298669 for details
uPod is available in
▪ English and
Visit the support site to get help or vote for missing features.
Please contact us through the support site if something isn't working as expected.
See http://upod.mobi to learn how to follow us via RSS, Google+ or Twitter.
2014 Google Editor’s Choice Winner as one of the top rated daily news apps on Google Play.
Up-to-the-minute national & world breaking news in a lightning-fast, beautifully personalized interface.
“News Republic offers the cure for infobesity” CNET.
“If you love news, News Republic is the right app for you!” AppDictions.
“Best News App”! AppStorm.
• Visual: Get the latest breaking news headlines from your favorite topics in a highly visual format.
• Smart: News Republic learns as you read, personalizing your news experience automatically.
• In the know: My News Digest is your daily news briefing built around YOU.
• Complete: We bring you complete articles with full text, photos and videos from trusted sources around the world.
• Yours: Choose from over 1m topics for a custom home screen and news experience.
• In-depth: Explore related topics via Tag Nav™, our innovative news navigation system.
• Customizable: Add custom headlines from your favorite RSS newsfeeds.
Featured news partners include Reuters, Bloomberg, Huffington Post, TechCrunch and many more.
Get complete news coverage on: National News, World News, Technology, Politics, Sports, Entertainment and over 1 million topics that you can personalize.
News Republic offers worldwide breaking news headlines in 12 regional editions - USA, UK, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, China, Canada, Mexico, Russia, LatAm and International.
Create your own news personal profile and use across multiple devices by signing in with either email, Facebook or your Google + profile.
You can even save news articles for reading or sharing later and access a snapshot of the entire app’s newsfeeds offline if you know you’re going to be out of coverage.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Be informed. Be prepared. Be engaged.
Facebook - facebook.com/News.Republic
Twitter - @NewsRepublic
YouTube - youtube.com/MyNewsRepublic
Extensions included for Android Wear
Companion app available for Samsung Gear
With home screen widget, your favorite radios/podcasts are just at the tip of your fingers.
This is ads supported app. With in-app purchase ads can be removed. There's no any functionality difference between ads supported and ads free version.
- Live streams from 300+ NPR, BBC, and CBC member radio stations
- Restart the audio play from where it is left before
- Pause/resume audio play on incoming phone
- Ability to skip the beginning part of the podcast
- Set your favorite radio station as alarm
- Sleep mode to turn off radio after scheduled time
- Play in background
- Download and play it any time you want
- Instance search as you type
- Ability to save download to SD card
- Ability to add new radio station manually
- Ability to add new podcast manually
- Home screen widget for easy play control and quick access
- Chromecast support