• Location Selection is automatic, but can be done manually to choose over thousands of cities over the world.
• A 3D Visualization showing and explaining the path of the sun and the duration of the day.
• Comes with two widgets for you to keep track of daily timings.
• Also keep track of the planets rise and set times.
• Has Civil, Astronomical and Nautical Sunrise Sunset times.
• Shows Transit time, Length of day,Julian Day, Right Ascension (RA) and Declination of Sun.
• Very useful for Photographers. It will help in tracking shadows.
[Tip] : Keep pressing on the [<] or [>] Button to see the duration of day and night changing as the season changes!
Tags: Sun, Sunrise, Sunset, Astronomy.
Upgrade to the full version for widgets and an ad-free experience. With home-screen and lock-screen widgets, you don't even have to open the app to see the current rise and set times.
---Three Methods for Finding Location and Timezone---
1. Use your device's GPS to use your current location and timezone.
2. Pick a city from a provided list. This is great if you have no GPS or internet connection. The location and timezone data are stored locally in this list.
3. Use a Google Map to specify a manual location. This works without GPS, but you need an internet connection. IMPORTANT: With this method you must also manually specify the timezone.
---Barely Uses the GPS---
When the GPS is used, it is turned off right after a location is found. Then it continues to use this "last known location" unless you request an updated one. This saves your battery and puts the control of the GPS in your hands.
---Google Map for location without GPS---
Can't get a GPS signal, use the Google Map feature with an internet connection to pick your location.
---Works Without An Internet Connection---
No internet connection is needed for the GPS to work or to choose a city from the list. The data is calculated locally to give you an accurate sunrise and sunset time. If you wish to use the Google Map you will need an internet connection, but once your location is chosen the internet is no longer needed.
---Customize The Display---
Choose to see more or less details. Show or hide seconds, AM/PM, and if the US or EU daylight savings time is used.
---Why This App?---
Knowing when the sun will rise or set in your area can be useful for many reasons, such as:
- Hauling Wide Loads
1) Sunrise and sunset
2) Civil Dawn and Dusk
3) Nautical Dawn and Dusk
4) Astronomical Dawn and Dusk
The computation is done using the formulae at http://williams.best.vwh.net/sunrise_sunset_algorithm.htm. Note that since these formulae do not take into account the elevation of the place, the computed values may be slightly inaccurate for places much above sea level.
· Sunrise and sunset times with azimuths
· Civil, nautical and astronomical twilight times
· Solar noon with elevation
· Golden hours
· Length of daylight
· Rise, set and transit times for the moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune
· Lunar phase and illuminated fraction
· Track the azimuth and elevation of the sun, moon and planets individually or together
· Solar and lunar eclipses 2000-2020
· Solstices and equinoxes 2000-2020
· Earth aphelion and perihelion 2000-2020
· Notifications and alarms for sun and moon rise and set events
· Monthly calendar views showing how times change each day
· Choice of light and dark themes
You can use your location from wireless networks or GPS, select places on a map, search by name or zip code or enter coordinates. Locations can be saved for later use.
Please email me with problems, questions and suggestions, I'm happy to help!
***** New feature: Sun, moon and planet tracker *****
This feature shows the path of the sun, moon or any planet through the sky. This has many uses including garden planning, photography and even finding a shady spot to park your car.
The path is shown as a line on a compass disc, where the edge represents the horizon and the center is vertically up. You can view this on a road map, satellite map, or a plain background. Compass rotation is supported on the plain background.
***** New feature: Alarms *****
As well as setting simple notifications for events, you can now set up alarms so you'll never miss a sunrise photo opportunity!
***** Example uses *****
Here are some examples of what Sundroid can be used for. If you've found another use, let me know!
· Hunting and fishing
· Photo and film shoots
· Planning holidays and outdoor events
· Positioning solar panels
· Planning a garden
· Choosing a new home
· Parking your car in the shade
***** About permissions *****
In case you're concerned about permissions, here's what Sundroid needs them for. I'm happy to answer any question you have about security, so please feel free to get in touch.
· Internet access: Used to look up the name and time zone of your location, and for location selection using maps and search. Connects to Google only; there is no usage monitoring. Offline use is supported.
· Coarse and fine location: Allows Sundroid to get your current location (at your request) using GPS or networks.
· Prevent device from sleeping: Allows an alarm to keep sounding until you dismiss it. Otherwise it might be cancelled before you wake.
· Disable keylock: Allows Sundroid to show an alarm when the phone is locked so you can dismiss it without having to unlock the phone yourself. Keylock is re-enabled as soon as the alarm is dismissed.
· Start at boot: Alarms and notifications are cancelled when the phone is turned off, and this permission allows Sundroid to reset them.
· Control vibrator: For alarms and notifications.
· External storage: Google Maps uses this to cache map tiles for better performance. Sundroid does not read or write anything on SD.
· Google services: Required by Google Maps. Sundroid does not use it.
Updates every 15 minutes when phone is not sleeping. Remaining time will not be exact. Uses minimal battery.
Credit to ZManim project for solar calculations library.
No subscriptions needed, No signup needed nothing! All you need is the Rss news magic and simply enter a website and it will show you all the news for that site. You dont even need to know where the RSS feed is, just enter the web site.
This great news application also comes complete with a widget to show you the current headlines and can be set to update on a schedule you want. RSS news magic was designed for you to be easy to use but has all the features that most do not have.
RSS News Magic has what we call Simple Feed and news finder. All you need to do is click Add in the options menu, enter a title for the feed or news then simply enter the web address for the site and our application will find any feeds and news attached to the web site.
• No ads
• Free updates
• Easily find web feeds, just enter the site.
• Get unlimited news and RSS feeds
• Customize settings for font size
• Proxy support
• .opml file import and export control
• Store photos and Images from feeds on SD
• Includes widget and application
• Dark semi transparent Widget added
Nothing beats RSS News Magic for getting and managing your news and RSS feeds. Check it out and see the custom settings and the all new, Application and widget in 1.
Please leave feedback and rate our application, let us know how we are doing. Please rate the application!
- Syncing and backup: back up your subscriptions, podcasts, playlists & progress with our server and your other android devices. You can now drop your phone in a toilet and not lose your podcasts. After syncing, setting up a new phone has never been easier
- Powerful smart playlists: Want a list of every unplayed, downloaded podcast? Right here. How about a list of video episodes that you haven’t downloaded yet? Easy
- Built in audio variable speed playback: all the way from 0.5x to 3.0x, no dodgy plugins to download, no fuss, just pure unadulterated speed
- Stunning phone and tablet interface: We've kept a close eye on the Android design guidelines while building the simplest and most powerful Pocket Casts interface yet. Simple, powerful, beautiful.
- Dark & Light: two themes to choose from, to suit your location and mood.
- Video & audio: Pocket Casts lets you toggle video podcasts to audio (when Leo comes on), then back again (when someone better looking is speaking)
- Absolute control: Control your podcasts from the widget, notification center, lock screen, headphones, bluetooth and many other ways
But wait, there's more!
- Auto download: configure the smart playlist of your choice, and then tell the app to auto-download your favorite episodes
- Play while downloading: start a download, and then when you have the first bit of it tap play to start it immediately
- Skippety Skip: quick skip back and forward controls, that are configurable to whatever time you want
- Sleep Timer: Fall asleep to your favorite boring podcasts
- Auto cleanup: set how many episodes of a podcast you want to keep, and have our app clean up the old ones for you.
- Instant refresh: Refresh 50 podcasts in the same time it takes other apps to do 1! (our server monitors your feeds, so your phone doesn't have to)
- OPML export/import: the playground is always open
- Download to SD Card or phone
- Landscape support: because longer is better
- Download resuming: because flakey networks are annoying
- Sharing: share your favorite podcasts, episodes and positions in episodes.
> "It looks great, and is near perfect" - Beautiful Pixels
> "The interface follows new holo guidelines, but has its own bit of style with a red, white and grey color scheme that is clean and intuitive" - Android Central
> "Pocket Casts is a Gorgeous Cross-Platform Mobile Podcast Manager." - Lifehacker
Unlock News+ features:
* Multi Services
* No Ads
* Widgets (coming soon)
* Voice Reading
* Support development
Brought to you by the creators of gReader.
*** About News+ ***
Since Google has decided to shutdown Google Reader, lots of new and innovative RSS services have arose to light. Many of those services appeared as worthy replacements, and even an upgrade. We couldn’t choose just one or two, and we also had to make some decisions about how our work will continue. We decided not to pick! We created a new app that is the successor of gReader, taking it’s features and functionality but supports as many reading services as possible: News+.
*** Simple, fast and intuitive ***
Our goal was to create a news reader with the best possible reading experience. Our users LOVED how customizable gReader is, and it made sense because a lot of the feature ideas came from the community itself. So, on News+ users can also quickly read their feeds in a simple and intuitive user interface. Article pages can be reduced to the minimum of just the main contents, so that a reader could just concentrate on, well… reading! Consuming content at places without an internet connection is also possible using the great offline Reading features. You can also let News+ read your news to you when out laud, leaving your hands free for other tasks. These and many more features could be found on the features page, at http://newsplus.co/features/.
*** Why choose just one service? Supporting extensions in News+ ***
The power of News+ is as an aggregator. We took gReader’s functional features and added the ability to expand News+ with extensions. Not just for RSS services, but Read Later services as well (Pocket, Readability or Instapaper), and news websites could be integrated too. We plan on integrating more and more services to News+, making it a one-stop-shop for all your news and articles needs. In a single, unified user interface, you can now read and consume content from various different services, and the list will just get bigger and bigger.
Extensions are independent app that can be created and published by everyone. News+ recognized the extensions by itself and shows them directly in the app. Here is a list of current services News+ supports:
* Google News
* Tiny Tiny Rss
Finally, we encourage the News+ community to create extension, and have them published to everyone!
*** Links ***
API Documentation and Extension source codes: https://github.com/noinnion/newsplus
Play Store (beta): https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.noinnion.android.newsplus
News+ is an app with Google News features.
Sunrise Sunset also calculates Civil, Nautical and Astronomical Twilight. Activate "Nerd Mode" to get as much information on the solar day as you could possibly want.
At Cactus Man Software, we welcome user feed back, so please drop us a line if you have any questions or comments! Thank you!
10 million people rely on our social media coverage, and now with our free app you can:
• Get lightning-fast updates from news sources around the globe
• Set custom news alerts with a tap of your finger
• Mute stories you don't want on the fly
• Save topics for later viewing
• Get reliable coverage from the same editors that power @breakingnews
• See verified eyewitness photos and videos from breaking events
• See where the news is happening on a map (on supported devices)
• Get updates up front in a home screen widget (on supported devices)
• Share when a story surprises you by tapping the 'Whoa!' button
• Alert your friends over Twitter, Facebook, text and email
• Set a quiet time to avoid push notifications while you're sleeping
• Do everything with no registration required
The more you use the app, the more relevant stories you'll start to see. The app’s redesign is complete with beautiful and modern touches - it’s fast and easy to use.
• Endless stream of personalized stories
• Highly visual article pages
• Ability to save stories
• Notifications for breaking news
• Summaries by Yahoo
• Multiple categories, including Technology, Finance, Entertainment, Science and more
• Email or share stories with Tumblr, Facebook and Twitter
• Revamped web search experience including images and video
• Discover other great Yahoo apps for your device
Supported operating system: min. 4.0 (ICS)
- Samsung GALAXY Ace 3
- Samsung GALAXY Ace 2 (4.1.x)
- Samsung GALAXY Note
- Samsung GALAXY Note 2
- Samsung GALAXY Note 3
- Samsung GALAXY Note 8
- Samsung GALAXY Mega
- Samsung GALAXY Grand Duos
- Samsung GALAXY Gra
- Samsung GALAXY S3
- Samsung GALAXY S3 Mini
- Samsung GALAXY S4
- Samsung GALAXY S4 Mini
- Samsung GALAXY S4 Active
- Samsung GALAXY S4 Zoom
- Sony Xperia Z Ultra
- Sony Xperia Z
- Sony Xperia Z1
- Sony Xperia V
- HTC OneX
- HTC One
- HTC One MAX
- HTC One Mini
- HTC Butterfly
- HTC Butterfly S DLX+
- LG Optimus G
- LG Optimus G2
- LG Optimus G Pro
- Nexus 5
- Samsung Tab 3
- Samsung Tab 10.1
- Samsung Tab 8
- Samsung Note 10.1
- Samsung Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)
- Samsung Tab Pro
- Nexus 7
- Nexus 10
*And many more!
Get quick access to content that matters to you. NewsLoop presents articles in vibrant hues on a clean and easy-to-read magazine style layout. Our newest addition of the NewsLoop TV category brings you the latest news in bite-sized video clips you can watch on the go.
Personalise your profile by selecting your favourite categories of content such as Tech & Gadgets and Sports. Add feeds from your social networks like Facebook and Twitter, making it simpler to discover and share content. The app also learns of your interest through your surfing habits and helps you discover stories that appeal to you.
Make NewsLoop your daily read today! Available on selected Android smartphones and tablets.
- Best selection of local content from Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand
- Latest news worldwide from established international publishers
- Bite-sized video clips (1-3 minutes long) on the latest news in the NewsLoop TV category
- Weather forecast and updates available
- All related articles of trending news stories consolidated for a single point of reference
- Sync your preferences across multiple devices by creating a NewsLoop account
- Create up to 10 profiles in a single NewsLoop account to group your preferences
CONNECT WITH NEWSLOOP
For the latest updates and tips, find us on Twitter: @getNewsLoop
✔ Un fil info 24h/24 et 7j/7 pour connaître les dernières dépêches
✔ Découvrez le Metro Zap, notre sélection quotidienne des meilleures vidéos du web
✔ Feuilletez l'actu en images avec les diaporamas de la rédaction
✔ Visualisez les principaux titres du journal en un coup d'oeil grâce au widget à insérer sur votre écran d'accueil (également disponible pour l'écran de verrouillage sur Android 4+)
✔ Activez les push actu et soyez alerté dès qu'un événement important se produit
✔ Réagissez aux articles et débattez avec les autres lecteurs grâce aux commentaires
ECHEC AU LANCEMENT ?
Il peut arriver que le cache de l'application ne soit plus lisible, empêchant l'appli de se lancer. Il faut alors supprimer le dossier "/Metro France" ou "/sd/Metro France" et effacer les préférences de l'appli
• Accès Internet intégral: Pour charger les contenus
• Modifier/supprimer le contenu de la carte SD: Pour mettre en cache le contenu
• Lire l'état du téléphone: Pour vérifier les connectivités et fiabiliser les contenus Metro Reporter
• Afficher l'état du réseau: Pour vérifier la connectivité réseaux
• Position géographique approximative ou fine: Permet l'accès à des contenus et des pushs localisés
• Lancer automatiquement au démarrage: Permet l'actualisation automatisée des contenus (programmable dans les réglages)
• Contrôler le vibreur: Permet l'envoi de notifications d'actualités importantes (utilisé à bon escient)
• Empêcher de passer en mode veille : pour éviter que l'écran devienne noir au milieu d'une vidéo
Le partage Twitter est possible si une application dédiée est installée.
L'appli a été testée sur HTC One, LG Nexus 4/5, Samsung Galaxy S/S2/S3/S4, Galaxy Tab wifi, Galaxy Note, Sony Xperia X10 et Z.
Des difficultés techniques empêchent d'ajouter les commentaires, cela arrivera dans une prochaine version.
✔ The New York Times: "News360 has to be one of the better news-aggregating [apps] I’ve seen on any platform"
News360 is an elegant and smart news reader that learns what kinds of stories you like and dislike as you read. You will never again miss something interesting because you haven’t subscribed to the right feed or followed the right person – instead, News360 will show you all the stories that really matter, and none of the noise. You can even connect your Facebook, Twitter and other accounts and News360 will use them to become even more personalized to your particular interests. The more you use it - the smarter it gets.
To make sure that you don’t get a biased or inaccurate outlook, News360 provides coverage from all possible sources for every story, combining text, photography and video to give you a full, 360° view of the issues.
✔ "Apps We Like: News360" — The Wall Street Journal
✔ "News360 is the New Cadillac of Personalized News Readers" — PandoDaily
★ Quickly scan headlines, preview stories and dive deep into the content from over 50,000 sources. From top global and national news providers, to local and niche sites and blogs
★ Read your Home feed, where you’ll see top articles that focus on the topics you’re interested in – no jumping between sections or feeds
★ Use the News360 widget to keep up with great content on your home screen, and even on your lock screen with Android 4.2
★ Help News360 learn by marking stories you like as you use it, and it will become better and better at giving you the stories you'll enjoy, but will always try to give you something new and unexpected as well
★ Customize the topics you’re interested in at any time!
★ Create a free News360 account to sync your settings and read saved articles offline on your phone, tablet and at news360.com
★ Read local news using your device’s GPS
More from developer
Each day name-day will be reminded to you from your contacts.
Surprise your relatives with a call or send them nice congratulation with NameDay application.
NameDay calendar is also available as widget on your desktop.
Localized to: Finnish, Slovak, Ukrainian, Polish, English, French, Czech, Spanish, Hungarian, Latvian, Swedish
Calendar for: Finnish, Slovak, Ukrainian, Polish, English, French, Czech, Spanish, Hungarian, Latvian, Swedish, Greek, Norway, Russia