• Location Selection is automatic, but can be done manually to choose over thousands of cities over the world.
• A 3D Visualization showing and explaining the path of the sun and the duration of the day.
• Comes with two widgets for you to keep track of daily timings.
• Also keep track of the planets rise and set times.
• Has Civil, Astronomical and Nautical Sunrise Sunset times.
• Shows Transit time, Length of day,Julian Day, Right Ascension (RA) and Declination of Sun.
• Very useful for Photographers. It will help in tracking shadows.
[Tip] : Keep pressing on the [<] or [>] Button to see the duration of day and night changing as the season changes!
Tags: Sun, Sunrise, Sunset, Astronomy.
1) Sunrise and sunset
2) Civil Dawn and Dusk
3) Nautical Dawn and Dusk
4) Astronomical Dawn and Dusk
The computation is done using the formulae at http://williams.best.vwh.net/sunrise_sunset_algorithm.htm. Note that since these formulae do not take into account the elevation of the place, the computed values may be slightly inaccurate for places much above sea level.
Upgrade to the full version for widgets and an ad-free experience. With home-screen and lock-screen widgets, you don't even have to open the app to see the current rise and set times.
---Three Methods for Finding Location and Timezone---
1. Use your device's GPS to use your current location and timezone.
2. Pick a city from a provided list. This is great if you have no GPS or internet connection. The location and timezone data are stored locally in this list.
3. Use a Google Map to specify a manual location. This works without GPS, but you need an internet connection. IMPORTANT: With this method you must also manually specify the timezone.
---Barely Uses the GPS---
When the GPS is used, it is turned off right after a location is found. Then it continues to use this "last known location" unless you request an updated one. This saves your battery and puts the control of the GPS in your hands.
---Google Map for location without GPS---
Can't get a GPS signal, use the Google Map feature with an internet connection to pick your location.
---Works Without An Internet Connection---
No internet connection is needed for the GPS to work or to choose a city from the list. The data is calculated locally to give you an accurate sunrise and sunset time. If you wish to use the Google Map you will need an internet connection, but once your location is chosen the internet is no longer needed.
---Customize The Display---
Choose to see more or less details. Show or hide seconds, AM/PM, and if the US or EU daylight savings time is used.
---Why This App?---
Knowing when the sun will rise or set in your area can be useful for many reasons, such as:
- Hauling Wide Loads
· Sunrise and sunset times with azimuths
· Civil, nautical and astronomical twilight times
· Solar noon with elevation
· Golden hours
· Length of daylight
· Rise, set and transit times for the moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune
· Lunar phase and illuminated fraction
· Track the azimuth and elevation of the sun, moon and planets individually or together
· Solar and lunar eclipses 2000-2020
· Solstices and equinoxes 2000-2020
· Earth aphelion and perihelion 2000-2020
· Notifications and alarms for sun and moon rise and set events
· Monthly calendar views showing how times change each day
· Choice of light and dark themes
You can use your location from wireless networks or GPS, select places on a map, search by name or zip code or enter coordinates. Locations can be saved for later use.
Please email me with problems, questions and suggestions, I'm happy to help!
***** New feature: Sun, moon and planet tracker *****
This feature shows the path of the sun, moon or any planet through the sky. This has many uses including garden planning, photography and even finding a shady spot to park your car.
The path is shown as a line on a compass disc, where the edge represents the horizon and the center is vertically up. You can view this on a road map, satellite map, or a plain background. Compass rotation is supported on the plain background.
***** New feature: Alarms *****
As well as setting simple notifications for events, you can now set up alarms so you'll never miss a sunrise photo opportunity!
***** Example uses *****
Here are some examples of what Sundroid can be used for. If you've found another use, let me know!
· Hunting and fishing
· Photo and film shoots
· Planning holidays and outdoor events
· Positioning solar panels
· Planning a garden
· Choosing a new home
· Parking your car in the shade
***** About permissions *****
In case you're concerned about permissions, here's what Sundroid needs them for. I'm happy to answer any question you have about security, so please feel free to get in touch.
· Internet access: Used to look up the name and time zone of your location, and for location selection using maps and search. Connects to Google only; there is no usage monitoring. Offline use is supported.
· Coarse and fine location: Allows Sundroid to get your current location (at your request) using GPS or networks.
· Prevent device from sleeping: Allows an alarm to keep sounding until you dismiss it. Otherwise it might be cancelled before you wake.
· Disable keylock: Allows Sundroid to show an alarm when the phone is locked so you can dismiss it without having to unlock the phone yourself. Keylock is re-enabled as soon as the alarm is dismissed.
· Start at boot: Alarms and notifications are cancelled when the phone is turned off, and this permission allows Sundroid to reset them.
· Control vibrator: For alarms and notifications.
· External storage: Google Maps uses this to cache map tiles for better performance. Sundroid does not read or write anything on SD.
· Google services: Required by Google Maps. Sundroid does not use it.
Updates every 15 minutes when phone is not sleeping. Remaining time will not be exact. Uses minimal battery.
Credit to ZManim project for solar calculations library.
- Panchang for any day. Tithi (date) along with paksha (shukla and krishna), yoga, karana, nakshatra and vaar (day of week). Also shows the year, maah (month purnimant and amavasyant),zodiac of moon and the ritu (Season), along with their end times. Has Vikram Samvat, Vikram Samvat Kartak and Indian National Calendar (Saka).
- Get detailed panchang view including moon rise and moon set, sunrise and sunset, Day and Night Choghadiya, Rahukalam, Yama Ghantam, Guli Kalam, Dur Muhurt and Abhijit. All calculated for your chosen location.
- Griha (Planet) Positions and rise set times, (including shani, rahu and ketu).
- Find all the celestial objects, nakshatras, rashis and grihas in the sky.
- Support for custom location. Choose from over 3000 cities, or choose your own location.
- A monthly Calendar view highlighting the Ekadashi, Chathurthi, Poornima and Amavasya. Shows the monthly list of festival. Also showing the moon phase for each date.
- Save and track your own tithis.
- Shows the date of hindu festivals and allows to add the festivals in your calendar.: Diwali (Deepawali), Chhath, Karwa Chauth, Holi, Maha Shivaratri, Ramnavami, Rakshabandhan etc
- Also has 4 widgets showing the moon phase, and the lunar date, and one showing moon rise, moon set and sun rise sun set timings.
- ** Widgets only work when app is on Phone and not on SD card **
More from developer
Each day name-day will be reminded to you from your contacts.
Surprise your relatives with a call or send them nice congratulation with NameDay application.
NameDay calendar is also available as widget on your desktop.
Localized to: Finnish, Slovak, Ukrainian, Polish, English, French, Czech, Spanish, Hungarian, Latvian, Swedish
Calendar for: Finnish, Slovak, Ukrainian, Polish, English, French, Czech, Spanish, Hungarian, Latvian, Swedish, Greek, Norway, Russia