LDSScriptures.com continues to be the leading innovator in Scripture study tools. Thanks to everyone for making this the highest rated, most favorite, most recommended, most innovative, and best LDS Scriptures app!
Tons of content, including 30+ years of General Conference talks back to 1971, Hymns & Manuals!
Install on your device or an SD Card (make sure you have 200 MB available and that it is writable).
EXCLUSIVE FEATURES NO OTHER SCRIPTURES APP HAS:
✔ Citations feature to discover talks, manuals, resources referencing a verse
✔ Multiple pages (switch between multiple places in the Scriptures quickly)
✔ Automated Syncing and Backup
✔ Export/Download your Markings anytime
✔ Listen to Scriptures (streaming)
✔ Listen to General Conference (streaming)
✔ Gospel Art Kit
✔ Custom Cross References
✔ Syncs with Desktop Scriptures app for Windows and Mac! (See LDSScriptures.com for details)
✔ Church Handbook 2 included with links between sections!
✔ PDF Library
✔ Lifetime Money-back guarantee!
✔ Highlighting - phrase/word highlighting in 8 colors!
✔ Bookmark Folders (using Tags)
✔ Notes (show in-line, auto linked references)
✔ Footnotes, Cross-References
✔ Night Reading Mode
✔ My Content - add your own content!
✔ Yanceyware book support - upload or download from 100s of titles!
Complete Standard Works (ch. headings, footnotes, & streaming audio!):
✔ Old and New Testament
✔ Book of Mormon
✔ Doctrine and Covenants
✔ Pearl of Great Price
✔ Joseph Smith Translation
✔ Bible Dictionary
✔ Topical Guide
✔ Guide to the Scriptures
✔ Triple Comb. Index
✔ Hymns (Includes notes!)
✔ Children's Song Book (Text)
✔ Gospel Principles (Latest version)
✔ Book of Mormon Teacher's Manual & Member Study Guide
✔ New Testament Teacher's Manual & Member Study Guide
✔ Old Testament Teacher's Manual & Member Study Guide
✔ Preparing for Exaltation
✔ Preach My Gospel
✔ Aaronic Priesthood Manuals
✔ Duty to God
✔ YW Manuals
✔ Marriage & Family Relations Manuals
✔ Temple Prep Manual
✔ Addiction Recovery Manual
✔ D&C, BofM Student & Teacher Manuals
✔ Our Heritage
✔ Church Handbook 2
✔ General Conference Talks (from 1997-present) with streaming audio!
✔ Scripture Mastery
✔ Priesthood Ordinances
✔ True to the Faith
✔ Quotes, 100+ Topics
✔ Lectures on Faith
✔ Family Proclamation, Living Christ
✔ For the Strength of Youth
✔ US Constitution, Decl. of Independence (Exclusive!)
✔ 100s of Yanceyware titles or upload your own!
Content is copyright Intellectual Reserve, Inc.
All 2012 Manuals and Apr. 2012 General Conference now included! LDS Scriptures app contains the most comprehensive scripture library ever made available on a mobile device. It contains the entire scriptures, all manuals, hymns, resources and study guides - you can even download thousands of additional items into the app. 100% money-back guarantee!
This app contains many features not found in other apps such as: TrueTabs (real tabs, not limited multi-page versions like in other apps), fast navigation, multi-scrolling text, hierarchical bookmarks, inline notes, custom footnotes and cross-references, exact location histories, shareable content, and much more!
Content includes the entire LDS Standard Works, all core-curriculum manuals, and manuals for optional courses, leaders, and the family. Song books (hymns and children's), study resources, and other guides are also included. And for your convenience, every scriptural reference is already linked.
Thousands of additional resources can be downloaded from LDSScripturesApp.com.
• NEW! TrueTabs - Open as many tabs as you want!
• Audio/Video support for scriptures, hymns, and General Conference talks
• Handbook 2, New Testament manuals, Duty to God, Personal Progress
• Money-back guarantee
• ePub format support
• Automatically download magazine issues each month
• Load virtually any of your own content into the app
• Very fast verse locator
• Verse tagging (assign unlimited number of tags to each verse/paragraph - Faith, Lesson 5, etc.)
• Auto-scrolling text
• Advanced highlighting (24 total colors, underline, bold, italic; words, phrases, and entire verses)
• Advanced bookmarks (organize into subfolders, update, rename, copy, paste)
• Advanced notes (see notes in-line while reading, icon)
• Advanced history (restores you to the exact location in a chapter)
• Fast Search that takes you to the exact verse
• Advanced footnotes and cross-references (create your own!)
• Drill-down through as many layers of verses and cross-references as you want
• Backup/restore personal data
• Landscape reading mode
• Customize colors, font, margins and alignment
Entire Standard Works (all content, footnotes, etc.):
• Old Testament
• New Testament
• Book of Mormon
• Doctrine & Covenants
• Pearl of Great Price
• Joseph Smith Translation
• Bible Dictionary
• Topical Guide
• Guide to the Scriptures
• Index to the Triple Combination
• Hymns (sort by name or number, text only)
• Children's Songbook (sort by name or page, text only)
Manuals & Guides:
• Gospel Principles (2012, w/ page #s)
• Preach My Gospel
• Young Women (w/resource guide)
• Aaronic Priesthood (w/resource guide)
• Presidents of the Church
• Teacher's Manuals (OT, NT, BM, D&C)
• Study Guides (OT, NT, BM, D&C)
• Preparing for Exaltation
• Our Heritage
• Teachings: Joseph Smith
• Preparing for Exaltation
• Gospel Principles
• Gospel Fundamentals
• Marriage and Family Relations (w/study guide)
• Temple Preparation (w/guide)
• The LDS Woman A&B
• Duties of the Priesthood A&B
• Duty To God (Deacon, Teacher, Priest)
• Young Women Personal Progress
• Church Handbook 2
• General Conference for 2009 - 2012
• LDS Gems, Inspiration Quotes (over 150 topics)
• Faith in God (Girls & Boys)
• Aaronic Priesthood (Deacon, Teacher & Priest)
• Young Women Personal Progress
• For the Strength of Youth
• True to the Faith
• Guidebook for Parents and Leaders of Youth
• Priesthood and Auxiliary Leaders' Guidebook
• Family Guidebook
• Strengthening Marriage
• Strengthening the Family
• Addiction Recovery Program
• Teaching, No Greater Call
• Family Proclamation
• The Living Christ
• Lectures on Faith
LDS Gospel Library, Deseret Bookshelf, LDS Tools, LDS Apps, LDS Hymns
☀Additional benefits in pro version:
✔ Ad-free, faster & smoother
✔ Shake the phone to speak (Text-to-speech, TTS engine support)
✔ PDF support, fast & speech compatible
✔ Reading statistics function
✔ More beautiful themes, background images and fonts
✔ Customize reader bar function
✔ Headset & Bluetooth keys control
✔ Multi-point touch support
✔ Option for password protection at startup
✔ Book to home screen shortcut
✔ Annotations, highlights & bookmarks share support
✔ Open/Backup/Sync/Download/Upload book files via Dropbox/GDrive
✔ Tilt to turn page with customized actions
✔ Customer email support
☀PDF features in Pro version:
✔ Fill out PDF Form
✔ Highlight, annotation, handwriting
✔ Smart scroll lock, smooth reading experience
✔ Night mode support, 6 additional pdf themes available
✔ Dual-page mode for landscape screen
✔ Speech, auto-scroll compatible
✔ Read statistics, sync, flip animation available
☆The key features:
• Support online ebook libraries and personal calibre ebook server.
• Read local books with smooth scroll and tons of innovation.
• Full visual options: line space, font scale, bold, italic, shadow, alpha colors, fading edge etc.
• 10+ themes embedded, includes Day & Night mode switcher.
• Various types of paging: touch screen, volume keys or even camera, search or back keys.
• 24 customized operations (screen click, swipe gesture, hardware keys), apply to 15 customized events: search, bookmark, themes, navigation, font size and more.
• 5 auto-scroll modes: rolling blind mode; by pixel, by line or by page. Real-time speed control.
• Adjust the brightness by sliding your finger along the left edge of the screen, gesture commands supported.
• Intelligent paragraph; indent paragraph; trim unwanted blank spaces and lines options.
• Keep your eyes health options for long-time reading.
• Real page turning effect with customized speed/color/transparent; 5 page flip animations.
• My Bookshelf design: Favorites, Downloads, Authors, Tags; self bookcover, search, import supported.
• Justified text alignment, hyphenation mode supported.
• Dual page mode for landscape screen.
• Support all four screen orientations.
• EPUB3 multimedia content support (video and audio), popup footnote support
• Backup/Restore options to cloud via DropBox, sync reading positions between phones and tablets.
• Highlight, Annotation, Dictionary (Offline or Online, support ColorDict, GoldenDict, Fora, ABBYY Lingvo, etc.), Translation, Share functions all in moon+ ebook reader.
• Localized in 40 languages: English, አማርኛ, العربية, հայերեն, Български, català, český, dansk, Nederlands, eesti, suomi, français, galego, საქართველოს, Deutsch, ελληνικά, עברית, magyar, Indonesia, italiano, 日本語, 한국어, македонски, persan, polski, português, português brasil, român, русский, српски, 简体中文, slovenských, slovenskega, español, Svenskt, 繁體中文, ภาษาไทย, Türk, yкраїнський, Việt
-Tags: book reader, ebook reader, pdf reader, ebook speech, pdf annotate form, epub, mobi, pdf, rar, moon reader pro, ibook, stanza, kindle, nook color, aldiko HD, kobo, comics, comic reader, cbz reader
-About GET_ACCOUNTS permission: used for Google Drive function only
-About READ_PHONE_STATE permission: used to stop TTS when there is a call coming
Gives instruction on how to perform LDS Priesthood Ordinances and Blessings. The source of this information comes from Handbook 2: Administering the Church and can be found on www.LDS.org.
The following ordinances are covered:
1. Anointing with Oil
2. Sealing the Anointing
3. Consecrating Oil
4. Conferring the Priesthood and Ordaining to an Office
5. Setting Apart Officers and Teachers
6. Father’s Blessings and Other Blessings of Comfort and Counsel
7. Naming and Blessing Children
11. Dedicating Homes
12. Dedicating Graves
Added Google Analytics to increase performance.
Using Google Analytics and user feedback, made the following improvements. Crash associated with Share button press corrected. Gave users more flexibility to Share with Google+, Twitter, Facebook, etc.. Scripture references actively linked with LDS.org.
Significantly updated wording of application to reflect changes shown in Handbook 2: Administering the Church. Added instruction for dedicating a house. This app has now be translated into Spanish, special thanks to Brother Leebert.
Minor modifications to language to more closely match LDS.org. Added section for blessing (general instructions) and a section on setting apart officers/teachers.
Allow users to long-click an Ordinance to move it up or down.
Allow users to re-size ordinance text and other minor updates.
● ENGLISH TEXT
● ENGLISH VOICE OUTPUT
The standard works of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) are the four books that currently constitute its open scriptural canon, due to the LDS belief in continuous revelation.
● The Holy Bible (King James version)
● The Book of Mormon, subtitled since 1981"Another Testament of Jesus Christ"
● The Doctrine and Covenants of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
● The Pearl of Great Price (containing the Book of Moses, the Book of Abraham, Joseph Smith-Matthew and Joseph Smith-History)
+ The Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible
The standard works are printed and distributed by the LDS Church in a single binding called a quadruple combination and as a set of two books, with the Bible in one binding, and the other three books in a second binding called a triple combination. Current editions of the standard works include a Bible dictionary, photographs, maps and gazetteer, topical guide, index, footnotes, cross references, excerpts from the Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible (JST), and other study aids.
Under the LDS Church's doctrine of continuing revelation, Latter-day Saints believe literally in the principle of revelation from God to his children. Individual members are entitled to divine revelation for confirmation of truths, gaining knowledge or wisdom, meeting personal challenges, and so forth. Parents are entitled to revelation for raising their families.
Divine revelation for the direction of the entire church comes from God to the President of the Church, who is viewed by Latter-day Saints as a prophet in the same sense as Noah, Abraham, Moses, Peter, and other biblical leaders. When prophets and general authorities of the church speak as "moved upon by the Holy Ghost", it "shall be scripture, shall be the will of the Lord, shall be the mind of the Lord, shall be the word of the Lord, shall be the voice of the Lord, and the power of God unto salvation." Members are encouraged to ponder these revelations and pray to determine for themselves the truthfulness of doctrine.
Themes: joseph smith translation of the holy bible, jst, religion, joseph smith jr., mormonism, mormons, mormon, the church of jesus christ of latter-day saints, latter day saints, lds scriptures, lds scripts, church, temple, doctrine and covenants, d&c, standard works
This app is available as a FREE and a PRO version. The FREE edition includes ads which finance the development while the PRO edition is completely ad-free. Apart from that both versions are equal. You can first check out the FREE edition without any risk in order to to see if you like the app. If the ads annoy you or you just want to support this app's development, you can easily upgrade to the PRO edition.
Standalone software - no need for an eBook reader like Aldiko, Kindle, RepliGo, BeamReader, Laputa, Moon+, FBReader, iSilo etc.
Just install it and enjoy reading or listening.
● Daylight & nighttime colors
● Voice output (text to speech, TextToSpeech)
● Move to SD card
● Clickable table of contents
● English and German program language
● Contents rotate automatically (portrait/landscape)
● Fullscreen images on/off by long click
● Options menu
+ Help page
+ Settings page
- Text color
- Background color
- Text size
- Text padding
+ Link to all iwpSoftware apps in Android Market
+ Go to bookmark
+ Set bookmark
+ Set current image as wallpaper
+ Link to image/item/description
Do you like this app?
Please rate it!
Your feedback via e-mail is welcome!
If you meet problems or feel the need of some features you consider important, please contact us via e-mail before leaving a bad review.
This app is currently in BETA, and I need your help to make it better! If you have any suggestions or bugs to report, please let me know by sending me an email. I rarely check feedback so leaving negative reviews does not help me.
- Search by title or find by page number
- Pinch to zoom in or out
- Swipe left or right to browse through the songs
- View with musical notation or just as text
- Listen to the song, with or without voice accompaniment
- More features are on the way
This app requires two permissions for music playback; it requires internet permissions to stream the music from lds.org, and it needs the READ_PHONE_STATE permission to pause/resume music in event of a phone call.
When you download the app and login to your DeseretBook.com account, you will instantly receive 8 free classic LDS titles for your library as well as a copy of the Standard Works. Free titles include: Jesus the Christ,Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, Discourses of Brigham Young, Lectures on Faith, History of Joseph Smith by His Mother, The Miracle of Forgiveness, Gospel Doctrine, Autobiography of Parley P. Pratt.
The free titles plus the Standard Works require a one-time download after the app is installed. After you register or log in using your DeseretBook.com account, the free books should automatically start synchronizing with your device.
"Great! Way better than gospel library!"
"Love It! I downloaded the Free LDS Gospel library app and loved it but it took up too much memory on my phone. I like this app because it has all the same info as well as the trivia game"
"Great references. Very easy to use. This app and LDS tools are all you need! :-)"
FEATURES NOT FOUND IN GOSPEL LIBRARY:
- Background Skins
- Continuous Audio
- Custom Content
- Hymn Sheet Music
- Mormon Channel Radio
- Random Chapter
- Reading Plans
- Sorted Bookmarks
- Trivia Game
- 100% Lifetime Money-back Guarantee!
- Auto Backup/Restore (Bookmarks, Notes)
- Auto Content Download
- Bookmarks (Create, Update, Delete)
- Custom Content (Add Your Own)
- Footnotes & Cross References
- Highlighting (One-tap, Several Colors)
- Lock Orientation (Read Laying Down)
- Multiple Content Screens / Tabs
- Multiple Layouts Options
- Night Mode (Black Background)
- Notes (Add Notes for any Page)
- Reading Plans (Monthly & Yearly)
- Recent Views (Quick Access to Previous Pages)
- Scripture Mastery Pre-highlighted
- Search (Scriptures and Additional Content)
- Toolbar (Fast Access to Common Tasks)
- Updated Frequently
- One App for Phones & Tablets
- Audio Plays When Screen is Off
- Audio: Repeat & Chapter Cycle
- Backgrounds (Colors & Textures)
- LDS.org Calendar, Directory & News
- Mormon Channel (Audio & Video)
- Random Chapter
- Smallest LDS scripture app
- Time Spent Reading (Automatically Tracked)
- Timer (Read for a specified period of time)
- Trivia Game
- Prompt Response to E-mails
- Widget (Share quotes via Facebook, etc)
- Zoom (Pinch to Zoom In or Out)
SCRIPTURES / STANDARD WORKS: Bible: Old Testament, New Testament, The Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, The Pearl of Great Price
STUDY HELPS: Bible Dictionary, Guide to the Scriptures, Index, JST, Lists, Maps, Topical Guide
BOOKS & MANUALS: Book of Mormon Teacher's Manual, Children's Songbook (by # and Name), Church Handbook 2, Come, Follow Me, Daughters in My Kingdom, Family Home Evening Resource Book, Gospel Art Book, Gospel Principles, Hymns (Text, Sheet Music, Audio), Lectures on Faith, Marriage & Family Relations Study Guide, Nursery Manual, Old Testament Guide & Teacher Manual, Our Heritage, Preach My Gospel, Preparing for Exaltation, Primary 1-6, Teaching, No Greater Call, Teachings of Presidents George Albert Smith, True to the Faith
LDS MAGAZINES (PDF format): Ensign (including General Conference), New Era, Friend
PAMPHLETS: Addiction Recovery Program, A Parent's Guide, Book of Mormon Class Member Study Guide, Church History Class Member Study Guide, Duty to God, Faith in God for Boys & Girls, Family Guidebook, For the Strength of Youth, Let Virtue Garnish Thy Thoughts, Member's Guide to Temple & Family History Work, Priesthood and Auxiliary Leaders' Guidebook, Teaching Guidebook, Temple Preparation Seminar Teacher's Manual, US Constitution & Declaration of Independence, Worldwide Leadership Training, Young Women Personal Progress
DECLARATIONS: Family Proclamation, The Living Christ
HELPFUL STUDY LISTS: 6 B's of President Hinckley, Articles of Faith, Chapter Headings, Chief Judges, Church History Chronology, Church Officers, Famous Mormons, Latter-day prophets, LDS News, LDS Gospel Library, LDS Scripture Mastery, LDS Tools, Patriarchs of the Dispensations, Plagues of Egypt, Priesthood Ordinances, Signs of the Times, Temples (Salt Lake City, Utah, etc.), Ten Commandments, Tribes of Israel, Twelve Disciples
SPANISH / ESPANOL:
LAS ESCRITURAS: El Libro de Mormon
PUBLICACIONES: El Cristo Viviente, La Familia: Una Proclamacion Para El Mundo
7 CLASSIC BOOKS
★ Easily order the images by name or image number. The image number is the same number the Church uses in their newer manuals so you can quickly locate the image you need.
★ Sort for images by name or number
★ View images in portrait or landscape modes
★ Swipe the screen while viewing an image to go to the next/previous image
★ Suports all device types from phones to tablets
When the app is first started, it will need to download the images and install them. Verify you have 80MB of free space for the install procedure.
Be sure to look for other exciting apps from StandardWorks.com!
LDS, LDS Scriptures, LDS Gospel Library, Deseret Bookshelf, LDS Tools, LDS Apps, LDS Hymns, Mormon
★The leading eBook application for the Android platform
★19+ million users from over 200 countries
✔ Support EPUB, PDF formats as well as Adobe DRM encrypted eBooks.
✔ Support eBooks from public libraries.
✔ Fully-customizable reading experience: adjust font size, font type, font and background colors, margin, alignment, line spacing as well as brightness to best suit your preference. The Aldiko Book Reader also supports night-time reading.
✔ User-friendly interface: the Aldiko Book Reader supports both Android phones and tablets. You can create your own bookmarks, notes (for EPUB files) and highlights (for EPUB files only at the moment) anywhere in the book, rapidly jump to a different section of the book through the table of content.
✔ Advanced library management system: import your own EPUB and PDF files into the app to read them on the go; organize your eBooks by tags and collections; create a home widget of your currently reading books to make resume reading easier and faster. Aldiko will also remember your reading position automatically, bring you back to where you left off.
✔ In-app shopping experience: browse huge catalogs of eBooks, including best-sellers, new releases and classics (lots of them are FREE)
✔ Other cool features not to miss: global-text search in a book, dictionary, add your own favorite catalogs and many more
Differences between the Aldiko Book Reader Premium and the Aldiko Book Reader Free are: the Aldiko Book Reader Premium has highlights (for EPUB files), notes (for EPUB files) and home widget features, gets faster update and does not contain advertisements.
Aldiko Book Reader Premium works on Android phones and tablets with Android version 2.3 or above.
Quotes from your favorite Apostles on topics including:
- And many more.
Utilizes the new YouTube API for embedded video content, watch HD video without having to leave the app.
- Re sizable widgets (available for devices with Android 3.0+)
- Lock screen widget (available for devices with Android 4.2+)
- Ability to share quotes with Friends,
**NOTE do to Facebook restrictions with their API the sharing feature to Facebook does not currently function properly. We are currently looking into a workaround to share via Facebook