* View scanners that are located nearest you, sorted by distance.
* View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners (list updated every 5 minutes).
* View list of scanners added most recently (new additions are being added all the time).
* Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites list for quick access.
* Browse the directory of scanners by location or genre (public safety, air traffic, weather, railroad, etc).
* Enable notifications to be notified when lots of people (such as over 1000, for example) are listening to any scanner (indicating that something big is happening). You can also be notified when scanners located near you (or specific scanners of your choosing) have more than a certain number of listeners.
* Add Scanner Radio widgets and shortcuts to your phone's home screen for quick access (app cannot be installed on SD card to access them).
* Add a "Scanner Radio Favorite" shortcut to your home screen to launch a scanner feed via an alarm clock app or automation app.
* Listen to Broadcastify.com's audio archives to listen to audio that's been archived over the past 30 days. Note: You *must* have an account on Broadcastify.com and purchase their "Premium Membership" ($15 for 6 months) in order to access their archives using the app.
This is the free version of the app, below are the benefits of purchasing the Pro version (for only $2.99):
* The Pro version contains no ads.
* The Pro version has the ability to record the audio.
* The Pro version allows you to adjust the sound of the audio via an equalizer (version 4.x of the app only, does not work on the Galaxy S4).
* The Pro version adds player controls to the lock screen (version 4.x of the app only).
* The play button at the top of the directory screens and on the widgets is can be used to start listening.
* With the "Scanner Radio Pro Locale PlgIn" plug-in is also installed you can have Locale/Tasker launch the app and have one of your Favorites automatically begin playing based on one or more conditions or have the app stop playing. One use for this feature is to have a scanner feed begin playing when your phone connects to a specific Bluetooth device and then have it stop when the connection to that Bluetooth device is no longer present.
The audio is provided by volunteers (primarily for Broadcastify.com) using real scanner radios.
If you need assistance, please go to http://http://support.gordonedwards.net/
Explanation of why various permissions are needed:
The "Phone Calls / Read Phone State" permission is needed by the app so that it can detect when you're placing a phone call (or when one is being received) so that it can automatically stop the streaming of the audio to prevent it from interfering with the call.
The "Fine (GPS) Location" and "Coarse Location" permissions are required so that the app can determine what scanners are located in your area when you click on "Near Me". When you click on "Near Me" the app first attempts to determine your location via the network, if that fails the app then tries to determine your location via GPS.
The "Automatically Start at Boot" permission is required so that a small portion of the app can be started when your phone boots if (and only if) you turn on the notifications feature of the app (that feature is turned off by default).
The "Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage" and "Test access to protected storage" permissions are required in order for the app to support the ability for you to record the audio you're hearing and be able to save it to a location that you can access from your computer.
Keywords: police scanner, radio scanner, air traffic
More from developer
- Improved Live Streaming Experience: Listen to the WEEI Sports Radio Network's original programming anywhere in the world with an all-new streaming player.*
- Boston sports news and analysis: We have organized our content by team so that you can access news, columns and audio for your favorite team(s) in one place.
- Enhanced Live Scoring: Go deeper with live scoring powered by STATS. Get in game updates, box scores and player information.
- Audio: Listen Live, On Demand or check out our new podcasts section.
- Open Mic: Have something to say? Submit a :10 second audio message directly to the station. We may use it on the air!
The WEEI Live app remains a must have for all Boston sports fans. Stay connected to your favorite teams and WEEI shows anytime - anywhere!
*WEEI is prohibited from streaming Red Sox broadcasts.
This app was developed by jacAPPS - jacapps.com. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Now you can take The Rock with you anywhere on your Android device! Your phone or tablet; we rock them both!
Listen to 98.9 The Rock live, hear bits of the Johnny Dare Morning Show, catch up with the jock blogs, keep up-to-date with the concert calendar, check out the Babe of the Day, make requests, see what’s playing now and more, all right from your Android device!
Download the 98.9 The Rock app today, and rock on!
This app will allow you to listen to Buffalo’s only sports radio station anywhere you go, so you can stay up to date on everything going on in the Buffalo sports scene, and listen to all your favorite WGR hosts and shows anytime, anywhere. And, you won’t have to miss another Sabres game. *
While you are listening, make sure you keep up to date by using the rest of our app as we have linked our website directly into this app! Get the latest sports news, read up on the opinions of our staff or check into our audio vault to listen to the best interviews we have to offer or the latest Sabres highlights.
Download the WGR app today, and you’ll never miss a beat from the Buffalo sports scene!
*Broadcast regulations governed by the National Football League prevent WGR Sports Radio 550 from providing a live play by play broadcast of Buffalo Bills football on the WGR app. A stream of the game is available at WGR550.com and over the air at WGR 550 AM.
Lex & Terry can be found on the web at lexandterry.com.
For any EVO users with the Sprint update... The recent Sprint update has caused problems with streaming apps. If your app will not play please follow these directions.
Here's the fix:
1) Dial ##3282#
2) Choose Edit Mode
3) Enter your MSL (via rooted phone or contacting sprint)
4) Choose Advanced
5) Change HTTP PD Proxy Port to: 0
6) Change HTTP PD Proxy Address to: 0.0.0.0
At JOY FM you get more than just a great mix of Christian music, you get connected to a community that will build you up in your walk with Christ!
With music from artists like Chris Tomlin, Casting Crowns, Mercy Me, Natalie Grant, Third Day, Newsboys, Hillsong and many more, you can have an attitude of praise wherever you go!
Music. Faith. Community.~ 99.1 JOY FM