*** Compiled by doctors from Clinical Genetics, Pediatrics & Cardiology backgrounds
*** NEW*** Version 3.0
1. Conditions section completely revised and updated as of January 2014.
2. Diagrams added.
3. Links to PubMed review articles.
Genetics 4 Medics application is intended to facilitate the learning process as well as to refresh the knowledge which has already been acquired. We hope this will be useful to students and practicing clinicians alike.
*** NOTE: In the free version, the user will have access to 50 Genetic conditions, 50 Clues, 3 Chromosomes in the mapping section and the questions in the Gene Teaser section. To unlock all features, please upgrade to the full version by an in-app purchase.
*** The free version is ad supported
We have designed this app to be used as a mini eBook with five sections.
1. Genetic Conditions
In this section, we have described more than 200 genetic conditions. The objective was to help find information on conditions which are not so uncommon.
Each condition has the following headings:
• Background & Genetics: This includes a brief description of the genetic cause (gene mutation, chromosomal location etc) and inheritance pattern of the condition.
• Salient Features: This describes the salient clinical features of a condition. We have included only the clinical features commonly associated with the condition. We have NOT included rare associations.
• Links to external online resources: We have provided links to Wikipedia, Google Images and YouTube for majority of conditions. NOTE: The material in these external websites are not under our control, and we are not responsible its content. Access to these websites will need an active internet connection either via WiFi or internet data plan.
In this section, we have mapped a condition to its chromosomal locus. We have mainly included conditions caused by single gene defect. Clicking on the titles will open up the description page.
Note: The chromosome diagrams are only pictorial representations to facilitate visual learning and memory. They do not represent exact G banding pattern and are not drawn to scale.
We have included about 150 clinical features which are clues to some of the conditions described in this application. Some clinical features may be shared by different conditions. Clicking on a feature provides links to these conditions. However, as we have only used data from the ‘Salient features’ section, this is not an exhaustive list. Please refer to standard genetic textbooks for a complete list of conditions associated with a particular clinical symptom or sign.
4. Gene Teasers
Food for your genes! Try out these questions in your spare time. We plan to update this section regularly with a new question. A notification will be sent whenever this section is updated with a new question. The title of the case scenario will automatically be updated in this section. The user will be able to download the case by selecting the download icon next to the title. NOTE: An active internet connection will be needed for the regular updates as well as to download the cases.
In this section, we have described some basic genetic concepts and genetic investigations using simple terminology.
Genetics 4 Medics application should only be used for educational purposes and NOT as a diagnostic tool. For help with diagnosing a genetic condition, please take advice from an experienced Clinical Geneticist.
Full Terms & Conditions available on downloading the app. Users must agree to these Terms & Conditions prior to use.
Please contact us for support or feedback - firstname.lastname@example.org
Now you can take The Rock with you anywhere on your Android device! Your phone or tablet; we rock them both!
Listen to 98.9 The Rock live, hear bits of the Johnny Dare Morning Show, catch up with the jock blogs, keep up-to-date with the concert calendar, check out the Babe of the Day, make requests, see what’s playing now and more, all right from your Android device!
Download the 98.9 The Rock app today, and rock on!
Note that WGN Radio does not own the online or mobile broadcast rights to the Chicago Cubs and cannot provide a stream of their games. Rights are owned by Major League Baseball Advanced Media. Alternate audio is available during the baseball broadcasts.
Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/wgnradio and follow us on Twitter @WGNRadio.
- Improved Live Streaming Experience: Listen to the WEEI Sports Radio Network's original programming with an all-new streaming player.*
- Boston sports news and analysis: We have organized our content by team so that you can access news, columns and audio for your favorite team(s) in one place.
- Enhanced Live Scoring: Go deeper with live scoring powered by STATS. Get in game updates, box scores and player information.
- Audio: Listen Live, On Demand or check out our new podcasts section.
- Open Mic: Have something to say? Submit a :10 second audio message directly to the station. We may use it on the air!
The WEEI Live app remains a must have for all Boston sports fans. Stay connected to your favorite teams and WEEI shows anytime.
*WEEI is prohibited from streaming Red Sox broadcasts.
This app was developed by jacAPPS - jacapps.com. For more information, contact email@example.com
This app will allow you to listen to Buffalo’s only sports radio station anywhere you go, so you can stay up to date on everything going on in the Buffalo sports scene, and listen to all your favorite WGR hosts and shows anytime, anywhere. And, you won’t have to miss another Sabres game. *
While you are listening, make sure you keep up to date by using the rest of our app as we have linked our website directly into this app! Get the latest sports news, read up on the opinions of our staff or check into our audio vault to listen to the best interviews we have to offer or the latest Sabres highlights.
Download the WGR app today, and you’ll never miss a beat from the Buffalo sports scene!
*Broadcast regulations governed by the National Football League prevent WGR Sports Radio 550 from providing a live play by play broadcast of Buffalo Bills football on the WGR app. A stream of the game is available at WGR550.com and over the air at WGR 550 AM.
The C-SPAN Radio app delivers live audio streams of commercial-free public affairs programming (C-SPAN Radio, C-SPAN, C-SPAN2 and C-SPAN3) and audio podcasts of some of our regularly scheduled programs around the clock, wherever you are.
Hear Congressional hearings and key speeches from national and world leaders.
Our daily Washington Journal call-in program and the Sunday network talk programs.
Authors on Book TV and rare archival audio from historical leaders and events on American History TV.
C-SPAN Radio 90.1 FM in the Washington area and on XM Channel 119.
Created by Cable. Offered as a public service.