NAS Cast enables you to easily enjoy your favourite films and other video files on your TV.
Browse your titles using NAS Cast on your Tablet or Phone, then play locally, or cast to your TV. Play, Pause, Skip, and Volume is controlled from your Tablet or Phone.
Both DLNA UPnP and HTTP is now supported, so all modern NAS as standard, plus Windows, MAC, and Linux running DLNA UPnP Servers are supported with standard configuration.
NAS Cast will find all MPEG 4 video files with an .mp4 or .m4v extension in the selected directory.
I have ripped my complete DVD collection to .mp4 files using AnyDVD (paid) to remove encryption, and Handbrake (free) to rip / encode to .mp4. Alternatively VLC Player (free) can be used with Handbrake in place of AnyDVD. For best results with Handbrake I recommend the Normal profile with Web Optimised selected - which helps playback start quicker by putting the header at the front of the file.
NAS Cast will read .nfo and poster.jpg files if present to display DVD Cover Art, Year, Runtime, and Plot Synopsys. XBMC (free) will download and generate .nfo and poster.jpg files for your films (System -> Video (Advanced) -> Library -> Export Video Library). When prompted choose to export to Separate Files, and to export Thumbnail Images.
1) Use the following test URL to try out NAS Cast in HTTP mode: http://yellowdogapps.com/nascast/test/
2) Download one of the videos from the test URL to your NAS, then switch NAS Cast to DLNA UPnP mode and navigate to the video on your NAS.
Email me if you are still having problems and I'll try my best to help :)
With CastOnTV, you can select photos from your phone/tablet and pick one of favourite songs, then cast your photos to bigger TV screen as a slideshow with background music. You can also stream the video clips on your phone/tablet to TV screen too.
1. Play slideshow with background music on TV screen. Finally with CastOnTV for Chromecast app, you can enjoy a beautiful slideshow with music instantly on bigger TV screen with just a few taps.
2. Select the photos you want to play and the app will show them on TV. Only show the photos you selected, not the whole photo gallery.
3. Cast video clips to TV with correct orientation. The app detects the video orientation and show them without sideways on TV screen.
4. Very easy to use. Just a few tap and get your photos, music and videos on big screen TV.
5. With auto mode and manual mode, you can show the photo with your friends and friend easily.
How to play photo slideshow with CastOnTV for Chromecast?
To use CastOnTV is very easy. First of all, make sure your Chromecast device is turned on and your phone / tablet is in the same Wi-Fi network. Then you can select some photos from photo gallery, pick one music file and tap the Chromecast icon. Your photos will be presented on TV screen as a pretty slideshow with background music.
How to stream video clips?
Tap the video tab in the app, the videos clips will be listed there, just tap the video file and it will be casted with Chromecast.
***** A Free trail version is also available on Google play, you can try it first with your Chromecast before buying this full version. *****
- Enjoy your Facebook Images and Albums (individual or as a slideshow) from your Android device to your Chromecast connected Screen.
- Enjoy your Local Phone Images and Albums (individual or as a slideshow) from your Android device to your Chromecast connected Screen.
- Enjoy your DropBox Images and Albums (individual or as a slideshow) from your Android device to your Chromecast connected Screen. You should have the Dropbox app installed and should have downloaded the images you want to cast to your Tv.- Support for rotating the Images on the Tv.
- Support time based sorting filters.
- Support various settings so that you can customize your slideshow the way you want it.
- Completely free to use. No restrictions on the number of Images you can cast.
- No Ads. The application is completely Ad free.
We are constantly working on adding more features and they would be made available to you as soon as they are ready.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to report any bugs or for any feature requests.
The only one that can:
- Use your phone as wireless headphones !
- rotate pictures and movies
- zoom in and out pictures and movies
☆ Cast pictures, videos or music from your device, NAS or the browser
★ Add subtitles (select the subtitle file in the folder view after you started a video)*
☆ Rotate pictures and videos
★ Choose files on your device either from the library or use the folder view
☆ Connect to your NAS via smb or DLNA/UPnP
★ Zoom in & out pictures and videos
☆ Open a movie stream in your browser then hit the share button and choose LocalCast or
★ Copy a link to a movie and choose "Paste link" in the app
(* internal subtitles which are inside the video container don't work YET)
(arabic subtitles: Please change the encoding in the settings to UTF-8)
Usage is pretty easy:
1. Connect to Chromecast:
First from the official Chromecast app
Second from Localcast
2. Choose what to stream:
Select a video, picture or song in the app from your device or from a NAS (smb or DLNA/UPnP)
Send the media to the app from other apps.
E.g. open a streaming site in your browser, choose a video there and send the link to LocalCast via the share button in your browser. For some sites it is best to use the mobile version.
Please check out the supported formats here:
If your format is not supported, use handbrake to convert the file:
I will probably add support for more formats in the future, if there is a demand for the app, which I will judge from the ratings...
Free and ads supported, the ads can be removed via an in app purchase for a price from 1 to 5 €. Choose what you'd like to pay.
I am just one independent developer working on my apps whenever I can, without a big budget for testing on various devices. If you find a bug please contact me via Google+ or email and I'll try to fix it ASAP. Thanks for your support and happy casting!
This extension pulls directly from the feed that the Google Chromecast pulls from.
- Custom update times
- Refresh only on Wifi
*** You must have muzei installed in order to use this extension! ***
Thank you +Roman Nurik for a wonderful and easily extensible app!
Icon design by MilošMirković (https://plus.google.com/u/0/+Milo%C5%A1Mirkovi%C4%87/about)
Was bietet die App:
- Kombination der Weboberflächen mehrerer Mediatheken
- Senden der Videos an Chromecast [NEU]
- Wiedergabe der Videos im Player deiner Wahl
- Wiedergabe in verschiedenen Qualitäten
- Wiedergabe von Videos in hoher Qualität die in den Standard Mediathek-Apps und auf den mobilen Seiten meist nicht verfügbar sind (wichtig für eine scharfe Wiedergabe auf dem Fernseher)
- Werbe- und Kostenfrei
Was bietet die App NICHT:
- Live-Stream der Sender
- Tablet-Unterstützung (die App ist für Smartphones optimiert, bei Tablets können Fehler auftreten)
Anmerkungen aus dem Sofalabor
Wie der Name schon vermuten lässt, handelt es sich beim Sofalabor um mein Wohnzimmer ;). Da ich das volle Potenzial des Chromecast ausnutzen wollte, habe ich diese APP programmiert. Es handelt sich also um ein Ein-Mann-Projekt, welches ich in meiner Freizeit umsetze. Die APP wird auf dem Nexus 4 und 7 so gut es geht getestet. Ich bitte daher um Verständnis, wenn diverse Fehler und Abstürze auftreten, da ich nicht alles testen kann. Detalierte Fehlerberichte an die unten stehende Mail helfen mir am meisten diese Fehler zu beheben.
Danke an alle Nutzer und Grüße aus dem Sofalabor.
Gallery Cast uses Google Cast (Chromecast), AirPlay (Apple TV) and UPNP/DLNA to communicate with your Smart TV, Blu-ray player, computer or media center. Note: Gallery Connect is limited by what your device can support. Most devices support photo transfer and many support 3gp/mp4 video.
Unique Feature Set:
-*New* Chromecast & Apple TV (AirPlay) support!
- Remote display of pictures and video
- Remote move and pinch zooming for photos
- Easy remote display selection
- Support for reading from mounted drives
- Images rendered to your screen resolution, not just big thumbnails.
- Support for most camera raw types
- Display EXIF information (media metadata)
- Nexus Media Importer support
- Experimental Google Cloud Print support
This is a fully functional version with ads. An pro version will be available without ads in the near future. In the works is a much needed UI update and audio/music support.
A wireless connect is required for remote viewing. Will not work on 3G/4G networks. Wireless G is supported, but wireless N is recommend for video.
Check out my website for more information and tips.
Please note that this is not an autonomic application. Make sure you have Solid Explorer installed first.
The plugin doesn't have its own icon in launcher. In order to launch it, you need to open a media file in Solid Explorer and choose Solid Explorer Cast option as shown on the first screenshot. That's it.
* Watch the TWiT live stream from Petaluma, CA.
* Watch on-demand episodes of previously recorded shows.
* Control the action with your Android device.
Playback requires a Chromecast on the local Wi-Fi network. TWiT Cast is free to use, but supports a small donation via in-app purchase.
This app is independently developed and not affiliated with the TWiT.tv network. TWiT is a registered trademark of TWiT LLC.
- Cast Facebook photos and videos from your Android device to your Chomecast.
- Cast Google+ photos and videos from your Android device to your Chomecast.
- Cast local photos and videos from your Android device to your Chromecast.
This is the free, ad-supported version of Castaway.
Check out the premium version to remove ads and receive new features as they are added!
If you are having trouble displaying certain photos or videos, please check the following link that explains what formats are supported by Chromecast: https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/media.
Android Authority Review:
* Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage (used to cast your local photos and videos - nothing will be deleted)
* Add or remove accounts / find accounts / use accounts (this is required to access your Google+ account to cast photos and videos)
* Full network access, network connections, wifi connections (required to access Google+ and see your Chromecast)
* Read contents of your USB storage (required to access local photos and videos for sending to the Chromecast)
Any Android application can use Toaster to stream video, music and photos with share option.
User can also use Media Server feature that allows other DLNA devices to browse phone media. Media Server feature is only available for Toaster Cast Pro users.
Toaster supports a wide range of devices compatible with DLNA / UPnP standard and can cast media to:
Smart TVs: Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, Sharp, LG, Philips and more
Hi-Fi: Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Harman/Kardon, Bose, Oppo and more
Game consoles: Xbox, Playstation (with Media Server)
PC and MAC software: XBMC, foobar, Windows Media Player and many more
Toaster can also stream photo and video gallery to Chromecast and can change your Chromecast into a photo frame.
Toaster Free API allows other applications to stream multimedia content through DLNA without any additional user interaction. The first app that integrated with Toaster Control API for DLNA is n7player.
Album Art by Sean Fournier, 2008, Licensed under CC License.
Once this app is installed, you will need to stop / restart Podcast Addict in order to disable the ad banners. It will not unlock any new feature, because Podcast Addict is unlimited by default.
You must have Podcast Addict installed before purchasing this Donate app.
THIS APP DOESN'T HAVE AN ICON AND CANNOT BE STARTED. JUST INSTALL IT... AND FORGET ABOUT IT
In case you see some bugs or have some suggestions regarding Podcast Addict, please send me an email so I can fix it.
Please don't forget to rate the Donate app, review it and click its +1 button to give it more visibility on the Google Play.
With Podcast Addict, manage all your audio & video Podcasts as well as your YouTube channels and News feeds from your Android device.
Subscribe to your favorite podcasts using the embedded networks (5by5, ABC, AfterBuzz TV, BBC, CBC, Channel 9 (MSDN), CNN, ESPN, FrogPants, LibriVox, NPR, Revision3, Smodcast, Twit, ...).
You can also import your podcasts subscriptions from an iTunes or Google Reader OPML export file, or use the embedded search engine to browse Podcasts Addict or iTunes databases (~ 150K podcasts indexed).
Finally you can also copy and paste your podcasts RSS feeds in order to subscribe.
The app displays a small ad banner at the bottom of the screen.
If you want to support Podcast Addict and/or disable the ad banner, you can buy 'Podcast Addict - Donate' app
Please report bugs and vote for new features: http://podcastaddict.uservoice.com
• Chromecast support (NEW)
• minimal permission requirement
• manage Audio & Video podcasts, iTunes podcasts, Youtube Channels & News feeds
• support both download & streaming
• automatic update
• automatic download
• advanced automatic deletion features (trash, ...)
• advanced Custom Settings per Podcast
• search engine (use both Podcast Addict database & iTunes database)
• audio & video player with resume feature
• variable playback speed available for Android 4.1+
• audio playlist
• customizable widgets
• full app backup / restore
• lock screen widgets (Android 4.0+ only)
• sleep timer
• both list & grid mode display
• authenticated feeds
• virtual podcasts (handle a folder content as a podcast)
• TOP 50 most successful podcasts
• OPML import (iTunes, Google Reader, ...)
• OPML export
• Podcasts suggestions
• comments download feature
• episode & podcast sharing
• episode filters & search engine
• pebble support (player notifications)
• can be controlled by task automation apps like Tasker or AutomateIT through Intents
• Chinese: HK Reporter
• English: 5by5, ABC, Absolute Radio, AfterBuzz TV, Al Jazeera, BBC, CBC, Channel 9 (MSDN), CNN, ESPN, Fox News Radio, FrogPants, How Stuff Works, KCRW, LibriVox, Mobile Nations, Mule Radio Syndicate, NASA, Nerdist, Nickelodeon, NPR, Podnutz, Quick and Dirty Tips, Revision3, RTÉ Radio, Scientific American, Slate, Smodcast, The Guardian, The Naked Scientists, Twit, WFMU
• French: BadGeek, Bepod, BFM TV, College de France, Divergence FM, Europe1, Freepod, JeuxVideo.com, NoWatch, Podcast Suisse, Radio Campus Paris, Radio Canada, Radio France, Radio01.net, RFI, RMC, RTBF, RTL, RTS, RZO, SynopsLive
• German: Deutsche Welle, DRadio Wissen, ORF, SRF, ZDF, WDR
• Italian: Radio24, Rai Radio 1, Rai Radio 2, Rai Radio 3, RSI
• Portuguese: BAND, CBN, RTP, TSF
• Russian: Радио ЭХО Москвы, Финам ФМ
• Spanish: Cadena SER, RTVE
Getting started: https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/292733-getting-started-
Bugs & Suggestions: http://podcastaddict.uservoice.com
EZCast APP for Android, developed by WinnerWave, displays documents and multimedia from Internet or your Android Pads/Smartphones wirelessly in cooperation with EZCast devices.
In addition, EZCast APP switches wireless display standards (DLNA, Miracast…) and control the setting through remoting the EZCast devices.
Since March 15, 2014 (App version 1.1.159+), EZCast APP (both Android/iOS version) supports Chromecast dongles and Android EZCast receivers.
Now Chromecast and Android dongle users can use EZCast to cast documents, multimedia from your devices, internet, cloud storages and social networks to the large display.
Check www.iezvu.com for complete user manual and related information.
Please report your issues by EZCast Comment function (Comment icon on the EZCast desktop). We will check the issues and answer you directly.
Android 4.0 above(1GHz CPU and 1GB+ DDR are prefered) An EZCast dongle or box
Local photo display, Local Music/Video Streaming
Web browsing and Internet Video Streaming
Office document presentation
DLNA as a render (DMR)
Setting control for the EZCast devices
More from developer
Car Cast is a simple audio podcast downloader and player. Optimized for use in a daily commute, it features big buttons, large text, remembers last played location. CarCast is open source software.
1. Subscribe to podcasts
2. Download podcasts (stored on flash card)
3. Playback in car/gym (no network needed)
View Tour http://jadn.com/carcast/tour
Car Cast is the same as Car Cast Pro, but Pro is free of advertisements.