Works for Telephones and Tablets.
28 Instruments or sound available :
Wind : Accordion, Bagpipe, Clarinet, Flute, Oboe, Pan Flute,Trumpet
Strings : Banjo, Guitar, Koto, Shamisen, Sitar, Violin,
Percussion : Kalimba, Steel Drum, Taiko Drum, Wood Block, Vibraphone, Xylophone
Keyboard : Electric Piano, Organ, Piano, Harpsichord, Celesta, Glockenspiel Sounds : Bird, Telephone, Music Box
Notes on the keys available
C D E F G A B
C D E F G A H
Do Ré Mi Fa Sol La Si
Ni Pa Vu Ga Di Ke Zo
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Dha
Ni ha ni ho he to i ro
durch zusammensetzen einzelner Sinusschwingungen, kann auf eine anschauliche Art demonstriert werden.
Die Auswirkungen durch verändern der Frequenz, Amplitude und Phase kann optisch und akustisch nachvollzogen werden.
En aquesta aplicació, hi trobaràs els conceptes més importants sobre astronomia, explicats de manera amena i amb la possibilitat de que el sintetitzador de veu te'ls llegeixi relaxadament.
També inclou la llista de tots els planetes del Sistema Solar i els seus satèl·lits amb fotografies, explicacions i una fitxa tècnica amb les dades més rellevants.
I per quan creus que ja ho saps tot, pots posar a prova tots els teus conneixements a exàmen i intentar superar el test de 10 preguntes... a veure quina nota assoleixes.
És doncs, una eina molt útil per a iniciar-se en l'astronomia, i està pensada perquè la puguin utilitzar nens a partir de 5 anys, ja que amb l'ajuda del sintetitzador, poden sentir les explicacions.
- Alfred Nobel invented dynamite in 1866
- Humpback whales create the loudest sound of any living creature
- One human hair can support 3kg
- Unlike any other element, helium does not solidify
With "Amazing Science Facts" learn every day new fascinating, strange, funny and interesting scientific facts and trivia.
* Thousands of amazing facts about physics, biology, maths, astronomy, etc.
* Receive daily facts in the notification bar
* Very fast and simple to use
* Works offline, even in "airplane mode". Access all facts anytime, anywhere, no internet connection needed.
* Search any term and find all facts about it
* Bookmark your favorite facts for quick future reference
* Read random facts
* Share your favorite facts by Email, Twitter, etc.
* Listen to the facts using Android's built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer
* Works in both portrait and landscape mode for easier reading
Q: How can I share a fact from the list?
A: Just press for 2 or 3 seconds over the fact, a menu with the available sharing options will appear
Q: How can I change the speech speed?
A: The speed of the speech is controlled by the TTS engine installed with Android. It can be set up by going to:
Settings --> Voice input & output settings --> Text to speech settings --> speech rate
Q: I don't like the voice. How can I improve it?
A: The default text-to-speech engine installed with Android is Pico TTS, it’s pretty simple and sometimes may sound a bit electronic. You can always install alternatives like eSpeak, SVox or IVONA from Android Market.
Q: How can I change the speech accent?
A: Just go to Menu --> Settings and select the language. Currently, 2 accents are available:
* English (US)
* English (GB)
About the permissions:
We know you may be worried about the permissions required by the application so here is the explanation of why they are needed:
To load the ads used to support the development of the application, these permissions are required:
- Full Internet access
- View network state
About the speech synthesizer:
The text-to-speech (TTS) technology may not be available in some devices. To check if your phone is able of speech synthesis: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTS engine. An internet connection may be required. We recommend installing it before traveling as roaming data tariffs may be very expensive.
EnglishUp is a multiple choice game to learn vocabulary of other languages. Most used words in English ordered by use. For each one you get right, your score will add one. Search, play, listen to words to know their pronunciation and pass all levels. EnglishUp is not a dictionary. EnglishUp is not a translator.
The app also includes level with 169 irregular verbs and level with 803 phrasal verbs 803 .
It also includes button to suggest better translations or point out errors in the database . We are grateful that the database improves. Each 100 changes it will be updated.
The database includes translations in :
The speech synthesizer is available at:
*In most devices, speech works correctly, but if it does not work on your phone, just go to "voice input and output" in your phone settings and set the wanted speech motor.
*Dont hesitate to coment any problem or suggestion!
* EnglishUp not be used in isolation. It is simply to learn and review vocabulary. For a good learning be reconciled with other resources such as books or television series. The study of grammar is important to learn the language well. For this there are other applications that can help you with as you babbel or busuu. After this, a very useful and entertaining to assimilate the language is to see series that you like or even that you already know. But do not forget, whenever you want to expand your vocabulary, here will be EnglishUp. Best of luck!
*If you have a english academy or similar and you are interested on develop a level to promote your academy or for a specific theme or kind of words, just contact to email@example.com
* EnglishUp is officially on sale for any business application development or investor. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: learn, english, vocabulary, trivial, spanish, french, game
More from developer
Open the app, tap the button to enable, and tap again to disable.
When enabled, any incoming SMS messages will be spoken like :
"SMS received from 07777777777 message is : Hi, what time will you be home?"
App originally developed to "scratch my own itch", source code available on github:
Disclaimer : If you forget to disable the app when you're finished using it, I'm not held responsible! If you're in a business meeting and the app starts speaking a personal message from your partner then you should have tapped to disable (or set silent mode), you have been warned!