You can create regular plain text files as well as Markdown and MultiMarkdown files.
Draft is powered by Dropbox, so all your documents are stored in the cloud where you can easily access them from any device you have.
Draft is still under highly active development, so any feedback is greatly appreciated!
(Notes created with Draft are not stored on the public storage of the device, so they cannot be directly accessed by other apps. Synchronization is only possible through the provided Dropbox integration.)
* Create, view and edit plain text and Markdown or MultiMarkdown notes
* Organise all your notes in folders and sub-folders
* Full text search of all your documents
* Fullscreen editing for distraction free writing
* Smart editing with a dedicated Markdown shortcuts toolbar and lists continuation
* Five different color themes
* Share your documents with other applications
* Share the Markdown generated HTML preview of your notes
* Receive text from other applications
* Store your notes in the cloud with Dropbox
# File formats
* Draft can create notes with the following extensions:
* Draft can import (from Dropbox or other apps) files with the following extensions:
# Dropbox synchronization
By default all your notes are stored in a dedicated folder in your Dropbox called 'Draft'; you can change this location in the application settings.
Draft provides full offline support, so every change you make to your notes will be propagated to Dropbox once the network is available.
"Lightpaper is largely a fantastic user experience that’s unrivalled in my experiences on the platform." - android.appstorm.net
"LightPaper delivers impressive features wrapped in a compelling and simple interface" - makeuseof.com
"One of the Best Writing Apps for Android Tablets" - mediabistro.com
"Looks seriously slick" - @ethanschoonover, author of Solarized Theme
"Best markdown editor for Android" - nostylus.com
★ Markdown and MultiMarkdown support
★ Blogging support for WordPress, Tumblr and scriptogram
★ Use local storage, or sync with Dropbox
★ Folder support for Dropbox and the Local File System
★ Undo/Redo support
★ Markdown shortcuts: quickly surround or insert with Markdown tags
★ Fast Edit keys for rapid editing
★ Preview Markdown as you write it
★ Distraction Free Mode for concentrating on one thing at a time
★ Automatic saving your documents when interrupted
★ Integrated spellchecking when desired
★ Open text and Markdown files from other applications
★ Share your text and Markdown with other Android Apps
★ Optimized User Interfaces for both phones and tablets
★ UTF-8 Support
★ Bluetooth keyboard shortcuts
★ Perfect for drafts, notes, memos, tasks, blogging and articles
★ And... a team dedicated to making this the best text and Markdown editor available
Writer's philosophy is Keep It Simple. Writer tries to be as basic as possible, giving you somewhere to turn your thoughts into text, markdown support, and some statistics. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Note: Files are currently stored stored in sdcard://Writer/. Future versions of Writer will allow you to select a custom directory, share documents through email, and synchronize your documents using Dropbox and Box.net
JotterPad X gives you the creative space for your ideas to flow. We push the boundary of our design to create a comfortable yet inspiring platform to write on. The result, an exquisite experience which simply cannot be achieved with word processor and note-taking tool.
JotterPad X has one of the best tools for writing in Android. The app incorporates essential features such as undo, redo, night mode, finding phrase, versions. Other features which are newly introduced include: pop up research (dictionary/thesaurus), auto-save, text styling and Markdown. JotterPad X also has full Dropbox integration.
JotterPad X is now available in smartphone, 7 inch tablet and 10 inch tablet optimized for Android Kitkat.
✓Full featured distraction-free plain text editor
Undo & Redo, Phrase finding, Night Mode#, Live word count and Markdown preview (.md)#.
Also include auto hiding actionbar and locking screen# for viewing pleasure.
✓Access Dropbox and local text files (.txt, .md, .fountain)
Built in file manager system to access local documents.
Full Dropbox Integration, access anywhere on the go even while offline. (No syncing required)
Auto save document and retrieve previous versions instantly.
✓Typeface and style customisation
Better writing experience by adjusting text fonts, margin, line spacing and text alignment.
✓Share and export
Share document as plain text, text file, HTML, RTF or export it as PDF#.
✓Extended keyboard bar
Adds a bar to the top of your normal keyboard for additional buttons and some frequently used markdown syntax.
Compatible with physical and Bluetooth keyboard including shortcut keys. (E.g. ctrl + Z for undo)
Right-to-left (RTL) supported on Android 4.2 or above.
✓Popup Dictionary and Thesaurus# at your fingertips
Save your time to switch between apps in order to look up a word in dictionary or thesaurus.
✓Premium features (Creative IAP)
Unlocked features include Thesaurus, Night Mode. Lock Screen, Remove PDF watermark, Retrieve Versions, Markdown Preview and Lots of joy.
For more information,
# Only on Creative Version
* Useful for NaNoWriMo
*MarkDrop* is a **markdown** editor for Android
It can *sync* with Dropbox
- Sync with Dropbox on it's ~/Apps/MarkDrop folder
- QuickButton to write markdown
- Preview markdown in web browser
- when delete note in Dropbox will not sync to Android
Thank you for choose MarkDrop.
I will update this App continuance.
# Hope you markdown happy.
A simple to use, holo-themed markdown editor with Pandoc extensions. It supports .md and .txt extensions and can open email attachments.
- File browser to arrange and organize your documents
- Quick access to common markdown syntax to help you write documents quickly and correctly
- Export the rendered output to HTML
- View images on the local memory store
Source code available at: https://bitbucket.org/npaul/mdreader/
Markdown is a lightweight markup language, originally created by John Gruber and Aaron Swartz allowing people "to write using an easy-to-read, easy-to-write plain text format, then convert it to structurally valid HTML". The language takes many cues from existing conventions for marking up plain text in email.
**Note:** The external file viewer is disabled by default. In order to open external text or markdown files you need to enable it from the Preferences screen first.
✓ Create notes using Markdown syntax
✓ Share notes
✓ Pager interface to navigate between notes
✓ Configurable text size
✓ Open external files (text files or *.md). Enable from Preferences -> External File Viewer
Tutorial: Making Notal and Dropbox work together on Android: http://fusionfenix.com/page/making-notal-and-dropbox-work-together-on-android
* Notes are stored in text format (instead of proprietary formats), easily retrievable over the cloud
* Option of applying AES 256 encryptions to notes to ensure secrecy
* Ability to re-download locally deleted notes from cloud
* Background sync of notes when network is available
* Small footprint, just enough for you to get things done
* Let you read your decrypted info in peace with Anti-Snooping Background
* Share links to notes saved on Dropbox as well as share content to other third-party apps
* (New) Write in Markdown and preview Markdown!
Keywords: Documents; Notes; Dropbox; Writer; Text Encryption; Synchronization; Links; Cloud service; Note-Taking, Markdown, Markdown Preview
- Create, view and edit text files on your Android device
- Live preview for Markdown and HTML
- Cloud based: Denote stores all its data in a subfolder on your personal Dropbox account so you can access it via your Mobile devices, Mac or PC
- Offline support: changes are synced with Dropbox next time you're connected
- Email files created in Denote
- Sort file listings by name or modified date
- Customize font size and type face used for notes
- Free customer support via email
For some, text files are a big part of a GTD (Getting Things Done) workflow. But even if you have never heard of David Allen or Merlin Mann, Denote's clean interface and simple functionality will help boost productivity on your Android device.
Note: A Dropbox account is required for syncing.
- Sync with Simplenote
- View / Create / Edit / Delete note
- Find note (keyword search, tag search, sort)
- Tag edit
- Note settings (pin, markdown) edit
- Two kinds of view mode (plain text, markdown preview)
- Create a new note via Intent
If you want to hide the Ad, please install "Glance Note Extension".
Glance Note Extension is paid application.
With Indigo, your personal virtual assistant, you can:
- Find what you need using Google, Wikipedia, Bing, Yahoo, Yelp, YouTube and others
- Translate anything to Spanish, German, French, Italian and many other languages
- Use natural language to get what you need
- Connect with social media like Facebook and Twitter
- Get weather forecasts for any location
- Manage your calendar; quickly find out what your day looks like
- Take notes
- Find the best restaurant or bar in town
- Get directions and navigate to friends, restaurants and stores
- Quickly find locations on Google Maps
- Set alarms and reminders, alerting you at a specific time if needed
- Read and send text messages, emails and tweets
- Make phone calls, find contact details
- Play videos or search for images
- Launch from the home button (upwards swipe)
- Save common tasks as favourites so you can quickly access them
- Continue the same conversation across multiple online devices
- Search with Google, Bing and Yahoo for the answer to any question
...and much more – all you have to do is ask!
Indigo is connected to services like Google, Twitter, Facebook, Yelp, Wikipedia, Yahoo, Google Images, Google Maps, World Weather Online, Streetview, YouTube, Google Translate, Wolfram Alpha and more. New services are added frequently.
The Indigo speech driven app is currently a Beta app, which means you may experience minor glitches as we refine it. Please get in touch with us if you find persistent issues.
Questions, comments or requests? We’d love to hear from you. Email us at email@example.com or send a tweet to @hello_indigo.
Indigo is an alternative to other voice personal assistant apps in the market like Siri from Apple, Voice Actions, Google Now, Nuance, Dragon Mobile Assistant, Vlingo, Voice Search, S Voice, Iris, IBM Watson, Siri, Maluuba, Skyvi, Jeannie, Speaktoit Assistant and other voice control applications. Get Indigo now and find out how clever she is. Indigo is also available on Windows Phone 8.
- Minimal propriety format
- Effortless sync
- Offline full text search
- Markdown support
- Stock Android user interface elements: lightweight, fast, accessibility compliant
- Engineered to be compact yet feature-rich
- No ads
- No in-app purchases
Rated 4 out of 5 stars by AndroidTapp, listed as one of the best apps of the month
Minutes is a lightweight and fast text editor with special emphasis on facilitating the note taking workflow and the note discovery process. By avoiding the use of proprietary data, it keeps your note data (UTF-8) as independent from the app as possible. Background Dropbox sync makes your saved notes consistently available across platforms via the cloud (unlike cloud storage based file editors). Sync also works seamlessly with apps such as Greenify in optimizing battery use. Frequently tested and refined by the developer's own extensive daily use, Minutes leverages the existing Android user interface elements and acquires only the system resources essential for your note taking tasks. Even there is no one size fits all note taking app, Minutes is uniquely customizable and fine-tunable, making it easy to balance features with performance.
A summary of features:
-- Offline note search
-- Easily convert note content for viewing in HTML via Markdown syntax (extensions provided by Minutes Pro)
-- Markdown toolbar
-- 2-way sync with Dropbox
-- Export and import notes in plain text to and from Dropbox with backup scheduling (deprecated, backward compatibility only)
-- Export notes to local storage
-- Lockscreen widget support for casual note browsing
-- Customization (sorting, font family and size, etc.)
-- Share notes to other apps
-- Edit commands include:
* Insert date and time stamp
* Go to top/bottom within a note
* Paste special function
* Text search within a note
* Batch text replace within a note
* Select any text in a note and search in notes, phone or web
* Highlighted search results
* Revert unsaved changes
* Language support: European Spanish (Natxo Núñez) and Chinese.
-- Controls over memory/CPU intensive features
-- Accessibility support
More ways to integrate Minutes into your note taking activities by upgrading to PRO:
-- Search notes by voice
-- Auto save
-- Searchable metadata (for setting up note categories or tags)
-- Text to speech support (language support based on devices)
-- More advanced filtering of recent notes
-- Context awareness support: retrieve all notes last modified at the current GPS location
-- More ways to customize the widget
-- Customizable time and location stamps
-- Remember the last editing position
-- Day and Night themes
-- QR/barcode insertion (camera equipped devices only)
-- Dictionary lookup (requires ColorDict)
-- Scheduled snapshot of notes to SD card
-- Support multiple Markdown dialects
-- Render simple mathematics formula with LaTeX like syntax (experimental and may not work on OEM Android such as TouchWiz)
-- Better editing support (more Markdown symbols, integrated search and replace, etc.)
-- Print/Save to PDF in Google Drive (requires Android 4.4)
More about the app:
1. A Dropbox account is required to use this app. Only minimum permissions will be used to access the Dropbox account.
2. Minutes is not designed to be used as a collaboration tool and does not provide conflict resolution over what Dropbox provides (https://www.dropbox.com/help/36). multiple devices to simultaneously edit a file is beyond the scope of this app.
3. Google Analytics is used in this app solely for the gathering of crash reports. This app does not and will not gather personal data.
4. Location data will be used strictly for the functions described above. Location awareness is disabled by default.
Keywords: GitHub flavored markdown