Record voice notes, songs, sermons, music, talks, or even concerts in high-fidelity 44 kHz audio sampling — it's much better than your pre-installed sound recorder app. Unleash the true quality of your device's microphone!
★ Real-time MP3 recording
★ Pause and resume recordings
★ Home screen widgets — start recording with just a tap
★ Changeable bit rate — up to 320 kbps
★ Selectable microphone (front or back/rear)
★ Alternate recording icon — prevent unwanted attention
★ Manage existing recordings — share, sort, rename, and delete them
★ Automatic stop when storage free space reaches a customizable limit
★ Input gain setting to make recording louder or softer
You can send recordings by email and Bluetooth or by copying files directly from the phone via USB cables or from the SD card. Share them via Skype, WhatsApp, SoundCloud, Gmail, or store online via Evernote, Dropbox, Catch, Google Drive and more, if you have those apps installed.
Try the free version: Hi-Q MP3 Voice Recorder (Free).
– Recording phone conversations is not supported.
– Not every device supports high-quality sound recordings. Try the Free version first to ensure that this app meets your needs. Some devices are forced to record in slightly lower quality.
– Widgets are enabled only if this app is installed on the phone, not SD Card or USB Storage. Go to Android Settings → Apps to move it to the phone if you want to use widgets.
– Upon first launch, a license check to Google Play will be done. You'll need an Internet connection for this one-time check. No personal data is transmitted to us.
If you are not satisfied, just email me and you will get 100% refund!
Used app permissions
– Full Internet access — to send app stack trace when it crashes. No personal data is sent.
– Read phone state and identity – to detect when a phone call is made, so recording can be stopped to prevent audio corruption. Phone numbers, IMEI, or other serial numbers are not obtained.
– Modify/delete USB Storage/SD Card contents — to store the recordings
Search keywords: HQ, HiQ, HiQuality, High-Q, HighQ, HighQuality, MP 3 Tape Recorder, Voice Recorder. Similar apps: Easy Voice Recorder, Recforge, TapeRecorder, Virtual Recorder. Also known as dictaphone, dictation, sound recording, or speech recording.
HD Audio Recorder Pro is a high quality voice recording app, store your recordings as voice memos and share them with your colleagues/friends, this application uses optimal voice recording settings to give you the best possible HD recording experience right out of the box.
1. HD Audio recording using AAC Audio encoding or 16 Bit PCM Encoding.
2. Simple UI, instant start, plain ICS theme for Android 3.0+ devices.
3. All the required functionality is in one screen and within the user's click.
4. Supported operations in Pro Version 1.0
a. Send/Share your recording.
b. Rename your recording.
c. Delete your recording right from the app.
d. Save the recording file as your phone's ringtone.
e. Help on how to get acquainted with all the features
5. A timer to monitor your recording time.
6. Click on the item in the list to play the file and long click to perform operations.
7. Record in either PCM or AAC formats.
8. Delete/Share multiple files at the same time
9. Fluid animation on the recording items.
10. Stealth recording mode by either switching off the screen or pressing the home button.
HQ Audio recorder v1.2.2,
Fixes recording bug
ActionBar implementation throughout the app
contextual ActionBar for selection of items in multiple selection activity.
and sound-sketches easy and anywhere. This mini studio offers a lot of basic audio features to explore: jam to your imported or recorded loops, edit your audioclips, add effects like Delay and Chorus, share your session to Soundcloud and other platforms. In other words: a great tool for songwriters and other creative musicians!
* Four tracks available to record or import on
* Audio effects: Fuzz, Chorus, Delay, Equalizer, Reverb
* Sharing with SoundCloud, Google Drive, Gmail, DropBox etc.
* Import/Export your own music (MP3/WAV)
* Loop function (with snap to beat function)
* Record with metronome and count off
* Stereo panning
* Bounce tracks to free track-space
* Track editing
If you experience problems with the app, please check the F.A.Q. (on the menu screen in the app) or let us know about it by sending an email so we can try to fix it.
* The app doesn't work well on the Samsung Galaxy Ace, Samsung Spica, the Samsung Moment, the Motorola Triumph.
MP3 Decoding/Encoding specifics:
For mp3-import the app uses the JLayer-MP3 Library from the JLayer Project: http://www.javazoom.net/javalayer/javalayer.html.
For mp3-export the app uses LAME from the LAME Project:
By all means try the TRIAL version first to see if your device works:
Please have a look here for a list of tested devices and more information:
If you are more interested in a media player, please see our USB Audio Player PRO app:
eXtream Software Development has written custom USB audio code from scratch because Android does not support USB audio. No rooting is required.
Your USB audio device must be class-compliant in order to work: USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 class-compliant devices are supported with either USB audio spec 1.0 or 2.0. Devices that require you to install specific drivers under Windows or OSX will usually not work.
Make sure to connect your audio device BEFORE starting the app. If you get a message on start-up saying that the device failed to initialize, your device will not work (for now). Reasons can be that your Android device does not meet the requirements, it does not supply enough power (try a powered hub), the USB audio device is not class-compliant or you are not using an OTG cable (if needed).
Please let us know if your Android/audio device combination works.
Note that this app also functions as the license/key to use USB audio in Audio Evolution Mobile.
• USB audio recording
• USB audio playback
• Mono, stereo and multichannel recording
• Stereo playback (on multichannel device, the first two outputs are used)
• 16-bit and/or 24-bit depending on your device
• Up to 192 kHz sample rate (depending on your audio device)
• Input/output selection
• Buffer size selection (1024 to 16384 frames)
• Recording format selection: wav/flac/ogg/aiff. (No mp3 since that is patented, use ogg for similar quality and compression)
• Big timer display
• Level meters for playback and recording with peak hold to see what your loudest peak was (tap on level meter to clear)
• Monitor button to set your levels before recording
• Load wav/aiff/flac/ogg files for playback
• Rename or delete recording
• Display of available disk space
• Internal controls like gain, volume and mute are presented on the mixer screen if available
• Set the folder you wish to record to, for example, external sd cards
• Play through your Android device's internal speakers or headset in case you have an input-only device like an USB mic
• Very basic playlist (directory playback) functionality because of the many user requests. No mp3 playback or fancy graphics, the app is meant for recording! Screen must stay on and the app must run in the foreground.
• Share your recording through GMail, SoundCloud, etc.
• 800x480 screen minimum (in landscape)
• Android 3.1 or higher (no root required!!!)
• Android device with USB host capability
• USB OTG cable to go from micro-USB to full-sized USB if your Android device does not have a full-sized USB port
Just a glimpse of working audio devices:
• Lexicon Lambda, Omega
• M-Audio Duo, Fast Track, Fast Track Pro
• Presonus 22VSL
• Blue Snowball, Yeti and Yeti PRO
• RME Babyface
• Zoom H2, H4
• Several HiFi DAC's
Unfortunately, Samsung S1, S2 and Note 1 devices are NOT supported because the kernel is missing some crucial parts. The S3, S4 and Note 2 work though.
Note that we are not affiliated with the USB Audio Recorder, USB Audio Field Recorder or USB Audio Tester app.
Tags: usb audio, audio, record, recording, recorder, multitrack, j4t, DAW, fourtrack, cubase, fl studio, USB audio tester, USB audio recorder, M-Audio, PreSonus, Focusrite
This Sound Recorder is a simple, fun, and easy to use audio & voice recorder. Through the phone's microphone ，Use it to record meetings, lectures, speech，and personal notes, without time limits!
All recordings are saved at your SD card inside of your phone. So you can search records via file managers.
When you complete voice recording , you can simply set your recorder sound file name , you will know what records anytime , anywhere .
Recording interface is very beautiful ,just like a tradition tape recorder, through a simulation of the classic tape rotation allows you to enjoy the fun of recording .
- 3gp/amr lossless files recorded .
- Recording in background (even when display is off). You can run the software in the background to record the sound while you do other things !
- Recording without time limit ;
- Can easily control the recording save / suspend / cancel
- Very vivid tape rolling to simulate the recording conduct
- Easily play / delete the original sound recordings
- Easy to use recordings list
It's fantastic! Can be your babysitter. And you may use it as regular voice recorder with simple and nice user interface. Give it a try!
Please feel free to send me feedback via email if you have any question.
"Sound Recorder" development based on open source Micode library . While adhering to Apache License 2.0 .
Auto backup files to Dropbox. Multipane layout optimized for editing sounds and song files on tablets. Pinch zoom gesture.
High fidelity CD quality music and audio recorder for Android. Visual Audio Editing! You can edit and cut your recordings! Ringtone maker.
This is the easiest tool to record for professional musicians, college lectures, taking voice notes, sending voice messages.
You can loop your recordings and play along. A virtual loop pedal!
Nothing compares to the sound quality. Send recordings over email, or podcast instantly. Choose recording (from 48000 khz to 44.1 mhz which is CD quality and compression rates and as low as 8000 khz Pause Button. Plays and records in background so that you can listen to recordings while doing other tasks.
Saves in OGG, AAC and WAV formats. Audio Recorder. Blog. Facebook. Twitter. Share. Ringtones creator.
How to Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSzGtscG6YA
How to Playback: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYZjJdtizQg
How to Compress to MP3 using 3rd party app: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR_F0LyLiUU
Now other Android developers can compress from WAV to OGG or AAC using HiFiCorder!
This is an easy and simple voice recorder, and this is a great music recorder. This is also an effective recorder for college lectures, medical notes doctors, lawyers notes , student lecture notes and recording your college professor in any topic such as economics, technology, recording technology, and recording studios. HiFiCorder is a recorder for memories, and a recorder for dreams.
-Multi pane layouts optimized for tablets
-Auto backup files to the cloud
-Faster AAC Encoding!
-Cleaner Holo Theme
-Improved Audio quality
-Landscape mode / Tablet Support
-Ogg Encoding is now realtime, no more waiting for "compressing" dialog to finish!
-AAC Encoding has been introduced! AAC encoding is realtime on Android 3.1 and above!
-Auto-detection of files inside the HiFiRecordings directory!
HD Voice Recorder is smart and designed to record high quality and long-time sound. With a Nice and easy interface, you will be able to record everything you want. The Skip Silence mode is very usefull to record only what is usefull and avoid long silence (For example night sleep talks, business meeting, live performance, baby sitter...). The Spy mode allow you to record in background without any notification... you are the only one who knows that you are recording.
★ High Quality recording (WAV CD Quality, MP3 128 Kbps)
★ Record in MP3 !
★ Silence skip mode (with adjustable sensitivity in Decibels)
★ Adjustable quality to reduce file size
★ Spy mode: record in background without any notification (even when display is off)
★ save/pause/resume/cancel recording process control
★ Share records (email, whatsapp, soundcloud, evernote, dropbox...).
★ Save records as ringtone
★ Audio conversion to mp3
ADMOB SDK added
Sound Recorder designed for high quality long-time sound recording with skipping relative silence on-the-fly . For example , you can use it for record night sleep talks , business meetings , a regular day of your babysitter , how you sing or play the guitar and so on . It is fantastic! And you may use it as regular voice recorder with simple and nice user interface .
Sound Recorder - The best way to Keeping up your voice to be remembered .
When the voice was recorded you can send/share a recording via email , whatsapp , dropbox , etc .
- quick , real-time recording , without waiting for .
- high quality and bit rate of up to 128 KBPS .
- able to hide the recording .
- easy to use , a key recording .
- the international two-way audio technology , multi-level security algorithms , multilevel access control .
Incredibly simple and very useful . Make your own voice fast and easy with this all in one new app .
A high quality recording software , powerful ,The recording quality is much better than the default recorder , can real-time recording of 44 KHZ high quality voice . You can not only put the audio content send by email or bluetooth , but also directly from an SD card copy audio content . Can be hidden in the background , not to be found .
Beautiful interface , have lifelike sound recording effect . Support background recordings , custom recording file type , customize the recording quality . All kinds of humanized operation obtained user's consistent high praise ! No metter recording calling voice or any other sound information is good . For
forgetfulness or talk about business , or lovers , this software can leave "evidence" sounds more worth having .
You can also easily make voice memos . Support AMR (. 3 gp) , AAC (mp4) , WAVE (.wav) , such as a variety of formats , can keep and share with friends !
- quick, real-time recording, without waiting for .
- high quality and bit rate of up to 128 KBPS .
- able to hide the recording .
- easy to use , a key recording .
- the international two-way audio technology , multi-level security algorithms , multilevel access control .
★ This application is a handy tool for recording your meetings, personal notes, classes, music or talks and more, with no time limits! ★
✓ Recording formats: 3GP, WAV, MP4
✓ Support recording in the background (even when display is off)
✓ Save/pause/resume/cancel recording process control
✓ Sample rate options for better control of recording quality
✓ Manage existing recordings — play, rename, or delete them
✓ Save recordings to Sd Card
✓ Save recordings to Google Drive
✓ Remaining storage space showed on home screen
✓ Displays the recording status in the notification bar.
✓ Send and share the recordings.
✓ Selectable microphone (front or back/rear)
NOTE: This app is not call recorder.
Enjoy this handy sound/voice recorder, thank you!
Field Recorder is only available on Google Play!
Turn your smartphone and tablet into an HQ audio recorder!
Customers say it is the best audio recorder app that money can buy and worth every cent.
Field Recorder provides easy-to-use presets for standard tasks like dictation or concert recording. However, it is actually designed for professional use as it provides more than 60 options to customize it to the given device and situation. Also, external microphones are supported.
• Recording, overwriting, continuing, and playing of wav files with mono and stereo.
• Up to 4 seconds pre- and post recording. You won't miss any important stuff even if you are too late at the start button.
• Auto start, stop, and continue, depending on loudness. The control signal can be filtered independently to optimize it for voices and other audio signals.
• When recording, automatic stop at 4GB maximum file size and even seamless restart of a new file is available (activate auto start with a low threshold).
• High-precision stereo audio engine with minimum-phase shelving equalizers and stereo balance correction to compensate for flaws of the microphones. Also with recording booster, configurable limiters, soft clipping, and high-quality monitoring.
• Wav player with volume maximizer, silent and audible fast-forward and fast-rewind, and low-latency random access to any play position via progress bar.
• Stores recordings internally or on any chosen SD card (even if you have two or more SD cards installed). Default is SD card. Optionally makes recordings visible to your favorite player.
• More than 9200 colors available for the metallic-brushed skin! Also, you choose round or rectangular LEDs, left-hand operation, the button size, and your favorite color for the LCD display.
The First 15 Minutes
Use the Google Play 15 minute return period to check out if audio recording works on your phone. Especially, try the different inputs from "In:MicA" to "In:MicE".
Start with the presets which you select by touching "Factory". Probably, you find a preset in the cloud perfectly adapted to your smartphone! Then choose the various inputs (touch "In:MicA"). If you activate "Monitor", use headphones to avoid an acoustic feedback loop. Check without creating audio files, just by pressing the pause button, which activates the level meters. In the LCD you see a date/time string as the potential file name.
• The name of a modified preset is shown in the LCD in gray
• Play back uses the PlayLimiter and ignores the Monitor switch, so monitoring can be deactivated during recording
• Touch "time/position/free" label to show remaining recording duration
• Touch battery symbol to toggle between battery and CPU usage
• Touch "CLIP" to reset clip LEDs
• Touch meter to open its configuration menu
• The meter shows peak amplitudes or the start/stop control signal
• Active auto start overrules pressing the pause button
• The auto start/stop control signal filter with 1.5kHz is optimized for speech. 750Hz are better with high-frequency environmental noise, 3k reduces low-frequency influence
• Soft Clipping is active above -3dBFS
• Limiting and Soft Clipping work only if Boost is greater than 0dB
• Recording Boost above 20dB might produce hardware feedback loop (caused by weak power supply)
• Overwrite and Append modify existing recordings (warning can be switched on/off)
• Activate flight mode to further reduce noise floor
iRig Recorder is a powerful and flexible audio recording app for your Android device, which is convenient and easy to use. You can have a professional recording tool at your fingertips, anytime and anywhere, along with intuitive and practical editing functions and various export options to fit your audio needs — wherever your mobile life takes you.
iRig Recorder comes with full recording features, which includes waveform editing, 8 powerful and easy-to-use effects and complete file-transfer and export functions.
iRig Recorder is the perfect companion to iRig MIC or iRig MIC Cast. Take iRig Recorder anywhere, along with either IK mic, to capture podcasts, interviews, concerts or any kind of sound — at home or in the field. If you already own a pro mic, you can use it with iRig Recorder by connecting it to your mobile device with iRig PRE, our mobile mic preamp.
iRig Recorder's intuitive editing tools let you cut, crop or loop your audio. The powerful effects processors optimize tone for speech or music, clean up background noise, brighten your voice for clarity, smooth it in harsh or overly bright recordings, or change the speed of your tracks without affecting pitch.
The effects are so easy to use that anyone — even without specific music or audio knowledge — can produce quality audio material in seconds with iRig Recorder.
iRig Recorder organizes your recordings by date and time and tags them with a geo location for easy and reliable file management. Recordings can be easily shared by e-mail and FTP, over Bluetooth, through USB cables, to internal storage, or via apps installed on the device. Files can be exported as CD-Quality WAV files, or as compressed .ogg files that range from 64 to 192 kbps.
Record your world with iRig Recorder!
iRig Recorder features:
• Convenient, easy-to-use mobile recording and editing app: just launch the app and press record!
• The perfect companion to iRig MIC and iRig MIC Cast for your podcasts, interviews, concerts and field recordings
• Record into iRig Recorder with your own mic, connected to your mobile device through our iRig PRE preamp.
• One-touch recording
• Intuitive, non-destructive editing tools to cut, crop and loop your recordings
• Pitch- and time-based effects let you change the speed of your recordings without affecting pitch, to adapt your audio content to other media such as video
• Organizes your recordings by creation date and tags with geo location
• Export files as compressed .ogg or uncompressed .wav
• Recording time is only limited by the storage space on your Android device
• 8 intelligent effects automatically optimize your recordings — no audio knowledge required!
1. Optimize Volume: automatically adjusts for optimal volume
2. Optimize Tone: automatically adjusts for optimal equalization
3. Cleanup: automatically cleans up background noise
4. Brighten Voice: automatically increases clarity of speech and vocals
5. Smooth Voice: automatically smooths harsh or overly bright vocals
6. Speed Up: speeds up the recording without changing the pitch
7. Slow Down: slows down the recording without changing the pitch
8. Change Pitch: raises or lowers the pitch of the recording without changing duration
For more information:
It allows to Record, Edit and Share sounds, voices, notes, musics or any other audio.
- The Lite version has all the features of the pro version, but ogg and mp3 recording are paused every 3 minutes (no limit for wav), just press the pause button to continue. Try it before buying the pro version.
- If you have problems, please look at the FAQ page https://www.facebook.com/RecForge/app_160430850678443
RecForge can be used to :
- record (in mp3/ogg/wav) meetings, rehersals, music learning, EVP, ...
- share your recording on Google Drive, Skydrive, DropBox, Box, ...
- convert your recordings in diferent audio format
- edit audio files
- replace your Dictaphone
Main functions :
- Real-time record in mp3, ogg and wav
- Play, record, pause/resume, loop, convert audio files
- Edit your recording to keep only interesting parts
- Share your recordings
+ on social network,
+ by mail,
+ Ubuntu One,
+ Google Drive,
+ or others sharing apps.
- Disable AGC (Automatic Gain Control) for better sound quality (android > 2.1)
- Manual gain adjustment
- Use external microphone (3.5 jack - need an adapter. cf FAQ)
- Change Play back rate
- File format supported :
+ 8, 11, 12, 16, 22, 24, 32, 44 and 48kHz
+ wav, mp3 (up to 128kbps) and ogg (up to 250 kbpls)
- Convert your files in different format (wav, ogg & mp3)
- Record in background even when the phone is locked
- File manager with folders (rename, delete, copy, ...)
- Find and Play recordings by date, name and size
- Different widgets size (one click to record)
- Disable notifications to discreetly record
- Application movable to SD Card
- Language translations :
+ Simplified & Traditional Chinese,
Please take some few seconds to rate RecForge on the market. You can send me mail with feedback too. It is very important for me to improve RecForge.
If you have a question ask by mail or on Facebook. (I can't answer in comments).
Record voice, music, or any other sound directly into high quality!
You can record very easy and quick in any situation! Beautiful and simple voice recorder.
Virtual Recorder high quality (voice) recorder and in the same time player!
Voice Recorder is simple voice recording application. It is very easy to use Dictaphone application with main function of recording voice.
In the same time this app is player, you can listen what you recorded.
Keywords: voice recorder, sound recorder, audio recorder, dictaphone, player
- Simple and clean interface.
- Configure output format (3GPP, MPEG4, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, AAC, WAVE)
- Configure audio encoder (AMR-NB, AMR-WB, AAC-LC, HE-AAC, AAC-ELD, PCM)
- Configure WAVE Audio Format (8-bits, 16-bits)
- Configure channels (Mono, Stereo)
- Configure sampling rate (Depends on configured audio enconder. Ex: PCM supports 8000Hz, 11025Hz, 16000Hz, 22050Hz, 44100Hz)
- Configure bitrate (Depends on configured audio enconder. Ex: AMR-NB supports 4750Bps, 5150Bps, 5900Bps, 6700Bps, 7400Bps, 7950Bps, 10200Bps, 12200Bps)
- Configure recordings folder (By default is stored in Sd-Card folder Recordings)
- Configure file name prefix
- Internal player
- Records in background
- Recordings doesn't have any time limit
- Support rename files
- Support delete files
- Support share files
- Support send files
- Support set as a ringtone
- High quality recording in WAVE format
- Stereo support (depends on the device)
- Control recording using status bar
The Sound Recorder application depends on the device. This means that depending on the device some options might not be available or even work. If you encounter an option that doesn't work on your phone, try a different configuration.
Here are the preferences that can be selected by user:
Sampling Rate: 8000Hz, 11025Hz, 16000Hz, 22050Hz, 32000Hz, 44056Hz, 44100Hz, 48000Hz. Remember that all the sampling rates might not be supported by every device.
Channels: 1(Mono), 2(Stereo)
Audio Source: Default, Mic, Voice Communication, Voice Recognition. Voice Communication source takes advantage of echo cancellation or AGC(Automatic Gain Control) if supported by hardware, else the default source will be used.
More customization to come in new updates.
-Delete Multiple files at once
-Vibration settings added. Users can now enable or disable the vibration from the settings menu
-Banner Ads added to support development
-layout support added for multiple screen sizes
-Recording doesn't stop anymore when the screen turns off
-Recorded files duration is shown when the file is being played from Files page
-Several Fixes, Code Cleanups, new background for recorded files page
-Users can now share their recordings via bluetooth, text, email, gmail, or any other application that supports sharing using android Action Send feature by performing long press in the recordings.
-Automatic Crash prevention when the user selects the sampling rate and channels combination that are not supported by their device. The app will automatically change to default configuration of 44100Hz sampling rate and 1 Channel. Ad supported application.
-New Media Controls for the recorded file playback
-UI Overhaul, major Bugfixes
-Action Bar for all supported devices
-New Animation, graphics and more
-Adds new preference to select the audio source
-Voice Communication source allows echo cancellation or automatic gain control if supported by your device else uses Default audio source.
-Displays the preference selected for recording
-Ability to Rate the App from settings menu
-New App Icon
-Adds preference menu. Users have the ability to select custom sampling rate and number of channels to use.
- Major Update
- Records CD Quality Stereo audio with sampling rate of 44100Hz and 16Bit PCM encoding.
- The recordings are now stored in uncompressed wav format for clear recordings
- BugFixes, UI Refinements and more!
-Minor UI Changes and Bugfixes
-Minor UI changes, New Recording Animation
-High quality audio recording at 128Kbps
-Uses aac instead of 3gp
-Ability to delete individual recordings from the list by using long press
-Delete button added
-Haptic feedback enabled
-faster layout transitions
-New Animation, New graphics and more
-Added Timer for recording
-SeekBar added for recorded file playback
-Media Player Integration