- Easy to find synonyms for contextual interpretation
- Fully OFFLINE, Simple and quick
- Transliteration to roman characters (Pinyin)
- match words
- view synonyms
Flashcard and multiple choice games
- With transliterations
- High school or difficult words
- Review of flashcards word history.
*** Save on network costs by buying an offline app with no Ads ***
Tags: Dictionary, Translator, Thesaurus, Synonyms, Flashcards, Word Games, Learn Language, Translation, Travel Dictionary, Travelers, Businessmen, Students, Holiday, Vacation, Norwegian Chinese Dictionary, Norwegian Chinese Translator, Chinese Norwegian Dictionary, Chinese Norwegian Translator, Mandarin Norwegian , Norwegian Mandarin, Pinyin
★ We're using our very own dictionary, and search algorithms that prioritise words that you'll actually want to learn! For example, try searching for "tree" in your existing Chinese dictionary. More than likely you'll see 木 - not helpful at all! Search with trainchinese and you'll get 树 first and 一棵树 second - just what you were after.
★ Partial searches start returning results as soon as you begin typing. If you make a spelling mistake, you'll get suggestions for words you might have meant.
★ Get measure words for thousands of nouns. Tap measure words for full details and access to related searches.
★ Search for words by type! Add "n." to your query to prioritise nouns, for example.
★ trainchinese is great for study, because our words are organised into more than 1,000 word lists covering topics from International Relations to American Football Teams and more. Feel like something's missing? Users often get in touch to ask for lists on the topics the're studying, and we're happy to oblige!
★ Highlight words with your finger for super-fast access to character animations, related searches and more!
★ Whether you're studying the Simplified (mainland China and Singapore) or Traditional (Hong Kong and Taiwan) variants, we've got you covered! Easily switch between them or choose to display both in dictionary results and on flash cards.
★ Create flash cards with audio and animation from dictionary entries. Organise them into lists, and share them with friends (or students).
★ The Spaced Repetition system ensures you'll memorize those words for good.
★ Train however you want: each card is available in four different modes to test different aspects of Chinese study. See Chinese, Pinyin or English and get tested on translation, and even compare your handwriting to a stroke-order animation side-by-side, synchronized!
★ Flash cards are saved on your device and synchronized with trainchinese.com, where you can also train with them and find more great content.
★ Add study notes to your flash cards - they're saved and backed up at trainchinese.com.
Pleco is the ultimate Chinese learning companion - an integrated Chinese English dictionary / document reader / flashcard system with fullscreen handwriting input and live camera-based character lookups, from a company with over a decade of experience making mobile Chinese learning software.
• Great dictionaries: the free app comes with two dictionaries that between them cover 130,000 Chinese words and include 20,000 example sentences with Pinyin, and 11 other wonderful dictionaries are available as paid upgrades. (another batch of dictionaries are due out this spring)
• Live Optical Character Recognizer: look up Chinese words simply by pointing your device's camera at them, or by scrolling around a still image. (paid add-on)
• Handwriting input: use the entire width of your device's screen to draw characters. Very accurate, with a recognition engine licensed from China's leading maker of handwriting input systems. (paid add-on, free for a limited time)
• Flashcard System: create a card from any dictionary entry with a single button tap, import premade word lists, use advanced memorization techniques like SRS (spaced repetition), and study in a variety of modes including fill-in-the-blanks and tone drills. (simple version free, full-featured a paid add-on)
• Powerful search: look up words by Chinese characters, Pinyin (spaces and tones optional), or a combination, with support for wildcards and full-text search.
• Cross-referencing: tap on any Chinese character / word in any dictionary entry to bring up its definition.
• Audio Pronunciation: instantly hear a native-speaker Mandarin audio recording of each Chinese headword; recordings are available for over 34,000 words. (single-syllable free, multi a paid add-on)
• Voice Recognition: not too exciting since it's built into Android, but we support it and it works well. (free)
• Stroke Order Diagrams: animations showing you how to draw each Chinese character; over 20,000 characters are covered. (paid add-on)
• Document Reader: open a Chinese-language text file and translate unknown words simply by tapping on them. You can also look up characters on web pages and in Word / RTF documents via the pasteboard. (paid add-on)
• Mainland- and Taiwan-friendly: supports traditional and simplified characters (in dictionary definitions, stroke order diagrams, searches, OCR, and handwriting), and supports Zhuyin as well as Pinyin for pronunciation display. Experimental Cantonese support too.
• Tablet-friendly: Android 4 optimized, includes a two-panel (results + definition together) interface that's perfect for tablets, and we've also tweaked our layouts around tablet-sized screens.
• No ads: we won't even nag you about buying add-ons.
We also offer excellent customer support - send us an email and see for yourself - and an active user community at plecoforums.com.
We've been selling mobile Chinese dictionary apps since 2001, and our sales and customer base have been steadily growing for 12 years across four different platforms. We take good care of our longtime users, too - people who bought the Oxford dictionary from us in 2001 can still use that purchase on their brand new Android phone in 2014 without even having to pay an upgrade fee. You can be confident that we'll still be fixing bugs and adding new features for many years to come.
Paid add-ons can be transferred to another device like any other paid app; load the free version of Pleco on your new device, go into "Add-ons" and tap "Restore Market Purchases."
Customers who already own our software on another platform: see pleco.com/android for upgrade / license transfer options.
-Great study aid for those on the go
-Pinyin pronunciations, definitions, and examples of each character
-Ability to mark the cards you miss and review them later
-View the cards in sequential or random order
-Includes both simplified and traditional characters
More from developer
Think of it as a browser for Twitter.
You can set the ticker feeds to preset lineups (news, business, entertainment, sports etc.) or customize each ticker feed yourself. For custom ticker feeds, select from the built-in database, or enter any Twitter @account or search term. When you have a custom lineup that you like, save it. It can be reloaded anytime. (up to 150 saved lineups).
As the Twitter content is streaming by, touch any ticker to read the full Tweet. You can follow web links embedded in the Tweet and fetch Tweets from @users or with #hash tags.
To advance the ticker to the next Tweet, just swipe the ticker from right to left. To advance all the tickers at-once, rotate the device 180 degrees.
Use SocialTicker as a Twitter browser, or use it to keep an eye on Twitter while you're engaged in other activities.
It features over 12 brushes and 14 filters, custom color selection, image brushes with your own custom images, open and save image files, paint in the background or foreground layer and more.
PaintletScript is an XML language for drawing to the canvas. Paintlet comes with a standard set of PaintletScripts for framing the canvas, drawing backgrounds, creating notepads, scrambling the canvas and even playing TicTacToe.
You can learn to write your own PaintletScripts and copy them directly to your Android device, or share them with other Paintlet users in the cloud.