1) A unique layout with 31 keys for typing Malayalam.
2) Easy to learn layout - Malayalam letter keys are arranged in alphabetical order
3) Quick switch to qwerty and symbol keypad
4) Fully customizable symbol and Emoji Layout with built in layout Editor.
5) Unicode Character Map Support
6) Subject-wise word prediction feature - create word prediction list from websites and text files
7) Easily input koottaksharam with single tap using the scrollable koottaksharam list above the keyboard(turn off prediction).
8)Automatic Word learning feature.
9) Can also be used in devices with Android version which did not support proper Malayalam rendering.
10) Real-time Malayalam spell checker facility.
11) 7 keyboard themes with character color,size change option
1) Keys in Second last row are for selection only (Eg: On pressing 'അ' in second last row, letters അ to ഐ - will displayed in third row of keypad- second last rows 'ക' key is used for input ക to ഞ from third row and so on)
2) Use 'ABC' key to launch the qwerty keypad.
3) Use '123' key to get the number and symbol keys.
4)Long Press Enter Key to launch Supplementary symbol keypad
5) For setting Malayalam Keyboard for Android™ as your default keyboard- Open Settings-> Language and input ->Select Malayalam Keyboard for Android as your default keyboard.
6) For adding new word to prediction database just tap on the specified word(first word in the list) displayed above the keypad.
7) Use the keyboard key(bottom left) to close the keypad or Long press on it to change default input method.
Enter characters in unicode encoding format.
1)For writing കോ [ko] use this order ക +ോ , for writing കൈ= ക+ൈ
2)For writing koottaksharam use chandrakkala for joining characters. Eg : ക്ഷ = ക+്+ഷ
Send feedback and suggestions to email@example.com
- Once installed open the app.
- Now a popup that says "മ" will appear on the right side of your screen
- You can drag it around. When you need to type in malayalam , tap on that popup
- Now a new window will appear where you can type in manglish words
- Once you are done with typing, click the "copy" icon on the newly appeared window
- Text will be copied to the clipboard and the window will be minimized to the old icon "popup"
- You can now paste that text to anywhere you want
All the alphabets are given in three tabs namely sware, kootta and chillu. When we usually type in malayalam we find difficulty in typing “Koottaksharangal” since you should exactly know the combination of letters to obtain a “Kootaksharam”, To avoid this problem the most difficult “Koottakshrangal” is given in a separate tab. The vowel signs are given in floating groups so that it can be reached throughout. Other letter groups are scrollable. When we type letter like “ka” in any Malayalam font by default it will print “kvu”. As an experiment this is set it to the same letter in this application, so you may type just like you write Malayalam. For obtaining a "Koottaksharam" type "Chandrakala" between two letters.
Please note that This application works only in Android Versions starting from Honeycomb(3.2)
To share the text in to Facebook, copy it, click share and select Facebook, paste in to the timeline (If Malayalam Font is not installed in your device you will see the cursor blink after some gap without any text) just click share. Now Everybody will be able to see your post even though you may not.
Option to share or copy paste text to facebook,email,SMS,Twitter etc. is available
Even though you can type Malayalam as the font is packed with this application file, If you share or copy paste to another application, unless Malayalam font is installed in your device, the text will shows as blocks only. But you can sent it via email since receiver can read it in a computer.
For installing the Malayalam Font in your device (Galaxy Phones) do the following,
1. Go to your Settings > Applications > and make sure that Unknown Sources is checked. Checking Unknown Sources allows you to install Android Applications from sources other than Google Play.
2. Download The Malayalam Font Named "Anjaly old Lipi" by clicking the link belowbelow
4. After installing "Anjali" Font, go to Settings > Display > Font Style and select "Anjali Old Lipi" as your display font.
If this does not work, you have to root your phone.(Not recommended if your phone is in warranty period as warrant will void) to do rooting see the Youtube video available in this page.
If you like this application please give a good rating and share it with friends in facebook. Click the link below.Thank You.
If you find this Application useful, please give a good rating
If your are able to read "സുപ്രഭാതം" (Malayalam text) in your mobile phone, If you can read Malayalam text on your phone, you may install this application.
Please see video to know how it works.
1. Download and install this application on phone.
2. Open EzyType's Home screen. there are two button on screen (i) Enable Keyboard (ii) Choose default
3. Press 'Enable Keyboard" button and select EazyType Keyboard to enable this keyboard
4. Press "Choose default" button and choose EazyType Keyboard as default keyboard.
2. Go to "Setting"->"Language and Input" and tick in check box on EazyType Malayalam
3. Go to any text filed in which you want to type.
4. Drag Notification bar (On the top of Screen of Phone). Tap on "Select input method"
Now Select "EazyType Malayalam Free" (On a popup)
Long press on text field and choose "Input Method".
Now Select EazyType Malayalam Free (On a popup)
• A useful complement to touchscreen typing or voice input
• A fun way to enter emojis by drawing
• Useful for languages that can be challenging to type on a standard keyboard
• Works across your Android phones and tablets running Android 4.0.3 and up
• If you claim your handwriting is terrible, try it out and see if it can convince you otherwise
Install only if you can read above.
If you see BOXES or BLANK, your PHONE itself does NOT support Malayalam.
If you see broken Malayalam, your PHONE has partial Malayalam implementation.
Layout is simple and quick to learn. Easily related to english qwerty.
Works only if
1. Malayalam Font Installed
2. Device Complex Font Rendering.
Latest Indian firmwares support these.
More features and layouts will come soon. Report any issues or requests here or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ആ = double tap/shift അ
കി = ക + ഇ
കീ = ക + (double tap/shift ഇ) ഈ
ഖ = double tap ക
ഋ = double tap ര [ഹൃ=ഹ്ര]
ഐ = double tap യ [കൈ= കയ്]
ഔ = double tap വ [കൌ=കവ്]
Once you have typed you can share it via Twitter, Email and other supporting apps. You also can copy and paste it into any apps of your choice.
Keymap and live keymap support provided.
NOTE: Disable auto suggest/predictive text in keyboard setting to get accurate conversion.
A tool for Malayalam translation from English to Malayalam
The English words are translate to Malayalam after hitting space.
Once you complete typing you can share it on social network or on SMS.
You can save text for future reference
'വായനക്കാര്ക്ക് വിഷു ആശംസകള്.'
The Panini Keypad is an intelligent dynamic keypad that offers you to type easy and fast in Malayalam (മലയാളം) on your phone. This new technology constantly calculates and puts only 11 characters on the screen that you are most likely to type. Character Buttons are large and easy to point and you make less errors. The accurate prediction helps you compose difficult words in their correct letter sequences as per Unicode.
You can use the Panini Keypad to type Malayalam/English sms, messages, chat, facebook, Address Book, email, blogs, reminders, twitter, whatsapp etc.
PaniniKeypad is an IME(input method editor) for android phones & tablets. This can be your default keypad.
Also high quality intelligent dictionary auto complete and word prediction is offered in both Malayalam and English. More innovations coming up.
1. Download and install this application on phone.
2. Go to "Settings"->"Language & input/Locale & text" -> select Panini Keypad IME. (check on) Green.
3. Again Go to "Settings"->"Language & input/Locale & text"-> set Default Keyboard/ Input Method as PaniniKeypad IME.
4. Back to text compose area, keyboard will appear on screen.
5. Experience Fast & Easy way of typing on android phones.
Watch Malayalam typing youtube video:
After installation click on PaniniKeypad icon on home screen to get detailed information about launch the IME & typing related help.
Direct download Malayalam .apk file from website:
1. Look for the character, press it.
2. If character not there, press Next button.
There is a 74% chance that the first character of your word is on the screen and after that there is a 93% (and higher) chance that the next characters will be predicted to your fingertips. Predicted characters very often in the top left corner and most often you type pressing the same key, at a position comfortable to your thumb.
The intelligent technology is based on linguistics, AI and the dynamic intelligent keypad is patented all over the world and winner of many awards for innovation.
14 Indian languages are supported with this same system of typing and orthography. And many other languages of the world.
This is the best way to type for both basic phones and touch phones. Those who have found out its magic, please help others also to discover.
For Koottaksharam (adha ka etc, consonant clusters) please put a Chandrakala [്] (character with + sign) in the middle of the two consonants. The Koottaksharam will automatically form. The Chandrakala [്] is also a character, predicted automatically like others and shown in RED for your easy recognition.
Examples of correct character entry sequence (Orthography):
രക്ഷ= ര+ക+ ് +ഷ
ജ്ഞാനം = ജ+്+ഞ+ാ+ന+ം
വിദ്യ = വ+ി+ദ+്+യ
പാത്രം = പ+ാ+ത+്+ര+ം
തിരുവനന്തപുരം = ത+ി+ര+ു+വ+ന+ന+ ് +ത+പ+ു+ര+ം
Learn how to write every possible Koottaksharam from link:
In this latest version you can type in English in between Malayalam, by using QWERTY keyboard. One can type Malayalam/ English numerals, symbols etc.
Give a try to this new way of typing, you will learn very quickly. You must use it in Galaxy Note, Grand, S3, S4, Trend etc also, its absolutely a pleasure due to the large keys.
"We would like to share with PaniniKeypad users that this technology (PaniniKeypad) has been granted US patent in June 2014."
Privacy concerns: Panini Keypad does not try to read your data or connect to a server for prediction. Your data stays on your phone and the application does not connect anywhere, you can use it offline also.
"YOUR PHONE MUST HAVE MALAYALAM FONT, OTHERWISE SHOWS SQUARE/BLANK BOXES."
- 23 languages supported NOW!!
- Learns the common words you use and provides suggestions.
- Provides compact, convenient keyboard layouts for the casual users as well as the language lovers
- Transliteration - You type using English, the app will convert it into your language. Eg: Typing "namaste" will give you नमस्ते
- Fully integrates with native Android look and feel
- Free and Open Source - Made for the people, by the people. YOU can make it better.
Will my phone support it ?
Indic keyboard supports Android version 4.1 and above (Jellybean, Kitkat and Lollipop). If you can see your language in its native script below you should be able to install and use it.
Some phones may not support all the languages listed since the phone's maker shipped fonts only for some of these languages. Even then, rendering for some of the languages is not perfect on Android
What languages are supported ?
- Assamese Keyboard (অসমীয়া) - Inscript, Transliteration
- Arabic Keyboard (العَرَبِيةُ)
- Bengali / Bangla Keyboard (বাংলা) - Probhat, Avro, Inscript, Compact
- Burmese Keyboard (ဗမာ) / Myanmar - xkb
- Gujarati Keyboard (ગુજરાતી) - Phonetic, Inscript, Transliteration
- Hindi Keyboard (हिन्दी) - Inscript, Transliteration
- Kannada Keyboard (ಕನ್ನಡ) - Phonetic, Inscript, Transliteration (Baraha), Compact, Anysoft
- Kashmiri Keyboard (کأشُر) - Inscript, Transliteration
- Malayalam Keyboard (മലയാളം) - Phonetic, Inscript, Transliteration (Mozhi), Swanalekha
- Manipuri Keyboard / Methei Keyboard (মৈতৈলোন্) - Inscript
- Maithili Keyboard (मैथिली) - Inscript
- Marathi Keyboard (मराठी) - Transliteration
- Mon Keyboard (ဘာသာ မန်;)
- Nepali Keyboard (नेपाली) - Phonetic, Traditional, Transliteration, Inscript
- Oriya Keyboard (ଓଡ଼ିଆ) - Inscript, Transliteration, Lekhani
- Punjabi / Gurmukhi Keyboard (ਪੰਜਾਬੀ) - Phonetic, Inscript, Transliteration
- Sanskrit Keyboard (संस्कृत) - Transliteration
- Santali Keyboard-(संताली) - Inscript (Devanagari script)
- Sinhala Keyboard / Sinhalese (සිංහල) - Transliteration
- Tamil Keyboard (தமிழ்) - Tamil 99, Inscript, Phonetic, Compact, Transliteration
- Telugu Keyboard (తెలుగు) - Phonetic, Inscript, Transliteration, KaChaTaThaPa, Compact
- Urdu Keyboard (اردو) - Transliteration
How do I enable it ?
Indic keyboard has a wizard that will walk you through the process of setting it up so that you can use it comfortably.
Why is there a warning about "collecting data"?
This warning message is a part of the Android operating system. It will appears whenever you try to enable a third party keyboard.
What is a keyboard layout ?
Indic keyboard provides multiple "keyboard layouts". This means that you will have different ways to type in your native language.
Transliteration allows you to type out words using English characters, but will automatically transform the words to your native language. For example, if you type "namaste" in English while using Devanagari transliteration keyboard, it will transform it to नमस्ते correctly
Inscript layout is the standardized keyboard that Government of India came up with to cater for the majority of the languages in India. We support the full specification, and if you are already familiar with Inscript on your Desktop, it will work on the phone too.
Phonetic keyboard is similar to Transliteration scheme - you can type what the words sound like using English characters and it will be automatically transformed into your language.
Compact Keyboard allows to type Indian languages without the shift key. You can long press on the letters to get more options.
Find out more at : https://gitlab.com/smc/indic-keyboard
*** In case you don't see text it simply means your device don't support the character set. ***
** If you are unable to see language suggestion by Keyboard please download fonts available in settings. **
* Due to licence issues we had to remove fonts from the server, will request you to download the font by yourself and save it under "fonts" folder in your SDCard root. Please use these names while saving the fonts
"CHINESE" : arial.ttf
"GUJRATI" : arial.ttf
Multilingual keyboard (Including the Indic Languages).
A unique keyboard which provides the facility to use transliterate ( A facility by which you can write your native language using English keyboard. )
Application supports a wide variety of options
"ENGLISH", "AMHARIC", "ARABIC", "BENGALI", "CHINESE", "GREEK", "GUJRATI", "HINDI", "KANNADA", "MALYALAM","MARATHI", "NEPALI", "ORIYA", "PERSIAN", "PUNJABI", "RUSSIAN", "SANSKRIT", "SERBIAN", "TAMIL", "TELEGU", "TIGRINYA", "URDU"
You will be able to see the text in above mentioned languages in the suggestion field, so that you can choose the correct one. But once selected (Manually or by pressing space bar) it will be responsibility of the application to support that language on which you are working.
Please remember... font support is provided by the devices, so if you are unable to see a particular font then it means the support for that language is not available for your device.
Please let me know if any particular language is not showing in suggestion section.
In case you don't see text it simply means your device don't support the character set.
Application uses Internet "It connects to Google Server" - I will recommend you not to use this while using your credit / Debit cards as i am also not sure about the caching of Data by the server.
Application is in BETA, and i will release the application source pretty soon.
Request you to put some constructive comments... which can help application evolve... :)
Please read the blog to know installation process : http://abhinavasblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/transliteration-keyboard.html
# Fixed language not appearing issue even after downloading font.
# FIXED CRASH
# Fixed Issue for Gingerbread when downloading language pack.
# Reduced application size from 24MB to 900KB
# Download your fonts from menu in Ukeyboard settings page.
# Bug Fixes
# More colors to choose
# Languages added so can see in suggestion even if phone do not support the font.
# Added Hepatic feedback.
# Added keyboard customization support.
- You have to type in the same sequence as you write it on paper. Anyone who has written malayalam can use this application in under one minute.
- You can make the malayalam text posted in Twitter, Facebook, Email.
Additionally dictionary, custom words and autocompletion will be available in coming weeks.
You don't need this app if you use English only.
In some phones like Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Intex, Carbonn, Micromax, HTC and Sony series Malayalam font is not supporting. So we created this app to help those peoples whose phone does not supports Malayalam font.
Once you see text in Malayalam , you can send the message via other apps such as SMS, Gmail, Twitter, Facebook, Google Docs, WhatsApp Messenger and so on. These apps may show boxes but don't worry, your recipient should able to see it.
You can not translate English to Malayalam translation or Malayalam to English translation in this app. You can just see Malayalam font in our application to read. Not Malayalam translation.
This app is for rooted devices only! If you don't know what root is then please do not download this app.
This app is also available in ROM Toolbox Pro along with many more features.
If you have any problems and/or questions feel free to email us at email@example.com. We will provide fast and friendly support.
Changing fonts modifies your system files. You should always have a current backup in recovery and know how to restore your device back to stock.
My fonts won't change.
Font Installer overwrites the font files in the /system/fonts directory. To install a font you must have root access and S-OFF (for HTC devices). Some apps use their own font and cannot be overwritten by Font Installer.
Before attempting to install any fonts please make sure you backup your fonts. You should also have a current nandroid backup.
Font Installer needs to overwrite the correct system files. Please make sure you have the correct fonts selected to be overwritten.
If you’re running Android 4.0 ICS or newer, make sure Roboto-Regular.ttf is selected.
If you’re running Android 3.X or earlier, make sure DroidSans.ttf is selected.
If you’re running MIUI, make sure Arial.ttf is selected.
To change which fonts get overwritten open Font Installer and click Menu >> Preferences >> Select Fonts.
How do I restore the original font?
To restore your font to the default system font press the menu button while inside Font Installer, click “Backup and Restore”, and restore the original fonts you had (assuming you made a font backup before changing fonts).
Alternatively, you can choose the accurate font for your Android OS version according to the list below:
If you’re running Android 4.0 ICS or 4.1 JellyBean, install the “Roboto” font.
If you’re running Android 3.X or earlier, install the “DroidSans” font.
If you’re running MIUI, install the “Arial” font.
If all else fails, a last resort would involve re-flashing your ROM or restoring a nandroid backup of the /system partition (a factory reset would not touch the system partition where fonts are stored).
Special characters aren't supported. What's the deal?
Unfortunately we cannot fix this issue. You can install a custom typeface that supports your language or other special characters. First, find the desired font and download it to your SD card. Then, using Font Installer, navigate to the “Local” tab to select the font file and install.
The Malayalam keyboard included in this app has a very simple layout. Malayalam keyboard has keys arranged in 'varnmala' order and English keyboard has qwerty like layout.
Messages written in this application are saved and can be reedited at the later time.
Four options are present for Keyboard size which can be selected from menu button. You can choose a size according to your convenience.
Feature include background color, text color, text highlighting and line alignment.
Type in Malayalam with regular english keyboard now available OFFLINE. Ya, you heard it right. You don't have to spend your phone data to write in Malayalam.
Popular Malayalam Newspapers in one place. No need to type website to view newspapers. News is just a click away.
Videos Section will be updated daily with news, informative, interesting stuffs. Keep checking the videos section.
Learn Malayalam with fun. Teach your kids to write Malayalam Alphabets. They will enjoy learning.
Update your facebook status , send message to someone in facebook, your phone contacts, viber in Malayalam.
Copy and paste wherever you need.
More fun is heading your way, so stay tuned.
Keywords: Malayalam Unicode, Write Malayalam, Type in Malayalam, Offline Malayalam Keyboard, Offline Unicode converter, Malayalam Transliteration, Offline Malayalam Transliteration.Malayalam News, Malayalam Recipes, Malayalam Videos, Learn Malayalam, Teach Malayalam,
May the power of the sacred prayers of the Holy Church, help us in our journey to the Kingdom of God.
“Sh’himo” is the Syriac word for “common” or “ordinary.” It simply refers to the prayers that are done on ordinary days (outside of the three day fast of Nineveh and the Great Fast) when there is not an important feast of the Church being celebrated. The Sh’himo prayers do not include Sunday, as every Sunday is a festal day on which we celebrate the Resurrection (Qyomtho) of our Lord.
First Unicode Malayalam Bible for Android with English KJV and ASV versions.
Better font support for devices with JellyBean and above
NOTE: ICS users, please change Menu -> Preferences -> Unicode Rendering Fix to "Alternate Fix" to get good rendering.
Copy/Share/Bookmark verses. Swipe left/right for chapter navigation.
NOTE: Please uninstall (Home -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Bible -> Uninstall) and re-install if you have trouble updating to new version. Contact developer for any issue.
For devices with Android v2.2+, preferred location of the app is SD card. Content database will be installed in SD card, if SD card is available. So app now requires permission to write to SD card.
Now you can customize the app through preferences menu available under device menu button.
Available options are:
Languages - Select primary and secondary languages to display
Display Layout - Choose one of the three layout options for displaying multiple versions
Font Size - Increase/decrease content font size
Theme - Select one of five background colors
Unicode Rendering - If your device (e.g: LG Optima) does't display Unicode characters properly, try "Alternate Fix" or "No Fix"
Malayalam content for this App is obtained from "The Complete Malayalam Bible In Unicode Ver 2.4" encoded by Nishad Kaippally. It may have minor errors. Any help in proof checking will be greatly appreciated. I will push updates to the content as a new version as it is available.
English content for this app is obtained from public domain.
Disclaimer: As Android doesn't support complex text layout for Malayalam unicode characters yet, there were some non-standard ways used to get the rendering (Like reordering the unicode characters on the fly, etc.) as a temporary solution due to Google's total disregard for incorporating the scripts of over 1.2 billion people. Author of the Malayalam content for this app doesn't endorse any non-standard implementation used in this app as it is counter productive to the objective of the project.