1) Allows to type the entire Malayalam character set from one layout by single tap with out navigate back and forth through different pages.
2) Also includes qwerty and number-symbol keypad.
3) Malayalam character keys are arranged in alphabetical order.
4) Suitable for small and large displays with any resolution in portrait or in landscape mode.
5) Easily input koottaksharam with single tap using the scrollable koottaksharam list shown above the keyboard.
6) Word prediction feature(List should be manually created during typing-feature no.5 will disabled if it enabled).
7) Can also be used in devices with android version which did not support proper Malayalam rendering, for sending Unicode Malayalam text via sms or email.
8) Keyboard with full Symbol pad key customization.
9)Malayalam spell checker with vibration and sound alert.
1) Key in light blue colour(Second last row) are for selection only (Eg: light blue key 'അ' is for selecting അ to ഐ - will displayed in third row of keypad- light blue ക for displaying ക to ഞ in third row and so on)
2) Use 'ABC' key to launch the qwerty keypad.
3) Use '123' key to get the number and symbol keys.
4) For setting Android Malayalam Keyboard as your default keyboard- Open Settings-> Language and input ->Select Android Malayalam Keyboard as your default keyboard.
5) For adding new word(maximum character limit 50) to prediction database just tap on the specified word(first word in the list) displayed above the keypad.
6) Use the keyboard key(bottom left) to close the keypad or Long press on it to change default input method.
Enter characters in unicode encoding format.
1)For writing കോ [ko] use this order ക +ോ , for writing കൈ= ക+ൈ
2)For writing koottaksharam use chandrakkala for joining characters. Eg : ക്ഷ = ക+്+ഷ
3)While using 'ra' symbol (eg: പ്ര (pra) ) use it after typing the letter for correct rendering.
Send feedback and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have typed you can share it via Twitter, Email and other supporting apps. You also can copy and paste it into any apps of your choice.
Keymap and live keymap support provided.
NOTE: Disable auto suggest/predictive text in keyboard setting to get accurate conversion.
- You have to type in the same sequence as you write it on paper. Anyone who has written malayalam can use this application in under one minute.
- You can make the malayalam text posted in Twitter, Facebook, Email.
Additionally dictionary, custom words and autocompletion will be available in coming weeks.
All the alphabets are given in three tabs namely sware, kootta and chillu. When we usually type in malayalam we find difficulty in typing “Koottaksharangal” since you should exactly know the combination of letters to obtain a “Kootaksharam”, To avoid this problem the most difficult “Koottakshrangal” is given in a separate tab. The vowel signs are given in floating groups so that it can be reached throughout. Other letter groups are scrollable. When we type letter like “ka” in any Malayalam font by default it will print “kvu”. As an experiment this is set it to the same letter in this application, so you may type just like you write Malayalam. For obtaining a "Koottaksharam" type "Chandrakala" between two letters.
Please note that This application works only in Android Versions starting from Honeycomb(3.2)
To share the text in to Facebook, copy it, click share and select Facebook, paste in to the timeline (If Malayalam Font is not installed in your device you will see the cursor blink after some gap without any text) just click share. Now Everybody will be able to see your post even though you may not.
Option to share or copy paste text to facebook,email,SMS,Twitter etc. is available
Even though you can type Malayalam as the font is packed with this application file, If you share or copy paste to another application, unless Malayalam font is installed in your device, the text will shows as blocks only. But you can sent it via email since receiver can read it in a computer.
For installing the Malayalam Font in your device (Galaxy Phones) do the following,
1. Go to your Settings > Applications > and make sure that Unknown Sources is checked. Checking Unknown Sources allows you to install Android Applications from sources other than Google Play.
2. Download The Malayalam Font Named "Anjaly old Lipi" by clicking the link belowbelow
4. After installing "Anjali" Font, go to Settings > Display > Font Style and select "Anjali Old Lipi" as your display font.
If this does not work, you have to root your phone.(Not recommended if your phone is in warranty period as warrant will void) to do rooting see the Youtube video available in this page.
If you like this application please give a good rating and share it with friends in facebook. Click the link below.Thank You.
'വായനക്കാര്ക്ക് വിഷു ആശംസകള്.'
The Panini Keypad is an intelligent dynamic keypad that offers you to type easy and fast in Malayalam (മലയാളം) on your phone. This new technology constantly calculates and puts only 11 characters on the screen that you are most likely to type. Character Buttons are large and easy to point and you make less errors. The accurate prediction helps you compose difficult words in their correct letter sequences as per Unicode.
You can use the Panini Keypad to type Malayalam/English sms, messages, chat, facebook, Address Book, email, blogs, reminders, twitter, whatsapp etc.
PaniniKeypad is an IME(input method editor) for android phones & tablets. This can be your default keypad.
Also high quality intelligent dictionary auto complete and word prediction is offered in both Malayalam and English. More innovations coming up.
1. Download and install this application on phone.
2. Go to "Settings"->"Language & input/Locale & text" -> select Panini Keypad IME. (check on) Green.
3. Again Go to "Settings"->"Language & input/Locale & text"-> set Default Keyboard/ Input Method as PaniniKeypad IME.
4. Back to text compose area, keyboard will appear on screen.
5. Experience Fast & Easy way of typing on android phones.
Watch Malayalam typing youtube video:
After installation click on PaniniKeypad icon on home screen to get detailed information about launch the IME & typing related help.
1. Look for the character, press it.
2. If character not there, press Next button.
There is a 74% chance that the first character of your word is on the screen and after that there is a 93% (and higher) chance that the next characters will be predicted to your fingertips. Predicted characters very often in the top left corner and most often you type pressing the same key, at a position comfortable to your thumb.
The intelligent technology is based on linguistics, AI and the dynamic intelligent keypad is patented all over the world and winner of many awards for innovation.
14 Indian languages are supported with this same system of typing and orthography. And many other languages of the world.
This is the best way to type for both basic phones and touch phones. Those who have found out its magic, please help others also to discover.
For Koottaksharam (adha ka etc, consonant clusters) please put a Chandrakala [്] (character with + sign) in the middle of the two consonants. The Koottaksharam will automatically form. The Chandrakala [്] is also a character, predicted automatically like others and shown in RED for your easy recognition.
Examples of correct character entry sequence (Orthography):
രക്ഷ= ര+ക+ ് +ഷ
ജ്ഞാനം = ജ+്+ഞ+ാ+ന+ം
വിദ്യ = വ+ി+ദ+്+യ
പാത്രം = പ+ാ+ത+്+ര+ം
തിരുവനന്തപുരം = ത+ി+ര+ു+വ+ന+ന+ ് +ത+പ+ു+ര+ം
Learn how to write every possible Koottaksharam from link:
In this latest version you can type in English in between Malayalam, by using QWERTY keyboard. One can type Malayalam/ English numerals, symbols etc.
Give a try to this new way of typing, you will learn very quickly. You must use it in Galaxy Note, Grand, S3, S4, Trend etc also, its absolutely a pleasure due to the large keys.
Privacy concerns: Panini Keypad does not try to read your data or connect to a server for prediction. Your data stays on your phone and the application does not connect anywhere, you can use it offline also.
"YOUR PHONE MUST HAVE MALAYALAM FONT, OTHERWISE SHOWS SQUARE/BLANK BOXES."
നീതി പാലിക്കാന് വേണ്ടിയാണെങ്കില് പോലും ഒരു സുഹൃത്തിനെ ദ്രോഹിക്കരുത്
Install only if you can read above.
If you see BOXES or BLANK, your PHONE itself does NOT support Malayalam.
If you see broken Malayalam, your PHONE has partial Malayalam implementation.
Layout is simple and quick to learn. Easily related to english qwerty.
1. Goto Settings -> Language and Keyboards
2. Enable JustMalayalam
3. Select “Input method” -> then JustMalayalam
SWIPE LEFT/RIGHT FROM SPACEBAR TO CHANGE LANGUAGE
Works only if
1. Malayalam Font Installed
2. Device Complex Font Rendering.
Latest Indian firmwares support these.
More features and layouts will come soon. Report any issues or requests here or mail to email@example.com.
ആ = double tap/shift അ
കി = ക + ഇ
കീ = ക + (double tap/shift ഇ) ഈ
ഖ = double tap ക
ഋ = double tap ര [ഹൃ=ഹ്ര]
ഐ = double tap യ [കൈ= കയ്]
ഔ = double tap വ [കൌ=കവ്]
Tags: Kannada Hindi Telugu Tamil Malayalam Keyboard Android JustHindi JustKannada JustMalayalam AnysoftKeyboard Google Input MultiLing
Update your facebook status , send message to someone in facebook, your phone contacts, viber in Malayalam.
Copy and paste wherever you need.
More fun is heading your way, so stay tuned.
Keywords: Malayalam Unicode, Write Malayalam, Type in Malayalam, Offline Malayalam Keyboard, Offline Unicode converter, Malayalam Transliteration, Offline Malayalam Transliteration.
Install only if you can read "കേരള രാജ്യം മനോഹരമാണ്".
If you see BOXES, you PHONE itself does NOT support Malayalam.
Malayalam Language pack for AnySoftKeyboard.
1. Install AnySoft keyboard from the play store.
2. Install this Malayalam Language Pack
3. Goto Settings -> Language and Keyboards
4. Enable Anysoft keyboard
5. Goto AnySoftKeyboard -> Keyboards -> Enable Malayalam layouts
6. Click on "Click for text testing", Press hold on input box until you get a popup
7. Select "Input method" -> then AnySoftKeyboard
You can switch between languages by pressing "->ABC->" button on the Keyboard
Works only if
1. Malayalam Font Installed
2. Device Complex Font Rendering. (Latest Indian firmwares supports)
3. AnySoftKeyboard to be Installed
More features and layouts to come.
Please give 5 stars and do comment.
Tags: Kannada Hindi Telugu Tamil Malayalam Keyboard Android JustHindi JustKannada JustMalayalam AnysoftKeyboard Google Input MultiLing
Users can directly type in their native language to any app installed in their phone. An installation wizard is included with the app to ease the setup process. Any novice user can install and setup the app for their language easily.
This app extends Android’s default keyboard and adds support for languages such as Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Sinhalese, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu. The app supports any device which has Android 4.1 and above installed. Most of the supported languages have 3 layouts - phonetic, inscript and transliteration.Do note that font support for all languages may not be available in all makes and models.
This keyboard requires Android 4.1+, and is developed with the support of DIT R & D Project undertaken by ICFOSS, Govt. of Kerala.
This will enable Thulika Keyboard. To select the keyboard: long press any textbox(for example the message box of your SMS app),then select Input Method -> Thulika ]
Thulika is a simple handwriting recognition keyboard. It detects a single letter provided to it. Supports ENGLISH(beta version) and MALAYALAM languages.
Thulika is the first Android app that has brought handwriting recognition to an Indian language(Malayalam).
Now you can use this keyboard even if the native OS doesn't support Malayalam.
Thulika has got a new look and feel which is drastically different from other keyboard apps. You can now use your entire screen to write! It is also semi-transparent, which gives you a glass like surface to write. The few blocks on the keyboard screen can also be moved, that is, the entire screen is configurable!
Write one letter at a time, and it'll recognize the letter.
For the first time, here is an Android keyboard where you can actually WRITE Indian languages(more specifically Malayalam, other languages will come soon hopefully).
Also don't forget to use the feedback button in the Thulika Settings.
And please do rate the app :)
Tags : keyboard, indian languages, Malayalam keyboard, IME, touch and write, handwriting recognition keyboard, thoolika keyboard
Purchase a membership here:
All-in-one light-weight keyboard
★★ No INTERNET permission = No data/password can be sent out
★ Emoji keyboard: Now supports ios 6 emoji (Android 4.2 Jelly Bean)
★ Bug fixed for KakaoTalk, WhatsApp, TicToc
★ Extreme customizable/scalable
★ T9, compact, Cyrillic phonetic (swipe ←)
★ Qwerty / Azerty / Qwertz / Dvorak / Left Hand / Right Hand / Colemak / Neo / Bépo
★ εχ๑тὶς, math, smiley faces, Edit Mode, Num Pad, symbols keyboard
★ Unicode IME
★ Esc, Ctrl, Alt, tab keys for ssh, telnet, remote desktop
★ Voice input
★ Auto correction: Type approximately or blind type
★ Autotext / shorthand.
★ Word learning
★ Split mode for tablets (thumb typing)
★ ICS (ice cream sandwich) tested.
★ Accents key / dead-key
★ Try Fontomizer SP if you have font issue.
Azərbaycan Azerbaijani, azeri
Bahasa Indonesia Indonesian
Bahasa Melayu Malay
Basa Jawa Javanese
Basa Sunda Sundanese
Bosanski jezik Bosnian
Diné bizaad Navajo, Navaho
Español, Castellano Spanish; Castilian
Euskara, Euskera Basque
Français, Langue Française French
Gàidhlig Scottish Gaelic; Gaelic
Gjuha Shqipe Albanian
Hrvatski Jezik Croatian
IPA International Phonetic Alphabet
Język Polski Polish
Lakȟóta Sioux, Lakota
Latine, Lingua Latina Latin
Latviešu Valoda Latvian
Lietuvių Kalba Lithuanian
Limba Română, Moldovenească Romanian, Moldavian
Mvskoke Creek, Muskogee, Muscogee
Norsk bokmål Norwegian Bokmål
Ōlelo Hawaiʻi Hawaiian
Schwyzerdütsch Swiss German
Serbsce, Serbski Sorbian, Wendish, Lusatian
Slovenčina, Slovenský jazyk Slovak
Slovenski jezik, Slovenščina Slovene
Tiếng Việt Vietnamese
Türkmen Түркмен Turkmen
беларуская мова Belarusian
български език Bulgarian
кыргыз тили Kirghiz, Kyrgyz
қазақ тілі Kazakh
македонски јазик Macedonian
русский язык Russian
српски језик Serbian
татар теле Tatar
тоҷикӣ, toğikī, تاجیکی Tajik
Тыва дыл Tuvan
українська мова Ukrainian
ئۇيغۇرچە Uighur, Uyghur
بهاس ملايو Malay
پښتو Pashto Pushto
سنڌي، سندھی Sindhi
فارسی Persian, Farsi
ދިވެހި Dhivehi Maldivian
አማርኛ Amharic Ethiopian
मराठी Marathi (Marāṭhī)
संस्कृतम् Sanskrit (Saṁskṛta)
हिन्दी, हिंदी Hindi
বিষ্ণুপ্রিয়া মণিপুরী Bishnupriya Manipuri
ਪੰਜਾਬੀ Panjabi, Punjabi
မြန်မာဘာသာ Myanmar, Burmese
ខ្មែរ, ខេមរភាសា, ភាសាខ្មែរ Khmer
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎦᏬᏂᎯᏍᏗ Cherokee
ᐊᓂᔑᓈᐯᒧᐎᓐ Ojibwe, Ojibwa
한국어 (韓國語), 조선어 (朝鮮語) Korean
ꆈꌠ꒿ Nuosu, Yi, 彝
手寫 中日韩 CJK Handwriting recognition
日本語 にほんご Japanese romaji
hanja 한자 仓颉 kanji 漢字 仮名 ローマ字 キーボード multilang 中国语 나랏글 OCR, AI, Graffiti bilingual input method Devanagari kaomoji 手写 輸入法 输入 偏旁 入力 필기입력 키보드 Speech 나랏글 gingerbread honeycomb icecream 香港字 廣東話 五筆 筆畫 繁體字正體字 簡繁 필기 인식 手写识别 手書き文字認識 scandinavian bepo translator
* Its simple, efficient and allows inputting any Malayalam character with a single slide motion.
* Has a base keyboard layout with a popup keyboard for characters based on fundamental characters.
* Select a base letter, slide across the popup keyboard to select and input the desired character.
* Please note there is a half letter character for every consonant in the popup keyboard.
Sparsh Malayalam Keyboard is part of the suite of Keyboards derived from Sparsh Indian Keyboard
Following keyboards are supported with dictionary support:
- Malayalam Keyboard
- English Keyboard
For this solution to work, the device must support Indian language font rendering.
The keyboard has been developed for Android devices running on version 2.1 and above.
The LatinIME touch keyboard solution of the Android platform was used as reference.
- Once installed open the app.
- Now a popup that says "മ" will appear on the right side of your screen
- You can drag it around. When you need to type in malayalam , tap on that popup
- Now a new window will appear where you can type in manglish words
- Once you are done with typing, click the "copy" icon on the newly appeared window
- Text will be copied to the clipboard and the window will be minimized to the old icon "popup"
- You can now paste that text to anywhere you want
How can I enable it and set it as the default input method/IME on my Android phone?
- On Android 4.x and newer versions:
Open Settings -> Language & Input, under “KEYBOARD & INPUT METHODS” section, check Google Hindi Input, then click Default and select “Hindi transliteration” in the “Choose input method” dialog.
When typing in an input box, you can also change the default input method by selecting “Choose input method” in the Notification area.
- On Android 2.x:
Open Settings -> Language & keyboard, under “Keyboard settings” section, check Google Hindi input.
When typing in an input box, long press in the box and select “Input method” in the popup menu, then select “Google Hindi Input”.
Before Android 4.0, Google did not provide official Devanagari font support. Please make sure that your manufacturer provides additional Devanagari font in your phone.
Your device may need different steps as described above. Please check the device’s user guide/manual for details.
How can I use this application?
- Toggle the button “a->अ” on English keyboard to turn on/off transliteration mode.
- In the transliteration mode, you can type Hindi word in English characters and the app will convert them to Hindi.
- For example, type “hindi” and then you will get the word हिंदी from a list.
- By turning off the transliteration mode on English keyboard, you can type in English.
- Toggle the globe button to switch between English and Hindi keyboard
- Consonants are alphabetically ordered into 2 pages. Press the paging button “1/2” “2/2” to navigate between pages. Long press the character key to select various forms in the popup.
More from developer
First Unicode Malayalam Bible for Android with English KJV and ASV versions.
NOTE: ICS+ users, please change Menu -> Preferences -> Unicode Rendering Fix to "Alternate Fix" to get good rendering.
Copy/Share/Bookmark verses. Swipe left/right for chapter navigation.
NOTE: Please uninstall (Home -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Bible -> Uninstall) and re-install if you have trouble updating to new version. Contact developer for any issue.
For devices with Android v2.2+, preferred location of the app is SD card. Content database will be installed in SD card, if SD card is available. So app now requires permission to write to SD card.
Now you can customize the app through preferences menu available under device menu button.
Available options are:
Languages - Select primary and secondary languages to display
Display Layout - Choose one of the three layout options for displaying multiple versions
Font Size - Increase/decrease content font size
Theme - Select one of five background colors
Unicode Rendering - If your device (e.g: LG Optima) does't display Unicode characters properly, try "Alternate Fix" or "No Fix"
Malayalam content for this App is obtained from "The Complete Malayalam Bible In Unicode Ver 2.4" encoded by Nishad Kaippally. It may have minor errors. Any help in proof checking will be greatly appreciated. I will push updates to the content as a new version as it is available.
English content for this app is obtained from public domain.
Disclaimer: As Android doesn't support complex text layout for Malayalam unicode characters yet, there were some non-standard ways used to get the rendering (Like reordering the unicode characters on the fly, etc.) as a temporary solution due to Google's total disregard for incorporating the scripts of over 1.2 billion people. Author of the Malayalam content for this app doesn't endorse any non-standard implementation used in this app as it is counter productive to the objective of the project.
A new Malayalam-English radio channel from the USA for Malayalis around the world. Interesting and entertaining programs specifically geared towards the immigrant Malayali community. On air 24/7
-Nonstop Malayalam film music
-Lively discussions on cinema/music/art/culture/literature
-Phone in shows