- Updated to reflect The American Heart Association Guidelines on CPR & Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- 34 videos and 46 high-resolution illustrations added
- Added Search functionality
- Reorganized content to make it easier to find help in an emergency
- Adult, Child, and Infant CPR
- Adult, Child, and Infant Choking
- Redesigned user interface for ease of use
- Bug fixes and other enhancements to improve user experience
Pocket First Aid & CPR from the American Heart Association helps save a life in Haiti. Read the incredible story of Dan Woolley, who survived 65 hours under rubble using this application. As seen on CNN, NBC Nightly News, Fox News, London Daily Mail, NPR, and many more. http://bit.ly/7LgxSu
All content provided by the American Heart Association, the nation's oldest and largest voluntary health organization dedicated to building healthier lives, free of heart disease and stroke. Learn more by visiting www.heart.org. Powered by Jive Media, the leading producer of consumer medical applications for mobile devices: http://jive.me/technology/
Send us your requests/feedback. We'd love to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org
This application is designed for the general public and is not meant to substitute for full CPR and first aid training, nor is it meant to be used by a healthcare provider in a professional setting.
This course is delivered in HD video and is narrated in US English, UK English, French, German, Spanish, Hindi and Chinese by certified First Aid instructors in a non-technical manner. The content is easy to understand and is valuable information that everyone should know.
Please note that a Micro SD card with at least 100MB is required to use this application.
About Us: Redi-Medic is a North American manufacturer of custom and professional emergency kits for over 25 years. During this time our kits for adventure, earthquakes, floods, and war zones have been shipped throughout the world. Over four years ago in order to promote awareness about public safety and health, we teamed up with professional first aid instructors to create these video series to include with our kits. The overwhelming positive response we received prompted us to release the series as applications for iPhone®/iPod®/iPad®, BlackBerry®, and Android™ devices.
To see rest of the series, please type redimedic, redi-medic, or redivideos in the search box of this page, or visit www.redimedic.com for live demonstrations and more information. Multiple license structures are available for your company or organization.
Information provided by leading educators and doctors at the University of Washington and the American Heart Association. The interface is very simple allowing for fast clicks of emergency type.
Don't waste time with videos. Each second counts...
When faced with such a medical emergency, CPR ASSISTANT will guide you step-by-step using both visual and auditory messages. It facilitates calls to emergency medical services. It also provides your GPS location.
The tasks and maneuvers strictly follow the recommendations published by the leading international scientific organizations and heart associations.
CPR ASSISTANT can be configured to adapt to the user’s level of knowledge and training in CPR techniques. It also has a learning module that presents the basic principles behind cardio-pulmonary resuscitation.
This application has been approved by the National Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Plan of the Spanish Society of Intensive Care Medicine and Coronary Units (SEMICYUC)
- one click to start the assistant
- heart pulses demonstrate the recommended chest compression frequency
- a beep sound indicates when the chest compression should be performed
- chest compression counter restarts to suggest the rescue breath
- shows elapsed time from the start of CPR
- call an ambulance button - after confirmation initiates a call to the ambulance (on the speaker phone)
- pulse frequency and chest compression counter restarts can be configured to allow for CPR for adults/children
- the default configuration applies for adults: 100 pulses per minute, rescue breath every 30 pulses
- ambulance phone number - 112 by default but can be easily changed to country specific number e.g. 911
Please comment and/or rate.
Other car locator apps can be complex, but Simple Car Locator detects your location right away, and logs your car's location automatically!
tags: iPark, wheres my car, car locator, find my car, where did I park, dude, where's my car
There are three main types of distraction:
Visual — taking your eyes off the road
Manual — taking your hands off the wheel
Cognitive — taking your mind off what you’re doing
Distracted driving is any non-driving activity a person engages in that has the potential to distract him or her from the primary task of driving and increase the risk of crashing.
While all distractions can endanger drivers’ safety, texting is the most alarming because it involves all three types of distraction.
The No Texting and Driving App curbs distracted driving by not only AUTO-RESPONDING to those who text you while you are en route, but also by READING YOUR TEXTS ALOUD so you can keep your focus on the road! You can even customize your own auto-response to whatever you like.