- Updated to reflect The American Heart Association Guidelines on CPR & Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- 34 videos and 46 high-resolution illustrations added
- Added Search functionality
- Reorganized content to make it easier to find help in an emergency
- Adult, Child, and Infant CPR
- Adult, Child, and Infant Choking
- Redesigned user interface for ease of use
- Bug fixes and other enhancements to improve user experience
Pocket First Aid & CPR from the American Heart Association helps save a life in Haiti. Read the incredible story of Dan Woolley, who survived 65 hours under rubble using this application. As seen on CNN, NBC Nightly News, Fox News, London Daily Mail, NPR, and many more. http://bit.ly/7LgxSu
All content provided by the American Heart Association, the nation's oldest and largest voluntary health organization dedicated to building healthier lives, free of heart disease and stroke. Learn more by visiting www.heart.org. Powered by Jive Media, the leading producer of consumer medical applications for mobile devices: http://jive.me/technology/
Send us your requests/feedback. We'd love to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org
This application is designed for the general public and is not meant to substitute for full CPR and first aid training, nor is it meant to be used by a healthcare provider in a professional setting.
Information provided by leading educators and doctors at the University of Washington and the American Heart Association. The interface is very simple allowing for fast clicks of emergency type.
Don't waste time with videos. Each second counts...
Chest compression is executed by pumping the chest to circulate oxygenated blood throughout the body. Three factors of chest compressions are crucial: hand placement, depth of compression, and compression rate. CPR guideline states to compress the adult chest at a rate of at least 100 compressions per minute, with a compression depth of at least 2 inches/5 cm, and at "the middle of the chest" by AHA guideline 2010.
The aim of the developed system is to estimate the compression action and to provide a feedback to follow the guideline above. Our software was designed to target Android 2.3 and higher.
- one click to start the assistant
- heart pulses demonstrate the recommended chest compression frequency
- a beep sound indicates when the chest compression should be performed
- chest compression counter restarts to suggest the rescue breath
- shows elapsed time from the start of CPR
- call an ambulance button - after confirmation initiates a call to the ambulance (on the speaker phone)
- pulse frequency and chest compression counter restarts can be configured to allow for CPR for adults/children
- the default configuration applies for adults: 100 pulses per minute, rescue breath every 30 pulses
- ambulance phone number - 112 by default but can be easily changed to country specific number e.g. 911
Please comment and/or rate.
During a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), there must be someone commanding the whole team, including the time and relay of cardiac massage.
To help manage this type of situation, our application shows different values of time required for a better monitoring of CPR.
HOW TO USE?
Let a program shortcut in a location easily accessible on your phone. When a Carido-respiratory arrest occurs, open the program and it will automatically start the operation of its functions.
Every two minutes, an alarm will be played along with a vibrating alert, indicating that it is time to switch the rescuer.
In addition, the application shows you the current time, the start time, the elapsed time and the current cycle number.
We recommend that you, after using the program, always close it by tapping the Exit button.
BEFORE YOU PURCHASE:
1. This application is designed for phones and is not tested on tablets. It may work on tablets, however, images will appear coarse since they are shrunk for memory-aware phones.
2. Please appreciate that the author cannot purchase all hardware and provider contracts for the large number of Android devices currently on the market. Please be so kind as to send a report preferably with screen snap should you encounter any layout issues.
3. This application operates in Portrait mode only.
4. Please contact us if you have any pre-sales questions.
5. We are not responsible for any kind of damage caused by using this application. If you disagree with this, don't install this application on your device.
Keywords: CPR, Cardiac Arrest, Managing, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, Clock, Time
Rimel website: https://sites.google.com/site/rimeltechnology/
The Basic/EMT task of performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation is fully illustrated using 3D graphics and interactive exercises to reinforce key learning concepts. This lesson includes: patient and scene evaluation, proper CPR techniques on adult, child and an infant, as well as airway management and oxygen administration techniques.
Medrills, presented by ArchieMD, provides compelling training material for preventive and general medical tasks such as obtaining IV access, performing CPR, or using an AED. The app is dedicated to an individual medical task and includes:
1. An instructional animation providing a deep understanding of the medical task.
2. Training with interactive exercises which enable practicing the task to prepare for assessment.
3. Testing section to evaluate the user’s knowledge and skill level of a particular task.
4. Receive CECBEMS course credit hours for mastering the test.
You can now purchase the Testing Mode for $.99, which gives you to the capabilities of receiving Continuing Education Hours (CEH)/ Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits after successfully completing the application. These hours are approved by CECBEMS, the national accrediting body for EMS continuing education courses and course providers.
In the Testing and Certification mode, EMTs (non Paramedic) will receive 1.0 Basic Continuing Education Hour, certified by CECBEMS.
NOTE – IN ORDER TO RECEIVE CEH CREDIT HOURS AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE OF : $1.99 MUST BE MADE AS AN IN-APP PURCHASE. USERS WHO DO NOT PURCHASE THE CEH AND TESTING MODE MAY VIEW THE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO AND TRAINING MODE BUT WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING IN A CECBEMS ACCREDITED COURSE.
CECBEMS verifies that sound education principles have been demonstrated in the development of this educational offering as evidenced by the review of its objectives, teaching plan, faculty, and program evaluation processes. CECBEMS does not endorse or support the actual opinions or material content as presented by the speaker(s) and/or sponsoring organization.
It is useful as a supplementary tool in the CPR educational area.
< Function of CPR simulation >
It shows the compression rate with playing a sound 100(or 110,120)/min and animation.
You can start and Stop the chest compression rhythm by the shake gesture.
Please select a favorite animation from 4 patterns.
You can do the simulation by following settings;
*Simulation of CPR with C-A-B.
- You can select a compression-to-ventilation ratio, 30:2 or 15:2.
- It shows a interruption time with a picture that prompts to start breathing when you need a breathing. Then it sounds every 1 second and automatically restarts a chest compression after 10 seconds.
*Simulation of Hands-only CPR
*Compression - ventilation time recording
- You can record to compression and ventilation time. And save to SD card.
< Function of Timer >
Count-down Timer : if you want to lesson CPR at a given time.
Count-up Timer : if you want to check a elapsed time by CPR.
Opt. Alarm at a set time - you may use it for medication support at the situation of ACLS.
It comes with graphic instructions and voice commands in different languages adapted to the casualty age (adult, child or baby) and incorporates a chronometer that counts up the time since we start CPR. Besides, with its "training mode", you can also have the opportunity of self-learning and practice at any time.
Thanks for its easy use, "ReviB" will show you all the steps until medical help arrives.
Only 5% of patients in Sudden Cardiac Arrest survive. Why? Mostly because CPR is not started immediately.
TEAM LIFE CPR is an easy to follow CPR Script to use in the event of a Sudden Cardiac Arrest.
A full CPR Training course for only USD $13.98 – including the certification card!
Learn CPR and Get your CPR certificate using ZOLL PocketCPR for Droid.
This version includes a complete Adult CPR Training Program that teaches CPR skills according to the latest American Heart Association and European Resuscitation Council CPR and ILCOR Guidelines as published on October 18, 2010.
Pocket CPR for Android is a must-have app for anyone who wants to learn how to perform CPR with accuracy. The PocketCPR can be used in CPR training programs and for individual practice at home or at work. It is a great tool for families to learn CPR in order to be prepared if a loved one needs their help.
PocketCPR for Android:
• Actively utilizes the accelerometer hardware in the Droid for real-time coaching and actual feedback on CPR while you are learning and practicing.
• Measures the actual rate and depth of your compressions and lets you know if you need to push faster or slower, and whether you should push harder or softer.
Other CPR prompting devices can provide instructions on CPR or encourage you on the steps and pace of CPR, but ONLY PocketCPR for Android can:
1. Give instructions.
2. Prompt on the steps for proper CPR.
3. AND give you REAL-TIME feedback on the chest compressions you deliver.
PocketCPR for Android will remind you to Call for Help, to provide ventilations according to guidelines (optional), and to perform CPR at the correct rate and depth. The device algorithms are in complete compliance with American Heart Assocation and International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) guidelines.
Pocket CPR for Droid features include:
• Clear visual and audio step-by-step instructions on CPR performance, including initial steps for the Chain of Survival.
• Option to go straight to chest compressions for those who are familiar with the initial Chain of Survival steps.
• Precise metronome to pace chest compressions.
• Accurate ability to detect rate of actual compressions and to state visually and audibly whether to push faster or to push slower.
• Industry-proven technology to detect the depth of chest compressions.
• Audio and visual prompts to push harder or to push softer.
• Prompts to remind the user to provide ventilations after the detection of 30 chest compressions.
• Feature to detect when chest compressions have stopped and to prompt user to START CPR.
• Complete Instructions for Use.
NOTE: The Pocket CPR for Android is currently for training and practice purposes only. The application is not yet cleared by the U.S. FDA for use in an actual rescue.
The CPR Training Program includes 9 video modules each teaching a separate aspect of CPR in sequence. The video modules include Scene Safety, Chest Compression, Optional Airway and Rescue Breathing, and others. The video and practice program will prepare you for the written and practical exams. You will be given coaching and instruction in real-time during your actual CPR chest compression practice. Upon completion you will receive your certificate right in the app.
• Now included as part of the free application
• Ability to pass a Hands-Only CPR course and obtain a CPR certification card
• Option to add a photo to the CPR certification card
• Ability to post CPR Certification photo card directly to Twitter and Facebook to show off your accomplishment and encourage others to learn CPR so they may one day save a life
More from developer
☑ Have you considered dating on Craigslist yourself?
☑ Are you looking for a hot hook-up and think Craigslist is the answer?!
Look no further than this app for the most authoritative advice on the subject. This app contains the most complete guide to dating or finding love on Craigslist! Finally, there's an app for dating on Craigslist!
There are three main types of distraction:
Visual — taking your eyes off the road
Manual — taking your hands off the wheel
Cognitive — taking your mind off what you’re doing
Distracted driving is any non-driving activity a person engages in that has the potential to distract him or her from the primary task of driving and increase the risk of crashing.
While all distractions can endanger drivers’ safety, texting is the most alarming because it involves all three types of distraction.
The No Texting and Driving App curbs distracted driving by not only AUTO-RESPONDING to those who text you while you are en route, but also by READING YOUR TEXTS ALOUD so you can keep your focus on the road! You can even customize your own auto-response to whatever you like.
Other car locator apps can be complex, but Simple Car Locator detects your location right away, and logs your car's location automatically!
tags: iPark, wheres my car, car locator, find my car, where did I park, dude, where's my car