Create your own Music Box music, and easily share your compositions with others.
Designed to aid composing and editing your own music prior to punching the paper strips for Music Boxes, MBC allows you to compose, edit, preview, play, save and share your creations via Twitter, Facebook, Email or local file transfer.
- Built for Tablets and Phones
- Supports 15, 20 and 30 note music boxes.
- Share your compositions with others via Facebook, Twitter and Email.
- Multiple undo
- Disable Notes for temporary changes
- Ripple edits
- Save and Load (access the save location via iTunes File Sharing/Android local storage)
- Sounds sampled from physical Music Boxes
- Save strip to JPG/PDF file.
- MIDI export and import
The physical Music Boxes with the punchable paper strips are great fun - what I found was missing was an easy way to preview either transpositions or original creations. This aims to fill that gap but it's also a fun music creation tool in it's own right. Compatible with the types of music box you can purchase from Grand Illusions or Kikkerland (the Sankyo 33 not box is not currently supported - but it is in the works).
There is a growing library of strips that can be loaded into the app:
For an example of a shared composition:
Demo of composing, printing, punching an playing:
Rated as a Killer App by Apps4iDevice.